Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
i am good at jokes's Journal

Journal Banner

i am good at jokes's Journal Statistics
View i am good at jokes's profile
Entries 55 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 10 entries are private (18.18% of total)
Views 29035
Replies i am good at jokes has made 257 comments [view stats]
Comments 195 comments (3.55 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 92 props given to i am good at jokes [who be proppin?]
Buddies 27 buddies
Relation You are not i am good at jokes's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jul 8, 2012 - 10:13 PM
I may be a rock
Or maybe an ISLAND

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

May 24, 2012 - 01:52 AM
What a day, what a night
So today was a pretty busy day for me, and what started as a great day ended up being a pretty suck-ass affair.

The day started with me going to the shop of the company I work for, and getting an impromptu shift for tonight. An easy gig on top of it, which lasted an hour and a half but pays me four, since that's the minimum for a call.

Then, I went around to the University to get my student loan (which got here about a month late due to bureaucratic error ) and dropped that off at the Post Office.

During all this, my ipod started behaving badly with regards to the headphone connection, and since it's on warranty I decided to not put something off for once, and so I did a backup before heading to the shop I bought it in.

So I was feeling pretty good about my day (minus ipod crap out) up until I left the gig I was working at midnight. As I backed out of the parking lot, I didn't pay attention and I scraped the side of the car on a structural support beam, which, in my tired haste to get back home, I didn't notice. Well, I get out and look at the damage, and it seemed like little more than a scraped paint job and a dented panel. I get back in kind of bummed out, and I drive about half a click before I notice this vibrating sound. I dismiss it as bumps in the road for another quarter click before it gets louder and I decide to get out and see what's up.

Turns out I pierced the tire on the bolt of the support beam, and I now have a flat. Luckily, I have a CAA membership that my GF's parents got us for Christmas, and so I call them up and wait.

Half an hour later the guy gets there, and the first thing he says is: "I need to get you out of here, the protesters are headed this way and the cops are about to lock down the sector." Okay, fine. (for those not in the know, Montreal has had its 30th nighttime protest in as many nights tonight) We leave and stop at a gas station a few blocks away, and as he gets out of the truck and looks at my car, he says "oh, I can't just change your tire, I have to drop it off at the dealership, because your axle looks bent." This guy, by the way, is very nice and courteous, but he seems to be beyond burnt out, and he even tells me so at one point.

So he looks on his GPS for the nearest dealership, and finds one not too far off, but he finds it odd that he's never seen it before. When we get there we see why, as the Honda "dealership" the GPS pointed him to was a small motorcycle shop. So, we get back in and head to the CAR dealership which he knows is truly one, which is halfway across town.

He's just dropped me off about 15 minute ago, and am I ever glad to be home. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get to work on Friday, and I can only hope this isn't going to end up costing me the balance of my student loan once I've paid my tuition. This isn't even really my car, just my GF's parents are nice enough to lend it to us longterm.

EDIT: Well, apparently about 400 people where arrested at the protests tonight, right about the time they were marching in my direction while I was waiting for the tow truck.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

May 18, 2012 - 05:45 AM
Oddly appropriate
So,

Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to tune in on the emergency debate in the Quebec Legislature on the special law that the Quebec government wants to pass to quell the student protests while playing a bit of Minecraft. When, as the speeches for and against finally end at 6:30 AM, they call the vote and the stream cuts to some cheesy elevator music, I suddenly notice the sound of my in-game cats and the many colored sheep we have in our virtual backyard against this priceless musical backdrop.

A cacophony of farm animals, which oddly enough didn't sound that different from what I had been listening to for the previous 4 hours...

Currently Playing: The Minecraft barnyard choir does the Quebec Legislature

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #23]

May 17, 2012 - 02:29 PM
Dis' some Bullshit
So we live in a condo that my girlfriend's dad bought.

And there's a condo association which goes over snow removal, lawn mowing, etc. costs, and what have you that has to do with community living.

Now, I don't get implicated so much because I pretty much just live here as a renter, but since my girlfriend's dad lives about 1000 clicks away, my girlfriend has to go to the yearly meetings they have.

Well, this year, our next door neighbor decided that my girlfriend wasn't allowed to speak because she wasn't the owner, even though she went to previous meetings (we've been here six years). So she gets my girlfriend to make her dad send a letter that says she is allowed to speak in his name. She also had the good sense to hand this piece of paper to my GF and make a speech in front of everyone about how this is unusual but it will be OK for this once because her dad said so.

Now, this neighbor, although she is a bit quirky in a weird kind of way, has always been quite cordial with me and since we share a porch in a way we often have conversations about different things when she comes out (I spend a lot of time on said porch).

Well, at this meeting, she decides to talk about how we shouldn't have our dogs do their business on the front lawn anymore because it turns the grass yellow.

Putting aside the fact that we can't control other people's dogs from going on our lawn (and there are tons, we live on a busy boulevard), and the fact that she hasn't even mowed the 4 meters square lawn yet this year (which she is paid for btw), who the fuck is she to make this decision? Also, this was obviously directed at the two of us, as only two other couples have a dog in the building, and they are lap dogs. One of them have a pee pad for their dog, and the others live on the ground floor so they have their own little patch of grass behind the building.

