Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Monitor is tasting the rainbow.

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 12:40 PM #1 of 7
Monitor is tasting the rainbow.

Now by all accounts this seems to be a video card problem. But I've changed my video card/tried another monitor on my pc/tried my monitor on another PC to test this and the problem only appears on mine.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 215TW 21 inch wide screen LCD Monitor. The problem is about 3 inches down from the top of the screen I have 2 lines running across from one side to the other that look like some rainbowy pixel distortion that doesnt go away no matter what I do.

The reason why I thought it was a video card problem was because I change the resolution the distortion moves around and changes sizes to match the resolution change. Like when I start up windows and its running the bios, the distortion is at the bottom of the screen and its HUGE.
Also when I switch the channels on my monitor from analog(computer channel) to AV(component cable channel) the distortion only shows up in the analog channel. So I have no idea. Maybe is the wires or the connectors?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Cam
troll

Member 2604

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:59 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2007, 12:59 PM #2 of 7
I believe I had a similar but much worse problem before, the video card was pretty much dead aside from the fact it "worked", replacement solved the problem.
I suppose you can try to make sure the card is in all the way, or tighten the cable connection, but it's most likely your video card needs to go.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 02:58 PM #3 of 7
I switched my video card with another and I tried my monitor on another computer that wasnt having any video problems and the distorion remained.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 03:10 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2007, 01:10 PM #4 of 7
If you put your monitor on a different computer with a different video card, does it still have the problem?

If you put a different monitor on your computer with your current video card does it still have the same problem?

It's a little unclear what your answer is to each one.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 03:50 PM #5 of 7
If you put your monitor on a different computer with a different video card, does it still have the problem?

If you put a different monitor on your computer with your current video card does it still have the same problem?
Sorry.
1. Yes
2. No

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 07:39 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2007, 05:39 PM #6 of 7
Then there's something wrong with your monitor.

My dad has a LCD TV that has an entire of column of pixels that display as a load of stuck pink pixels. I think there's probably some switch inside the electronics hardware that gets stuck permanently on some setting and doesn't respond to other signals, so it just always shows the same thing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Adol
Wind of the Plains.

Member 17840

Level 9.35

Jan 2007

Old Nov 10, 2007, 12:09 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2007, 12:09 AM #7 of 7
If your computer has a DVI output, you could try hooking up the monitor using that instead of VGA. Your post makes it sound like it might be a problem with just the input that you're using.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Monitor is tasting the rainbow.