Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Products of Creation Science
Closed Thread

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 09:15 PM 1 #176 of 270
That's not what Dull meant. It rained bread every morning during the exodus. They just had to pick it up every morning. You know, because they couldn't cook.

I can't make shit like that up.
Jesus was way cool
Everybody liked Jesus
Everybody wanted to hang out with him
Anything he wanted to do, he did
He turned water into wine
And if he wanted to
He could have turned wheat into marijuana
Or sugar into cocaine
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines

He could've played guitar better than Hendrix
He could've told the future
He could've baked the most delicious cake in the world
He could've scored more goals than Wayne Gretzky
He could've danced better than Barishnikov
Jesus could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of
Jesus was way cool

He told people to eat his body and drink his blood
That's so cool
Jesus was so cool
But then some people got jealous of how cool he was
So they killed him
But then he rose from the dead
He rose from the dead, danced around
Then went up to heaven
I mean, that's so cool
Jesus was way cool

- King Missile: Jesus Was Way Cool (Excerpts)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 09:26 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 09:26 PM #177 of 270
That's not what Dull meant. It rained bread every morning during the exodus. They just had to pick it up every morning. You know, because they couldn't cook.

I can't make shit like that up.
I thought it rained mana because there's a surprisingly small amount of food in the Sinai.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 09:39 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 08:39 PM #178 of 270
I thought it rained mana because there's a surprisingly small amount of food in the Sinai.
I thought everyone would get that I was making a joke, but we saw how that turned out.

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:04 PM #179 of 270
Wait, for real now - you mean during the exodus they didn't cook food? You're shitting me. How did they make bread?
Well, there is that whole "unleavened" thing. Plus there's cooked and then there's cooked well enough to prevent trichinosis.

Most amazing jew boots
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:05 PM #180 of 270
We believed the hype.

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE LORDSWORD! LEAVE, RUN NOW!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:26 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 10:26 PM #181 of 270
I thought everyone would get that I was making a joke, but we saw how that turned out.
Political Palace is serious business, mister.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2007, 06:32 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2007, 04:32 PM #182 of 270
Quote:
So God tells you to be condescending as well. I see.
Yeah, if by "God" you mean his ego. Don't you realize that we only exist as supporting characters in this (jedi) hero's RPG quest to defeat evil?

Oh, save me from my ignorance, great hero!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
killerpineapple
Chocobo

Member 18440

Level 10.84

Jan 2007

Old Nov 26, 2007, 05:20 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 03:20 AM 1 #183 of 270
What I don't understand, and what you have yet to clearly answer is why God wouldn't just let the natural laws he had just developed create the Earth, instead of just blinking it all into existence.
I have no problem with the idea that God created the laws of physics and let creation takes it's course. I do have the unproven hunch that He may have helped push things along. I personally like to think that my existence is due to more than just the pure chance happening of certain molecules combining billions of years ago.

Myself and many of my practicing Christian brethren look at evolution and wonder how something so carefully analyzed and tested can possibly be false. The facts and methods simply make sense to me. But even though it contradicts a strict literal interpretation of the bible, it in no way damages my belief in God as the creator.

For whatever reason this point of view seems to irritate, confound, or anger certain people. Having my cake and eating it too. Mmmmmm, cake. Anyhoo, I don't think anyone can truly understand God. Like science, we can learn a lot but there will always be a lot more we don't know.

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 05:30 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 05:30 AM #184 of 270
What I find a problem with people who view the universe as a creationist machine and are not also Deists is that an artificial universe with its own natural laws sort of defeats the point of divine interference, unless God is a big jerk who likes to fuck with us.

killerpineapple
Chocobo

Member 18440

Level 10.84

Jan 2007

Old Nov 26, 2007, 05:44 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 03:44 AM #185 of 270
What I find a problem with people who view the universe as a creationist machine and are not also Deists is that an artificial universe with its own natural laws sort of defeats the point of divine interference, unless God is a big jerk who likes to fuck with us.
People such as myself simply don't view a God created universe as 'artificial', regardless of how creation is explained. And while I don't view God as being a jerk, I do prefer an authority with the power and desire to intervene in the natural course of things to one that just works for six days and then sits back and spectates from afar all the way till the end of time.

And I suppose the ultimate way to 'f***' with someone would be to damn them to hell. So in a way I'm not totally disagreeing with you. But who says He can't help us too? ... Well, I guess a lot of us would say that I suppose. Oh well. :P

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 05:49 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 05:49 AM #186 of 270
I just don't think there's much point in trying to help us if the universe operates on natural laws. It'd be much more interesting to observe the universe operating on its own.

It is nice to think that we're special, but that doesn't necessarily make us God's chosen people regardless of what the Bible says.

The view of the universe as artificial is sort of necessary in a creationist perspective, because without God creating the universe, the universe would not exist. Therefore God is the state of nature.

How ya doing, buddy?
LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:04 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 11:04 AM #187 of 270
What I don't understand, and what you have yet to clearly answer (despite your best efforts to explain it so I can understand) is why God wouldn't just let the natural laws he had just developed create the Earth, instead of just blinking it all into existence.
God makes a point from time to time to show how powerful He is. I see it as a teaching tool to help us stretch our minds outside the box of uniformitarianism.

