Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:51 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 07:51 AM #1351 of 3592
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
"Hey I read somewhere that Oblivion is coming to PS3, this true guys?"
"Hmmmm, no! Tee hee"
"GIRLISH LAUGH! TIME TO RUN TO THE INTERNET, OBLIVION CONFIRMED!"
"No no really, come on, it's not. Come on. Ssh"
"Oh damn, but are you even thinking about it?"
"We're very busy right now, too busy to think"
"BUSY PORTING IT TO PS3? CONFIRMED AGAIN! TO THE INTERNET!"
"Naw naw. Naw. Come on now. Come on. Stop that"

*Months later*

"HAHA, OBLIVION FOR PS3! SURPRISE!"
"Oh okay cool"
"YEAH BUT.. IT WAS A GOOD SURPRISE RIGHT?"
"I suppose"
"... YEAH BUT.. COME ON, WE DID OUR BEST TO NOT LEAK THIS..."
"Mmm hmm"
"FUCK YOU"
Haha, as funny as that was Infernal, I really wanna know if this is "seriously" confirmed. Since when did this new rumor get confirmed? Has Bethesda actually announced that Oblivion was getting ported to the PS3 and getting a PSP rendition? Cuz, the last announcement they made with regards to the topic was a negative one.

FELIPE NO

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:36 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 11:36 PM #1352 of 3592
Yep, it's really true and all! SOLDIER's quote about it above came from 1UP, so yeah! =o

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:06 AM #1353 of 3592
Bethesda press release announcing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the PS3:

Quote:
Bethesda Softworks Announces Oblivion™
for PLAYSTATION®3 and PSP®System

Award-Winning, Best-Selling Role Playing Game Slated As
PLAYSTATION®3 Launch Title in North America and Europe

September 28, 2006 (Rockville, MD) -- Bethesda Softworks® announced today that its blockbuster role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ will be a launch title for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system this November in North America, and next March in Europe when the new console is expected to be released there. In addition, The Elder Scrolls® Travels: Oblivion™ will be released on the PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) system in the Spring 2007 in North America and Europe.

Both the PLAYSTATION 3 and PSP system titles will be published exclusively in North America by Bethesda Softworks, while in Europe, Ubisoft will serve as co-publisher. Complete details on both games are available in Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine's (OPM) exclusive cover story (November issue), which hits newsstands Oct. 10. In its article OPM previews the gameplay, graphics, and new content in Oblivion and concludes: "If any game is worth the price of the PS3, Oblivion is it."

Released in March for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows, Oblivion has already earned high praises and awards from publications around the world. Official Xbox Magazine (US) gave Oblivion a 9.5 out of 10 and an Editor’s Choice award, calling Oblivion "An Absolute Masterpiece." G4 TV named it the Best Game of 2006, and PC Gamer (UK) ranked Oblivion #1 on its list of the Top 100 PC games of all time.

Metracritic.com lists Oblivion as the highest rated game of all time on Xbox 360. Oblivion has also been nominated for numerous awards in upcoming events, including the Golden Joystick Awards (five nominations) and The British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards (five nominations).

"We're very excited to be able to bring a game like Oblivion out for launch for the PLAYSTATION 3," said Bethesda Softworks president, Vlatko Andonov. “Oblivion's countless awards and commercial success to date make it clear that PLAYSTATION 3 owners are in for a real treat this November."

Oblivion features a powerful combination of free-form gameplay, unprecedented graphics, cutting edge AI, character voices by acting legends Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean, Terrance Stamp, and Lynda Carter, and an award-winning soundtrack. Gamers can choose to unravel Oblivion's epic narrative at their own pace or explore the vast world in search of their own unique challenges.

After the mysterious and untimely death of the Emperor, the throne of Tamriel lies empty. With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land -- laying waste to everything in their path. To turn the tide of darkness, you must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:21 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 05:21 PM #1354 of 3592
The insanely stupid thing is, I'm tempted to buy the game AGAIN. I know, I'm not what one would consider 'normal'...

Most amazing jew boots

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:31 AM #1355 of 3592
I only got about half way through the one for the 360, but the long load times and the graphical glitches while running outside just got to me. I'll probably rent it for the PS3 to make sure that it's actually better then the 360 one, but if it is better I'll probably pick it up.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:14 PM #1356 of 3592
HOLY SHIT, ZOE3!

Well, *ahem*, that's what the new PSM3 says on the front cover. Needless to say, I'm floored. I thought ZOE2 would be the end of what was one of the best executions of anime-like mech combat.

Source

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:42 PM #1357 of 3592
Not going to go nuts yet. It's a UK magazine, and I hear they aren't very reliable. After the crap with "Oblivion yes/no/yes", I'll wait for a press release or screens from Konami.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:44 PM #1358 of 3592
And if it's Kojima himself? I think that'll be enough then and there, but this is not too far out there. He's expressed interest in reviving the series, Shinkawa has too and they're both making MGS4 their final MGS to work on.

