Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Changing the world

Black Jade Rose
Is the world right the way it is?

Member 7543

Level 1.73

May 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:41 PM #1 of 37
Changing the world

The world is always changing, always getting better or worse. In this world of constant change what would you change? How would you do it? Why would you change the world? The world will never stop changing so how do you want it to change?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Revolutionary
вяоκєи.
i_h8_u.

Member 10244

Level 2.50

Jul 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 02:01 PM #2 of 37
Fuck the world.

I'm more worried about some of the assholes in this world. If some people just didn't exist, maybe everyone else would be happier, thereas changing the world anyway.

You could say, I want the world to change in a way where all the assholes and fuckwits who don't deserve to have a life, and that affect my life, were just non-existant all together. A bit selfish, but it's true.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

--yeah...; [ υ сяєатєd а яιfт wιтнιи мє. ] now there hav been several complications tht hav, left me feelng nothng. ...i mite say...; u were wrng 2 take it from me...; u left me feelng nothng.

i lōōk 'rōūnd ūr hōūse. būt there's nōthin' 2 steāl.
Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:32 AM #3 of 37
Live and let live. Let the assholes be assholes, let the greats be great. Balance, yo.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The only way out is through.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 10:36 PM #4 of 37
I'm convinced that if religion had never existed, the world would have been a much more tolerant place as a whole. Having said that I just wish people would be more tolerant of eachother and their beliefs or lack thereof; I think we could solve a lot of problems just doing that. :/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:42 AM #5 of 37
Try to change some of the foods that we eat so that they don't have all of the chemical shit that they put it in now. Also, I'd probably change the way that the public knows about governmental issue, ala 9/11.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Void

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:44 AM #6 of 37
Originally Posted by Encephalon
I'm convinced that if religion had never existed, the world would have been a much more tolerant place as a whole. Having said that I just wish people would be more tolerant of eachother and their beliefs or lack thereof; I think we could solve a lot of problems just doing that. :/
I used to think the same thing. But I really doubt it. In today's society, sure, without religion and the world secularized you'd get rid of shoddy theocracies like Iran's, and the world would be a lot more tolerant and accepting of other people's ways and beliefs.

But if religion had NEVER existed in the first place? Then we wouldn't have a lot of the morals that we've been brought up with and think are integral to humanity. If religion had never existed, we wouldn't have any concept of marriage, any real deterrence for laws, and a lot of the stuff we take for granted now that we don't really relate to religion.

Sure, religion has caused its fair share of wars and persecution. But most of the wars were because of idiots who used the names of their religions to gain land. I think the world would be a better place if it wasn't such a sprawl for land.

The thing is, religion, hate it or not, cause the MAJORITY of its followers to stay in line and be 'good.' Don't let the extremists fray your judgement... though it is hard to ignore them nowadays.

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 10:48 PM #7 of 37
Originally Posted by Void
But if religion had NEVER existed in the first place? Then we wouldn't have a lot of the morals that we've been brought up with and think are integral to humanity. If religion had never existed, we wouldn't have any concept of marriage, any real deterrence for laws, and a lot of the stuff we take for granted now that we don't really relate to religion.
You're gonna have to help me out here because I'm not seeing the downside to your argument here.

FELIPE NO
Void

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:53 AM #8 of 37
You're gonna have to help me out here because I'm not seeing the downside to your argument here.
The world would be in anarchy. Kill or be killed. Unless you're incredibly powerful, and a part of the majority, you'll probably die real soon.

How ya doing, buddy?
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:56 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 03:56 PM #9 of 37
True but where would "laws" come from if religion did not exist?
If there were no law then...well, you can figure out the rest...

If you were to refer this to modern times though...then yes I definetly agree.

Most religion is screwed up either way though. Which is probably why I don't have one =/

Last edited by Weapon; Aug 16, 2006 at 01:01 AM.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:36 AM #10 of 37
I'd get mothers out of the workforce and back into the homes to raise their own children instead of having some paid employee do it for them. I'd have men be men again. They'd all step up to the plate and work to support their families instead of being allowed to be unmotivated, underemployed punks for as long as they wanted. I'd give parents back the right to discipline their children. I'd up the academic standards in our pathetic schools.

