Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24 Redemption (Exile) and Pre-Season 7 Discussion

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2008, 04:47 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2008, 04:47 AM #1 of 15
Cool 24 Redemption (Exile) and Pre-Season 7 Discussion

24 REDEMPTION is an upcoming TV movie bridging the gap between the sixth and seventh season (January 11th) of 24.

It is airing this Sunday the 23rd. Everyone will be watching of course. I am excited, but not as excited as I probably should be since The Shield has blown my mind to bits. Anyway Bauer is back. Put spoilers in spoiler tags please.

Also, in case you miss it and if you are like me and want a hard copy, an extended director's cut is being released on DVD on Tuesday the 25th of November. Extras include commentary, "Making of" and "Children of War" featurettes, a brief summary of the sixth season, an alternate Season 7 trailer featuring scenes from the first fourteen episodes, and the first sixteen minutes of the Season 7 premiere episode.

Amazon.com: 24: Redemption: Robert Carlyle, Cherry Jones, Kiefer Sutherland, Jon Voight, Gil Bellows, Jon Cassar: Movies & TV

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:01 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2008, 11:01 AM #2 of 15
This is on Monday night here (10pm, Sky 1) and I'm rather looking forward to it. I thought Day 6 was a bit of a step down from the awesomeness of 4 and 5 so I'm hoping they've managed to get the series back on top form and I guess this pilot might give some indication of that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:25 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2008, 05:25 AM #3 of 15
I still think 4 and 6 is the worst out of the 6. I can only claim awesomeness on 1,2,3, and 5.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:09 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2008, 11:09 AM #4 of 15
Currently watching Season 4 right now... Should I just drop it and move on to 5?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:42 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2008, 06:42 PM #5 of 15
Kumai, no, trust me, don't. You will not understand 5 at all. Just bare with it (it gets better towards the end, and prepare yourself for the awesomeness of 5)

BZ, is the Shield really that good? I'm tempted to watch it, but I don't imagine it having twists and such which I love about 24. I'll be ripping the music of course of Redemption if Callery is composing (I guess he is?) Looking forward to the movie!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Thalin; Nov 22, 2008 at 01:45 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:05 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 12:05 AM #6 of 15
Yeah DONT skip a season Kamui!

Quote:
BZ, is the Shield really that good? I'm tempted to watch it, but I don't imagine it having twists and such which I love about 24.
In my honest opinion, the acting and writing is better than 24, and yes there there are twists and turns all over the place. You really never know what is going to happen. I would say they are equal on the unexpected happening. Kiefer is a killer actor, and most of the 24 cast is good, but the acting on The Shield is much more cohesive. The main actors, Sutherland and Chiklis are both equally insanely good actors. Also it is worth mentioning that while the first season is great material you really don't get super absorbed into the characters until season 2. At least that was the way for me. But don't even think of skipping any season since The Shield has the most continuity of any show I have ever seen, and watch out for spoilers for the love of god.

The Shield is also on the local level, not governmental like 24 by the way. At this point, with The Shield series coming to an end Tuesday, I put it above 24, but 24 could top it when all is said and done if season7,8, and 9 is great. The thing is, The Shield remained consistent in raising the bar with quality, while 24 has had some lapses.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Nov 23, 2008 at 12:09 AM.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:21 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2008, 10:21 AM #7 of 15
Thoughts? Opinions? With spoilers please, as i'm watching it tonight.

What was the music like? Was there music at all?

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:49 AM #8 of 15
Overall, I enjoyed it. The movie dragged in some places, mostly because there was lots of exposition, setting up the next season, but there weren't many shocking twists. Top notch action sequences, with Jack proving he still knows a healthy variety of ways to kill his foes in hand-to-hand combat. I didn't spot any gaping holes in logic, so I'd say it was better than last season.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:20 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2008, 07:20 PM #9 of 15
Take this with a grain of salt considering how big of a 24 fanboy I am, but this movie totally renewed my faith in the series. It kept me engaged the whole time (which is something I can't say S6 beyond its first four episodes), it had plenty of cool action moments, and the change of pace in bad guys definitely gave it a fresh feel. I was almost kind of sad that it went off without exploring more of the General Juma angle, but seeing him in the trailer for S7 got me excited once more.

The one major weak spot was that you could see the ending coming from a mile away. It was still pretty dramatic to see it play out (though maybe a little too much due to how many fakeouts they had), but I wish they had found some way to make it a little less obvious. But other than that it was great, and I really enjoyed it. Even the presidential stuff was pretty good, despite how skeptical I was about them having a female President at first.

So yeah, there's no question I'm buying the DVD tomorrow (why the fuck haven't they released any 24 on Blu-ray yet?), even though I probably would have bought it if it had sucked (like how I bought S6 on DVD when it first came out and still haven't watched it yet). I'm interested to see what the extra footage is comprised of, and of course I definitely want to see the S7 preview. January 11 can't come soon enough.

Most amazing jew boots
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2008, 02:40 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2008, 02:40 AM #10 of 15
I wont watch the clip preview of season 7 on the Redemption dvd, because it will be littered with spoilers, however, I pretty sure like the first 15 minutes of the first episode in on it too, so I might just watch that, since it is not spoiling anything because it will be exactly what I will see come January anyway.

All in all, the movie didn't feel very 24ish, but I thought that was a good thing here. Superb acting all around, even by the Africans. And what a great great scene at the gate near the end . <3

How ya doing, buddy?
Josh_1
Organization XIII

Member 1596

Level 17.46

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2008, 03:08 AM #11 of 15
The movie was so action packed that it was over before it began! My appetite returns once more since this left me wanting to see more. The music was good, from what I noticed. It's funny that the two hours for Redemption was better than Season 6, heh. And I like the new president, although I think Daniels was hiding something when he relinquished his position. There were a lot of things that can speculated on... I'm also wondering what place (if any at all) in the new administration is Jon Voight's character. Might he be a traitorous cabinet member seeking to profit from the brewing war in Africa? Ugh.... I can't wait to see it all unfold next year.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2008, 06:09 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2008, 11:09 AM #12 of 15
Just to let everyone know, the first 17 minutes of Season 7 have been ripped from the Redemption DVD and posted over at PirateBay. I've watched it, and it looks promising! Can't wait until January!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:11 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2009, 11:11 AM 2 #13 of 15
Only 9 days to go! AAAAAAAAAH!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:25 PM #14 of 15
I wonder if I'm the only one like this:

I really love the show and have seen every episode, but don't like to wait from week to week to see what's going to happen. Furthermore I'd have to make sure I'm doing nothing every week at that time, and I'm not going to plan my life around a television show. As such I just wait until the end of the season download all the episodes and watch them over a weekend. I hardly watch television at all, and don't know anyone who's really into the show and thus I don't have to worry about any spoilers. To me doing it this way makes so much more sense.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:33 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 02:33 AM #15 of 15
Yeah good plan, the show is better that way. I just won't be able to avoid the spoilers so I won't be doing it.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24 Redemption (Exile) and Pre-Season 7 Discussion