This isn't the first time she's done something like this, I became good friends with one of the people in the building who moved out this year, and he said he quite giving a fuck about all this because she was always so anal at these things. A year or so before we moved in she decided that people weren't allowed to have barbecues on the porch because it smells bad, and she admonished everyone at the last reunion about how she was redoing her floors, and that she had the decency to ask everyone if it was OK because it's written in some bullshit agreement she probably wrote herself.

Obviously If I would have been there, I would have told her quite squarely how ridiculous this is, but since I'm just a renter, I'm "not allowed to speak".

Bullshit.

Currently Playing: Minecraft

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #22]

Mar 4, 2012 - 03:00 PM
Was considering this for SAUS
YouTube Video

But there's a bit too much talking going on. I guess the Good Book song it is then.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

Mar 2, 2012 - 01:04 PM
I think I'm being trolled...
By the administration of the Music Faculty.

So I have a doctoral analysis exam coming up.

I have to analyze a Mozart sonata, the passacaglia from Ravel's piano trio, and...

The intermezzo from Hindemith's Lustige Sinfonietta, which is subtitled Zoologische Merkwürdigkeiten, which as far as I could figure out means "zoological strangeness".

I'm going to be heading to the library to find more info on this piece because so far I've done a quick internet search and there isn't much readily available information about it that isn't in German.

Currently Playing: Around with the soundtrack to a strange zoo

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Feb 27, 2012 - 03:11 PM
When the (moose) shit hits the fan
A pretty interesting story is developing regarding the last Canadian federal election, which somehow doesn't surprise me. Automated calls, and even live calls issued from call centers were sent to voters who had been identified as voting for parties other than the Conservative Party, misleading people by telling them the polling station had changed places, and just generally being rude and aggressively calling multiple times at all hours of the day and night.

The Conservative Party has already been caught red-handed with regards to election fraud (they were caught transferring funds around to evade campaign spending limits in 2006), and it seems that getting caught once wasn't enough.

Fingers crossed that this will somehow keep developing enough to somehow rid our country of this Conservative majority before it's term is up.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #19]

Feb 18, 2012 - 11:34 AM
This could get interesting
:/
Well, the students of the Music Faculty at the Université de Montréal have decided to go on strike to protest a planned increase in tuition cost.

I understand the feeling behind this and since I'm of the opinion that education should be the next priority for funding after healthcare, this is going to make it odd going to work on Wednesday. Apparently there are going to be picket lines, and I never thought I'd be one of the people who would have to cross them, but here I am. I'm a TA, so I need to show up and see if there are any assignments handed in regardless of the fact that all the students have declared all classes to be cancelled until further notice. My own classes are one on one with my research director, and he said if things get too hairy he'll just have me over at his house so we can keep working.

I'm still having a hard time grasping how this is a productive solution to the problem, since we are the ones paying, not the University. We aren't providing the service, they are.

Oh well, we'll just wait and see I guess.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #18]

Jan 23, 2012 - 03:08 PM
Well, I guess that'll do for now
So, I've got a working PS3 again, albeit not the same one I had before. My little brother had kept his old 40GB model when it YLOD'd, and he said he wasn't going to be doing anything with it, but it didn't have the right laser for mine. So I went ahead and used the heat gun trick on it and to my great pleasure I now have a working PS3. Apparently this doesn't always work for very long before YOLDing again, so I'll probably still get my other one a new laser when I have the time to search for a decently priced one and fix that one up too.

I was quite disappointed to see that I couldn't transfer my Dark Souls save file without PSN+ though, that kind of shit is just fucking annoying as hell.

Oh well, it's such a cool game that I don't mind starting it up from the beginning again all that much.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 dynamos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #17]

Jan 19, 2012 - 01:56 PM
PS3 Blu-Ray problems
I posted this in the Help Desk already, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it here as well, seeing that some journal dwellers might not notice the thread and might be able to help...

-------------------------

About two days ago my PS3 started behaving oddly when playing games, and eventually it would just stop reading the game disc and the game would very quickly crash afterwards. I had to force the system to shut down, and when I turned it back on, it would take a long time to read whatever disc I put in, and would promptly crash after a few minutes of gameplay. After trying multiple times to leave it off and come back to it, I noticed that the behavior was getting worse, and now it's to the point that if it does recognize the disc it will most likely not get past the first loading screen. However, we put in a DVD yesterday and it played all the way without a hitch. I just put one in now, and it seems to be playing back fine. A blu-ray movie however would not play back.

From reading around, it seem that my issue is somewhere in the blu-ray drive, but I'm not sure how to diagnostic it properly, and I was wondering if anyone here has had similar issues and has found a DIY way to repair it. I've gone through all system options except HDD formatting, and that didn't change anything. I've also opened up the drive and cleaned the laser, but that also did not change anything. I've done the fan test as well, and the fan works.

I've seen a lot of people talk about replacing the laser, which sounds like a more attractive solution for me financially than buying a new PS3 or paying Sony to repair it. Have any of you actually gone through the process of changing the laser and had satisfactory results? Would it be safer to just change the whole drive, in case it's something else in there that's causing this problem?

By the way, my PS3 is a 160GB fat model (CECHP01) if that helps.

Currently Playing: NOT Dark Souls :mad:

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #16]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
i am good at jokes's Journal