There's a lot more I'd do, but that's a start.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:52 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 01:52 PM #11 of 37
Originally Posted by Spyer
Try to change some of the foods that we eat so that they don't have all of the chemical shit that they put it in now.
You know there's nothing to stop you buying organic food...

whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:16 AM #12 of 37
Originally Posted by AliceNWonderland
I'd get mothers out of the workforce and back into the homes to raise their own children instead of having some paid employee do it for them. I'd have men be men again. They'd all step up to the plate and work to support their families instead of being allowed to be unmotivated, underemployed punks for as long as they wanted. I'd give parents back the right to discipline their children. I'd up the academic standards in our pathetic schools.
I can't believe I'm saying this, as much as i dislike feminists, but, seriously? That suddenly doesn't sound so good - I rather enjoy being unmotivated. And I definately don't want to be the sole bread winner while my wife (completely hypothetical) just gets to take care of the kid and sit around watching soap operas all day. I like the idea of ME staying at home and letting the woman go out and earn some money for once. Why's it always gotta be on us? We're not a hunter-gather society anymore. Women can do the same shit we do these days, so let them earn their own damn money.

I'm tired of being the responsible one.

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:20 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 06:20 AM #13 of 37
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I'd up the academic standards in our pathetic schools.
Same here. I'd overhaul the whole academic system.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:59 AM #14 of 37
Originally Posted by whinehurst
I can't believe I'm saying this, as much as i dislike feminists, but, seriously? That suddenly doesn't sound so good - I rather enjoy being unmotivated. And I definately don't want to be the sole bread winner while my wife (completely hypothetical) just gets to take care of the kid and sit around watching soap operas all day. I like the idea of ME staying at home and letting the woman go out and earn some money for once. Why's it always gotta be on us? We're not a hunter-gather society anymore. Women can do the same shit we do these days, so let them earn their own damn money.

I'm tired of being the responsible one.
Haha...sit around watching soap operas all day. That's a good one. There's a lot more to running a household and raising children than you are aware of, apparently. Ever tried being the one who "got" to stay home all day while your partner went out and earned the dough? I stayed at home for several years when my son was young, and now that he's in school I work part-time outside the home. I'm not saying that being a stay-at-home mom (or dad) is grueling, backbreaking labor, but neither is going out to work every day unless you're a ditch-digger or something. It's all hard work, and there are upsides and downsides to doing either one.

As for why I think it should be the mother who stays home, it's all about who is the better nurturer. In most cases, it's the mother. I don't know why. Ask God.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:36 AM #15 of 37
Originally Posted by Black Jade Rose
The world is always changing, always getting better or worse. In this world of constant change what would you change? How would you do it? Why would you change the world? The world will never stop changing so how do you want it to change?
"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it." and, "The universe is change; life is opinion."--Marcus Aurelius

Anyways, I would change automobiles. I don't how I would accomplish the changing. I would change the world to make it better, largely less weaselly.

FELIPE NO
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:58 AM #16 of 37
Originally Posted by AliceNWonderland
Haha...sit around watching soap operas all day. That's a good one. There's a lot more to running a household and raising children than you are aware of, apparently. Ever tried being the one who "got" to stay home all day while your partner went out and earned the dough? I stayed at home for several years when my son was young, and now that he's in school I work part-time outside the home. I'm not saying that being a stay-at-home mom (or dad) is grueling, backbreaking labor, but neither is going out to work every day unless you're a ditch-digger or something. It's all hard work, and there are upsides and downsides to doing either one.

As for why I think it should be the mother who stays home, it's all about who is the better nurturer. In most cases, it's the mother. I don't know why. Ask God.
fair 'nough.

all I'm saying is that work sucks, like, office work, and i don't know why it's always gotta be on the men. I'd rather stay at home, personally.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Black Jade Rose
Is the world right the way it is?

