Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dekoa's Journal

Journal Banner
Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes from this. Humanity is done for the sake of others, simply comparing oneself with them and putting them in the fore. Courage is getting one's teeth; it is simplly doing that and pushing ahead, paying no attention to the circumstances.

Dekoa's Journal Statistics
View Dekoa's profile
Entries 87 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 31759
Replies Dekoa has made 100 comments [view stats]
Comments 232 comments (2.67 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 24 props given to Dekoa [who be proppin?]
Buddies 25 buddies
Relation You are not Dekoa's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 5, 2007 - 02:04 PM
WHat happened to playable PC Games?
I've seen ctrl-alt-dlt's SHadowrun comic and though of it as interesting. THen later today when I was on digg, I found a SHadowrun review and I must say that The game looks very kickass. So kick ass in the fact that I think I already have a character set made or something along the lines. The only reason I haven't made him yet is because I don't own the game and I don't know the limitations. HOwever when I looked at Wikipedia to see what the game was all about, I found out that it was a Table top RPG at one point (Which is another story all together but that's not the gist of this entry).

The thing is though, when I finally found the entry on the recently released game, I found that it was for the Xbox 360 System and for Windows Vista. Now I'm not one to say that this isn't reasonable. On the contrary, I think that the Xbox franchise pulls in alot of money from the FPS titles as well as a myriad of American born titles (I swear to god that whenever I start talking about the XBox, I can hear USA, USA being chanted in the background like it's some Jock Party). Plus any games that come out for the XBox that I would like to try are just as readily as available on the other systems as well as the PC. SO I have yet to see a reason to get an XBox system just for that sole fact.

When I looked at the Wiki entry I saw that it would come out for the PC. I thought, Yeah I might like to get that, Let's see what OS it requires. Oh yeah, Vista, no surprise there. Lets see about the System Requirments, WHAT I DON"T HAVE THAT KIND OF CASH. I JUST UPDATED THE GRAPHICS CARD AND IT STILL ISN"T ENOUGH. SHIT. Suffice to say, I was pissed. I realized that Computers and things aren't behind the times and neither are the systems, but I built my own computer to be somewhat above average the normal persons computer, and I have always thought that. However I'm thinking that Now and days, Games are starting to Outstrip the average computer users requirements. I think it is a good thing to go just a little farther, but unless I'm mistaken, 2GB of RAM and a GeForce 7800 doesn't sound nowhere near close to the average user. SO I am poised with this question, has PC Game companies determined that the average user doesn't want to play Video games anymore?

EDIT: ANother thing I found out, the Console itself only has 512 MB of RAM, Which is exactly the same as the one on my comp now ( I know I need to upgrade it!). I understand an OS needs a little bit more and stuff so I would think a GB would be enough, but then I realized that VIsta takes a GB to do it's work so Then I think that 1.5 GB would be enough, WHy so much Microsoft Hmmmm???

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 kabooms)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #73 of 87]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dekoa's Journal