Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What are your weaknesses?

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:07 AM #1 of 65
What are your weaknesses?

As humans, we've all got our faults.

What are some of your major weaknesses and how do you accommodate for them in your daily living? Are you accepting of your faults? Are they minor in your opinion?

Admitting faults and weaknesses is nothing to be ashamed of, so don't come around with the attitude that you ain't got none, son.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:46 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:46 AM #2 of 65
My biggest weakness is anger, and it's a pretty big Achilles heel to have, if you ask me. If I'm met with a disagreeable situation, I almost always feel anger first. I try not to let that anger dictate my actions, but one time out of four it still happens. I've been getting better about keeping my cool and thinking through infuriating situations logically, though.

Another weakness of mine is my introverted nature, which is also a major weakness, in my opinion. I'm very distant and quiet and that sometimes has a profoundly negative effect on my life. I've been making an effort to be more outgoing and speak my mind more lately; it's been going pretty well.

I'm pretty accepting of my faults and weaknesses and honestly try to "repair" them the best that I can, though it's no secret that some of us just have irreparable flaws that we just have to learn to subdue and/or live with.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Adara; Mar 3, 2006 at 10:49 AM.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:55 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:55 PM #3 of 65
Ooh, this sounds like a fun place to start posting in the Quiet Place. o_O

Although I certainly have plenty of shortcomings, I think my main fault is that I have a tendency to be cynical. In this case I mean it in the sense that I don't trust people to do the right thing basically. I don't like being cynical or people who are cynical, and so I exert myself not to be. But it seems to be my "default setting".

I guess a good example would be pop music. Thinking about it objectively, if a song is popular it means that (for whatever reason) a lot of people liked it enough to go out and buy the CD. I know this, but I still think "Pop music is shitty, only retards would listen to this crap," while the correct answer would be "I'm must be weird because I can't stand something that a lot of people like enough to pay good money for it."

Also, I don't like people who are really talented/skillful at something and don't realise it. You know, they go like "Oh, I'm not very good, all my work kinda sucks", etc. But I think I am that way myself, so I try not to "let that out" so to speak. But of course, you don't want to come off as overly confident either...

I guess I am accepting of my faults, but I try to fix them if at all possible. I really wouldn't mind surgically removing them. =D

(I do also have your garden variety male stuff, you know, somewhat anti-social, fear of commitment, cursing a lot... But those are not that interesting I think.)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:01 AM #4 of 65
Funny, I was discussing this very same topic earlier this morning.

My most prominent weakness is the fact that I'm too trusting. I assume that everyone in the world really is a good person and wouldn't go out of their way to give me wrong doings. I've been proven wrong on many occasions and it's merely because I thought I could trust someone more than necessary. I am a sucker, gullible, and give too much credit to people.

I have been getting rid of my optimistic nature and looking through people's BS to see how people truly are. More often than not, the average joe won't go out of his/her way to help you and everyone has an agenda of their own.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
CileGray
Chocobo

Member 611

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:06 AM #5 of 65
1. I can't stand being around people of less 'intelligent' nature... you know, when you clearly know that you're right, but you're going against someone that just out of headstrongness (whew... inventing words I am) will refute what you say, even when they have no idea what they're talking about... I tend to believe too many people are 'morons' of the like.

2. I need to be in control.

3. My metabolism= teh ninja shit. I can't gain weight... I am 5' 11" and weigh about 135 pounds. Plus, I don't eat very healty which results in me being sick like 4 times a year.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I'm a zombie.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:06 AM #6 of 65
I have so many weaknesses I could write a book, but instead I'll just mention a few of my "favorites."

First of all, I am very, very critical of myself. I beat myself up constantly over things I've said, done or even thought.

Also, I am forgetful as hell. People have said things to me like, "If it was important to you, you wouldn't have forgotten about it," but that's not true with me. I would literally forget my legs if I didn't need them to walk out of the house every day.

Another big weakness I have is that I'm as narcissistic as anybody you'll ever meet. There's a thin line between confidence and vanity, and I definitely cross over it more often than I should.

The last one is that I suffer from some sort of obsessive-compulsive cleanliness thing...not just personal hygiene stuff, but also with house and office cleaning routines. It's very tiring and I wish I could just relax and let dust settle on my TV or whatever, but I just can't for some reason. =/

Anyway, there are lots more, but those are the big ones.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DarkDraco911
Veteran Ninja

Member 426

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:08 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:08 AM #7 of 65
>_>
<_<

Well, I really hope no one laughs at me for this one but.... I'm afraid of:
  1. Spiders
  2. Heights
  3. Tight Spaces
  4. Death
  5. Being Hurt

FELIPE NO
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:08 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:08 PM #8 of 65
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
First of all, I am very, very critical of myself.
[...]
Another big weakness I have is that I'm as narcissistic as anybody you'll ever meet. There's a thin line between confidence and vanity, and I definitely cross over it more often than I should.
That sounds like a great mix...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:11 AM #9 of 65
Yeah, it's a regular party going on in my head:

TO MYSELF:
"Damn girl, you're looking good today!"

