Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
ComradeTande's Journal

ComradeTande's Journal Statistics
View ComradeTande's profile
Entries 57 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (1.75% of total)
Views 51099
Replies ComradeTande has made 426 comments [view last 20]
Comments 172 comments (3.02 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 53 props given to ComradeTande [who be proppin]
Buddies 16 buddies
Relation You are not ComradeTande's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal Entry [Viewing All Entries]
Dec 26, 2014 - 01:34 PM
My project this weekend...

stupid text based adventure game where I can reuse the JSON file for my point and click.

this is happening.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #56]

Jul 23, 2014 - 10:14 PM
probably doesn't mean much to you but
this is my view outside from my desk at work

I now am a javascript dev working at a company that does workflow management programs and what-not. really laid back, really fun, lots of good people. we're hiring

and today i just heard the retro store i used to manage went out of business.

oh boy.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #55]

Mar 18, 2014 - 06:55 PM
a little early to say this...
but the gentleman who interviewed/tested me Monday pretty much said at the end of it that 'we'll be sending you an offer in a few days, we really hope you will like it.'

AKA, pretty sure I got the job.

Also the test was pretty interesting, just sat me down infront of a computer and told me to create something with their incompany app that would grab an image from google maps and display it. They had a wiki for their incompany API stuff and I managed to figure out some stuff and the guy even said he was pretty impressed how much I did on my own (despite having to ask for a lot of help, haha).

And here I thought javascript was the -last- language I'd use on a job.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #54]

Mar 14, 2014 - 12:59 PM
tande does sprites
been trying to get sprites down to work on games with them, since i really like old style graphics and such. you can see my progression from oldest to newest:

As you can see, trying to get smaller and smaller in my details. Makes it quicker to do it, but harder to convey any sort of details but...yeah.
WORKIN' ON IT... :<

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #53]

Mar 14, 2014 - 02:36 AM
spag-hetti
so i recently had an interview for a javascript gig in town. pretty much aced it despite everyone there being just as awkward as I was (I'm not entirely sure, their interview process was really weird. They had one of their developers talk with me, and then I did some code for them, and then I talked with two more devs. No HR guy involved at all, at least from my knowledge). ANYWAY, I got an email about getting a second interview (yay!) with time slots to schedule me with. Responded with what timeslot was good for me and a thank you etc etc and haven't gotten a response back yet confirming the time.

Do I...do I email them again asking them if they got my email? That's so awkward to ask since I know gmail isn't going to just up and go derp, but I'm terrified that I'll show up Monday and they'll laugh in my face and tell me they didn't get my email so no second interview for me.

God, my social skills suck.

But in all seriousness, I think I really have this job in the bag considering how positive they were at the first interview and such. I just don't want to ruin what good I have going ;_;

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #52]

Feb 25, 2014 - 10:34 PM
This is how I plan video games

Haven't been here in a while, but hey hey hey.
I've been assisting in some games with some friends in a small dev group called Virtually Competent. We're all kind of pitching ideas back and forth of games and I've been dreaming about doing a point and click adventure type game with either giant robots or blood mages. Not entirely sure which to go with. Kind of a big project, but a girl can dream.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #51]

Sep 23, 2013 - 12:26 PM
Things i've done since the last time I logged...
  • bought a wii u
  • gotten into a car accident (small bump in the parking lot)
  • closed down the rp server i hosted and ran because everyone there was ungrateful shit bags
  • decided to work on a video game on my free time that doesn't exist (a nobunaga's ambition rip off except in a fantasy world where you play a villain-ish Mage)
  • sold most of my nintendo collection because cartridges are a hassle to keep around (feels bad son)
  • though didn't stop me from expanding my snes collection
  • still doing work
  • still doing school
  • getting fat

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #50]

Feb 5, 2013 - 04:10 PM
How I Fired My Boss (Also Known as Tande Ascends to Power +_+)
Well, let me start out with saying this:

The previous manager of the store I work at was batshit insane, sexist, and lazy as shit. He would regularly sit on his smart phone and watch wrestling for hours on end. He wouldn't get -shit- done, and then expected all his assistant managers to clean up after him. He hired -homeless- people (not saying I don't like to give people chances, but CHRIST, they've never heard of showers before, honestly). He regularly hired friends of his, too, who were practically useless.

And of course I didn't let this go on. I had reported the man -three- times to the district manager, complaining of his sexist remarks, how he threatened team members, and how lazy he was. Even when I had proof the district manager shrugged it off, wrote up the man, and everything was fixed for...about a week. After that, the man would go back to doing what he typically did. Being a lazy asshole.

Anyway, to be completely honest, this story isn't because of my actions, but another member of my staff, who I shall call T. T has barely any teeth, weighs about 200+ lbs, and is at least 6'4" and bald. He looks like he's 50. In reality, he's 29. Anyway, T was hired by the previous manager (let's just call him L) because he worked at Wal*Mart with him at one point and T sure knew how to brown nose.

I suppose T wasn't really entirely happy with how L was acting, and ended up talking with the district manager one night when I was acting assistant manager. Later, the district manager pulled me aside and simply asked me:

"So, what do you think about being a store manager?"

I kind of stumbled out that I didn't think I have enough time for it because of school, but I could probably do it. That was fine enough for the district manager, who said I'd be acting store manager the moment L was fired...though, the district manager mentioned he needed to drive off to the main store (a full state away) because of deliveries and all that jazz. Which meant I had to show up the next morning and fire L and proceed to work his shift and my previously schedule shift.

Woo.

Anyway, I go home a bit chattered since hell, I've never fired anyone in my life. S'just how it goes, I suppose.

The plan pretty much went like this: I would come into the store, ask to use the phone, call the district manager, and then hand the phone off to L. So I guess, technically I wasn't the one to fire him. And that's pretty much how it happened: I came in, asked for the phone, called the district manager, and went to go print off paperwork that L would have to sign because them's the breaks.

