Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Omnislash124's Journal

Omnislash124's Journal Statistics
View Omnislash124's profile
Entries 54 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 17562
Replies Omnislash124 has made 76 comments [view stats]
Comments 162 comments (3 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 18 props given to Omnislash124 [who be proppin?]
Buddies 2 buddies
Relation You are not Omnislash124's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Aug 21, 2011 - 09:59 PM
Bootlegs and Nendoroid Hunting
So the story goes as follows...

I never really found the appeal of nendoroids until my cousin brought me back one from Taiwan a few months back. The one he brought back for me was Snow Miku (aka Yuki Miku, #97). At the time, I thought it looked pretty cute and reasonably well made. He never told me how much it costs, but I looked it up on eBay, and they certainly weren't cheap.

It's not until recently after I got back from Otakon that I did a bit more research. I got a bunch of Vocaloid stuff from Otakon this year, including a big Miku Plush from the Nendoroid Plus line of plushies, a Chibi Vocaloid wall scroll, and a Wowaka CD (Unhappy Refrain).

Since I like knowing about the things I buy, I decided to brush up on some Vocaloid canon so that I don't sound like an idiot when having to explain them later. It wasn't until this point that I stumbled upon a page of some of the vocaloid merchandise that I even thought of the idea of anything being a bootleg, so I looked up some of it, and that's when it hit me.

It might be hard to tell from this picture, but her face is very reflective. That in and of itself isn't that big of an issue, but I've always wondered why she's not very stable (the parts don't fit in very well, they're either really tight, or too loose). There are some other tell tale signs on the box, but the box doesn't matter that much to me. After some research online, I've confirmed it to be a bootleg. I think it's a pretty well made bootleg, but still.

This one is pretty much a lesson that I shouldn't impulse buy things from conventions. I always assumed that they had genuine stuff at conventions (especially one as big as Otakon), so I bought it without doing any kind of research first. But from what I found out, these plushes are only supposed to be ~10 inches in height. The Kagamine Rin plush next to it is genuine (one I bought shortly after the convention) and is the correct height. There aren't that many differences, but the main one I realized is that the Miku doesn't have a wire skeleton, which means you can't really pose her.

Now, I don't hate these two because I think they're still reasonably well made and I think the Miku plush is more huggable than the Rin plush, but it has spurred an interest in me to seek out other nendoroids, because I really do like how my Snow Miku looks.

I've been scrounging around eBay to find some nendoroids, and have tried to steer clear of any listing that looks suspicious (namely anything I can't get a confirmation of authenticity on). But at least over this last weekend, I think I've dropped closed to $600 on nendoroids. In the next week or so (whenever they come in) we'll find out if I got screwed on any of them.

For the curious, these are:

#27 - Izumi Konata
#28 - Hiiragi Kagami
#82 - Akiyama Mio
#93 - Megurine Luka
#97 - Snow Miku (let's try this again)
#104 - Nakano Azusa

I also pre-ordered the Kagamine Rin/Len Cheerful set and I've been eying

#33 - Hatsune Miku (This one I'm weary of because of the rampant bootlegging of this partcular figure.)
#62 - Mikku Miku Kagami (Awaiting Authenticity Check)

EDIT: #62 - Mikku Miku Kagami authenticity confirmed.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #54]

May 24, 2011 - 08:44 AM
PSP firmware is bullshit. Part 3
Response to: PSP firmware is bullshit. Part 2 by Omnislash124

It's been a long time since I've had this, but last night, I stuck in Ys Seven and, of course, it doesn't load up. I'm currently running 5.50 Prometheus, which apparently, after a quick google search, turns out that most people don't have any issues running this game.

I have seen posts talking about a Prometheus v4 or something which is apparently the latest and final version of the Prometheus line. I might give that a shot, but what worries me is that people have reported more common crashes/freezes with the new version.

Has anybody used it?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #53]

Jul 22, 2010 - 09:36 PM
I know it's old, but...

God, I love this game. ~30 hours in now. Probably going to be coming to a close sometime soon. It's been like a year since I started...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #52]

Jul 16, 2010 - 01:29 PM
PSP firmware is bullshit. Part 2
Response to: PSP firmware is bullshit. by Omnislash124

So, maybe I'm the only one with this issue, but since installing GEN-D3 firmware, which HAS allowed me to boot up Persona, I have lost the ability to load any of my old saves from older games.

Now, here's the kicker.

My saves from ISO/CSO images on my memory stick work fine. (Games: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (JP), Rock Band: Unplugged (US)) However, any game loaded from UMD suddenly think that the save on my stick is corrupted. (Games: FFT: War of the Lions, Yggdra Union, Star Ocean: First Departure, Jeanne D'Arc, Crimson Gem Saga, Prinny, Crisis Core, PoPoLoCrois).

