Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] LOST
Closed Thread

Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 09:13 AM Local time: May 24, 2007, 03:13 PM #1051 of 1091
I think it's clear that Naomi's people don't intend to rescue the Losties but giving away their true intention would've been a cooler cliffhanger than a depressed Jack.
It depends though because it's a good cliffhanger in the sense that everyone will be wondering what direction the shows going in now: If we knew what Naomi's bunch wanted than there probably would be less guessing and less theories until the season 4. A bit like the cliffhanger to the first series, when they discover the hatch: the only thing we knew about it was that it was pretty deep.

Anyway, after seeing the episode I have been thinking about the whole alternative reality thing: it defnately interests me. Jacks life before the plane crash was pretty awful, as we already know, however, there must be something seriously wrong with everything now, especially for him to see the island as an alternative.
In terms of the whole, his dad still being alive thing: I see the possibility that from all the drinking etc, he could be speaking gibberish. For example, when he says to the doctor "Go and get my father from upstairs, if he is more drunk than me...."...this could be a rash outburst of bitterness but I'm really not sure.

And what about the fact that we saw Jack's Dad on the Island in Season 1 as well as the coffin being empty?

lol - I might just re-watch both episodes to see if I can pick anything else up: there is quite a bit to think about anyway.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 02:28 PM #1052 of 1091
Isn't it obvious that Charlie closed door because Desmond would have drowned as well. Anyways, yeah, my mistake. I'm sure Christian is dead now. When Jack says "Go and get my father from upstairs, if he is more drunk than me...." I think he's referring to heaven.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 02:36 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 01:36 PM #1053 of 1091
Now as well as flashbacks, they're having flashforwards? As if the plot wasn't confusing enough...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 02:49 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 09:49 PM #1054 of 1091
Isn't it obvious that Charlie closed door because Desmond would have drowned as well.
No, because he could have closed the door from the... outside. And a facility of that size wouldn't be filled with water very fast in the first place, and Mikhail's thought process of taking a grenade and swimming outside to blow himself up was just ???, so that scene was kinda wacko.

The rest of the episode made up.

Quote:
When Jack says "Go and get my father from upstairs, if he is more drunk than me...." I think he's referring to heaven.
Guy was just hopped up on goofballs, is all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
ArchesFan
And for my next trick....he'll confess.

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 02:59 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 02:59 PM #1055 of 1091
Isn't it obvious that Charlie closed door because Desmond would have drowned as well. Anyways, yeah, my mistake. I'm sure Christian is dead now. When Jack says "Go and get my father from upstairs, if he is more drunk than me...." I think he's referring to heaven.
I really have to agree to a certain extent. This is LOST and crazier things have happened, but Jack is out of his mind when he gets back to the real world. He was a leader on the island, he helped people and eventually I guess he got them rescued. Here's my input on his dad. On the island, he saw his father walking around and everything, found his coffin, and it was empty (Unless I'm wrong...it's been awhile since I've watched season 1). Once he gets back to the real world, he realizes his father is really dead. In a sense, he becomes his father, maybe as a way of trying to prove he's not dead. I dunno, just my theory.

I'm thinking the funeral he goes to is Locke's actually. Locke is becoming a bit of a villain in the series...he will probably end up doing some very bad things in these last few seasons so all the characters end up hating him. Ben is a good guess, but I would think Jack would just end up leaving Ben, even though the ultimate revenge against Ben would be to take him off the island.

Did anyone notice when Kate and Jack were talking in the flashforward that Kate said something like, "Jack, I have to go or he'll know we met." Since Jack is all crazy, maybe all the survivors who get rescued end up keeping away from him and Kate ends up with Sawyer, so Sawyer knows Kate will be drawn to Jack, but doesn't want her to see him. Crazy idea, but eh.

Hopefully they add Alex and Carl as regulars next season. I really like those two for some reason. We all know they aren't going to get rescued right now since the phone called Naomi's boat which is probably filled with a bunch of evil people.

Btw, my friend and I thought it was funny at the point in the finale when Jack ordered Ben to be tied up and we both thought.

Danielle: "Daughter who has just found out that I'm your mother, will you help me tie up your fake father?" *Kodak Moment Music*

FELIPE NO
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
You will be missed for a long time.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 03:00 PM #1056 of 1091
I don't see why everyone assumes Jack's father is still alive. Well, aside from the fact that Jack kept seeing him on the island, and found his casket, empty.

