Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Secret Squirrel's Journal

Secret Squirrel's Journal Statistics
View Secret Squirrel's profile
Entries 7 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (14.29% of total)
Views 4867
Replies Secret Squirrel has made 196 comments [view stats]
Comments 71 comments (10.14 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 3 props given to Secret Squirrel [who be proppin?]
Buddies 90 buddies
Relation You are not Secret Squirrel's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 8, 2006 - 10:12 PM
An Update
As promised, time for an update.....

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Pittsburgh for a long weekend. On Saturday, I'll be going to my High School reunion (class of '86). It's going to be fun catching up with some of my old friends, and seeing what they've been doing with their lives. I found out from a few internet searches that, among those who were my closest friends, Rich is a director at AT&T, Steve is a partner in a San Fransicso law firm, and Mark is an actor on such shows as Charmed and CSI. Aside from the reunion, I'll get to visit some family while I'm there, too.

A couple of weeks ago, I applied for an opening at NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland. I wasn't sure about my chances, as it looked like it was a public announcement for a position they had already filled (i.e. hiring a contractor into a full time civil service position), and after talking with a friend who also works with that group, that turned out to be true. As expected, I got a rejection notification this week. It was a diasspointment, but perhaps the important thing is that it marks the point where I'm finally starting to look for a new job. My current job is interesting most of the time, and I have learned a lot here, but for the last few years, my career has definitely been in a rut, and I'm lagging my peers when it comes to level of responsibility (and likewise, lagging in pay.) When I get back from this trip, I'll need to start looking in earnest.

With all of this in mind, last week I went out to Men's Warehouse and spent $500 on dress clothes, which is something I've needed to do for a long time. I picked up a couple of nice sports coats, some formal and not-so-formal dress pants, shirts, and a nice tie. Heh, my old suit is 17 years old, and doesn't really fit me any more. I expected I'd buy a new suit, but no one really wears those much anymore.

Anyway, I hope you all have a fun weekend. Back on Tuesday.

Currently Playing: [Hanii 2 ~Sky & Road~] 02 Altar of Dreams

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1 of 6]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Secret Squirrel's Journal