Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 249 Voting/FORTNIGHT 250 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:26 PM #1 of 26
Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 249 Voting/FORTNIGHT 250 Nominating

Song of the Fortnight. 112.5 Fortnights and counting.
Fortnight 249 Voting is closed as is the universe, spiraling inward toward inevitable Big Crunch.
Fortnight 250 Nominating is as closed as the doors of perception, filthy.

Results:
1). [11] Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - ???
2). [9/6.5] Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle
3). [9/5] 360º Sharks - The Plummet
4). [8] Baby Felix Halloween (Game Rip) - Outer Space
5). [7] Henry Explorers Original Game Soundtrack - CRIMSON POWER ~ Stage A&B Boss (Medusa / Asura)
6). [5] The Sword of Xuan Yuan Side Story: Billows of the Bleak Music Collection - Millennial Destiny
7). [3] Ryuuko no Ken 2 Image Album - Kiss for Geese -Cyber Dub- (Geese Howard)
8). [2] Quantum of Solace (Game Rip) - When Nobody Loves You

Theme Week Nominations
In honor of Ryu Umemoto, who recently lost his lifelong battle with death, we're accepting nominations for a memorial theme week.

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: 360º Sharks - The Plummet
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Baby Felix Halloween (Game Rip) - Outer Space
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Henry Explorers Original Game Soundtrack - CRIMSON POWER ~ Stage A&B Boss (Medusa / Asura)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - ???
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Quantum of Solace (Game Rip) - When Nobody Loves You
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Ryuuko no Ken 2 Image Album - Kiss for Geese -Cyber Dub- (Geese Howard)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: The Sword of Xuan Yuan Side Story: Billows of the Bleak Music Collection - Millennial Destiny

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotF server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotFexperience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Fortnight 250 Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by orion_mk3; Sep 7, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:19 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2011, 03:19 PM #2 of 26
250 would be a fitting week to honor Umemoto. I'm only familiar with some of his work, but he does a good job.

In other news, SotW.info is up for renewal. I want to verify that I should renew it. It's open to discussion from CHz or any others.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:17 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2011, 04:17 AM #3 of 26
Sounds good to me, chief.

Also, as orion mentioned in the first post, I'm putting together a little Ryu Umemoto memorial shindig over here. If you're familiar with his music, chip in one of his game compositions, something he arranged, an original composition, whatever works. I have a feeling he's a bit too obscure for a full theme week (feel free to prove me wrong!), so we'll just fill any gaps with normal nominations. So nominate ordinary stuff too!

We'll have a regularly planned theme week some time later in this batch. I need to find and check the list, but I believe next is either acoustic week or Dave Wise week.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:55 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2011, 09:55 PM #4 of 26
Hopefully acoustic! By the way, hopefully we can do a Halloween theme week this year. Anyway here's a Ryu Umemoto nom <3

Nomination #69

Composer: Ryu Umemoto
Arranger: Keishi Yonao
Album: Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo: YU-NO SUPER SOUND TRACK
Track Title: Growth
Track Number: 2-17
Year: 1997
Catalog Number: YU-NO-1
Additional Information: Was hoping to make nom #69 a h-game nom. alas

A sweet, unpretentious and dignified composition is now in the FTP.

Most amazing jew boots
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:52 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2011, 05:52 PM #5 of 26
I've already nominated my favorite piece by Umemoto, his arrangement of the original Psyvariar opening theme from Psyvariar "The Mix," which shows off his screaming FM skills and general ability to kick ass. So let's get sappy. I was introduced to Umemoto through Touhou (specifically Factory Noise & AG's Time Limit albums), so let's send him out with some Touhou.
  • Album: ScapeGoat
  • Artist: Ryu Umemoto
  • Composer: ZUN (Junya Ota)
  • Disc #: 1 (of 1)
  • Track #: 6
  • Track Title: Player's Score
  • Catalogue Number: GMIX-0004
  • Year: 2008
  • Additional Info: This is really more an original piece built on a repeating pattern from a minimal source, though.
  • Also: Actually it's kind of abstractly similar to that Psyvariar arrangement in that way, since that also bulked up a minimal source tune with layered build and lots of wanking.
  • Source: GMIX-0004 | ScapeGoat - VGMdb

Additional Information: Was hoping to make nom #69 a h-game nom. alas
The original PC-98 version of that game does have sexytimes in it, so mission accomplished!