When Jack tries to get the prescription, I just simply assumed that he forged the signature, knowing he couldn't write it for himself. And...
Guy was just hopped up on goofballs, is all.
QFT.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
DarknessTear
Metal Overman King Gainer

Member 2520

Level 14.96

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 03:15 PM #1057 of 1091
They may be referring to the time Jack told that guy to talk to his dad and see if he was drunker... but who knows, maybe by "upstairs" he meant heaven. :P

Jam it back in, in the dark.
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 04:50 PM #1058 of 1091
Guys, Christian is dead. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse confirmed this in a podcast last April. Jack's statement is odd, but I think we can chalk it up to the writers trying to throw us off on the flashforward.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 05:06 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 11:06 PM #1059 of 1091
They may be referring to the time Jack told that guy to talk to his dad and see if he was drunker... but who knows, maybe by "upstairs" he meant heaven. :P
Ok, i initially said that jack said ''upstairs'', this was my mistake: i have just rewatched it and he actually just says ''get my father down here'' which is a bit different obviously.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 06:06 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 05:06 PM #1060 of 1091
I started to get this feeling that they were flashforwards when we see this drastic decline in Jack's condition compared to other episodes. After a while i started to wonder if it was jack/is this in the future etc...

I'm pissed off at charlie's death. Can a grenade explode underwater? A huge building like that would take a solid hour at least to fill up. Plenty of time for both of them to escape. That's the only point that i'm actually pissed off at. There's no way they can redeem that scene for me.

And they'd better have a pretty damn good explanation for Locke's recovery like that. I know they probably won't have one, but it's open ended enough for there to "be" one, so i'm not as pissed off.

I'm also kinda miffed that they killed Tom. Man, he was cool, probably my favourite Other. I would've liked to see him as a regular character.

Otherwise a pretty good episode. I felt like the Flashbacks were getting a little old. I wonder if flashforwards will become a regular thing.

Most amazing jew boots
Yamigarasu
Ace P.I.

Member 22229

Level 7.28

Apr 2007

Old May 24, 2007, 06:50 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 08:50 PM #1061 of 1091
About charlie's demise, just think like this, he could never imagined the grenade would simple break the glass, he was not a military expert, in his mind, the blast could have destroyed the wall and then he and desmond would die.

Anyway, it's the ye olde hollywoodian way of a hero sacrificing himself for "the greater good" even if in real life no one would do that.

About the future flashs, to be fair I'm thinking more on the line of paralel universe, this IS lost afterall. (That and there are still 3 more seasons to fill ^^)

Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 05:45 AM Local time: May 25, 2007, 11:45 AM #1062 of 1091

I'm also kinda miffed that they killed Tom. Man, he was cool, probably my favourite Other. I would've liked to see him as a regular character.
I was especially annoyed with Tom being killed as well although with this being Lost, he might not definately be dead. H eprobably will be though as Sawyer shot him in the chest. Anyway, if he is dead, I think it is a real missed oppurtunity for that character to be developed.

I have a question regarding the first part of the finale: what was jack reading about in the newspaper on the plane and later in the car on the bridge?

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 05:55 AM Local time: May 25, 2007, 12:55 PM #1063 of 1091
I have a question regarding the first part of the finale: what was jack reading about in the newspaper on the plane and later in the car on the bridge?
News about discontinuation of Crystal Pepsi (an obituary of Crystal Pepsi, if you will).

FELIPE NO
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 07:07 AM Local time: May 25, 2007, 01:07 PM #1064 of 1091
News about discontinuation of Crystal Pepsi (an obituary of Crystal Pepsi, if you will).
haha. The thing is, I doubt that news would even be printed if Lost is considered up to date and modern (wasn't crystal Pepsi a 90s thing), also I don't think it would upset jack so much.

Yamigarasu
Ace P.I.

Member 22229

Level 7.28

Apr 2007

Old May 25, 2007, 07:42 AM Local time: May 25, 2007, 09:42 AM #1065 of 1091
I was especially annoyed with Tom being killed as well although with this being Lost, he might not definately be dead. H eprobably will be though as Sawyer shot him in the chest. Anyway, if he is dead, I think it is a real missed oppurtunity for that character to be developed.

Originally Posted by Some guy on a LOST blog
When you freeze the newpaper article Jack is holding it says "Los Angeles, A Man has died. The body of J". After that it's folded so you can't see the rest of the name. It's somebody nobody came to see and someone Jack thought Kate would want to see but based on her reaction something happened in the past that changed her affinity to this person.

My take is it's Sawyer (James), and Kate is back with the cop she ran out on in an earlier episode. I'm sure as more info comes out though we'll have a better idea.
Didn't tested it, but it sounds truthful

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 08:02 AM Local time: May 25, 2007, 02:02 PM #1066 of 1091
Thanks for the info Yamigarasu, can you give the link for this blog?

Yamigarasu
Ace P.I.

Member 22229

Level 7.28

Apr 2007

Old May 25, 2007, 10:32 AM Local time: May 25, 2007, 12:32 PM #1067 of 1091
Thanks for the info Yamigarasu, can you give the link for this blog?
http://lostseason3.blogspot.com/

Most of the info there is a lot of expeculation based on bits and pieces about "to be released" episodes, but it is still a nice place to discuss and theorize it. ^___^

Most amazing jew boots
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 10:48 AM Local time: May 25, 2007, 05:48 PM #1068 of 1091
Unless Sawyer changed his surname to end with -antham and caught a mean case of fast-progressing dwarfism (or maybe lost his legs), that's probably not him in the coffin.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Aardark; May 25, 2007 at 10:56 AM.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 26, 2007, 10:43 AM Local time: May 26, 2007, 04:43 PM #1069 of 1091
This episode was a fuck in the ass. Seriously, what were they thinking, those faggots. How psychologically useful to show that they got rescued. Now they have a lot of material for at least four more seasons. Jesus Christ. This finale sucked from the beginning to the end. How the fuck is harpooned V.I.P. special guest Mikhael getting outside the facility to THROW A FUCKING GRENADE AT THE WINDOW... Brilliant how Charlie is NEITHER closing the door from the outside NOR is he swimming out through the window. This episode must have been directed by Michael Bay, I swear. Also, blatant surreptitious advertising for Motorola cellphones, how disgusting.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2007, 06:08 PM Local time: May 26, 2007, 03:08 PM #1070 of 1091
I still contest that when an explosion is imminent and a friend is running towards it for a reason that he's going to allow nothing to get in his way, Charlie's actions made sense. No idea why he didn't try to swim out the port window though, that's the part that gets me. He Didn't even need to surface, he could of just swam around back under the way they came in.

Eye patch dude's reasoning, I must admit, was a little more of a stretch, but weren't the both of them armed after they subdued the three others down there? If it's his job to ensure to radio signal stays jammed, assuming he's some sort of immortal or he's just super resilient and after surviving all that shit he knows a grenade will kill him but he's willing to kamikaze. To sneak out of view and attempt to flood them both isn't the most headscratching thing on earth. A lot to swallow, though.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 06:08 AM Local time: May 27, 2007, 01:08 PM #1071 of 1091
Seriously, what were they thinking, those faggots. How psychologically useful to show that they got rescued.
You don't know if anyone but Jack and Kate got off the island. Maybe they were all killed, and that's why Jack is now a psycho drug addict. And who cares anyway. Did watching Fight Club or Memento give you a psychological trauma too?

FELIPE NO
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 07:15 AM Local time: May 27, 2007, 01:15 PM #1072 of 1091
You don't know if anyone but Jack and Kate got off the island. Maybe they were all killed, and that's why Jack is now a psycho drug addict. And who cares anyway. Did watching Fight Club or Memento give you a psychological trauma too?
No, I didn't mean it that way. I was just thinking that now we know that at least two of them apparently got off the island, a lot of the is gone (=> ). It's not giving me a psychological trauma

Then again, why would Jack want to crash again if everyone else but him and Kate got killed?

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 10:31 AM Local time: May 27, 2007, 05:31 PM #1073 of 1091
Then again, why would Jack want to crash again if everyone else but him and Kate got killed?

How ya doing, buddy?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 11:23 AM #1074 of 1091
According to another forum, here's what the newspaper clip said:

Quote:
The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 12:28 PM #1075 of 1091
John Latham, eh? Any clue as to who that could be? Jaime Ortiz might be related to our dead friend Ana-Lucia though...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] LOST