Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
ComradeTande's Journal

ComradeTande's Journal Statistics
View ComradeTande's profile
Entries 57 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (1.75% of total)
Views 51120
Replies ComradeTande has made 426 comments [view stats]
Comments 172 comments (3.02 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 53 props given to ComradeTande [who be proppin?]
Buddies 16 buddies
Relation You are not ComradeTande's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Mar 23, 2009 - 02:17 PM
Will troubles
I am serious about telling everyone around me to make sure to get a will, at least when you turn thirty, and keep it updated continually: like every year or so. I have a good reason why to do this, of course.

My aunt died in early January (bringing upon an amount of doom this year so far that includes: My family's dog dying, my brother having a seizure, mom trying to kill herself...etc.) All within the first three months of this year). Sadly she not leave a will.

Technically I suppose.

My dad and one of my aunt's friends tore nearly tore her house apart looking for a SIGNED will. Because they found one that wasn't signed, updated with just a pencil every month or so, and stuck in her outgoing mail pile.

So we have to go through the state, etc, to get everything done, to get that will approved, but at the same time, the state won't let us even do HALF of what the will says.

So, this is what is happening:

Each of the kids from the York side of the family: Me, my 3 brothers, and my cousin; get to pick ONE thing from the house, and the rest goes on a HUGE garage sale whether we like it or not. They already had an appraiser look at everything.

Nobody gets to pick the house. That's going up for sale. Although it's sort of out of repair, so I don't think anyone would want to buy it.

I wanted the car, since it's REAL nice, like a 2003 or something Honda blahblah. My aunt never really drove it that much since she worked at home. I have been taking the bus for the past 6 months (rain or shine, snow or happiness!), and I'm starting to get real tired of it (although spring has come, so its not THAT bad anymore.). BUT...

My aunt's friend insists my little brother gets it. It'd be his first car.

He's fourteen.

I know this sounds horrible, but I know he'll end up trashing and crashing it. I've never been in a crash, the only reason I had to get rid of my Toyota Camry and Oldsmobile was because they broke down because they were old/cheap cars. I don't want to see that car ending up in the junk heap because he crashed it doing something retarded. It's a nice car, it was my aunt's car, and I don't want that.

Plus I haven't had a car for six months, I work fulltime, and I would end up going to college if I got a car like this! EDIT: as in the college I want to go to is in a town over that would require me to get a car. There are no buses going to this town either. It's a community college as well. Nothing fancy.

Anyway, after they sell all the stuff from the house, and the house, all five kids (including me!) get a share from it, plus a share of whatever money she had in her savings account/etc. I guess I could just buy a car with that, but I was planning on using that stuff for college...plus it won't come for another year or so most likely, and I don't want to go through another winter without a car. It SUCKED.

Anyway, its either the car or I get the dining table, which I wouldn't mind having, and even if I don't get it, I'll buy it in the garage sale, along with the ding-dong clock that she had in her living room.

It's just silly, we went through the trouble of making sure my grandfather didn't get everything (because he's crazy/etc) and we aren't able to get what we want. We go through the trouble to make sure the will that we found is followed, but the state says otherwise.

Silly. >>;;

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2 of 56]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
ComradeTande's Journal