Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Internet Explorer issue

impeteman
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9513

Level 1.73

Jul 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:41 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 05:41 PM #1 of 4
Exclamation Internet Explorer issue

Before anyone lambasts me, let me inform you that I use Firefox, and have been using it for well over a year.

I don't use IE, but the trick is that somehow iTunes does. And therein lies the problem.

I went to rip a CD to my iTunes and it won't connect to the CDDB, the Music Store, or anything else using the internet. Apparently it uses IE's settings to make the connection.

IE doesn't work for me anymore. I'm not sure when it stopped, since I use Firefox now. But I do know that it needs to work if I want to avoid the hassle of manually inputting every artist, album, and track name every time I rip a CD.

Turning off firewalls does nothing.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies with IE and not iTunes, but I could be wrong.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:54 AM Local time: Jul 23, 2006, 11:54 PM #2 of 4
Proxy servers then?

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
janus zeal
=^~^=

Member 3660

Level 18.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:46 AM #3 of 4
Originally Posted by Zergrinch
Proxy servers then?
internet options > connections > lan settings

uncheck everything in that window.

if you stil have probems then try:
internet options > advances > restore defaults

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
impeteman
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9513

Level 1.73

Jul 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 01:26 PM #4 of 4
Thumbs up

HOLY CRAP!!

Janus, do you have any idea how many problems you just fixed for me?!?

Like... 4!!! It wouldn't be so many if Windows didn't rely so heavily on such a crappy program... yet it does, and it is.

Awesome.

I've been messing with the damn proxy settings for e long time to no avail. I was barking up the wrong tree. Shoot, I even sent e-mail to a tech support and haven't heard back yet.

Awesome. Again. Everything is awesome right now.

Thanks!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Internet Explorer issue