"You stupid bitch, stop this vain crap THIS INSTANT!"

Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:17 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:17 AM #10 of 65
I am, as most are, pretty antisocial. With friends I get along brilliantly, it's just that if I don't know anyone (and they're all older than me) I start to get pretty nervous and agitated indeed. Sucks, really.. but I'm working on it.

I let my moods dictate what I do far too often. There have been more than a few occasions where, if I had decided to stop being angry, I would have been able to do stuff I ended up kicking myself later for not doing. The worst part is the fact that I realize that, I could just say "yeah" and end up enjoying myself, but noooooooooo. I AM ANGRY AND I AM GOING TO STAY ANGRY AND NOT ENJOY MYSELF. Aaaarg.

I am also very, very short on self-belief/self-confidence. I'm always "no, I can't do this", "no, I can't do that", etc etc. This takes top priority in terms of trying to "fix myself".. I really do need at least some belief in myself.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Schadenfreude; Mar 3, 2006 at 11:19 AM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:17 AM #11 of 65
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
What are some of your major weaknesses and how do you accommodate for them in your daily living?
WOMEN. All the women in my life are crazy in some form or another. They also tend to be the goodlooking ones. Was telling Sass last night that if I could be attracted to cock, my life would be infinitely easier than dealing with this dramatic DeGrassi shit. I swear to God with my track record involving the opposite sex, it's a wonder that I'm not in the nuthouse.

I have a minor fear of BIG heights. Ladders I can get use to - I'm talking about fuckin "observation deck" heights. I also have a fear of deep water for legitimate and illegitimate reasons.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tir
Sneaky

Member 1176

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:34 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 08:34 PM #12 of 65
Well, I need to be in control of everything in my life. And that's pretty bad if you cannot be in control in everything, like in work. Like, if I wanna do some task that's within my grasp, and I know that I could do it really well, and it's passed to someone else instead, that's really pissing me off.

And my fear of relationships. Well, I'm in good terms with my co-workers, but when it comes to more intimidate relationships, I'm nervous. Perhaps it's because I'm never comfortable with guys of my own age, or because I don't trust people enough. Or perhaps it's because I want to stay independent. Blah, too difficult to answer.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:37 AM #13 of 65
Originally Posted by LeHah
WOMEN. All the women in my life are crazy in some form or another. They also tend to be the goodlooking ones. Was telling Sass last night that if I could be attracted to cock, my life would be infinitely easier than dealing with this dramatic DeGrassi shit. I swear to God with my track record involving the opposite sex, it's a wonder that I'm not in the nuthouse.
Like I said: Look at your personality. You have a tendency to attract pyschos with it. (Not that I am innocent, here.)

Don't feel bad, though. So many men seem to have the weakness of women that we females can easily exploit it. Its almost a blessing to be gay from the perspective of men. You're immune to the wiles of women.

Anyways, I have tons and tons of weaknesses. Lets see if I can nail them.

1.) Constant need for control. I think this one stems from the hardships I endured in my childhood. I can NOT stand people making decisions on my behalf when I have no say in them. This is MY life and I don't want people making important decisions for me. I am not bad at management - I think I have some pretty good management skills. I've also been pegged as a natural leader for some reason. But that could just be part of the next weakness.

2.) Pride. I am the most arrogant son of a bitch. I realize it and try not to be so arrogant and proud sometimes. I realize it's not something a lot of people want to put up with, but in my head at least 20 times a day, I think to myself "God, I am so fucking awesome."

3.) An overwhelming sense of obligation. I always obligate myself to everything and usually help anyone whenever they need help and bother asking for it. This really tires me out on a daily basis - I often take on much more than I can handle, but I always push myself to be productive and efficient so I CAN accomplish everything on my plate.

4.) Food. I fucking love food. Thats why I am fat. Because I eat a lot. That and I emotionally eat. I prevent myself from feeling most of the time because I regard emotions as a kind of weakness. I won't allow myself to feel a lot of things. Instead, I will eat food. Not in any huge portions, usually. But if I am sad, happy, celebrating, whatever, I eat.

5.) A resentment of any emotion but anger. Some people have called me the "angiest woman alive." This may well be true, but anger seems to be my only truly motivating emotion. Being sad never gets anything done - nor being happy. ANGER is a great motivator, and it combines with #2 to make a super working machine.

6.) The sense of being "productive" constantly. Almost every free moment of my day, I need to be doing something. If I spend a day of the weekend just sitting home, watching movies or whatever, I REALLY beat myself up. "I didn't get a fucking thing done today. Way to waste my time." In essence, I guess I hate wastes of time. Thats probably why I make everything into a competition. Its also why I smoke, I think. FIDGET.

Theres more, but those 6 essentially govern all of them. =/

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Mar 3, 2006 at 11:41 AM.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:45 AM #14 of 65
Wow. We are more alike than I thought. You already mentioned the pride thing, which I already admitted to having, but also:

Originally Posted by Sassafrass
2.) An overwhelming sense of obligation...
Ditto. If I could learn to say "no" every once in a while I'd be a lot better off.

