Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal

Journal Banner
"Remember that you must behave in life as at a dinner party. Is anything brought around to you? Put out your hand and take your share with moderation. Does it pass by you? Don't stop it. Is it not yet come? Don't stretch your desire towards it, but wait till it reaches you. Do this with regard to children, to a wife, to public posts, to riches, and you will eventually be a worthy partner of the feasts of the gods. And if you don't even take the things which are set before you, but are able even to reject them, then you will not only be a partner at the feasts of the gods, but also of their empire." - The Enchiridion, Epictetus

Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal Statistics
View Misogynyst Gynecologist's profile
Entries 969 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 56 entries are private (5.78% of total)
Views 476474
Replies Misogynyst Gynecologist has made 6926 comments [view stats]
Comments 8922 comments (9.21 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 1601 props given to Misogynyst Gynecologist [who be proppin?]
Buddies 23 buddies
Relation You are not Misogynyst Gynecologist's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Aug 26, 2013 - 03:43 PM
ComiConn 2013
This weekend I got to meet two of my childhood heroes. The first is comic artist Mark Bagley, who was one of two Spider-Man artists I idolized growing up (the other was Sal Buschema). I was hoping to get a sketch but he was a bit too pricey. However, a signed $20 print meant that he didn't have to tire himself out with another commission and was thankful enough to get a picture with me. I look nonplussed but I'm pretty sure I was just trying not to vomit.

The second was J.M. DeMatteis, the writer behind Kraven's Last Hunt and (my favorite Spider-Man story ever) The Child Within - which was also part of the first Spider-Man comic I ever read. Unlike the artists that were taking up huge lines around the room, J.M. was sitting by himself and looking like, I kid you not, a depressed Larry David: an empty table aside from a Macbook and a sigh in his shoulders. I nervously introduced myself (afraid of going totally bonkers and fanboy at him) and thanked him emphatically for his run on Spectacular Spider-Man to which he replied with immense relief that it was his favorite thing he's ever written and so happy to talk about it. Luckily, I was able to chew his ear for 20 minutes - he pulled me aside and told me to sit when others were coming up to have stuff signed and we talked about writing and Stephen King and practically everything you can think of that can be covered in under half an hour. He said I should sign up for his writing workshop and I'm giving it serious thought, though the cynic in me says that he made the offer less because I impressed him and more because it has a $400 fee.

Christ I photograph badly.

Anyway, the other guys I got to meet are unfortunately unpictured but...

I bumped into Bob Camp, who is a long, long time animation guy and was co-creator of Ren & Stimpy. We have one or two mutual friends (well, they're more his friends than mine, I just know those people via Facebook) and he was happy to talk about anything other than John K or his time on R&S. He was doing doodles and selling cell art but he was waaaaaaay too pricey. He was a bit of an angry old guy but we got on well enough.

Then I ran into Michael Jan Freeman - whos written a metric-shit-tonne of Star Trek books and comics over the years - and a person who I won't name at the moment, but he was someone whos name I recognized but had little experience with his writing. Anyway, since they weren't artists, you could get a good conversation with them for as long as you wanted and we talked about problematic Hollywood actors (like how Sly Stallone wanted art redone on all the Judge Dredd comic adaptations because he didn't like how his mouth was drawn) before we landed on the topic of Harlan Ellison. Well, the guy I won't name tore Harlan a huge asshole for all sorts of good reasons - they'd written together in the past and Harlan had shit on him professionally - and Unnamed Guy and I went back and forth like an old couple, much to the amusement of some of the other people walking around.

Actor John Wesley Shipp was there (Dawson's Dad from Dawson's Creek!) and I wish I had snuck by to ask him about working with Mark Hamill on The Flash but by noon I was exhausted as fuck.

Then I went out and literally got drunk from 5 pm until 6 am with a bunch of really hot girls.

Then I talked to Andrew WK on the phone.

So, yeah, this was all pretty choice.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [9] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #887 of 913]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal