Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Products of Creation Science
Closed Thread

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:23 PM #151 of 270
Ug prefer unshaven vagina. Shaved cootch make Ug think of little girl.

FELIPE NO
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:38 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 06:38 PM 1 #152 of 270
But Ug digresses...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:34 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2007, 10:34 AM #153 of 270
And why would God create 10 million (and older) year old rocks, exactly?
Please pardon the refrence but I feel it to helpful in my explanation.
Isaiah 55:9
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It is not clear as to what brand new matter is like to us. Let alone a brand new Earth.
Consider for a moment that it may not be helpful to the support of life. I think radioactive decay is the most poplular dating method. Imagine the radiation levels of the early earth.
The the term God helps us imagine an entity that has complete mastery of all aspects of reality, not just of what we we can measure.
A God could wind the clock forward on matter for the purpose of our current state of comfort.
Consider again the application of pursuing this idea. Toxic waste could be "aged" to meet safety requirements. Stockpiles of nuclear waste processed for some other purpose.

I'm not really sure what you want me to say about the book, but looking at just one testimonial makes me kinda feel I know how all of it will be.
You have done all that I asked, thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:17 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2007, 02:17 PM #154 of 270
Quote:
The the term God helps us imagine an entity that has complete mastery of all aspects of reality, not just of what we we can measure.
A God could wind the clock forward on matter for the purpose of our current state of comfort.
Consider again the application of pursuing this idea. Toxic waste could be "aged" to meet safety requirements. Stockpiles of nuclear waste processed for some other purpose.
If it were so, then why wouldn't he have done something about the already existing nuclear waste?

If there is a God, you have to accept that everything that goes on has already been foreseen by him and that there is no reason to worry about anything. If you admit that he should change some things, then your saying he wasn't able to make everything perfect on the first try and your admitting that he has faults, in which case he can't be the all-ruling and all-powerful entity of which you speak.

Either way, wasting your time imploring him to fix everything that is wrong for us instead of doing something about it yourself (i.e. through research, in this specific case towards ways of handling nuclear waste to make it less dangerous to living beings) serves you in nothing more than it serves us.

you should really give it up. It's getting old.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Juggle dammit

Last edited by i am good at jokes; Nov 20, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:51 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2007, 01:51 PM 1 #155 of 270
LordSword. I am really happy that you've found purpose in your life- purpose dictated by the presence and explanation of a supreme being. A god which makes "sense" of a senseless world....

However, its not fair of you to assume that everyone else must follow your example and do the same in order to be "saved". I find your sense of purpose nothing short of aggravating. It's almost as if you aren't convinced enough about your own sense of faith so you must re-inforce it by trying to change the mind of the people around you.

Not everyone wants to be "saved" because it involves man not holding himself accountable for his own fate.
You are trying to forcefeed people into accepting something and it's never going to work, at least not here. People are far too educated to place their lives and fate in the hands of such a clumsy supreme being, let alone you.

I feel like I must post this. Then again, you will probably read this and double your efforts... You just don't know when to quit. Accept that you can't/shouldn't try to change anyone to re-affirm your own sense of faith. That's incredibly selfish and undermines the intelligence of not only the entire forum, but yourself.

edit: Btw, Divest, why did you rate this down?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by RainMan; Dec 4, 2007 at 03:56 AM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 04:14 PM 1 #156 of 270
So God can make 10 million year old rocks for the purpose of ___, because he works in mysterious ways and can do whatever he wants.

So - if he wanted to, anyway - he could have thousand upon thousands of alter dimensions of Earth, slightly different variations with slightly different physics, therefore it is entirely possible that on one of those worlds the events of Naruto are playing out.

I can't tell you how deeply relieved I am that God is not a fangirl.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:11 PM 1 #157 of 270
So God can make 10 million year old rocks for the purpose of ___, because he works in mysterious ways and can do whatever he wants.
See, heres the problem. God can create a rock thats millions of years older than the earth actually is - but the guy can't make a BLT because its from an unclean animal.

Something there just don't add up, if you ask me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:34 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2007, 03:34 PM #158 of 270
Didn't it become clean when Jesus died?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:43 PM #159 of 270
Quote:
I also believe in a God that can make 10 million year old rocks in a fraction of the time.
Sweet Jesus, how retarded are you? Honestly, this is why overly-blind religious assholes like you are subhuman in my eyes. Anthing that defies explanation can be quickly resolved by saying "God did it because he's a magical wonderfuck who can do any and everything." Fuck that noise. Don't you have a soul? Don't you realize how retarded you sound when you say shit like this?

To quote Bill Hicks: You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:06 PM #160 of 270
Didn't it become clean when Jesus died?
Technically, it became clean as soon as technology progressed to the point where the animal was actually COOKED.

All those laws about "unclean" were all intended to quell the spread of disease. Great ideas, up to a point. Technology (and I'm using this in the not even modern sense of the word) fixed a lot of that by the time Jesus rolled around.

Ridan Krad
And All Eyes Fix on the Death of Tomorrow

Member 690

Level 8.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:22 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 02:22 AM 1 #161 of 270
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It is not clear as to what brand new matter is like to us. Let alone a brand new Earth.
Consider for a moment that it may not be helpful to the support of life. I think radioactive decay is the most poplular dating method. Imagine the radiation levels of the early earth.

You have done all that I asked, thanks.
Your explanation has two problems.