Member 7543

Level 1.73

May 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:34 PM #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by вяоκєи.
If some people just didn't exist, maybe everyone else would be happier, thereas changing the world anyway.
If you think that killing some people to make the world better would work, would you kill them if you had the chance? Or would you imprison them if you could?
Quote:
The world would be in anarchy. Kill or be killed. Unless you're incredibly powerful, and a part of the majority, you'll probably die real soon.
I disagree with you I don’t think that people would fall into a society of kill or be killed. If there were no laws today and no police would you go kill someone? Killing people is not something natural to people.
Quote:
People would be forced to live by their own morals and what they think is right or wrong. If there were no laws I don’t think the rich would be rich for very long because I think that the lower classes of society would start to take what they need because there are no laws to stop them. Without laws a person who is starving can take what they need from someone who has more then they need. There will always be people who abuse this kind of system. But people abuse the system we have now.
Quote:
Religion was one way to make laws that people would obey but the reason people obeyed the laws was out of fear and that is not why people should follow laws. Someone came up with laws in religions and people follow laws because they seem right. Laws make the world work in harmony but not when they are enforced with fear. People will live in harmony without laws once they understand that braking laws even though they are not enforced make the world fall apart. People will obey laws because they make life better.

Revolutionary
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 04:25 PM #18 of 37
First, I totally agree with anything and everything Alice has said in this thread.

Secondly, I think that we need a cure for stupidity, especially because parents and school systems are doing such a poor job of it. So either 1) fix the parents, 2) fix the schools, 3) get some serious research going ASAP before the world plummets as the MySpace generation comes of age.

~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Void

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:32 PM #19 of 37
If you think that killing some people to make the world better would work, would you kill them if you had the chance? Or would you imprison them if you could?

I disagree with you I don’t think that people would fall into a society of kill or be killed. If there were no laws today and no police would you go kill someone? Killing people is not something natural to people.

People would be forced to live by their own morals and what they think is right or wrong. If there were no laws I don’t think the rich would be rich for very long because I think that the lower classes of society would start to take what they need because there are no laws to stop them. Without laws a person who is starving can take what they need from someone who has more then they need. There will always be people who abuse this kind of system. But people abuse the system we have now.

Religion was one way to make laws that people would obey but the reason people obeyed the laws was out of fear and that is not why people should follow laws. Someone came up with laws in religions and people follow laws because they seem right. Laws make the world work in harmony but not when they are enforced with fear. People will live in harmony without laws once they understand that braking laws even though they are not enforced make the world fall apart. People will obey laws because they make life better.

Laws are always enforced with fear. That's the whole idea of deterrents. We imprison people and punish people so they don't do the things we don't want them to do. Of course the world has come a LONG way from The Code of Hammurabi and the Draconian Laws, but many states in the US still have the Death Penalty and many parts of the world still have some fucked up methods of punishment.

Fear works, and we need it. Without fear of punishment, laws would have no teeth and we would have anarchy. You're entitled to your own opinion of course, but I fully believe that without laws this world would fall into chaos immediately.

--------

I think we should concentrate more on space. I mean, we haven't done jack since the moon and that Space Race involving Russia. Can China start colonizing Mars already so we all can compete in another space race? That type of sci-fi shit is so interesting to me, and that's the next step for mankind not this mid-east garbage.

Oh, and if I ruled the world, I'd eliminate ownership of land. I'm not a communist by any means, own what you want... but not land, come on.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:00 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 08:00 PM #20 of 37
Killing people is not something natural to people.
The entirety of human history begs to differ.

Quote:
People will live in harmony without laws once they understand that braking laws even though they are not enforced make the world fall apart. People will obey laws because they make life better.
If people were good enough to obey laws that aren't enforced because they make life better, there wouldn't be a need for those laws at all. Which human history again says isn't the case.

The idea is contradicted by your poor starving guy stealing from the rich guy; even if laws weren't enforced, if the poor guy understood that breaking laws "made the world fall apart", he'd just starve because he knew that taking something that didn't belong to him was wrong.

But he's starving, doesn't have food, and this guy does. He needs it, and to him, his need to eat is more important than the idea of private property or respecting the law to keep society from imploding.

YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:36 AM #21 of 37
If I could obtain whatever I wanted to change the world, here's what I'd do. I'd get myself two things: some sort of orbital beam weapon capable of obliterating anything from a city up to an entire planet and an army of robots. Then I'd blow up the Moon or Mars or something to show I can do it, have every single nation surrender to me, and crown myself Emperor.

Then I could start making changes to this world. First of all, the elimination of any and all forms of organized religion. So much more trouble than it's worth, with that alone you eliminate a whole load of problem. Jews making claims to Israel in the middle-east? Screw it, fantasy stories have no place in serious matters. In fact, you can't even call yourself a jew anymore anyway. Various cults extracting money from their followers or performing other acts while hiding behind the cover of religion? Well, if all organized religions become criminal organizations according to the law, then hide behind religion all you want. Of course those are but a few examples, all current conflicts caused by religion would also cease.

