Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Do you loop certain VGM track?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 12:53 AM #1 of 14
Do you loop certain VGM track?

Well, sometime I put a single track in my playlist and listening just that one song for hours. I usually do this with psf files where the time tag could be set to infinity. Basically vgm are played infinitely during gameplay, it's just OST and gamerip put fadeout on the music.

Right now I'm listening to 201 Variation from Saga Frontier II. I dont know why, but I could stand listening this single piece for more than 3 hours. The music is just so relaxing and makes me remember the breeze atmosphere when I played the game for the first time. I dont have much tracks to be looped though.

Well, do you enjoy listening certain VGM track, looped and solely played for hours?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 04:10 PM #2 of 14
Nothing in particular...just depends on what I feel like listening to at the time. A couple songs that I kept on loop for awhile recently are Outside Brandon's Home (from SotW 70) and Diapason (from Ace Combat Zero).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 02:35 PM #3 of 14
I used to do this all time time when I would code and design my web pages. I mainly played PSFs from MegaMan 8 and Final Fantasy X. Basically, any kind of music that was soft and didn't sound epic or anything to distract me (background music, essentially). Some of my favorites were "Tengu Man's stage" from MM8, "Sprouting" and that desert theme from FFX, and the odd tune from FF7.

It's easy to kind of 'forget about' what music you're listening to if you're in a groove. I should really try this again as I haven't in years.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 03:08 PM #4 of 14
I played the Innocense sample track from ZX Tunes for about an hour. I also did that with a few tracks from the Rockman Zero 4 Remastered Tracks.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chiribo

Syklis Green

Member 2240

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:32 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 12:32 AM #5 of 14
Rarely in regards to VGM tracks, but that's probably because I don't have that many VGM tracks

My fave one to do it with, vgm side, tends to be Besaid Island - FFX OST I just love that tune

I do tend to leave on some anime tunes playing non stop for ages too ^_^

I was speaking idiomatically.
May contain traces of sarcasm, cynicism and pink fluffy bunnies
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 07:57 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 02:57 AM #6 of 14
I remember I used to have some Chrono Trigger tracks loop for entire nights in the early SPC days. I had to switch tracks manually, and sometimes I just forgot the track already looped a dozen times, as I was so absorbed in what I was doing, and the music playing at that moment was so sticking to it that my brain entered some kind of dynamic based on the music itself. Kind of hard to explain, but I'm sure you guys see what I mean. Tracks like the 600AD, 1000AD and Forest themes are the ones I'm talking about.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 08:17 PM #7 of 14
I used to be able to do this a lot (I filled up an entire tape with Springman's theme from Megaman 7 once), but not anymore. It has to do with the quantity of quality music going up over the years, so I'm eager to get to as much as possible.

Most recent "OMFG CAN't ST0P L1STEN1ING" tracks were "Eight Melodies" from Jailbreak (Jesus is Dead) and "Battle vs Toka and Ge" (Wild Arms Rocking Heart). Think I went 8-9 times on both the first time I heard them.

FELIPE NO
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 08:49 PM #8 of 14
I've done it with Metroid Prime - Ice Valley (DSP looped infinitely) (which is for some reason tagged as Phenendora Drifts in the BSC2006)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 09:43 AM #9 of 14
Quote:
My fave one to do it with, vgm side, tends to be Besaid Island - FFX OST I just love that tune
Agreed, that tune is beautiful. It's really relaxing and sometime I play it looped as well. I completely forgot about FF X in my fist post, I usually loop Sight of Spira, it's the other relaxing music in FF X OST.

Sometime I'm wondering why I cant be bored when listening to looped music. Maybe because vgm originally intended that way?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 09:57 PM #10 of 14
F-zero Maximum Velocity's Empyrean Colony is easily my longest endeavour, I looped that bastard for 4 hours while computer activities were being done. It's not even remotely long, around 48 seconds before the loop, which amounts to a superlarge amount of loops. It was awesome.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Draz
Not-So-Tortured Poet

Member 5387

Level 7.02

Apr 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 08:57 PM #11 of 14
I'm more prone to getting addicted to OSTs than I am to a particular song, mostly because if I consciously want to hear my music (which I usually do), I'll only play the songs I like, and I don't like doing that, because then I get bored of them. I've left the Armored Core 3: Silent Line OST on for a whole day, and just grooved to it on the occasion that I actually noticed it was playing. Otherwise, it's just nice music to live to... but that's probably true of any VGM track or OST.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Signatures are so overrated...

Pretentious Music Blather. <--- Music snobbery, not currently updated. Worth reading anyway.
xMxEdGaRx
Carob Nut

Member 13752

Level 6.55

Oct 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:55 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 09:55 AM #12 of 14
Yeah! I do sometimes...

- AC5 - Naval Bloackade
- AC5 - Closure
- Chrono Trigger - Zeal Palace
- Some songs from Kingdom Hearts because they're too short...
- Many, many songs I don't remember now...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sou brasileiro com muito orgulho!
Marina
Bear-ri-con

Member 13607

Level 8.62

Oct 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 08:44 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 08:44 PM #13 of 14
The treasure that can't be stolen - Xenogears : Beautiful song indeed.I've never get bored this one
Besaid Island - FF X & X-2 : I love both of them
Eyes on me - FFVIII : my all time most fav vocal song.
Fisherman's horrizon - FFVIII orchestral album (Fithos...) : Anytime I feel tense this song is really help.
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Crono Cross : best world theme

I was speaking idiomatically.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:36 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 02:36 AM #14 of 14
Civilization IV - Baba Yetu

I loop this for as long as I feel like it. I don't even hear when it loops too, which is awesome. One of my favorite tracks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Do you loop certain VGM track?