Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal

Angel of Light's Journal Statistics
View Angel of Light's profile
Entries 83 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 38913
Replies Angel of Light has made 363 comments [view stats]
Comments 271 comments (3.27 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 115 props given to Angel of Light [who be proppin?]
Buddies 19 buddies
Relation You are not Angel of Light's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Nov 19, 2012 - 11:55 PM
Meeting Terminus (Vancouver Trip) + Video Game Collection
So about a week and a half ago, I head out to Vancouver for a little 4 day vacation to go to the Vancouver Gaming Expo. I kind of felt I was overdue for a little vacation.

The summer and early fall has been really hectic with regards to work but with work gradually slowing down just because winter decided to hit our area a couple of weeks early I really needed to get out of here at least for a couple of days.

This was my second time out to Vancouver, the first time I headed out to Vancouver in 2011 I was suppose to meet him but things were really hectic the first time around and I had been staying with friends at the time and there was literally no time to get away.

I ended up getting asked to go to Vancouver for the expo, so I decided to head out to it and since I was going out by myself and wasn't really meeting anybody. I thought it would of been a perfect time to finally meet Terminus since we've been planning this for a really long time.

So when I checked in the hotel, term showed up about an hour or two later and you know I was absolutely surprised. I was under the impression that all the stories I've heard about Term he would be loud and really outgoing, but he was a incredibly genuinely nice guy. The three days we hung out together were incredibly awesome. Strangely enough we kind of have the same style of clothes wearing bright plaid colors.

Friday

Basically I'm as roughneck as they come, so I really had to count on Term to help navigate around Vancouver since I had no idea where I was going, so we walked quite a lot and took the bus to downtown vancouver just sharing stories and our thoughts on gff and how long we've been there. We were also making a bunch of jokes and skills and Winnipegs expense. We initially grabbed supper first.

http://www.expbar.ca/

This was a video game themed restaurant, and I have to tell ya I was pretty impressed. The food was incredibly good, and they were showing video game footage on large screens scattered around the restaurant. We literally had a three course meal and a few drinks and a couple of shots afterwards. Term actually took care of the bill, which I felt really bad, but I made it up to him throughout the weekend.

For the rest of the night we were just walking all over downtown vancouver visiting a few stores such as a drug store, future shop, comic book store, and we went to a local arcade as well. We even found the church of scientology vancouver branch so we had to openly mock that building out of spite. It was such an awesome experience to be in an arcade again. They had good mix of old arcade machines and new arcade machines. So while term was playing marvel vs capcom and a few other games, I was playing puzzle bobble, pac-man, and a few others. We even had a match of Marvel Vs. Capcom and I managed to beat him just barely though.

We pretty much ended the night at a sports bar across from the arcade and had a few appetizers and a few more drinks just casually chatting it up. The strange thing about the sports bar is that it wouldn't accept debit, it would only accept cash or credit which I had never heard of before. I pretty much took care of the bill since term looked after supper that night.

I noticed as Term got more alcohol into his sytem the louder he got, but he made sure I got back to the hotel.

Saturday

I only got to see Term for a few hours, because he had other obligations that day but we hung out at the gaming expo for a little while and had lunch at the expo as well. He kicked my ass quite a lot in blazblue.

I ended up getting some really good stuff and I stayed within my budget as well.

What I picked up:

Soul Blazer - SNES

Skies of Arcadia Legends - Gamecube

Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble - Gamecube

Atelier Iris 2 The Azoth Of Destiny - PS2

Lufia: The Ruins of Lore - GBA

Revenge of the Ninja - Sega CD

Robo Aleste - Sega CD

Mr Driller - Ps1

I went to some of the panels:

State of the Industry Panel (Really great insight into the video game industry and how a lot of jobs are being lost in Vancouver and how Indie games are pretty much the future when it comes to true quality within video games.)

XBOX Live Achievement Hunting Panel (Basically xbox acheivement hunters make my tendency to complete games look like a complete joke, but to go after achievements takes a lot of work and dedication as well.)

Term had to leave at around 2 pm, so we were going to hook up again on the final day of the expo for a few hours.

For the rest of the day I hung out with some fellow gaming youtubers and had supper with them out to the Keg.

I think one of the biggest highlights of the night is they actually had a video game themed burlesque show which was lets just say interesting.

http://www.thevandollsburlesque.com/

This what they had:

Fallout 3 Burlesque Girl
DDR Burlesque Girl
Halo Burlesque Girl
Female Portal Burlesque Girl
Companion Cube Burlesque Girl
Male Pokemon Burlesque Guy (Seriously)
Pac-Man and Ghosts Burlesque Girls

Sunday

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. Term and I just spent most of the day going to a few panels and trying to get his character leveled up in code of princess. I really wanted to do something nice for Term, since he took care of the bill at the exp bar so I pretty much bought him any game he wanted from one of the dealers. I bought him a factory sealed copy of Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time. It was the least I can do. I still don't know if he'll be able to make to the Maine meet, but Term is an incredibly nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet him and he made the trip really enjoyable and we had a lot of similar interests and attitudes when it comes to gaming.

I think the best story he told is when he was at one of the meets, and when you guys went out to dinner the waitress wanted to know what nationality he was, he told the waitress to guess, and she thought he was spanish. That was hilarious, from here on out when Term goes anywhere he will conquer it in the name of Spain.

I think meeting term makes me a lot more comfortable about going to the meet next year, and I sincerely hope he can make it.

Overall guys, I got less than a month before I go home. Its been a pretty hard year but I got a lot of things to look forward to in 2013.

Also as an added bonus, I'm sure everyone is aware I'm a big video game collector when I was home over the summer I decided to do a video of my video game collection so if your interested here are the two videos of how I got my game collection set up.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Currently Playing: New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 3DS

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #79 of 83]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal