Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Yggdrasil's Journal

Yggdrasil's Journal Statistics
View Yggdrasil's profile
Entries 11 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 3854
Replies Yggdrasil has made 2 comments [view stats]
Comments 13 comments (1.18 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 0 props given to Yggdrasil [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Yggdrasil's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Sep 26, 2006 - 02:38 AM
Work
dreaming a
As I finally begin to dawn upon the impact of the first week of college the element that hits the hardest is the fact that its time to go back to work. Back to writing papers, back to doing math problems, and back to looking for job to earn some bling.

In anycase today I finally decided to take a look at what all this Yotsuba stuff was about. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, it seems it certainly lives up to the praise that people have been giving it. Really makes me wonder why I haven't checked it out before since I already knew it was from Azumanga's maker and I really enjoyed Azumanga.

Another thing I just wanted to throw out there just so I have something to talk about is my annoying habit with story spoilers and getting myself too attached to stories. Each time I get engrossed in a story the first thing I wanna do is find out the ending, it totally spoils me, but to some degree trying to find out how the story wound up where it was intrigues me just as much. As for getting attached to the story my problem is I hate bad closures, sometimes I don't want closure at all. For example (spoilers retain the the Eureka seveN anime series, oh and get ready to get hit by a wall of text):
Spoiler:
In Eureka Seven, in the end, we know that Dominic/Anemone and Renton/Eureka pair ups are now etched in stone. But in the end its quite clear the the Gekko crew dropped off the kids at the grandpa's place and Renton and Eureka apparently haven't come back themselves yet. The ending episode (which I also spoiled for myself) only shows them apparently holding hands in a forest glade, quite romantic (even tho I'm not really a romantic person myself I can appreciate romantic moments). And it pretty much ends there, wtf?

Yeah i know eventually they'll come back, but when? will they bring a 4th human/corallian hybrid child? (can coralians and humans really produce viable offspring? i know its implied that it will work out but I still wanna know) how will the child look like? boy or girl? what color of hair and eyes? name?!?! Will they lead a peaceful existence (despite Eureka's fairy wings and that jewel thing on her forehead)? Will they rejoin Gekko? How many children will they have? Do they really represent the joining of the coralian race and the human race? Will they eventually lie on their death beds still as a deeply in love couple who will be there for each other unto death and thereafter? (Do coralians live longer than humans?)

And what about the crew of the Gekko? what happens to them? do they continue on with their lives as freelancers? What about the info about Tolha's child? Do the other couples aboard also get together? Do Holland and the crew ever meet up with Eureka and Renton ever again? They know where Renton's grandfather lives, so might they visit once Eureka/Renton come back? Or will they never meet again? Will any of them leave and settle down and raise their own family? Or will they always be on the move, maybe pick up some of Eureka/Renton's children as new members of Gekko?

I could make another list for the questions I have about Dominic/Anemone as well but I don't think I will bore you with them anymore.

As you can see if things are not brought to a definite close for me I have shitloads of questions I'd like to have answered. And with my uncontrollable and vibrant imagination I already have an answer for each question, but I cannot be sure as its not official so I never wind up taking my own answers and the questions remain, nagging at me, constantly coming back. And for rather well developed stories these kind of questions will remain with me almost indefinitely.

And yet theres more (you're tired now I know), sometimes I also don't want closure just to let these questions roam about, I enjoy a little excercise in imagination every now and then, and even if there was complete closure I doubt it would silence all of my questions

Yeah that will be my rant today.

P.S
Spoiler:
still about Eureka here,

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that the whole Renton <3 Eureka thing that they put on the moon and on the compac drive to be INCREDIBALLY corny? undeniably fruity? Its really my only complaint so far.

Currently Playing: Acceptance - So Contagious

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8 of 11]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Yggdrasil's Journal