L took it pretty softly, honestly...I was expecting him to hit me. He pretty much ran out back, smoked a cigarette, and grabbed his coat. Signed the paper, and left without another word.

The teammembers and trainee present kind of stared at me like I was crazy and I shrugged it off. I had to explain to the friends he just hired that L was fired and I was the new acting manager. Funny story: not a single one managed to make it a month at the store after that.

I'm sorry that story was a lot less exciting than I made it out to be. But not everyone gets to do something like that in their life, right?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [14] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #49]

Jan 28, 2013 - 12:44 PM
What I do now
+School (fulltime)
+Work (30 hrs minimum whether i like it or not, but at least they're paying me near 13$/hr)

its the second week of the new semester and i'm already tired

but i do suppose its worth it since with my paycheck i'll actually be able to pay off some loans at the same time as going to school c:

also, i'll fill you all in on the juicy details of how I got to fire my boss and take his job later.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #48]

Sep 21, 2012 - 08:54 PM
holy crap nintendo points
here you go, tons of points I nabbed from work. holler in the comments what ones you use, or be a jerk and don't say it so several people try to redeem it but fail.

story with these is I work at a used game shop. I yoink these out of used games. Some of these might be used already, its hard telling, but honestly when they're left in the case it typically means they haven't been used. You can't redeem a game more than once. So yay POINTS!

EYB-MCBU-FZP6-M3T
3J2-3V89-SDKV-CK3
7SV-Q29T-2ATV-C8J
S95-8EKV-GSK6-J6X
EHS-J8BY-NWQX-5J3
DK4-ZC7W-JMGZ-STX
NM6-8W9U-XK2X-5T3
9QK-LV59-5GKN-BSX
R9B-E85W-PBKR-PJ5
N7H-DNBZ-VUBQ-MD7
9BE-4VKX-RKHL-S53
YRF-5V4Z-FD3C-6ZT
D5K-5T9U-8R6C-CY5
4N5-B3DR-6X3U-88G
4MY-P5CT-8A32-G6P
887-ZU4T-B5AJ-D7V
R9M-F5AV-XZWL-VNZ
SZJ-TWES-2GYT-GA7

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #47]

Feb 9, 2012 - 02:31 AM
Terribad day at work, prepared for more...
So, came into work with an email asking for a scan of a random credit card signature slip. Scanned it, sent it in. Turned out the credit card was stolen. Guy bought two ps3s, I was the cashier on the ticket.

I remember the guy, too, and he was pretty shifty looking. First of all, two ps3s, and he asked for "the cheapest two you have"...which is sort of odd if you're buying things with a stolen card...which made him less shifty? The main reason I remember him is because my coworker who was grabbing the systems dropped one of them and we had to test it real quick to make sure it worked.

But yes, that's 400 dollars of stuff that was technically stolen from the store under my watch.

I'm mostly worried because if they continue with their shitty way of management like they have in the past, they're going to charge me the 400$ right from my paycheck since the payment was obviously back charged. Obviously the store lost money because of my cruddy management, but to charge the whole amount is ridiculous. I can slightly understand charging me for cost of the systems (they were used). We'll just have to find out sooner or later :\

I just can't sleep over it since the district manager wouldn't tell me shit about it beyond asking me the rundown of checking the ID, what have you. He even asked if I had to manually enter the credit card #, and I was fairly sure I didn't have to, but apparently if - The name isn't on the credit card signature slip, it means it was. The whole transaction happened two weeks ago, so its sort of hazy on what exactly happened.

They said they're still investigating it, so I have no idea what's going to happen.

So yeah, fuck you credit card thieves.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #46]

Jan 26, 2012 - 12:38 AM
I don't post often, but when I do...
I post about boring shit.

It's been a while since I've even taken part of a conversation with anyone from GFF beyond Ness, and I never really did take part of any conversations to begin with. Always a lurker, I guess.

So I miss a bunch of shit, and now I feel bad, but its not like its just the internet and people actually matter or something.

Things that have been going on with me:
--------------------------------------
+ Received the money from my aunt's will, finally. It only took two years.
+ Used said money to start going back to school. I'm currently going back full time for web technologies, I will most likely get my associates and then transfer to a real university to get a four year degree in computer science. Currently in my third semester.
+ Quit my job at the co-op in an angry rage quit involving what I would like to call a sexist, terrible management staff. And it only wasted four years of my life to figure this out.
+ Got a job at a video game store (I wish I was kidding...). Protip: never work at a video game store. It's at least flexible enough for my school schedule, and they let me do homework on the clock if there's nothing else to do.
+ Got married in May. It was a small ceremony. We had a donut cake and lots of flowers. That's about it.
+ Selling most of my video games and will most likely be donating my 500+ manga/graphic novel collection to the nearby library.
+ Giving up on cosplay most likely (no time, no money, and no one likes a cosplayer older than 21).
+ Writing/drawing a graphic novel in my free time.
+ Brother had his first kid (my parents' first grandchild).

Lots of growing up in one year.

Wonder what 2012 will hold for me.

Currently Playing: Five Hundred Years - Achilles and the Tortoise

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #45]

Nov 1, 2011 - 07:08 PM
Holy Crap Video Games
So I work at a video game store nowadays. We buy in old systems and games, so we get a lot of buy-ins. A lot of old stuff, a lot of new stuff, a lot of everything.
So, sometimes people come in and sell a lot of shit. Sometimes I offer customers a better price of what the store will give them (I know, bad ethics, but the only rule against it is we can't buy it "in the store". So at most, I have to be like "meet me infront of the store, here's your cash, kthxbye". Like I got the Earthbound strategy guide for 20 bucks near mint (only a few dings on it) the other day. Or some people have gotten really awesome systems for cheap.)

Anyway, a gentleman came in one day with four totes of NES/SNES/Genesis games, what have you. He didn't want to wait for us to get it into the system (it would have least took an hour), so the guy offered to sell it to me personally for a hundred dollars. Fuck yeah I jumped on that.

Anyway, I've picked out what I've wanted for realsies from the collection (Some gems being starfox, every fucking battletoads game, final fantasy 3, chrono trigger, ETC). I have a lot of games I'm on the fence about. Some I'll keep, some I'll sell. I figured I'd let you guys pick through it if you wanted to buy some. Some of these I'm really on the fence about (namely the megamen/dragon warrior full collection specifically), so unless I get a pretty good deal I'll probably keep those. The rest I am not afraid of selling.

Here's the list. Holler at me if you're interested.

*With Instructions

SNES
-------------------
Home Alone
Home Alone
Madden 95
Realm
Boxing Legends of the Ring
Joe & Mac
Super Game Boy Player
NBA Hang time
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
Gradius III
Combat Basketball
Monopoly
Final Fight III
Killer Instinct
Micro Machines (Unopened, Mint)
Super Soccer Champ (In box)*
William's Arcades Greatest Hits
NCAA Final Four Basketball
Vegas Strikes

NES
-------------------
Kirby's Adventure *
Adventure Island II
Defender of the Crown
Startropics *
Zoda's Revenge Star Tropics II
4 QUATTRO ARCADE *
Willow
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Gaiden III
Duck Hunt
Mad Max *
Batman
Platoon
Commando
Spy Hunter
RBI Baseball
Solomon's Key
Back to the Future
A Boy and his Blob Trouble in Blobolonia
Snake's Revenge
Prince of Persia
Silent Service
Dragon Warrior (orange label)
Dragon Warrior (yellow label) *
Dragon Warrior II
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior IV
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Mega Man III *
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V
Mega Man VI
Double Dragon
Double Dragon II
Double Dragon III
King's Knight
Castlevania
Castlevania II
Castlevania III *
Wizardry *
Wizardry II
Ultima Exodus
Ultima Quest of the Avatar *
Nobunaga's Ambition
Top Gun
Time Lord
Skate or Die
Legacy of the Wizard
The Hunt for Red October *
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Solstice
Conquest of the Crystal Palace
Cabal
Faxandu
Jackal
Battleship
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt *
Bart vs the World
Street Fighter 2010
Wrath of the Black Manta
Kid Niki Radical Ninja
The Karate Kid
Superspike V'Ball
Tiny Toon Adventures
Tiger Heli
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves *
Vindicators
Gauntlet *
Klax *
Pirates!
Venice Beach Volleyball
Shingen the Ruler
Wheel of Fortune
Pinbot
Thunder & Lightning
Vegas Dream
Bases Loaded 4
Gotcha!
Xenophobe
Pinball
Urban Championship
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Track Meet
Chip'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Metroid
Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf
Al Unser Jr. Turbo Racing
Ghost'n'Goblins
Super Mario Bros
High Speed
Tennis
Top Player's Tennis
Tetris
Battle Chess
Jack Nichalus Golf
Legends of the Diamond
Championship Bowling
Mission: Impossible *
Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball*
Magic Darts
All Pro Basketball *
Tecmo NBA Basketball
Top Gun
Pac-Man (gray official Nintendo copy)
Crash'n'the boys Street Challenge
High Speed
Wizards & Warriors
Wizard & Warriors II Ironsword
Commando
RC Pro-AM
Gyromite
Super C
Kung-fu
P.O.W.
Rally Bike
Hogan's Alley
T&C Surf Designs
Tiger Heli
Trojan
Batman Return of the Joker
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Bad Dudes
Kung Fu
TMNT
TMNT II
The Legend of Kage
Flying Dragon
Schedherazade
Guardian Legend
Phantom Fighter
MIRACLE (Piano Player)
Solar Jetman *
Nes Open
The Black Bass
Dragon Power
Target Renegade*
Archon
Jack Chan's ACtion Kung Fu
Karate CHamp
Shatterhand*
Wrestlemania*
Ikari Warrios II
Mighty Final Fight
Rygar*
Robowarrior
WWF Wrestle Mania Steel Cage Challenge
Hoops
Fire'n'Ice*
Jaws
Kung Fu
The Untouchables
Dungeon Magic
Baseball
Ring King
Conan*
GOdzilla*
Totally Rad
Rambo
F-15 Strike Eagle*
TMNT II
Stealth
Rescue
Rampart*
TMNT III
Joe & Mac*
Muppet Adventure
Deadly Towers
MUSCLE
Golgo 13
The Goonies II
The Addams Family
Baseball Simulator 1,000
Cyber Stadium Series Base Wars*
Macmax
Metal Mech
Werewolf
Heroes of the Lance
Home Alone
Tetris
Blaster master
Kung-fu Heroes
Dodge Ball
Trojan
Section Z
Top Gun
Bandai Golf: Challenge Pebble Beach
Tecmo World Wrestling
Golf
Indiana Jones (With Box)*
The Immortal (With Box)*
RBI Baseball (With Box)*
Robocop (With Box)*
Blades of Steal (With Box)*
Iron Tank (With Box)*
Spy Vs Spy (With Box)*
Duck Hunt (With Box)*
Jeopardy (With Box)*
Battletoads (With Box)*
River City Ransom (With Box)
Defenders of Dynatron City (With Box)*
Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf (With Box)*
Silent Service (With Box)*
Wizards & Warriors II (With Box)*

Genesis
-----------
Road Rash II
Primal Rage
Mortal Kombat
Sonic 3d Blast
The Little Mermaid
Super Smash TV
THe Lion King (With Box)
Formula One (With Box)*
Mickey Mania

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #44]

Jun 12, 2011 - 10:53 AM
Color this, its my birfday.

Print this out and color it while inebriated! Or give it to your child to color!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #43]

Apr 19, 2011 - 04:10 AM
this is my cat

I wish I could photoshop a beer in his paw.
A kitty beer.

Cuuuute.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #42]

Dec 28, 2010 - 11:44 PM
No Star | The Velvet Teen
Have four dollars sitting around that you want to go to a good place?
Check out this EP by my favorite band that totally deserves that four dollars.

http://thevelvetteen.bandcamp.com/releases/

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #41]

Nov 21, 2010 - 11:21 PM
Dear Vaporizer
Best 40 dollars spent in my life.

Sincerely,

Tande

So one of my coworkers was pulled over and ended up getting an DWI, since he was outrageously stoned. And due to his bumbling mishap, had to get rid of all things related to pot. His loss was my gain, for fourty bucks he sold me a wicked vaporizer that he just spent 200 dollars on.

The worst part of it was the story he told me about him having to smash his bong. =[

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #40]

Nov 20, 2010 - 01:30 AM
I need to go back to school
instead of wasting time putting in custom items in an RO server

At least I'm getting practice scripting with the quests and stuff, even if the eAthena language is easy like sunday morning.

also, hi. i sort of missed you.
<3

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #39]

Jun 10, 2010 - 11:32 PM
turning 21 saturday
hey, gf, remember when i was 16 and had the username: tande_sephiroth?

and now i'm nearly 21 and doing better things.

(21 rootbeer schnapps shots. YES.)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #38]

Apr 30, 2010 - 05:24 PM
The Winter of Mixed Drinks - Frightened Rabbit (2010)

"Ditching the “live” method of recording that hallmarked Frightened
Rabbit’s 2008’s sophomore release Midnight Organ Fight, 2010’s The
Winter of Mixed Drinks is described by vocalist/guitarist Scott
Hutchison as “a real studio effort. Everything has been separately
recorded and that’s the way I like to make records.” Mixed Drinks
follows a fictional protagonist, possibly male, through the highs and
lows of a breakdown. Kick-off single “Swim Until you See Land” finds
the Scottish lads toying with a more polished production as the song
swells into a chant-along “are you a man or are you a bag of sand?”"

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5386..._Edition%29-20

Give it a good listening to several times over, its beautiful. Will put up a review sooner or later.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #37]

Apr 28, 2010 - 11:40 PM
coffee clutches
Only in a first world country would people complain about not having a wasteful piece of paper to put around their coffee cups because its "too hot"...at a food co-op.

Also, fuck you and your half-caf half soy half skinny grande latte. Get a smaller cup and pick a fucking milk, faggot.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (20 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #36]

Mar 31, 2010 - 02:21 PM
Hey fuckface
Don't look at me like I'm retarded when you order a cappuccino and you receive what you have ordered - one third esspresso, one third milk, one third milk-foam.
Quit getting "coffee" at a gas station for Christ's sake.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #35]

Jan 6, 2010 - 06:15 PM
How do you...
delete an account on gamingforce?

aka delete this account.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Dec 29, 2009 - 03:19 AM
this is not caramelldansen
it is something so much better.
YouTube Video

YouTube Video
really want the 2nd dancers (masemune and pirate...dude...harhar) as a gif for a signature...that'd be outrageously adorable

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Dec 2, 2009 - 02:40 PM
Christmas Gifts!
What I bought for my fiancee:
Shin Megami Tensei If... (snes) complete with box and book.
Devil Summoner (genesis) complete with book
Jack Frost Fan CD

All together only cost me 30 or so dollars!

Ain't I the best fiance ever?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Oct 10, 2009 - 04:54 PM
Cosplay Progress!
Aye, more cosplay.

I am cosplaying the main female character of P3P for youmacon. Here's what I got so far:
Spoiler:

New badge because the one that came with the uniform kinda sucks.

SWEETASS HEADPHONES. PERFECT!!! The input cord is hidden in one of the ear pieces, you just...

Pull it out, like so. When you want to hide it, you just put it back in the hole in the earphone and press a button and the wire is wrangled back in. Sweet.

the mp3 player, nothing special, just something that'll play stuff and play it loudly and kinda (kinda) looks like hers. I picked a red one over a black one because her theme seems to be...red. I DID find the exact sony model that was originally used, but alas, it was like...140 dollars and they aren't making it anymore. Lame :\

The gun holster.

And my skirt. Yay.

Missing:
Shoes/Socks

Missing in the pictures but I have:
Red Bow
SEES armband

Finally decided what I will be doing for ACEN next year. Crossplaying Baofu from persona 2 (yay for green suit), Tyler is cosplaying Katsuya. On the side I will be crossplaying Roy Mustang too (yes. I know. I just want an excuse to wear the FMA military uniform). And by Roy Mustang, I mean him at the end of the first series, with the eyepatch and hat... (for god's sake I couldn't find a picture of that to save my life)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Oct 6, 2009 - 02:28 AM
Back into otakuness.
Getting back into my anime craze, just finished watching Sword Of The Stranger, which I must say: it was a good movie. The art direction (beaaaautiful backgrounds) and story was really well done.

Anyway, needless to say that has started me on a samurai anime fandom, and I've started downloading quite a few different ones. Any I should particularly pick out and watch? (The ones I have going right now: Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto, Blade of the Immortal, Otogi Zoshi...yeah.)
I'm also interested in chinese history/myth animu too...so I started downloading Twelve Kingdoms.

When I was browsing the site I got those torrents from, I found that there happens to be a DMC live action movie...which I didn't know about. Started getting that too. Yay.