First, why would God need to create old rocks when he could just let nature take its course? You seem to be suggesting that God does not exist outside of time, which is odd since the Bible indicates the opposite ("With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day", 2 Peter 3:8).

Second, why would God create a system of nature only to contradict it right away? And I do mean right away, because according to the strict reading of the Bible, God created the universe and the Earth all in a matter of days. Your explanation suggests that God made a system and then right afterwards went, "Oh well, better just make the Earth differently cause that isn't gonna work too well for my Saturday deadline." This suggests poor planning on God's part, hardly what I'd expect of an omniscient being.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:52 AM 2 #162 of 270
You just posted what I was about to say, but I'll reinterpret the line from 2 Peter that you posted to say what pretty much all intelligent interpreters of the Bible say, anyway:

Those "7 days" are not literally "seven days!" Big shocker there. The whole week concept merely exists because the Jewish people at the time of the Bible being written had no concept of time that would include the possibility of millions of years. Those 10-million year-old rocks are, guess what: TEN MILLION YEARS OLD!

Plus you get prop points from me for also bringing up the fact that a literal reading of the Bible implies that God fucked up in creating the world originally.

LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:39 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 10:39 AM #163 of 270
If it were so, then why wouldn't he have done something about the already existing nuclear waste?
Thats our job remember?
Genesis 2:15
The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

Your explanation has two problems.

First, why would God need to create old rocks when he could just let nature take its course? You seem to be suggesting that God does not exist outside of time, which is odd since the Bible indicates the opposite ("With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day", 2 Peter 3:8)...
Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

"Old rocks" are made for the purpose of our current environment which He wanted from the beginning.
Second, why would God create a system of nature only to contradict it right away? And I do mean right away, because according to the strict reading of the Bible, God created the universe and the Earth all in a matter of days. Your explanation suggests that God made a system and then right afterwards went, "Oh well, better just make the Earth differently cause that isn't gonna work too well for my Saturday deadline." This suggests poor planning on God's part, hardly what I'd expect of an omniscient being.
Wouldnt God see the point in creating a thing correctly in the first place. I explained things in a way that you would understand.

What about the application I put forward? I know its a tough one to wrap ones mind around but I demonstrated how a person uses the creation point of view to forward research. Its not the first time science has had help from religious sources.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:45 AM #164 of 270
HOW ARE ROCKS PEOPLE? or WHAT DOES A QUOTE FROM THE BIBLE CLEARLY INDICATING PEOPLE HAVE TO DO WITH ROCKS?

I think I asked in a way you can understand.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:13 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 12:13 PM #165 of 270
You know, Lordsword, you don't have to take the Bible literally, it wasn't made by God. Or do you take all the non-canonical gospels as equal to the gospels in the Bible?

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 03:28 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 12:28 PM #166 of 270
That's a clever way of keeping the plebes from questioning authority.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:15 PM #167 of 270
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him
Doesn't acknowledging God and then admitting to predestination cancel each other out?

Quote:
I explained things in a way that you would understand.
So God tells you to be condescending as well. I see.

FELIPE NO
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:39 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 03:39 PM 2 #168 of 270
Predestination? You mean this fucker's a Calvinist now? He can't even seem to keep his belief systems straight.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:50 PM #169 of 270
Predestination? You mean this fucker's a Calvinist now? He can't even seem to keep his belief systems straight.
Well, cut the guy some slack. He prays to something that cannot be logically understood or agreed upon by any two people in the entire world. He'd have to be a LITTLE confused...

Ridan Krad
And All Eyes Fix on the Death of Tomorrow

Member 690

Level 8.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 06:33 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 04:33 PM #170 of 270
"Old rocks" are made for the purpose of our current environment which He wanted from the beginning.
You didn't actually answer my question. See below for why that is.

Wouldnt God see the point in creating a thing correctly in the first place.
One would think so, yet according to your beliefs God created the universe and all of its systems, including radioactive decay, and then in his infinite wisdom contradicted the system he had just developed. What I don't understand, and what you have yet to clearly answer (despite your best efforts to explain it so I can understand) is why God wouldn't just let the natural laws he had just developed create the Earth, instead of just blinking it all into existence.

Family Guy wasn't far off the mark when it compared the traditional Christian notion of God to an episode of I Dream of Jeannie.

What about the application I put forward? I know its a tough one to wrap ones mind around but I demonstrated how a person uses the creation point of view to forward research. Its not the first time science has had help from religious sources.
I'm sure Galileo is turning in his grave at those words.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 08:13 PM #171 of 270
See, heres the problem. God can create a rock thats millions of years older than the earth actually is - but the guy can't make a BLT because its from an unclean animal.

Something there just don't add up, if you ask me.
I'll say it, I lolled.

Technically, it became clean as soon as technology progressed to the point where the animal was actually COOKED.
Wait, for real now - you mean during the exodus they didn't cook food? You're shitting me. How did they make bread?

Most amazing jew boots
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 08:14 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 07:14 PM #172 of 270
Wait, for real now - you mean during the exodus they didn't cook food? You're shitting me. How did they make bread?
That was also God's work.

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 08:20 PM #173 of 270
The eucharist is just a metaphor!

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 08:24 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 07:24 PM #174 of 270
That's not what Dull meant. It rained bread every morning during the exodus. They just had to pick it up every morning. You know, because they couldn't cook.

I can't make shit like that up.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 08:36 PM #175 of 270

no wonder my sister's a jewophile, that shit is awesome.

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Products of Creation Science