Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Fire Emblem Wii coming to America + media

Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 04:36 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 02:36 PM #1 of 28
Fire Emblem Wii coming to America + media

http://rpgland.com/content/?p=276
(8 pieces of visual work in total.)

I've heard its not really going to use much of that Wiimote motion sensing stuff, which I think is great, because Fire Emblem doesn't need that shit anyway. Cool stuff. Long live Fire Emblem.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:05 PM #2 of 28
Wow, looks pretty awesome. It looks like the Wiimote is all you need in terms of control. It also looks like it's going to use the NES-Wiimote Control scheme of sideways Wii too, since Buttons 1 and 2 are used. Then again, I don't think the series ever needed much more outside of 2 buttons and a d-pad.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:52 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:52 PM #3 of 28
Damn, it took them along enough! I'll be purchasing my Wii on the day it's released; hopefully it's released this year. I prefer the NES-style controls as well, so thank goodness IS didn't feel the need to add some useless control scheme.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:55 PM #4 of 28
Awwww snap, the Wyvern Rider in the second pic looks like JILL. <3 I hear a lot of the characters from the original return, including the
Spoiler:
motherfucking Black Knight
. I seriously can't wait. I hadn't even considered owning a Wii until I heard this was coming out.

Only game I'll ever buy for it, confirmed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Jul 11, 2007 at 10:00 PM.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 03:11 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 01:11 AM #5 of 28
Virtually every character returns in some capacity, even guys who had no roles (one of the primary antagonists is a guy who had maybe all of 30 seconds of screentime in Path of Radiance). I was wondering when they'd officially announce this.

Somewhat decent day of Nintendo news.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jul 12, 2007 at 03:18 AM.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 03:29 AM #6 of 28
I've owned Path of Radiance for ages and I'm still only up to around mission 7. At least this is a good incentive to finally start playing it again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:51 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 11:51 PM #7 of 28
Why are we talking about strategy gamesin the RPG Forum? Just because Fire Emblem has crappy storylines involving princesses and mercenaries, doesn't make it an RPG.

FELIPE NO
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:02 AM 1 #8 of 28
Why are we talking about strategy gamesin the RPG Forum? Just because Fire Emblem has crappy storylines involving princesses and mercenaries, doesn't make it an RPG.
Because it's a Tactical/Strategy RPG. Notice that last part in the sentence there. I know you're dumb, but it can't be that hard to understand.

unless you really are that dumb, in which case i feel sorry for you

Most amazing jew boots

#654: Braixen
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:25 PM 1 #9 of 28
RABicle doesn't even know what Fire Emblem is, he just wanted to post here to sound cool. Don't worry about him.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:54 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 10:54 AM #10 of 28
Who here really knows Fire Emblem, though? It's an old series that's really only just begun in other regions.

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:51 PM #11 of 28
The first Fire Emblem game I've played was Fire Emblem 4 (SNES), which just blew every single tactical RPG game since out of the water (save Final Fantasy Tactics).

As for being an RPG, I call most turn based game with some levelling system an RPG, so it fits my definition.

Anyways, this has only been announced right? Or is there a tentative release date already?

How ya doing, buddy?

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:55 PM #12 of 28
This game was announced back when the Wii launched. It was just given a release date of November 5th yesterday. Not far off, though I'd been hoping for a summer release.

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 02:04 PM #13 of 28
This game was announced back when the Wii launched. It was just given a release date of November 5th yesterday. Not far off, though I'd been hoping for a summer release.
Oh, well damn, that makes this news twice as sweet. I still need to find a Wii though. I've had no luck tracking one down since I got home from college.

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:56 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 07:56 PM #14 of 28
I was hoping for a closer date, but Nov. 5th is fine. Hopefully, by that time it won't be too hard to find a Wii.

Hmm. It's released one month before Smash Bros., which means it'll mostly be ignored. That's too bad.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:13 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2007, 07:13 PM #15 of 28
God fucking dammit! I went to Wikipedia to confirm if this was true:

I hear a lot of the characters from the original return, including the
Spoiler:
motherfucking Black Knight
I realized right now that I hadn't actually heard much about this character from fans and reports on the game. But, of course, the article they have for the list of characters casually tosses out this person's true identity.

So, yeah. The story is going to be awesome, so do yourself a favor and don't go to Wikipedia to read up on anything. You'll be doing so at your own risk!

FELIPE NO
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:28 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2007, 11:28 PM #16 of 28
Because it's a Tactical/Strategy RPG. Notice that last part in the sentence there. I know you're dumb, but it can't be that hard to understand.

unless you really are that dumb, in which case i feel sorry for you
Oh I see now! It's an RPG because you say so! How could I be so fucking stupid?