This sudden obsession is probably good since I will be going to an anime convention soon (along with Ness and Lukage! ohhoho). And speaking of that, my cosplay is all done, I just received the badge for the school outfit today. I'll post images soon.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Sep 13, 2009 - 12:52 PM
ohhohohoho

EDIT: forgot to mention, but at work in the office the computers still have mouses with balls in them.

What is this, 1999?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Sep 4, 2009 - 12:29 PM
Youmacon
Anyone else going besides the crew that is with me?

I'll be going as
Spoiler:

all weekend I think. (except for the RO shoot) Going to get to wear it on the day it comes out in moonland~
/OtakuNerdScum

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Jul 26, 2009 - 01:51 PM
I just...
had bacon beer chowder for lunch.

that is all

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Jul 13, 2009 - 12:58 PM
dead people. etc.
alright.

So, the situation with my aunt's estate is a weird one. Here's a quick explanation:
She died in january. No SIGNED will, but had one written up. We had to go through the state to get that one seen as the real will...but at the same time the state was a dick and forced us to sell all her stuff. The money that is made off of this pretty much glorified garage sale goes into trust funds for five people: me, my 3 brothers and my cousins.
And apparently we aren't allowed to touch that money until we are 35 because thats the way she wanted it.

w\What makes me angry is we weren't allowed to pick out what we wanted from her belongings until the garage sale started. And we had to pay for them. Minus a few things, everything was pretty much for sale. Thankfully, her jewerly collection (with a lot of things that have been passed down through my family) was saved from the sale and I ended up with it.
But still, things like my great great grandmothers china collection, the cabinet that it was in that my grandmother had, A LOT of other things, were up in the auction. We ended up buying the china, a few other things, but some of the price ranges were...yeah.

I went to the garage sale, and all in all...it was sort of depressing. Watching people look over her stuff, complete strangers, people buying my family's things...it just made me feel really bad and gross. But I guess they are just things.

Anyway, since I was given her jewerly i've been wearing a piece of it every day. I really love it. Although I'm saddened to see some of the earrings are missing their partners or backs. It's also silly to see all the 80s jewerly she owned.

In other news, I move in half a month. Moving in with a coworker and...miniface/ness. Yeah. Gonna be fun!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Jul 7, 2009 - 11:47 AM
Free Bacon Week
With every sandwhich you order, you get a free slice of bacon.

http://www.newpi.com/Portals/0/pub/6-12.pdf

^ not kidding.

(that's where I work)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Jul 1, 2009 - 12:20 PM
my spear, your head, let's make it happen
YOU'LL FEEL MY SPEAR TWISTING IN YOUR SPLEEN.

I've hit a whole new level of obsession. I've always been a fan of dynasty warrior games (clones included), but devil kings/sengoku basara is just...
Very fun.
Wish it had two player though.

Episode 11 come out subbed already goddamnitttt

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Jun 26, 2009 - 01:18 PM
Shit for sale ;D
So i'm hard for cash and I'm about to sell some games. I figured I'd give you guys the first chance to buy them before they go off to the video game store.
Now you gotta catch me before monday, either through pm or posting here.

Here's a list:
Animal Crossing - City Folk
Harvest Moon - Tree of Tranquility

Xbox:
Bioshock
Last Remnant
Lips (with two microphones)

Ps3:
Mirror's Edge

Ps1: (actually not going to sell these to the video game store, but offering them here)
Thousand Arms
Tales of Destiny II
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Hoshigami

Ps2: (Same as my ps1 games)
Grimgrimoire
Disgaea 2 (with strategy guide!)
Makai Kingdom (missing the booklet...for some reason ._.)

So just hit me up with an offer and we can talk business. I'll be gone for most of the weekend, but I'll try to check up on things.
There's also a bunch of other games I may or may not be willing to sell if need be (think... ICO...other rarities)
Got to remember shipping will be like 6 bucks or so. Give or take.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #23]

Jun 15, 2009 - 11:50 PM
Nerd progress 007: Buttcape, scarf
Spoiler:

To do:
Add white trim on the cape. It goes on the top and i'll probably add some on the edges a bit as well to take the eye away from what i fucked up on it.
Make the edges of the scarf a bit...not so uneven. Its sorta suppose to look a bit unraveled and such, but I want it to make it look a bit cleaner.
Add white trim on the swim suit.
Cover armor in caulk, sand down, repaint. The current way it is is way too flimsy, and you can see the raised parts of the wonderflex. It's pissin me off. Might as well redo it.
iron the fuck out of it I should of had one handy today, but I didn't and this was my only day off in a while to get things done. So I just...went ahead and worked on it.

In the words of Tyler, "It looks like you bought it off of ebay."
Sadly, I spent quite an amount of time and money into this costume. So far, probably about 30 hours and at least 150 (AMERICAN!) dollars. It's actually my first own handmade costume, and I plan on entering it into the beginners costume contest at Anime Iowa...hoping for good marks!

Only two months to go!

For an easier costume, I'm helping Tyler get one together and another one for myself as well. He's going as a Hunter from L4D, I'm planning on getting together a witch. I'm making her claws out of the left over wonderflex I have, changing her bottom half so its not jesuschristunderwear. All the other parts are easy, just need a white wig, dye the ends with colouring and get some fake blood.
As for Tylers, its just ducktape and regular clothes. We plan on getting charcoal for the face and hands, as well as use fake blood for the face.

Yupperoo.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #22]

Jun 11, 2009 - 11:23 PM
Happy birthday me
Response to: Rage entry by Lukage

thanks chz

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

Jun 7, 2009 - 02:02 PM
Nerd progress 006: Shiney. Fuck yeah.
Spoiler:

also, messy desk is messy.

Things waiting to get painted:

Early birthday card from Tyler. Good to know he still cares as a friend! He also gave me some laundry detergent...uh...dunno what that means. In reality, he got a bunch for free from the co-op because a bunch of the lids broke. yay.
Well, let's open that card up...what's inside...

Spoiler:

holy fucking shit.
Sure, you guys don't get it because you don't know who that guy is, but in reality, that man is my boss about ten or so years ago when the co-op released a calender.
Not kidding.
This is where i wish i had a scanner too, so I could scan it and get a better picture to show off.

my birthday is the 12th for anyone who cares

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Jun 6, 2009 - 02:12 PM
Nerd progress 005: Shoulders...finished? Plus extra supplies!
Alright....here we go again. For the shoulders being made while I was slightly high/drunk they came out alright.

Spoiler:

But I made them too big
To counter that, I'm gonna cut a slit and then bend them to make a neckline. That way they won't move around as much and will be easier to fit! Huzzah.

Oh....and the scarf

The fabric in the back is what I'll be using for the scarf, I decided. The other is too dull. Perhaps I can find a use for it...somewhere. Dunno. They were both on sale and decided, eh, let's try both, red fabric can be used elsewhere, right?
I need to get working on the buttcape soon...but first, I'll get to gesso-ing what armor is completely finished and paint over that! Huzzah.
I got to figure out what I'm doing for the knees though. I can't just put them on AFTER painting, the paint will crack from the heating and expanding of the wonderflex.
Argh.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #19]

Jun 5, 2009 - 02:07 AM
Nerd progress 004: Arm...armor finished! Now onto shoulder....
indeed, arm armor was fun to make.
Spoiler:

beginning of shoulders:
Spoiler:

shoulders are going to be like the arm guys, cut apart and then glued back together with small space between them. I think I'm going to put a whole sheet of wonderflex underneath them though and just get that shaped like my shoulder THEN put on the jigsaw like pieces...yeah! Huzzah for a real plan this time!

Edit: wow, shitty pictures are shitty. I apologize for them, taken while inebriated. Huzzah for working on cosplay while high!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #18]

May 31, 2009 - 08:33 PM
Nerd progress 003: feet! and part of arm thingy!

also.....baked.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #17]

May 29, 2009 - 12:04 PM
Nerd progress 002: Shinny shin shin guard
It starts to look like something! Hurrah!

Alas, messy.

Starting to think of how I'm going to cover it. Gesso is cheaper and you can sand it down. Friendly plastic is...FRIENDLY, looks nicer, and won't chip. Just expensive as fuck.
Also thinking about...
Spoiler:

Her shoes are completely covered in armor. And have KNIVES in the back.
Not sure if I should attempt the knives and I'm 100% I could not get away with covering the boots with armor. Obviously I'm not going very far for being exact (the armor so far doesn't look very much like this, does it?). I think what i'm gonna do is forget the knives unless I have extra wonderflex and time. Another worry about the knives is the making sure they stay up, but what I would do would make them hallow with two pieces of plastic that bring together with a sanded down tip. Another worry is the zipper in the boots, which would make it IMPOSSIBLE! Oy vey!
That's what I like about RO cosplay, its pretty...lienent.

Other worries include the buttcape and the scarf, although the scarf will be easy parcheesey to make, but the buttcape...I suck at sewing. Very.
;-;

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #16]

May 28, 2009 - 12:10 PM
Nerd progress 001: knee guard

Ooo knee. Only one, different picture, its hard to tell how its going because well...I haven't painted it yet and its hard to see something that's 3d without...yea know, seeing it.
Anyway, yus.

If anyone can guess what I'm going to be cosplaying as for AI with THAT, then you win a prize.
Those I've told, no prize for you and no ruining it!

Also, need to talk to someone about sewing. I got all the materials needed, its just...I need to make a buttcape. Or well, people call it a duster? I'm not sure what to call it...but I'll call it my buttcape. I'm not sure where to start with making my buttcape.

My grandma was so excited that I'm into sewing, but if I told her I was doing it to dress up at an anime convention she'd die...I think. I dunno. Which is why I'm hesitant to ask her.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #15]

May 25, 2009 - 11:05 PM
The Mighty Sexual Adventures of Captain Ness, Commander Melo, and PFC Tande
Response to: We're pretty blasphemous by The_Melomane

Feet

A ho on a ho! SILLY!

This made me think of Inferal. Because of the cartoon guy. Idk, something that Infernal would enjoy.

Place is beautiful, need to get my tower up so I can start on an art project involving a lot of pictures.
anyway, here's photobucket album with todays' pics (one album back is yesterday's too)

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...ng/May%2025th/

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #14]

May 20, 2009 - 12:02 PM
HARHARJOKES. SILLY.
What's the difference between jam and jelly?

I can't jelly my dick up your ass.

(But I can use petroleum jelly to j-j-j-jam it in)

What's the difference between jam, jelly, and marmalade?

A yeast infection.

Jon totally thought of the last one, doesn't make sense, but it makes me laugh anyway.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #13]

May 15, 2009 - 11:31 AM
Why aren't you listening to this?!
http://www.timfite.com/

Tim Fite (posted one of his albums earlier) posted a free download of his newest album, Change of Heart

Infact, if you hop over to his song lists ( http://www.timfite.com/songs.html ) there's two more albums...for free >w<!

Over the Counterculture is his sort of rap album, and the 2 minute song one is...okay. But both are offered...free!

Soooo you should check that out.

In other news, I'm the happiest I've ever been...ever.

Currently Playing: Getting By ~ Tim Fite

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #12]

May 10, 2009 - 09:21 PM
ACEN 2009

Written on the stairwell to the hotel i was staying at. The next stairs up apparently had "Ash was here, Gary is a douche" written on the wall. Sadly I didn't get a picture of that.