People wouldn't accept it? Well, fine, but then here's what would happen: Say the middle-east instantly burst into neverending riots upon hearing this. It'd get vaporised by my orbital death ray. Best scenario, other areas suddently get a whole lot calmer. Worst scenario, the whole world does the same as the middle-east. If that's the case, then this shithole isn't worth saving, so it's time to extinguish all life upon this planet, with myself being the first hit by the beam.

So now religion has been eliminated and the world is a whole lot quieter. What next? No matter what happens, there will be small pockets of people resisting here and there. Which means it's time to enact martial law and to deploy my army of robots to crush outlaws. Civilian casualties are to be expected, but that's a small price to pay. With this taken care of, it's time to succeed where everyone who tried failed...

Communism! Well, stalinism. Some kind of stalinism anyway. Everywhere this was attempted suffered from one major problem: the human factor. You need people to direct other people, and those people will invariably gain power and use it for their own purpose. Moreso if the government through its various branches happens to control everything. Then high ranking government officials can take advantage of everyone else. That's no problem here, though, since instead of using people I'll be using my army of incorruptible robots to keep everyone in check!

By that time I'll have the whole world (well, the parts I haven't scorched with plasma anyway) working for me, building palaces which I wouldn't use, more death robots, or whatever I might need so I can live as a god for the rest of my life. Given a few year, the world will turn into something that makes 1984 look like heaven. Once I die, my army of robots will keep oppressing people and following the same directives they had until the system eventually breaks for one reason or another, after a thousand years or more if I did a good job designing it. Then for the first time people everywhere would be free from tyranny, their differences ironed out by centuries of common oppression, and could start anew to build a perfect world.

Of course it wouldn't last six months before going to shit, with people fragmenting into nations once again and returning to the same situation we've had for all of human history so far. Then after a few thousand years someone would rise up and do the exact same thing I did all over again. Repeat ad infinitum.

The chances of this happening are a bit low I must admit. Oh well, a man can dream.

Windsong
Carob Nut

Member 6432

Level 5.67

May 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:02 AM #22 of 37
Smile

I'd make basic mililtary service mandatory. Special Forces ops have the option of not only having 4 year college paid for..but law school or med school as well.

Also, no one is admitted to universities unless they are 25 and over, and have no criminal records whatsoever (barring traffic tickets of course).

(ducks from rock throwing Democrats!)

Most amazing jew boots
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:35 AM #23 of 37
Originally Posted by Shin
You know there's nothing to stop you buying organic food...

Ah, but what I meant was buying the same products (if ever possible, with the same taste), but with only different ways of being made.

FELIPE NO
Void

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:58 PM #24 of 37
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
The entirety of human history begs to differ.

If people were good enough to obey laws that aren't enforced because they make life better, there wouldn't be a need for those laws at all. Which human history again says isn't the case.

The idea is contradicted by your poor starving guy stealing from the rich guy; even if laws weren't enforced, if the poor guy understood that breaking laws "made the world fall apart", he'd just starve because he knew that taking something that didn't belong to him was wrong.

But he's starving, doesn't have food, and this guy does. He needs it, and to him, his need to eat is more important than the idea of private property or respecting the law to keep society from imploding.
While I wouldn't go as far to say that it's human nature to KILL our own kind. I'd say that we are animals, like every other animal on the planet, and that we value our survival... or listen to our instict of survival more than anything else.

We aren't born we morals and ethics, we are taught them. But without them, we wouldn't necessarily just kill people for no reason. The world would return to the laws of the Animal Kingdom, where the strong ones oppress the weak and use up all of the resources, and the weak die. That is until we satisfy our biological needs and start cognitive thought, where we begin to offer protection for the weak in return for more betterment [most likely financial after we develop the concept of money, again] and we will basically reset civilization.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:21 AM #25 of 37
You're right about that. Humans always lived with violence, and it was often those who thrived in its disorder and destruction that made a mark on the world. The biggest turning point was when man invented the social contract where an he gives up certain rights such as killing and stealing, to receive protection from the group.

"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Changing the world