RABicle doesn't even know what Fire Emblem is, he just wanted to post here to sound cool. Don't worry about him.

So, yeah. The story is going to be awesome, so do yourself a favor and don't go to Wikipedia to read up on anything. You'll be doing so at your own risk!
You are kidding right? I bought Path of Radience, played it for a few hours and promptly sold it based soley on how awful the story was. You cannot take bloody MERCENARiES talkinga bout justice and what is morally right. They're fucking SELL SWORDS, they kill people for money and somehow they managed to fill a whole game of them talking about ethics. What the fuck?
And then there's the fact that every Fire Emblem story boils down to the same thing: Good looking people fighting Ugly people. If one of the bad guys is good looking, you can be sure that he or she is questioning her orders or sympathetic to the goodies cause. It sickens me.

Pfft Path of Radience. THere was taht big guy right? i dunno he was the leader of your band of sell swords and like, I dunno we were in some cave and he and the bad chick found some inexplicable reason to leave and battle alone or some nonsense. He was a leader of the other side toow asn't he? Couldn't see taht shit a mile off.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by RABicle; Jul 21, 2007 at 10:35 AM.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:15 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2007, 09:15 AM #17 of 28
You are kidding right? I bought Path of Radience, played it for a few hours and promptly sold it based soley on how awful the story was. You cannot take bloody MERCENARiES talkinga bout justice and what is morally right. They're fucking SELL SWORDS, they kill people for money and somehow they managed to fill a whole game of them talking about ethics. What the fuck?
You did at least read a story synopsis before you began arguing that it had a shitty story, right? Knowing Greil's background is sort of important to this. At the very least, it's easy to argue the Greil Mercenaries were so virtuous because the group consisted only of those who wanted to help people. Secondly, the Greil Mercenaries made a decent living protecting villages from bandits, so I don't see why they wouldn't play the good guys if they could make their living that way, too.

Quote:
And then there's the fact that every Fire Emblem story boils down to the same thing: Good looking people fighting Ugly people. If one of the bad guys is good looking, you can be sure that he or she is questioning her orders or sympathetic to the goodies cause. It sickens me.
Look up some of the allies from Sword of Seals-- namely Niime, Dorothy, Gonzales, Barth, Bors, and Treck. Those are some ugly buggers right there. Anyway, the first 15 or so chapters always have the ugly fucks. After that, the enemies generally look as good or as normal are the hero's team.

Quote:
Pfft Path of Radience. THere was taht big guy right? i dunno he was the leader of your band of sell swords and like, I dunno we were in some cave and he and the bad chick found some inexplicable reason to leave and battle alone or some nonsense. He was a leader of the other side toow asn't he? Couldn't see taht shit a mile off.
No.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jul 21, 2007 at 11:17 AM.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2007, 06:05 PM #18 of 28
Yeah, I'm not following this. Why even single out Fire Emblem for these things when most of what you said are staples of JRPGS in general? Oh right, because you are a stupid fuck who says Fire Emblem isn't one (lol!) and then goes on to decide that the series is a piece of shit despite it's raging popularity in and OUT of Japan. My mistake. I thought I was discussing this with someone that mattered.

Generic really covered the rest, especially that last bit where you pretended to predict the storyline and ended up being completely wrong. Good show.

Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2007, 08:51 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 09:51 AM #19 of 28
Fire Emblem plays out almost exactly like Advance Wars. It's a strategy game. I don't see why you guys think that me calling it a strategy game makes it any worse, I love strategy.

But I sure as hell don't play Fire Emblem for it's story. Sometimes I even get sore from cringing so much.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:27 AM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 09:27 AM #20 of 28
You didn't really answer me, though. Did you at least read a story synopsis? Even I'd admit that none of the Fire Emblems start off with any real originality.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 09:37 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 10:37 PM #21 of 28
Of course I didn't read it.

Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 09:53 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 07:53 AM #22 of 28
Few threads have seen one make a bigger jackass of oneself than RABicle in this one. Bookmarking now.

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:30 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 02:00 AM 1 1 #23 of 28
and then goes on to decide that the series is a piece of shit despite it's raging popularity in and OUT of Japan.
I love how you relate the quality of the series to its popularity.

How ya doing, buddy?
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 07:22 PM 2 #24 of 28
I love how you pretend a series can do amazing in Japan and then be a raging success for the GBA when it finally comes out in America, along with each entry afterwards still selling 'good to excellent' and pretend that could be any sort of indication other than the series is good.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 01:09 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 12:09 AM 1 #25 of 28
A lot of things sell well even if they aren't quality. Final Fantasy. Fords. Budweiser. iPods.

What's your fucking point?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Jul 30, 2007 at 09:47 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Fire Emblem Wii coming to America + media