Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal

Angel of Light's Journal Statistics
View Angel of Light's profile
Entries 83 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 38988
Replies Angel of Light has made 363 comments [view stats]
Comments 271 comments (3.27 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 115 props given to Angel of Light [who be proppin?]
Buddies 19 buddies
Relation You are not Angel of Light's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 26, 2008 - 09:54 PM
My thoughts if it means anything:
Response to: I guess I'm officially old now by Monkey King

I don't even know if your going to read this MK, but I hope that you do. In a sense I don't even know if what I have to say is worth making a response entry.

I always have the firm belief that people are always welcome to believe what they want to believe. You know in a sense I do understand how you feel. I don't smoke and I have never touched a narcotic in my entire life. I never intend to either. I do drink, but in that sense I don't drink very often.

It is such an ignorant statement to say that if someone does these things it makes them an addict.

I don't do drugs, I absolutely have no time for them in my life. Do you honestly think that I feel I'm better than them because I don't do drugs. Of course not. My graduating class for my bachelors degree in environmental studies, everybody in my graduating class except for me had done pot or some other kind of drug, but all of them were still my friends. People are going to do things in their life out of their own free will, the least they can do is just take responsibility for their actions despite if they have negative or positive consequences.

I wasn't at the meet. So I can't speak or make assumptions of what happened. I would like to think that nobody ever pressured you to do anything that you didn't want to. This is not high school, and in my eyes peer pressure is totally subjective. If you don't want to do something, you don't have to do it, I don't think anybody had you pinned down and was forcing you to do things that you didn't want to do. Don't look down upon other people because they choose to live their life differently than what you do.

You know I probably missed out on a lot of fun in my life because I was such a moralistic stiff and was afraid to take any kind of risk. I'm still that way now to a point, I got an opportunity to do something illegal that one of co-workers is planning this weekend with a bunch of his friends. They're saying there is no risk involved because they have a police scanner/radio. I still turned him down, because its just not me, but its not as if i wish any ill will toward him and his friends. I hope they have a fun time and I especially hope they don't get caught.

People will do what they want to have fun, and you can't take that away from them. If I can make my way back to Newfoundland for good, within the next year I plan on going to next years meet. I may not do drugs, or smoke, or when I drink get completely wasted. I don't need these things to have a good time, and I would like to think everybody at that meet didn't need them either. They did the things they were comfortable with and should at least respect them for trying to enjoy themselves.

The way I see it you have two options:

1.) You can continue to live in fear, and miss out on a lot of potential opportunities in your life. This sheltered view of the world you have is only going to make you more and more critical toward anything and everything that goes against your way of thinking.

2.) Just put yourself in their shoes. Try to have a bit more acceptance toward everyone and their choices. It could make you a better person because of it.

Overall you have to live your own life how you see fit. I don't want to push anybody into a direction they don't want to be in. I don't know if you'll ever read this, but I arrived on the forums way too late after all the drama had occured. i just wanted to provide my input, whether you look at it in a positive or negative way is totally up to you. I wish nothing but the best for you. I'll probably have a lot of heat headed my way. I just wanted to give you my take on it without being offensive to you or the things you believe in.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9 of 83]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal