Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] EA - Now with more celeb whoring! (Red Alert 3)

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 05:20 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 05:20 AM #1 of 9
EA - Now with more celeb whoring! (Red Alert 3)

Quote:
Welcome back comrades, it's been far too long.

EA is traveling seven years back in time to bring back the most-beloved series in the storied Command & Conquer™ franchise. The light-hearted, over-the-top, wacky world of Red Alert™ has returned with Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, shipping this holiday for the PC and Xbox 360™.

After years of conflict, the Allies are finally on the brink of victory. Cowering behind the walls of the Kremlin, the Soviets decide to turn to one last act of desperation - the use of an experimental time travel device. The mission: to go back in time to eliminate Albert Einstein before he creates the technologies that will lead the Allies to ultimate victory. After a successful mission, the Soviets return to the present, discovering the Allied position has weakened. But before they can truly celebrate, they find out their actions have spawned a new threat and global superpower, the mysterious, technologically advanced, Empire of the Rising Sun. Welcome to World War III.
LIST O'FEATURES

Quote:
* The Return of Red Alert! - After seven years, the most popular series in EA's 25-million unit-plus selling Command & Conquer franchise has returned with a vengeance. Red Alert 3 brings back everything fans loved about the series, the humor, the popcorn style story and the franchise?s fast, action-oriented gameplay, while breaking new ground for the genre, with an entirely co-operative, story-driven campaign campaign mode and an increased emphasis on naval gameplay.

* Co-Op Done Right - Every mission is designed from the ground-up with co-operative gameplay in mind. Join forces and strategize with friends online or join forces with nine AI commanders, three for each faction, all of whom have their own unique personality and style of play that might come in handy depending on the situation.

* Command the Seas, Conquer the World - Experience Gameplay as for the first time in the series, waging war on the water will be every bit as important as dominating by land and air. Gain strategic advantages by controlling resources in the seas and mounting three-pronged attacks from all directions.

* A New Threat from the East - The Empire of the Rising Sun is a technological terror, with unit designs influenced by a mixture of science-fiction, martial arts and robot culture. The Empire?s futuristic units can transform into alternate forms, and they specialize in naval warfare.

* Star-Studded Storytelling - Command & Conquer's trademark live-action videos return in HD, with over 60 minutes of footage featuring the largest cast in the history of the Command & Conquer franchise.

* CommandStick 2.0 - Improving on the CommandStick interface first pioneered in Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath, 360 owners will get an unparalleled console RTS experience, with controls that continue to bridge the gap between the PC and 360 and a game designed to meet the needs of the console gamer.

Is There Any Doubt Red Alert is Back? - Armored War Bears, Sonic Dolphins, Tesla Troopers, Vicious Attack Dogs, Man Cannons and Tanya. Welcome back!
Source = COMMAND & CONQUER RED ALERT 3

Now I am one of those deprived children that never really got to play any of the Command and Conquers up until about around the year 2000, mainly because the ports of earlier C&Cs were absolute trash (I'm looking at you, PS1) and ultimately it was the C&C on the N64 that caught my attention and held it in a vice grip.

Such is to say I whored myself out around 2004 and bought a complete boxset, all nice and shiny with my favorite C&C, Red Alert 2. Anything after that was...well...sort of abismal, but in turn weren't terrible games in themselves.

That could all potentially change, but also it could potentially stay the same. I was always a fan of the way RA told the unfolding story through their actual cinematic sequences. Kari Wuhrer as Tanya always seemed like her best work (which...isn't surprising at all) and the general feel of the story lines were full of campy goodness.

Now Red Alert 3 is coming out, and I'm shocked to say that I did NOT see this coming until I found a IMDB link on it about an hour ago. What I found worried me somewhat.

EA has whored out the entire series to hollywood...but at the same time while I think this will take away some of the general feel to it, I can't help but notice that they not only did they nab names such as Tim Curry and J.K. Simmons, they have a venerable star studded cast. Some well known (George Takei playing an overbearing Japanese Emperor? Fucking SIGN ME UP) and others less known. The only -real- problem I had with this was not only did they replace Kari as Tanya (Jenny McCarthy is leading the show now), but I feared that since EA had whored together so many well known actors and actresses, that the gameplay was going to be absolute trash.

Well, after watching a 15 minute video on soviet gameplay, and the fact that the soviet version of the APC actually SHOOTS people into the air and into the danger zone, I have to say that not only does it seem to excel graphically, but it looks like a complete blast...the game might actually be fun to play as well as seeing Jenny McCarthy bounce up and down every now and then.

That...and armored war bears. ARMORED WAR BEARS. Expect to see bear cavalry zerg rushes a plenty online.

That, and I'm shocked as shit I didn't see any of this mentioned earlier.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Grail; Oct 10, 2008 at 05:23 AM.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 05:36 AM #2 of 9
I wouldn't worry about the casting considering the last C&C game had plenty of well known people in it too.

I'm not a fan of RTS games, mostly because I'm terrible at them, but between George Takei, armored war bears, and sonic dolphins this sounds like a real winner. If it gets a decent 360 port I might give it a shot.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 06:48 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 12:48 PM #3 of 9
Now Red Alert 3 is coming out, and I'm shocked to say that I did NOT see this coming until I found a IMDB link on it about an hour ago. What I found worried me somewhat...

...That, and I'm shocked as shit I didn't see any of this mentioned earlier.
Dude, this thread is on the first page of search results for "Red Alert", along with a seperate thread about some Polish sounding chap doing the music. I've known about the game for ages and I can't stand RTS games so you can't have looked for information that hard.

I've always sucked at RTS games. I'm just not organised enough to concentrate on defending and attacking and protecting resources and building things all at the same time. I also get bored quickly which never helped. That said, the Red Alert games were kinda fun the few times I played them multi-player, certainly more so than Total Annihilation or Warcraft. If they've genuinely made this a decent console game then I might take a look at the demo at least I guess.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:42 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 10:42 AM #4 of 9
[QUOTE=Shin;651092]Dude, this thread is on the first page of search results for "Red Alert", along with a seperate thread about some Polish sounding chap doing the music. I've known about the game for ages and I can't stand RTS games so you can't have looked for information that hard./QUOTE]

Hrm, must have missed that. Regardless, a while ago I got a talkin to by responding to a thread that was 2 months without a reply, so either way I would have made this even if spotting the other thread.

Feel free to merge or leave this how it is.

Edit: Also this is not only on PC, it's also on the Xbox 360, but no word of it being on PS3.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:45 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 03:45 PM #5 of 9
The problem with games like this that are developed with the PC market as the lead platform is that the controls usually get bodged in an attempt to bring it to consoles. Which is a shame as this looks like it could be daft fun, but I'll definitely keep an eye out, see how it turns out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:59 AM #6 of 9
The problem with games like this that are developed with the PC market as the lead platform is that the controls usually get bodged in an attempt to bring it to consoles.
Quite frankly it's only fair that consoles get a shitty port from a PC game on occasion since shitty ports going the other way round are endemic.

Why yes, I'd love to press the L-Trigger to continue. Where is that on my keyboard exactly

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:40 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 08:40 PM #7 of 9
"I've got it, use the controller KEYBOARD! Plug your controller into controller port 2!"

FELIPE NO

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 03:09 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 01:09 PM #8 of 9
Quote:
unit designs influenced by a mixture of science-fiction, martial arts and robot culture.
Why is nobody else focusing on this aspect of the game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old Nov 1, 2008, 08:02 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2008, 07:02 PM #9 of 9
Ok, Now I NEED this game:

CONQUER THIS LIFE

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] EA - Now with more celeb whoring! (Red Alert 3)