Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Not a Muslim? Can't say Allah in Malaysia.
Closed Thread

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:02 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 01:02 PM #1 of 54
Not a Muslim? Can't say Allah in Malaysia.

Malaysia's internal security ministry has recently ruled that the term Allah may no longer be used by non-Muslims.

And of course, there's an outcry about it already.

Other than the LOL factor this elicited in me, I get a distinct feeling - fair or not - that Muslims really want to impose their will on everyone else. If they're in the minority, they protest about religious discrimination and start rebellions (vs. Catholics in the Philippines, vs. Buddhists in Thailand, vs. Hindus in Kashmir). If they're in the majority (say, Middle East), they start discriminating against other religions.

I find this rather unfair. What are your thoughts?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:06 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 02:06 PM 4 1 #2 of 54
They're all terrorists, bomb them, etc.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
killerpineapple
Chocobo

Member 18440

Level 10.84

Jan 2007

Old Dec 29, 2007, 02:12 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 12:12 AM #3 of 54
I think that one of the tenets of the Moslem faith is the pursuit of a Moslem state. I'm not sure what you can do about it in countries with an Islamic government. Places where they are the minority it tends not to be a problem except when the peace is interrupted by radicals.

There are people who say that the Koran encourages the killing of "infidels", but Moslems are also supposed to adhere to the ten commandments. Even if they are seeking to form in Islamic government in the places they live, it would be unfair to use violence to achieve those goals.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Blades Of Ice
=O

Member 6689

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 02:48 AM #4 of 54
This is like saying atheists can no longer use the word God or any words referring to the holy trinity. It's hard not to refer to God when it often shows up in our everyday life and in the news on a daily basis. Though, I'm kind of amused when I think of the black population's use of the "N" word. They can go about and use it as they will, but the caucasion population better not use it because that's just racist!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 02:56 AM 1 #5 of 54
This is really more of an issue of a powerful lobby trying to claim ownership and exclusive entitlement to a word. The surrounding agendas are moot; this is simply selective censorship. Of course, I find it foolish, but I'm not a Muslim, I don't attach any more value to the term "Allah" than I do "God" or "Buddha".

Originally Posted by Zergrinch
I get a distinct feeling - fair or not - that Muslims really want to impose their will on everyone else.
Naturally, but this shouldn't be a stark revelation. Hasn't world history been an unending series of bodies attempting to impose their wills on those perceived as weaker? Isn't this the basis of the two-party system right here in the United States?

Quote:
If they're in the minority, they protest about religious discrimination and start rebellions (vs. Catholics in the Philippines, vs. Buddhists in Thailand, vs. Hindus in Kashmir). If they're in the majority (say, Middle East), they start discriminating against other religions.
Again, not a radical leap forward for society. This describes the behaviors of many minorities. I don't mean to defend zealots but history proves that this behavior is certainly effective. Wheedle and whine until you get what you want, then start building picket fences to keep your most recent benefactors out.

This is overstating the issue, I'm aware. Clearly the Muslims are stepping over boundaries whose relevance is proven through ancient texts; the term "Allah" is multitheic. To put it another way, imagine if the Vatican tried to lay claim to the term "Jesus", stating that no non-Catholic church could keep or distribute texts containing the word "Jesus". Can you imagine the noise that would be produced by the Baptists? Can you deny their right to speak the name of "Jesus"?

I'm curious to know about the political connections and history of the Malaysian security ministers. The leaders of the Muslim faith, the true spiritual advisors, likely wouldn't seek this sort of censorship. It's the fringe organizations within the faith that most often seek to erect such social borders.

This isn't what Islam teaches.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:23 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 01:23 AM #6 of 54
I think that Muslims the world over are begging for people to dislike them.

It's harder and harder for me to try to be the tolerant, fair defender of this 'beautiful faith' while they are acting like the Catholic Church c. 1218.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:37 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 03:37 AM 5 #7 of 54
Personally, I must concede to the fact that I am too drunk to participate in this argument in this exact moment. But I must make this statement.

Their beliefs do not coincide with natural moralities. At least in the situaion that Zergrinch brings up anyhow. Why should non Muslims be restricted from saying Allah. What if someone wants to say 'Allah' in their novel? Do they have to go through the Arabian Embassy to get approval? They should be allowed to just say it. Its a factual name in the culture and therefore there should be no restrictions. That'd be like my church hating on people who don't attend saying 'You can't say Jesus'. I'd be like, "Go fuck yourselfs, I'm not helping out a at a church that doesn't accept others no matter the differences."

I don't think the Muslims have any right restricting the rights of who can say "Allah". It's just stupid to try and restrict that.

(P.S. I pressed the enter key but i missed and hit some other key, and my screen started freaking out. Imagine that.)

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Smelnick; Jan 2, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:50 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 02:50 AM 8 #8 of 54
*walks into Malaysia*

"Allah."

