Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
i am good at jokes's Journal

Journal Banner

i am good at jokes's Journal Statistics
View i am good at jokes's profile
Entries 55 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 10 entries are private (18.18% of total)
Views 28997
Replies i am good at jokes has made 257 comments [view stats]
Comments 195 comments (3.55 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 92 props given to i am good at jokes [who be proppin?]
Buddies 27 buddies
Relation You are not i am good at jokes's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 23, 2015 - 10:08 PM
Regarding Meet
I left things kind of hanging in the air when I left and was hardly able to vocalize anything that morning, because I was feeling extremely disappointed in myself and just could not find any words to describe it. I wish I could have done this in person, but the way I had behaved the days prior just made me feel it would be best if I allowed the proceedings to be on their way and take some time to face myself and reflect on what I had done. I was also not in top shape as can be imagined and I had a long road ahead. I’m really sorry to the people I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to, please don’t take it as me not wanting to see you before I left, because that is so very far from the truth.

To get to the heart of the matter, all I really want to say is this:

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry I let you guys down and caused damage to what was such an awesome event, where everyone had brought their very best after so much planning and anticipation. I can’t begin to say how reflecting back on it I see that I was so extremely obtuse and unmanageable by the end of my stay that I’m frankly surprised action was not taken sooner.

I also want to say thank you to the guys for being extremely considerate and showing a great deal of emotional maturity in the way they approached me to let me know that I couldn’t keep going the way I was. You handled yourselves with extreme restraint considering how far gone I was, especially after most of you had actually tried to get through to me in more subtle manners beforehand. Your actions helped to level me out in a way that made me understand how things could not keep going on the course they had been, without causing any undue psychological strain. Was I shocked and saddened? Yes, of course, but that was on me for having been like that. Again, thank you for having shown that amount of courage and respect, even when I was lacking in both.

Some folks have shared that there is some concern regarding my well being, and although it is of great comfort to hear, please don’t worry. I am incredibly fortunate to have a lot of people around me who have been trying to get me to change my outlook on things, and I just hadn’t been paying attention to them as was warranted. That stops now. After I got back from Maine and took the proper time to recover from the abuse I subjected myself to, I’ve been reaching out to and engaging with my family and friends, to try and get involved in things again outside of work. My attitude towards smoking has flipped around again, I know I need to work at quitting, and at the very least cut down substantially on the drinking. I also finally have my own place again now, in which I am feeling more and more comfortable already, and which is geographically much closer to work and friends.

If anyone felt slighted personally by my actions or my words during my stay at Meet then please, please, contact me in any way you see fit and let me know if there is any way I can make amends. I truly mean it. I should not have brought my own stress down on anyone else, and I wouldn't want anyone to feel as though they have been unjustly targeted by the results.

I hope that the rest of the week went swimmingly and that everyone got home safely, multilayer flight delays notwithstanding of course.

Finally, I just want to say that even after all this I don’t regret for one split second having gone to Meet, although I am none too proud of the ugliness I brought to it. Believe me when I say that that was not my intention in attending, even if in this case my original intentions matter very little as I didn't quite deliver on them. It was a true joy and an honor to get a chance to partake in breathing proximate air with each and every one of you. I say without the slightest reservation that you are an amazing group of people and I truly love you all very much.

Oh, and to anyone who has considered going to Meet at any point but decided against it for any reason, below is what I wrote in a moment of inspiration regarding it. I didn’t feel the need to run it through a spellchecker as sometimes a text’s small faults can make its charm. Also my caps lock key was wonky when I wrote it but I think the general gist of it is still very clear.

Spoiler:

What is Meet like?

Well for starters, the minute you walk in, a friend hands you A bbyg ale with a smile! And if you don’t like beer, that’s fine too, you can spend the week drinkinG regular soda, Mike’s Hard Lemonade, or whatever else you want, the Meethaus has it. No need to start a taB rent a room or order diner my friend!!! No no! Meethaus has you covered.

Now, don’t be alarmed by the two guys moving all about and pointing at things, Chris-crossing around things. They are just Christening them with new and fun names. Now, your experience may vary slightly, but the next thing I saw was a girl who drew And drew And drew the whole time I was there. She drew all of the things. She drew a man who was firing a marshmallow firing rePeter at a man just as he pullS a rahbit out of his shirtsleeve.

There is a real live computer Dev in-house, his ability is inNate and he spends his days Codyng Quests for real live video games. If you decide to go to the basement, you realize that eveRy landing has a friend waiting to share in the fun.

Have you ever felt like talking to a real live philosopher? like Adam Smith Or Bertrand Russell? Well, there are some really wise folks at Meethaus too. If you ever feel your energy Dwyndling, you can just spend all Day very chill by the pool, waxing philosophical. But if you get too chill and forgot to bring a coat, then someone will surely lend you a PauloVer for the evening.

The only part of Meet that is hard, is if you want to win at Punch. Then, you will need Luc as well as skill, because these folks now their vidya. You should watch E rikording of any match played there if you don't believe me.

Really the bottom line of Meethaus is this: it will Ben ja mind! it is better than meeting a real life raJa son! It is filled top to bottom with totAlly reMarkable folks, no jest.

But the realest of the real best part? Jay lives there too! (sorry to hear about your iPhone friend. )

Hope I didn’t miss anyone!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [16] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (17 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #44 of 45]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
i am good at jokes's Journal