(no I've never played it, I'm just repeating what MobyGames told me, stop looking at me like that)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:08 PM 1 #6 of 26
(feel free to prove me wrong!)
SOTW is still for gays it's not like I'm doing this for you guys or anything

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Aug 23, 2011 at 08:11 PM.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:09 PM #7 of 26
Reposting my Umemoto nom from the Battle thread for consistency's sake:

Album: Manabu Namiki Selection Deathsmiles Premium Arrange Album
Composer: Manabu Namiki
Arranger: Ryu Umemoto
Track: Rebellion of the Lake Village - Stage C-2
Track #: 06
Catalog Number: CVST-0009
Year: 2009
Source: CVST-0009 | Manabu Namiki Selection Deathsmiles Premium Arrange Album - VGMdb
Additional Info: Uploading to FTP.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:07 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2011, 03:07 AM #8 of 26
Go ahead and postpone my current nom til next time. Here's my nom for week 250:

=== Kaleb.G ===
* Album: ESPGALUDA II Black Label ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
* Artist: Ryu Umemoto
* Composer: Manabu Namiki, N.T
* Disc #: 1 (of 1)
* Track #: 2 (of 18)
* Track Title: Stage1
* Catalogue Number: CVST-0013
* Year: 2010
* Additional Info: This song is an arrangement of ESPGALUDA II's "Mutiny - Fate is with the Girl (Stage1)" by Manabu Namiki, which is an arrangement of ESPGALUDA's "Bloody Separation ~ Bloody Arrival - Stage1&Stage5.2" by N.T ... sorry I didn't have anything better than an arrangement to nominate.
* Source: CVST-0013 | ESPGALUDA II Black Label ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK - VGMdb

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:48 PM #9 of 26
(3 points) 360º Sharks - The Plummet: Those damn 360 degree sharks will get you everytime. The best of a mediocre week. Syncopated beat, some nice synth going on, good enough for me.

(2 points) The Sword of Xuan Yuan Side Story: Billows of the Bleak Music Collection - Millennial Destiny: Sort of standard orchestral/asian, but it does its job adequately enough.

(1 points) Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - ???: Holy crap, this thing is heinous. But so is everything else, so why not? Or should we save it for Cat week?

orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:17 PM #10 of 26
I guess someone sould vote so the tumbleweeds shut up.

360º Sharks - The Plummet Nothing super epic about this one, just a smooth little tune with a great melody from Bandcamp.

Baby Felix Halloween (Game Rip) - Outer Space Fun bloopy synths with a great melody. Oh BCC, where art thou?

Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle Ouch. It's the rare song that sounds both out of tune and painfully mundane, but this one pulls it off.

Henry Explorers Original Game Soundtrack - CRIMSON POWER ~ Stage A&B Boss (Medusa / Asura) I'd much rather explore Henrietta, personally. Nasty grunge rock does little for me.

Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - ??? I knew the Japanese were nuts about cats, but this is just the nadir. Disclaimer: not a cat person.

Quantum of Solace (Game Rip) - When Nobody Loves You Plenty of the Bond theme is usually a good recipe for decent VGM. Unfortunately, this song seems to be doing its best to ape "Another Way to Die," one of the worst Bond songs in living memory.

Ryuuko no Ken 2 Image Album - Kiss for Geese -Cyber Dub- (Geese Howard) Annoying SFX + mediocre music =

The Sword of Xuan Yuan Side Story: Billows of the Bleak Music Collection - Millennial Destiny Is there even a Sword of Xuan Yuan Main Story? I'd like to see music from that sometime. This is decent, downbeat stuff with that Asian edge one expects from something called Xuan Yuan.

The Point Spread
The Plummet - 3 pts.
Outer Space - 2 pts.
Millennial Fair Destiny - 1 pt.

I'll try and cough up a comemerative nom once I finish combing thru the departed's discography.

How ya doing, buddy?
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2011, 01:07 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2011, 08:07 PM #11 of 26
Truth be told, this week was pretty bleh.