*sad horn sound plays*

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:51 AM #9 of 54
Personally, I must concede to the fact that I am too drunk to participate in this argument in this exact moment. But I must make this statement.

"I hate Muslims"

Their beliefs do not coincide with natural moralities. At least in the situaion that Zergrinch brings up anyhow. Why should non Muslims be restricted from saying Allah. What if someone wants to say 'Allah' in their novel? Do they have to go through the Arabian Embassy to get approval? They should be allowed to just say it. Its a factual name in the culture and therefore there should be no restrictions. That'd be like my church hating on people who don't attend saying 'You can't say Jesus'. I'd be like, "Go fuck yourselfs, I'm not helping out a at a church that doesn't accept others no matter the differences."

I don't think the Muslims have any right restricting the rights of who can say "Allah". It's just stupid to try and restrict that.

(P.S. I pressed the enter key but i missed and hit some other key, and my screen started freaking out. Imagine that.)

Way to let the actions of a few distort your perceptions of the many. There's really nothing wrong with the Islamic faith. I don't agree with some of its values but when followed purely, the practitioners are mild, peace-seeking folks. It's a conservative religion to be sure, but once you dig beneath the sensationalism, they share many of the same virtues and goals as Christians, Hindus and Jews.

The Muslims that you see in the news, radicals, terrorists and hatemongers, they don't represent Islam any more than Charles Manson represented Christianity. They're fringe outsiders, estranged from the central faith by their extremist views. They're denounced by the Islamic council and are within the infinitessimal minority of Muslims. They're funded not by churches but by those with desperate political motives. Osama Bin Laden may speak of the Qur'an but he is certainly no true Muslim.

Drunk or not, Smelnick, open your eyes and gain some perspective.

Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 04:06 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 04:06 AM 2 #10 of 54
I'm drunk, and I was wrong. I do hate Muslims, and it's purely a racist belief. I know nothing of the Muslim faith and thus I automatically judge it. The only thing I know of Muslims is what I see on the news. I don't like it. I'm researching it as I speak,( the muslim faith that is). and I can see that it is as legitimate as my own christian beliefs. As for liimiting who can say 'Allah', thats dumb. That has no purpose as far as I can see. So let me retract my previous statements. Muslims are trying to be logical about their conflict, but they have stupid leaders that attempt to start wars where wars are not starting. Muslims aren't co adjoint with my own beliefs but they deserve some thought so I'm gonna read about them and then post a better formed opinion. Sorry for my drunken posting.

Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 04:20 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 02:20 AM 1 #11 of 54
Although I am not prejudice or drunk I can't help but feel somewhat frightened or defensive when I think about the Angry Islam that wants to impose itself everywhere. For someone like myself, just an average shmuck, it's tough to think this kind of pickle through. On one side I want to find equality but on the other side I realize that these people think they are 100% correct and want to me to believe it too. That or kill me.

It is a small % of Islam that is like this but regardless, to impose such a law is simply ridiculous.

Then again I'd hate to preach to the choir.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mephisto
Chocobo

Member 7061

Level 11.05

May 2006

Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:36 AM Local time: Dec 30, 2007, 04:36 PM #12 of 54
This is strange, since the word Allah wasn't invented by the muslims. The arab christians - who existed before the arab muslims - have always used the word allah when they are talking about their own christian god. The same is true for the arab-speaking jews, they use the same word. The Malaysian government - not arab - should probably learn more about arabic, before they make stupid laws like this one.

Most amazing jew boots
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:14 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 01:14 PM #13 of 54
Well, the idiot ministry who threatened the Catholic newsletter's license if they didn't stop using the magic word has apparently done a complete 360, and is now renewing the license with "no strings attached".

Just another thing to laugh at. Like the Petronas Twin Towers' spires.

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:09 AM #14 of 54
This isn't what Islam teaches.
You're the one talking about history, Mr. Landon, so since when do the religious do as their religion professes to teach? Hell, since when does any major organization?

Originally Posted by Mephisto
This is strange, since the word Allah wasn't invented by the muslims.
Again with the history, there's a habit people have of taking things invented by others and claiming it as their own.

This is, quite simply, lulz. There's no room for argument as whether this course of action is "right" or even "legal." I say we bomb Malasyia back into the Stone Age for their blatant and disgusting violation of human rights.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Ballpark Frank; Dec 31, 2007 at 01:10 AM. Reason: lulz
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 02:34 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 03:34 PM #15 of 54
I say we deport all Muslims from Malaysia to Australia.

FELIPE NO
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 05:17 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 06:17 PM #16 of 54
That'll go down so well here in White Australia.

Also Christians never seem to like the way I use word like "God" and "Jesus Christ" sure, I'm swearing, but they're being just as retarded as these Malaysians.

Last edited by RABicle; Dec 31, 2007 at 05:23 AM.
Mephisto
Chocobo

Member 7061

Level 11.05

May 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:09 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 03:09 PM #17 of 54
You're the one talking about history, Mr. Landon, so since when do the religious do as their religion professes to teach? Hell, since when does any major organization?