Has this happened to anybody else?

Response entries:
PSP firmware is bullshit. Part 3 by Omnislash124

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #51]

Jun 1, 2010 - 09:20 PM
PSP firmware is bullshit.
So my efforts to keep momentum in me beating my PSP games has hit a snag recently as I try to play Persona on the PSP. I am currently running Custom Firmware M33 5.50, but Persona requires 5.55 apparently. As far as I know, there is no working custom firmware for 5.55.

I'd upgrade to the official firmware if I didn't lose my homebrew/emulators. I can deal with not being able to play PSP ISOs since I'd really only be losing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (and subsequently any non-NA game released).

Sigh...well, time to pick another PSP game to play for the time being...Class of Heroes, Go!

Response entries:
PSP firmware is bullshit. Part 2 by Omnislash124

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #50]

May 21, 2010 - 09:14 PM
Graduated!.....Yay?
Seeing as how my life (if my journal entries are to be believed 100%) has taken a hiatus for almost a year now, I'd say it's time to bring back this journal.

As of last week (May 14th, to be exact), if you didn't know, I've finally graduated from Virginia Tech. Magna Cum Laude in Computer Engineering and Computer Science. (Would have been Summa if Embedded Systems Design didn't screw me. ) But, at the very least, it's all over with. I'll never understand the people who think that college is partying every night. Of course, I'm probably just extremely jealous of the people who DO party every night. Senior year sucked ass for me, which I assume it's my fault for overloading 24 credits each semester. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but commencement ceremonies suck. I assume most people are happy that they've graduated from college, but I sat in that seat for about 2 hours just to hear my names get called once, walk across a stage to get an envelope and walk back off and have a seat again. Boring as all hell.

Of course, coming down with a case of sialadenitis immediately following graduation the next day wasn't fun either. It's mostly gone now, but the last few days were pure hell.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #49]

Jun 25, 2009 - 05:37 PM
New entry in forever: Playstation 3
So...yeah. I caved in and bought a PS3 (60GB full Backwards Compatibility since I'd REALLY like to play my mountain of PS2 games still without needing to hook up the PS2).

I'll eventually need to start building up my JRPG mass again whenever more JRPGs come out for the PS3. Right now, I only know of Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, and Cross Edge (and yes, I do plan on picking this up, despite the shittiness, maybe after a price cut). But in the meantime, enjoying me some Rock Band 2.

The only other comment I have is that it's fucking huge.

Christ.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #48]

Apr 1, 2009 - 11:17 AM
Why can't we be friends?
Seriously, I logged in this morning at like 8:15 or so and everything was fine and dandy, minus the Gamingfort change.

And here I am again, and apparently, I died at the hands of a lurker the Plaid at 10:25am.

Ah well, may as well spend a day in the graveyard.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #47]

Dec 18, 2008 - 11:10 AM
FedEx is forgiven
Response to: I think I fucked up... by Omnislash124

Apparently, they hauled ass as soon as they got the video film declaration form.

Yeah, they REALLY hauled ass. Cross country in less than 2 days.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #46]

Dec 15, 2008 - 07:12 PM
I think I fucked up...
Well, I don't know for sure, but for now, I'm going to say I shouldn't have waited this long to do this.

My sister's birthday is coming up, so I decided to get her something for her birthday. I was looking around Play-Asia for a J-Movie she wanted to watch and found what I was looking for. On December 8, I placed the order, and figured that if I had chosen courier shipping, that I should get it here before I leave college (that is, December 18th, Sister's Birthday being December 19th). Choices for courier shipping included EMS, UPS, and FedEx. EMS stated 3 - 5 days while FedEx and UPS stated 1 - 4 days, so I figure that I'd get it in time (and with time to spare at that) if I had chosen FedEx.

So the first thing that almost fucked me was that it was initially not in stock, contrary to the what was on the site. But that was resolved rather well and before I knew it, it shipped out on December 12th, with an expected delivery date of December 15th. I thought I was in the clear.

I thought wrong:

Damn customs. They seem to have called me this morning, but I couldn't get to it this morning, so I called them back like 15 minutes afterwards. I have called them back no less than 14 times now, and I have yet to get a reply. I left a message on my third call, but they still haven't called me back yet. Now we're cutting it close to when I leave, and if it's still in Anchorage, AK, I don't see it getting here in time.

Response entries:
FedEx is forgiven by Omnislash124

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #45]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Omnislash124's Journal