Quote:
3.) Food. I fucking love food...
Me, too. I worship food, and I have no idea why. I tend to eat for the taste of it, not because I'm hungry. A couple of people have told me that putting as much emphasis on and enjoying something as much as I do food is a sin. Guess I'm hell-bound.

Quote:
5.) The sense of being "productive" constantly. Almost every free moment of my day, I need to be doing something...
This is why I'm tired all the time, I think.

Also, LeHah - I'm afraid of heights, too.

I wish people would stop posting their faults now, because I'm starting to think that I have every fault that a person can possibly have.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
wishfire
#27E3FF

Member 996

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:48 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:48 AM #15 of 65
Hmm, weaknesses. I've many, but I can list my majour ones.

-I'm an utter perfectionist, through and through. Which is bad, because hardly anything ever gets done because I'm still correcting it, even if it doesn't need it. Worked REAL well in school with anything that had partners, I assure you. Although I think I did my best to keep it down to a minimum.
-It takes a looooooot to piss me off, but when I do get there, I am a scary bitch. And I stay angry. For days, even when I'm out with my friends and attempting to have a good time. But, I'm working on getting rid of that. hopefully.
-Insane fear of heights. Like, incredibly insane. I've freaked out on the third floors of buildings before. All that means is that it's been truly a MAGICAL ADVENTURE when I need to fly anywhere. Sedatives, anyone?
-I'm overly critical of myself and have zilch on the confidence scale. Not just about looks, but about anything I do. Especially in the musical sense, mostly because I put plenty of heart into what I write.

There's other little quirks that would take forever to list, but those are the main ones.

FELIPE NO
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:54 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:54 AM #16 of 65
The weaknesses mentioned here can be summarizedup with the "seven sins". I have all of those (more or less with each). Don't plan to change though. It's what makes us human. That's also the source of our motivation to survive and rise higher.

Obviously everyone knows these seven sins, but I'll list them for reference anyways.

Quote:
Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity. (My strongest point)

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath. (Sass)

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

How ya doing, buddy?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:58 AM #17 of 65
Well, I don't have the last three. At least not enough to worry about.

Now I feel a little better.

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:17 PM #18 of 65
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
The weaknesses mentioned here can be summarizedup with the "seven sins". I have all of those (more or less with each). Don't plan to change though. It's what makes us human. That's also the source of our motivation to survive and rise higher.

Obviously everyone knows these seven sins, but I'll list them for reference anyways.
Did you know the seven sins are based on human nature? HOLY SHIT. WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED that the equation works in reality.

Come on, dude. Don't bring religion into this.

Most amazing jew boots
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:19 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:19 AM #19 of 65
How is the seven sins related into religion? Like you said, human nature. I only know how to call these traits by "seven sins".

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:22 PM #20 of 65
How is the seven sins related into religion? Like you said, human nature. I only know how to call these traits by "seven sins".
O, its quite a religious construct.

Check it out.

It's no coincidence that its based on the actual nature of mankind. Like religion itself, but no matter. Figure you may enjoy the link. Who knows.

But please - this about personal weaknesses - not about God. PLEASE, for the love of all things, DO NOT start a religious debate in here. ;_;

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:27 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:27 AM #21 of 65
Wow, it's totally religious. These traits have no other name that groups them together though.. I'll stick with calling them seven sins for convenience.

(Note about myself: I'm a scientific person and I don't follow religions. I may believe in god at times, but never a religion.)

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:31 PM #22 of 65
Wow, it's totally religious. These traits have no other name that groups them together though.. I'll stick with calling them seven sins for convenience.

(Note about myself: I'm a scientific person and I don't follow religions. I may believe in god at times, but never a religion.)
My apologies, then, on flipping out. I figured you were dragging religion into this when you mentioned them. I didn't realize that you actually didn't know that they were religious in nature - I thought you were just being snide.

I am sorry. ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:35 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:35 AM #23 of 65
Ahaha, no problem. You simply displayed one of your "weakness".

Furthermore I'm used to your "antics". ^ ^

Most amazing jew boots
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:38 PM #24 of 65
I'm insanely territorial. I can't stand it when people are in my space. It's not even a consious reaction when it happens but I ususally just flip out at people for the tiniest little things. I always feel stupid afterwards but it never stops it from happening. I'm also, far too sarcastic and synical for my own good. Oh, and I hate change. I like thinks to stay the way they are and any form of change is bad, not really sure why, I think it has something to do with my childhood or some crappy answer like that.

I'm also very fat.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Baaah~
Shadow Drax
Carob Nut

Member 285

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:35 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 07:35 PM #25 of 65
I tend to be very critical of myself, and sometimes a tad too quick to criticise both myself and my efforts. Depending on my mood and life circumstances, I suffer from a lack of confidence in myself (what I mean is, mostly I'll be fine, but sometimes I can be a bit....well, lacking in the confidence department!) I also have an annoying tendency to speak before I think, for example, this one guy in my class (who's really annoying, he's loud and irritating while the rest of us are trying to get work done) knows I can't stand him because I didn't look around before I said he was bugging me!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What are your weaknesses?