Click for more X-TREME RO cosplay, lunatics, and...that is all.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #11]

Apr 29, 2009 - 03:37 PM
ITE: Cats.
Spoiler:

Cthulu tries to gain the attention of my cats:
Spoiler:

I'm afraid it didn't work :C

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #10]

Apr 27, 2009 - 11:35 AM
Tande shares music o/ Tim Fite - Fair Ain't Fair
Quote:
Fite was born and raised in rural New Jersey, where he developed a certain fascination with guns and social value systems that can be found in his music, art and the illustrated stories he also creates.

Fite is known for using samples from long-forgotten records to amplify his mixed-genre approach to music. On his Anti Records debut Gone Ain't Gone he set the self-imposed limit of using only samples from records bought for less than a dollar.

During the early 2000s, Fite was one half of hip hop duo Little-T and One Track Mike,[4] who are mostly remembered for their only hit "Shaniqua", which was popular on music channels such as MTV. After that group went on an indefinite hiatus, Fite signed to the ANTI- Records label and started releasing solo albums.

Fite's unique approach and principled attitude has made him a bit of a critical favorite.[citation needed] In 2006, he released a full-length, web-only, free hip hop record, Over the Counter Culture, which was a critique of modern culture of consumerism and greed. Critics from the Los Angeles Times to the Chicago Tribune to the Chicago Sun Times placed it in their top 10 for 2007, yet in deference to the subject matter, Fite decided not to release it commercially.

Fite's latest album Fair Ain't Fair was released May 6, 2008. He is currently on tour with Philadelphia's Man Man.

He often collaborates with Ryan Foregger for his music videos.
Saw this guy with Man Man and he put on a GREAT show, it was only him and one other guy on stage for their act. He had a projection of himself playing all the instruments and he sang the top lyrics. Wore a full out business suit, and I got to high five him after the show. Quite awesome.
Anyway, every album of his is a bit different genre I would say, but still has that folkish vibe to it. Yup. Enjoy!

Full Album .Rar
01. Roots Of A Tree
02. Trouble
03. The Barber
04. Big Mistake
05. Inside Man
06. Rats And Rags
07. Yesterday's Garden
08. Thought I Was A Gun
09. The Names Of All The Animals
10. Motorcade
11. More Clothes
12. Harriet Tubman
13. My Hands
14. Heaven Is War
15. Sing Along
16. Line By Line

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9]

Apr 26, 2009 - 07:58 AM
ACEN costume
Spoiler:

Horrible at sewing, so commissioned it. Last one I will be buying since Tyler bought me a sewing machine and I will be attempting to make my own from now on!
I totally need to get starter tips or something on sewing.

Anyway, anyone else going to ACEN?

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Apr 21, 2009 - 11:01 AM
Tande shares music o/ Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight
Quote:
Frightened Rabbit are a Scottish indie rock band from Selkirk, Scotland, consisting of Scott Hutchison (vocals, guitar), Grant Hutchison (drums, vocals), Billy Kennedy (guitar, keyboards, bass) and Andy Monaghan (keyboards, guitar, bass). The band has so far released two studio albums, with their second, The Midnight Organ Fight, receiving widespread critical acclaim.

Concerning the band's line-up, Scott Hutchison notes that:
Quote:
the initial line-up in Frightened Rabbit was just myself. I had really only been messing with my 4 track for about 6 months before I started playing some shows on my own. Some of the songs still didn't have words and I was mostly just mumbling nonsense half the time. Grant joined a year later, making the outfit much noisier. Billy came along about 6 months after this and actually made it a bit less noisy. He's very calming like that is Billy. Andy has been in the band since January, and adds all the extra details we were missing before. Still not sure if we're finished gathering members.
Quote:
The Midnight Organ Fight is the second studio album by Scottish indie rock band Frightened Rabbit, released April 15, 2008, on Fat Cat Records to widespread critical acclaim. Vocalist/guitarist Scott Hutchison describes the album as being "quite relationshipy" and "a lot more intense" than its predecessor Sing the Greys. Following the album's completion, it took around a month for Hutchison to be able to listen to it.

The album's title comes from a line in the song "Fast Blood", and is said to be a "euphemism for sex."
Posting this because currently its one of my favorite albums. I would have posted The Greys (their first album), but the copy I have on my computer is low quality/quiet.

Anyway, they have a few music videos that are pretty keen. Especially them playing in like, a kindergartners class with the kids dancing all around and stuff. Or the handdrawn one. Should at least check out The Modern Leper (my favorite song) if you don't download the whole album.

Anyway enjoy!

PS: Off topic, but anyone know how to set up a paintchat on a webhost? I can't seem to figure it out :C

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Apr 12, 2009 - 02:27 AM
Sengoku BASARA and why its awesome
Spoiler:

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Apr 7, 2009 - 11:15 AM
Tande shares music o/ The Velvet Teen: Secrets Safe, A Buried Box
Cake
Quote:
The Velvet Teen was founded by Judah Nagler and Logan Whitehurst as a side project from their other bands, Tin Circus and Little Tin Frog. Judah and Logan recorded the EP Comasynthesis, which had a more prominent electronic sound, in 2000. It featured Judah doing most instrumentation and singing alone; but Logan provided live drums for some tracks and sang the song "Penning the Penultimate" himself. In 2001, they were joined by bassist/vocalist Joshua Staples and recorded another EP, The Great Beast February, which had more of an alternative sound.

That year, they caught the eye of Slowdance Records owner, Ezra Caraeff, and were signed to the label. In 2002, they collaborated with Death Cab for Cutie's guitarist, Chris Walla, on their first full-length album Out of the Fierce Parade. Logan Whitehurst, who was also an accomplished artist, created the etchings used as the album's artwork. Two music videos from the album ("Radiapathy" and "The Prize Fighter") were featured on Subterranean, an MTV2 program.

Their second full-length album, Elysium, was recorded on a laptop by Judah and his brother Ephriam, and mixed at Kingsize Soundlabs in Los Angeles by Dave Trumfio and Mike Krassner. In stark contrast to their earlier work, the album does not feature any guitars at all. The album's core instrumentation is piano and string arrangements. The string and horn ensembles were arranged by Adam Theis.