Myself and many of my practicing Christian brethren look at evolution and wonder how something so carefully analyzed and tested can possibly be false.
I'm one of the oddball Christians who does not agree with this. Earlier Denicalis hinted at something I already knew....
That's why science is constantly reworking and moving away from the initial theory and expanding. It's the reason I took evolutionary and vertebrate biology in university.
Scientists are starting to bump into dead ends when it comes to explaining things through the evolutionary perspective.
I think the notion of irreducible complexity & intelligent design is the next step forward. As in the past fear and hate rear its ugly head again because the established majority is threatend by change.

The view of the universe as artificial is sort of necessary in a creationist perspective, because without God creating the universe, the universe would not exist. Therefore God is the state of nature.
Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

The notion of a universe that is filled with purpose is supported by creation science. Everywhere science turns there is a discovery of some new system of complex order surpassing our own creative intentions. Scientists have yet to find evidence of "accidental creation".

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:27 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 12:27 PM 4 #188 of 270
If I may interject, just how much longer is this merry-go-round of religious bickering going to keep going?

I ask because I get the sense that people grow weary of pointlessly arguing theology with you and would rather move on to other topics of discussion, such as anything else at all.

LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:40 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 11:40 AM #189 of 270
If I may interject, just how much longer is this merry-go-round of religious bickering going to keep going?

I ask because I get the sense that people grow weary of pointlessly arguing theology with you and would rather move on to other topics of discussion, such as anything else at all.
As long as there is doubt in the hearts of men.
I know people get angry with me and the supporters of this subject because deep down there is something unsettled that points to a God. Its pulling now drawing us together, the ultimate end of creation science is to bring people to the acceptance of what they already know.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:42 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 12:42 PM #190 of 270
Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

The notion of a universe that is filled with purpose is supported by creation science. Everywhere science turns there is a discovery of some new system of complex order surpassing our own creative intentions. Scientists have yet to find evidence of "accidental creation".
Irrelevance of the scripture aside, wouldn't your argument here applied to its extreme mean that God itself was created?

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:51 PM #191 of 270
I guess we can look forward to this pointless regressive mindset for the rest of eternity then.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:54 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 10:54 AM 1 #192 of 270
AWESOME. Easily attainable goal considering that common sense and free thinking aren't a part of the rational human's thought process. Also, can you cure cancer for us too? Because, you know, that would help me out a lot.

Ridan Krad
And All Eyes Fix on the Death of Tomorrow

Member 690

Level 8.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:00 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 11:00 AM #193 of 270
God makes a point from time to time to show how powerful He is. I see it as a teaching tool to help us stretch our minds outside the box of uniformitarianism.
In other words, God's an all-powerful, ego-maniac who will arbitrarily violate his own laws of nature just to make a point of how awesome he is. I don't see how God violating nature expands anyone's perspective, but I think I have a pretty clear picture now of the sort of God you believe in.

Quote:
I know people get angry with me and the supporters of this subject because deep down there is something unsettled that points to a God. Its pulling now drawing us together, the ultimate end of creation science is to bring people to the acceptance of what they already know.
Proclaiming your argument valid doesn't make it so.

The ultimate end of creation "science" is to try to pretend that God violating natural laws to serve his ego somehow is a logical way to manage a universe.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:00 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 12:00 PM 3 #194 of 270
"We don't know the answer. Right, well, must be God. I mean, otherwise we could explain everything. Because we have the full understanding of the universe."

You arrogant, arrogant fuck. You're the reason people think christians are pricks. I mean, you know that, right? You're the problem your religion has. You're the reason people don't like to go to church. You're the reason when someone says they're christian, scientific minded people look with disdain. If people like you would shut the fuck up, maybe perceptions would actually shift.

Here, let me sum up every argument you've ever made:

"I don't know the answer, so God."

"People disagree with me because God tests me. God."

"Not everyone hates me, they just know God is the answer to all things and they're afraid."

"Oh hey, my cable went on the fritz. GOD."

"The volcano exploded and we don't know why. UG KNOWS IT WAS VOLCANO GOD."

"Oh, have I mentioned I'm religious?"

SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP

Sweet merciful crap, didn't we ban Simply Majestic for shit like this?

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:03 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 11:03 AM #195 of 270
Sweet merciful crap, didn't we ban Simply Majestic for shit like this?
Yes we did actually.

BRB GOIN TO MODHUT

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:03 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 01:03 PM #196 of 270
God told me it'll be ending sooner than that.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:05 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 10:05 AM #197 of 270

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:30 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 11:30 AM 1 #198 of 270
the ultimate end of creation science is to bring people to the acceptance of what they already know.
That creation science is a load of bunk?

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:36 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 01:36 PM #199 of 270
The ultimate end of creation "science" is to try to pretend that God violating natural laws to serve his ego somehow is a logical way to manage a universe.
It is if you're God I guess, QED this thread

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 02:08 PM 1 #200 of 270
God doesn't need to do shit to prove how powerful He is to you. So, with that in mind - prove it. Don't prove to me God exists, prove to me that physics is wrong.

Or show me how creationism can create predictive models that can be used for technology ie vaccines, like Evolution can. Yeah I capitalized it. Show me how creationism can be useful for anyone other than people who're butthurt by science.

God says He gave you a perfectly useable brain, and he's pissed off 'cause you let it rot.

edit: lol drama while I wasn't paying attention

Last edited by Sarag; Nov 26, 2007 at 02:11 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Products of Creation Science