<<3 Points>> Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle
<<2 Points>> Baby Felix Halloween (Game Rip) - Outer Space
<<1 Point>> Quantum of Solace (Game Rip) - When Nobody Loves You

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2011, 09:19 PM #12 of 26
2 points: (pawprints)
2 points: CRIMSON POWER
1 point: Final Battle
1 point: Outer Space
just missed: When Nobody Loves You, Kiss for Geese -Cyber Dub- (Geese Howard)

This DMC1+3 cat mashup. Who is responsible for this, and why is it in a Monster Hunter album of all things.

Everyone deserves a pat on their back for making this week happen.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2011, 02:30 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2011, 12:30 AM #13 of 26
A+ track selection this week also fyi guys vote

2 points: Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle
2 points: Henry Explorers Original Game Soundtrack - CRIMSON POWER ~ Stage A&B Boss (Medusa / Asura)
2 points: Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - ???
also neat: Outer Space, Kiss for Geese -Cyber Dub- (Geese Howard)

I guess I only needed to tag CRIMSON POWER with Izumi because this has got to be him, no breakdown be damned. f yeah vgmetal (let's have a metal week; orion you'd better bring your A-game when it comes to whinging)

Also more people in this thread need to g-g-get on the floor.

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2011, 02:40 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2011, 03:40 AM #14 of 26
Wow, this week deserves props for being one of the zaniest weeks yet. Maybe we should have a Week of the Weird in the future.

(2 points) 360 Degree Sharks - The Plummet
Great easy listening piece. Very smooth and quite sublime. Also digging the rythmic sections.

(2 points) The Sword of Xuan Yuan Side Story - Billows of the Bleak Music Collection - Millennial Destiny
I'm a sucker for melodrama, especially when it's done well in a game (but none of that whiny emo stuff, please). "Millennial Destiny" is no exception, embodying some of the incredibly tragic events in the game.

(1 point) Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - (pawprints)
The ultimate weird track, no contest. I've heard cat mewing sounds being used in songs before but not quite to the extent of this track. And what's the name of this track again?! It shows up as "???" in my player.

(1 point) Quantum of Solace (Game Rip) - When Nobody Loves You
It's a pretty cool James Bond tune. Not the greatest I've heard (hello, GoldenEye) but a competent piece with some nice Bjork-like warbling.

I'm not terribly familiar with many tracks by Umemoto and I guess Yu-No has already been nominated. But here's one that caught my ear:

* Album Title: Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album
* Composer: Manabu Namiki
* Track Title: We Did It! <Stage Clear>
* Source: CVAS-003 | Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album - VGMdb
* File Location: Nominations folder
* Disc Number: 2 (of 2)
* Track Number: 4
* Catalogue Number: CVAS-003
* Year: 2009

Most amazing jew boots
I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Sep 4, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:20 AM #15 of 26
The track title for the Monster Hunter/Devil May Cry song is just an image of three paws on the album, there's not really a way to translate it into text.

2 points - Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - ???
1 point - 360º Sharks - The Plummet
1 point - Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle
1 point - Henry Explorers Original Game Soundtrack - CRIMSON POWER ~ Stage A&B Boss (Medusa / Asura)
1 point - Ryuuko no Ken 2 Image Album - Kiss for Geese -Cyber Dub- (Geese Howard)

How ya doing, buddy?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2011, 05:15 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2011, 08:15 PM #16 of 26
3 points: Baby Felix Halloween (Game Rip) - Outer Space
1 point: Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - ???
1 point: Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle
1 point: Henry Explorers Original Game Soundtrack - CRIMSON POWER ~ Stage A&B Boss (Medusa / Asura)

Whaaa? I actually thought everyone would love "Outer Space" and that it would do really well, perhaps clinch first place! I personally love it, and get a neat Silver Surfer "Level 2" feel from it. So catchy, as is the rest of the soundtrack.

"CRIMSON POWER" really does remind me of crimson power. The voice samples in "Final Battle" rock and I would pay to play this final battle in-game. "meow" melts scratches my face off and really reminds me of a crazier version of "Animal Minimal" from Gurumin. I lost it at 2:43. I wish there was enough room to sneak this into BBSCSC.