Several weeks before Elysium's U.S. release in the summer of 2004, Logan Whitehurst left the band, both for health reasons (in May 2004, it was discovered that ailments he was suffering were due to a cancerous brain tumor), and to follow a solo project, Logan Whitehurst & The Junior Science Club. Casey Deitz of The Americas, from Chico, California, was welcomed as the new drummer/vocalist.

In 2006, the band recorded and released their third album, Cum Laude!, with Judah as producer and his brother Ephriam Nagler as recording engineer. Cum Laude! had an odd, progressive sound that was faster and livelier than any of their previous work. They supported the album on Minus the Bear's 2006 tour.

In November 2006, Josh Staples left The Velvet Teen in order to fully focus on his other band, The New Trust. Then, on December 3, 2006, after his cancer had been declared in remission, Logan Whitehurst died at his home in Los Banos, California.

On February 28, 2007, Judah posted a message on The Velvet Teen's official website confirming that the band would continue. They started touring again in the fall. Nagler took over the bass/vocal duties, and Matthew Izen of the Polar Bears and formerly of The New Trust played guitar. On July 22, 2008, it was announced on the band's website that they are currently recording.

As of February 2009, Josh Staples has rejoined The Velvet Teen.

Posting their hard-to-find album, Secrets safe, a Buried Box. I say its hard to find because it was only released in Japan and isn't sold outside of it. Expensive, japanese amazon is a bitch to figure out...the like. That saying, this is the only Velvet Teen album I don't own. (I own all the CDs, a few of their records including their EPs) I really like this band and I hope you do too!
Posting this album because I think it has a good mixture of their different styles.

Whole Album .rar

Stay With Me
Weddings and Wakes
Heaven
No One Will Ever Love You
Seven Eight
Crocodile
Base Harmonic
Super Me
Milo 7
Go!

Also, adding this in for those curious, its Logan Whitehurst's music archive.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Mar 29, 2009 - 07:45 PM
ITE: Enjoying bad fanfiction.
Part One
Part Two
Part Three

Response entries:
Part TWO EVEN by ^-^

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Mar 29, 2009 - 12:50 PM
So far this year...
* Aunt died in early January
* Childhood dog, Gracie, was put down because she had a massive tumor on her stomach for the past like...two years and it finally burst.
* Mom tried to kill herself, was in the hospital for 2 weeks
* Brother had a seizure (at work, nonetheless)
* Mom lost her job, sits at home, does nothing but crying and emailing people on how she wants to die.
* Family is trying to commit my mom to the mental hospital. Apparently, all it takes is two signatures!

On a lighter note, at least the sun is out today. Snowed yesterday (its fucking spring, isn't it?) I think I'm gonna go shower and take pictures of ducks at the pond.

I like taking pictures of ducks. Yes.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Mar 23, 2009 - 02:17 PM
Will troubles
I am serious about telling everyone around me to make sure to get a will, at least when you turn thirty, and keep it updated continually: like every year or so. I have a good reason why to do this, of course.

My aunt died in early January (bringing upon an amount of doom this year so far that includes: My family's dog dying, my brother having a seizure, mom trying to kill herself...etc.) All within the first three months of this year). Sadly she not leave a will.

Technically I suppose.

My dad and one of my aunt's friends tore nearly tore her house apart looking for a SIGNED will. Because they found one that wasn't signed, updated with just a pencil every month or so, and stuck in her outgoing mail pile.

So we have to go through the state, etc, to get everything done, to get that will approved, but at the same time, the state won't let us even do HALF of what the will says.

So, this is what is happening:

Each of the kids from the York side of the family: Me, my 3 brothers, and my cousin; get to pick ONE thing from the house, and the rest goes on a HUGE garage sale whether we like it or not. They already had an appraiser look at everything.

Nobody gets to pick the house. That's going up for sale. Although it's sort of out of repair, so I don't think anyone would want to buy it.

I wanted the car, since it's REAL nice, like a 2003 or something Honda blahblah. My aunt never really drove it that much since she worked at home. I have been taking the bus for the past 6 months (rain or shine, snow or happiness!), and I'm starting to get real tired of it (although spring has come, so its not THAT bad anymore.). BUT...

My aunt's friend insists my little brother gets it. It'd be his first car.

He's fourteen.

I know this sounds horrible, but I know he'll end up trashing and crashing it. I've never been in a crash, the only reason I had to get rid of my Toyota Camry and Oldsmobile was because they broke down because they were old/cheap cars. I don't want to see that car ending up in the junk heap because he crashed it doing something retarded. It's a nice car, it was my aunt's car, and I don't want that.

Plus I haven't had a car for six months, I work fulltime, and I would end up going to college if I got a car like this! EDIT: as in the college I want to go to is in a town over that would require me to get a car. There are no buses going to this town either. It's a community college as well. Nothing fancy.

Anyway, after they sell all the stuff from the house, and the house, all five kids (including me!) get a share from it, plus a share of whatever money she had in her savings account/etc. I guess I could just buy a car with that, but I was planning on using that stuff for college...plus it won't come for another year or so most likely, and I don't want to go through another winter without a car. It SUCKED.

Anyway, its either the car or I get the dining table, which I wouldn't mind having, and even if I don't get it, I'll buy it in the garage sale, along with the ding-dong clock that she had in her living room.

It's just silly, we went through the trouble of making sure my grandfather didn't get everything (because he's crazy/etc) and we aren't able to get what we want. We go through the trouble to make sure the will that we found is followed, but the state says otherwise.

Silly. >>;;

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Mar 21, 2009 - 10:55 PM
there is no such thing as physics only...
wheelshark

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
ComradeTande's Journal