Again with the history, there's a habit people have of taking things invented by others and claiming it as their own.
Are you somehow assuming that I wouldn't know that?!

Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:45 AM #18 of 54
As a Muslim, I do tend to find that regulation rather absurd. The Islamic world though, needs to come to grips with a fundamental issue. Ever since the caliphate, it has always been looking to rebuild its empire and restore the former glory. But it keeps missing one fundamental point, which is that hundreds of years ago, Islam was the engine for global progress. Islam, as it is practiced in most places however, is now a speed-brake on that very development.

People as a whole need to come to terms with what it is they actually want, and what their aims will be as a result. But in the mean time, Malaysia is completely out of line.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:12 PM Local time: Jan 1, 2008, 01:12 AM #19 of 54
Well they're back in line really, Blah the Singaporean has said that the Malays have realised they were being lolcows.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:57 PM #20 of 54
Fuck you too buddy. What have I ever done to get your hatred. I'm sure that your religion is all nectar and ambrosia, and that no one ever makes a mistake or overreacts.

Jeez... Some people.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:34 PM Local time: Jan 1, 2008, 02:34 AM #21 of 54
I know of Muslims is what I see on the news
Most things you usually see on the news aren't portrayed accurately otherwise nobody would watch it, showing the extremist stuff gets the ratings.

Andrew
The Danger Arranger

Member 884

Level 3.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:00 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2008, 12:00 AM #22 of 54
What if people speak Spanish in Malaysia, and say something beginning with "Ojalá que"? It means "May Allah grant that..." and is extremely common in the language, used to express something like "I really hope that..."

Language legislation doesn't work well. That is my opinion.

Most amazing jew boots
—Andrew Owen
http://www.angelfishy.net/

A brother of ΦΜΑ Sinfonia.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:22 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 06:22 AM #23 of 54
There are people who say that the Koran encourages the killing of "infidels", but Moslems are also supposed to adhere to the ten commandments. Even if they are seeking to form in Islamic government in the places they live, it would be unfair to use violence to achieve those goals.
nothing there in qoran killing of infidels,and which mean about ten commandments?

I think that Muslims the world over are begging for people to dislike them.

It's harder and harder for me to try to be the tolerant, fair defender of this 'beautiful faith' while they are acting like the Catholic Church c. 1218.
why that will hate Muslims,they belief word Allah is like holy.that nothing will never change for you.

Way to let the actions of a few distort your perceptions of the many. There's really nothing wrong with the Islamic faith. I don't agree with some of its values but when followed purely, the practitioners are mild, peace-seeking folks. It's a conservative religion to be sure, but once you dig beneath the sensationalism, they share many of the same virtues and goals as Christians, Hindus and Jews.

The Muslims that you see in the news, radicals, terrorists and hatemongers, they don't represent Islam any more than Charles Manson represented Christianity. They're fringe outsiders, estranged from the central faith by their extremist views. They're denounced by the Islamic council and are within the infinitessimal minority of Muslims. They're funded not by churches but by those with desperate political motives. Osama Bin Laden may speak of the Qur'an but he is certainly no true Muslim.

Drunk or not, Smelnick, open your eyes and gain some perspective.
That's right,most people think most Muslims are terrorists,that not ture.Osama Bin Laden not true Muslim (most muslim annoyed about him he misstate meaning of Islam)

This is strange, since the word Allah wasn't invented by the muslims. The arab christians - who existed before the arab muslims - have always used the word allah when they are talking about their own christian god. The same is true for the arab-speaking jews, they use the same word. The Malaysian government - not arab - should probably learn more about arabic, before they make stupid laws like this one.
The Word Allah in the Arabic Bible
Allah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most things you usually see on the news aren't portrayed accurately otherwise nobody would watch it, showing the extremist stuff gets the ratings.
yeah,most news "specially" for USA give totally wrong information.not real news

FELIPE NO
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 06:10 AM #24 of 54
nothing there in qoran killing of infidels,and which mean about ten commandments?
In the below passages, substitute "infidels" for "unbelievers."

Originally Posted by Koran
8:12, I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.

8:65, O Prophet! rouse the Believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers.

9:5, But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem.

9:14, Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers,

47:4, Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.

9:73, O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell - an evil refuge indeed.

9:123, O ye who believe! fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you: and know that Allah is with those who fear Him.
This is not a commentary on the religion of Islam, nor is this meant to illustrate any viewpoint I may have towards said religion. I'm merely pointing how incredibly stupid Ryu is.

Additional Spam:
Are you somehow assuming that I wouldn't know that?!
Assuming? No, I'm not assuming anything. Your post insinuated you did not know that, don't blame me if you can't accurately convey your thoughts.

Last edited by Ballpark Frank; Jan 3, 2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 09:11 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 05:11 PM #25 of 54
@Fresh Frank:you can give source that you posted?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Not a Muslim? Can't say Allah in Malaysia.