Maybe they can work on this and have it release with a MGS4 demo, seeing as that game won't be out until early to mid 2008.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:58 PM #1359 of 3592
Heh, kinda late there, Metal. ZOE3 was confirmed at the end of last year.

http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/kojipro.../11/000429.php

But um.. YAYYYYYYY

FELIPE NO

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:01 PM #1360 of 3592
Originally Posted by Sepharite
Heh, kinda late there, Metal. ZOE3 was confirmed at the end of last year.

http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/kojipro.../11/000429.php

But um.. YAYYYYYYY
Wait, can we get someone to translate that? How was this not big news?

Edit: Early screenshots of GT:HD, including interior views. Ferrari has been confirmed to be in the game as well as Gran Turismo 5, along with other undisclosed manufacturers. Polyphony Digital suddenly has a very close relationship to the famed car manufacturer, winning praise from one of their lead designers over their reproduction of their cars in-game.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Sep 28, 2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:57 PM #1361 of 3592
Are they still tanks that don't get dents or scratches or mud or dirt or anything? =/

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:24 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 01:24 PM #1362 of 3592
Quote:
Wow, those roads are really realistic. The same can't be said for the cars though.

Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Are they still tanks that don't get dents or scratches or mud or dirt or anything? =/
It wouldn't be Gran Turismo if they did.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:44 PM #1363 of 3592
Manufacturers say hi.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 10:58 AM #1364 of 3592

BAIL OUT

Most amazing jew boots
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:00 PM #1365 of 3592
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey

BAIL OUT
Shop Pedobear in the rearview mirror and we have a winner.

Some new Resistance screens:

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Sep 28, 2006 at 08:25 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:16 PM #1366 of 3592
Are they going to continue tweaking Resistence's graphics up until launch day? Each new screens seem to have better and better detail. It also looked pretty impressive from Game Head's preview last Saturday, with the exception of whenever the Chimeras ran around (looked a little stiff, like they were moving in fast-forward).

And yeah, the landscapes of GT look awesome, but the actual cars don't look quite polished enough. I see jaggies. :/

Also, if ZOE3 was confirmed last year, you'd hear more people raving about it. It's still in the unknown phase, and I wouldn't trust that UK magazine with the "exclusive".

Of course I hope I'm proven wrong.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:33 PM #1367 of 3592
Anyone work at Gamestop/EBGames? The following is a "Gamestop release date list"

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Sep 28, 2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:47 PM #1368 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Manufacturers say hi.
Ridiculous excuse. It just makes the game look even more phony.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:50 PM #1369 of 3592
Didn't they confirm the cars would get damaged/dirtied now?

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:52 PM #1370 of 3592
Ridiculous excuse. It just makes the game look even more phony.
Again, manufacturers say hi. No one wants to see the product they're trying to sell get utterly trashed, even if all it hurts is the product's image. Even if they do allow it, expect them to ask for ridiculous amounts in order to let this happen.

It's a reality. IIRC, Burnout used clones of popular cars because of this reason. Kazunori hasn't given up on getting massive damage into the games, as it was present and reemphasized at the TGS presentation.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:59 PM #1371 of 3592
It just either A) Costs buckets of money that I think Sony should use to pay off emmersion to get rumble back forst and B)Don't have it and gun for it the next time around.

Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 12:45 AM #1372 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Again, manufacturers say hi. No one wants to see the product they're trying to sell get utterly trashed, even if all it hurts is the product's image. Even if they do allow it, expect them to ask for ridiculous amounts in order to let this happen.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I really haven't played it much), but don't the cars in Forza Motorsport get damaged?

The following news is for a PS2 game, but it can be played on a PS3 so it's valid. Right?
Originally Posted by The Magic Box
Sega announced Sega Ages 2500: Phantasy Star I, II, III & IV for PS2, a collection of the four classic Phantasy Star episodes in the 8/16-bit era, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the series.
It's about time. US release?

How ya doing, buddy?

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:47 PM #1373 of 3592
Originally Posted by NoWittyComment
It's about time. US release?
Probably not, since Phantasy Star II, III, and IV will already be in the Sega Genesis Collection for PS2.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:16 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 02:16 PM #1374 of 3592
Originally Posted by Slayer X
It just either A) Costs buckets of money that I think Sony should use to pay off emmersion to get rumble back forst
qft.

'incompatible' with alignment sensoring, what a crap excuse >.>
With the price, they shouldn't be holding out on a now-standardized feature, specially since its in the ps2...

FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:19 AM #1375 of 3592
Originally Posted by NoWittyComment
Correct me if I'm wrong (I really haven't played it much), but don't the cars in Forza Motorsport get damaged?
Slayer X pretty much covered this, Sony doesn't want to pony up the money it'd cost to get them to allow even that little bit of damage.

We already know it can be done on the PS3, just look at Motorstorm and the physics and modeling going on there. We know the team has it as it's goals since the earliest interviews, and strongly pushed at TGS. The automobile industry has long since realized GT's penetration rate and potential for getting exposure for their vehicles.

And, isn't Forza a 1st party game for Microsoft? IE: access to boatloads of money?

FELIPE NO

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread