Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

And what of the rest of the world!?

Kiri
Whatever happens, remember to protect me.

Member 1268

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 01:03 AM #1 of 6
And what of the rest of the world!?

I know that there is that "Holiday Traditions" thread already up but this has nothing to do with traditions.

It has to do with everything else!!!!

As everyone knows, December is by far the most sociable and most forcoming due to its massive amounts of holidays. But seriously, what's with some of these holidays these days? They used to mean completely different things many ages ago and now they've been milked for all they are worth.

WHY!?

Aside from pondering the questions that most kids ponder at young ages, like the whole "Santa Claus" bit, what I want to know are some of the most interesting yet bizzare questions you can come up with in regards to the holidays (doesn't have to be limited to December in its entity).

I mean hell... how did the whole Easter bit turn into a "bunny" fiasco? What's with the damn eggs!? What the hell does that really have to do with what Easter really means? Or some of the lesser holidays which alot of people don't even know about.... why do they exist in the first place? Who came up with these things?

It's not a matter of putting down the holiday season. It's a matter of questioning how they came to be in the first place, how they ended up as they are, and the impossibilities that so many people in this world actually believe.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 02:08 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 12:08 AM #2 of 6
Here's the story on Festivus... Everyone in the world is welcome: a Festivus for the rest of us!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Maico; Dec 6, 2006 at 02:10 AM.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 02:10 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 03:10 PM #3 of 6
Eh, did you try looking in the internet. Did you know you can search in Google for information regarding the history of certain festivals/holidays? Besides, didn't they teach you some of those in school?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kiri
Whatever happens, remember to protect me.

Member 1268

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 01:20 AM #4 of 6
Nope, lived under a rock all my life...

Didn't you ever wonder something in regards to a holiday? It could be anything. No seriousness in that, just questioning the observance of a holiday being totally rhetorical compared to the actual meaning of that holiday.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 02:28 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 03:28 PM #5 of 6
Holidays are observed differently in different parts of the world. Easter for the US might involve rabbits and eggs, while here in the Philippines it's all about whipping your back till it bleeds. It really depends on the culture/belief of the people celebrating the said "holiday".

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 12:36 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 12:36 PM #6 of 6
Everyone had developed into their own style and culture. Culture is ever moving so to explain how things became they way they are is by looking at how society has evolved throughout time. As stated before, Easter in North America is different to other places in the world.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > And what of the rest of the world!?