On the other hand: hello piercing woodwind in "The Plummet" "Kiss for Geese" needs more geese; and the Quantum of Solace track needs more cats, desperately =X

and finally, "Millennial Destiny" bored the pants off me..

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2011, 05:39 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2011, 03:39 AM #17 of 26
By the way in case you didn't know a fortnight is two million weeks i.e. from August 22 to RIGHT NOW, so if you don't want this to be a twentyonenight then picking up the pace would be nice.

That said, Devil May Cats is currently winning so you may want to factor that into your decision (to not vote and let it win).

Also we are at six Ryu Umemoto nominations, so we could use two more plain noms to pad next week. Preferably from people other than those who have nominated Umemoto stuff but at this point I will probably take what I can get. Or we can do a sixer, that's cool I guess.

Undertale (PC, 2015)

Last edited by Tails; Sep 5, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:40 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2011, 07:40 PM 1 #18 of 26
Ok, I'm letting it win more.

2 points: Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - Devil May Cats
2 points: Ryuuko no Ken 2 Image Album - Kiss for Geese -Cyber Dub- (Geese Howard)
1 point: Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle
1 point: Henry Explorers Original Game Soundtrack - CRIMSON POWER ~ Stage A&B Boss (Medusa / Asura)
Just missed: When Nobody Loves You, Outer Space (ohoho)

Plain nom if you'd like to use one:

orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2011, 02:18 PM #19 of 26
Oh very well.

UmemotoNom:
AKAI KATANA ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK - Anemone (ending)
I only heard it on YouTube, so it's up to Citizen CHz to locate it.

RegularNom:
Album: Create Original Videogame Score
Artist: Ian Livingstone
Track Title: Skate Park Shuffle
Year: 2010
Source: VGMdb

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:06 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2011, 09:06 PM #20 of 26
1). [11] Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~ - ???
2). [9/6.5] Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 (SNES Game Rip) - Final Battle
3). [9/5] 360º Sharks - The Plummet
4). [8] Baby Felix Halloween (Game Rip) - Outer Space
5). [7] Henry Explorers Original Game Soundtrack - CRIMSON POWER ~ Stage A&B Boss (Medusa / Asura)
6). [5] The Sword of Xuan Yuan Side Story: Billows of the Bleak Music Collection - Millennial Destiny
7). [3] Ryuuko no Ken 2 Image Album - Kiss for Geese -Cyber Dub- (Geese Howard)
8). [2] Quantum of Solace (Game Rip) - When Nobody Loves You

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2011, 02:05 PM #21 of 26
As if further proof was needed that the internet is basically about funny cats and everything else is window dressing.

Also, I count 7 Umemorial noms. Are we going to scrape up another?

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2011, 05:57 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2011, 03:57 PM #22 of 26
Nah, no need to drag this one out. Seven is more than I thought we'd get, honestly. We'll just go on with Draconis's Assault Rigs pick crashing the party (<3).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:28 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2011, 12:28 PM #23 of 26
Er, if you don't mind accepting multiple noms from the same nominator, I chanced upon a Umemoto track on YouTube that sucked me in. Had no luck tracing the apparently uber rare but very promising album it comes from (anybody has it?!).

Anyways, here's a rip of the audio from the YouTube vid of the Groundseed shop demo movie. Edited out long periods of silence.

If having more than one nomination per nominator is an issue, I'd like to replace my previous nom with the Groundseed one.

* Album Title: Groundseed (Game Rip)
* Track Title: Groundseed Shop Demo
* Source: EMCX-0002 | GROUNSEED "THE ORIGIN" - Ryu Umemoto & Ryu Takami Rare... - VGMdb ; Ground Seed Shop Demo - YouTube ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0Sh...eature=related
* File Location: Nominations folder
* Disc Number: NA
* Track Number: NA
* Catalogue Number: NA
* Year: 1996 (according to intro movie of the game from the YouTube video)

How ya doing, buddy?
I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Sep 8, 2011 at 12:21 AM.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Sep 8, 2011, 03:29 AM #24 of 26
If having more than one nom per nominator is an issue, I'd like to steal Elorin's abandoned Umemoto nom, as I don't have one, if there's still time to do so.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2011, 06:24 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2011, 04:24 AM #25 of 26
Oh you guys.

Sure I'll get it up tomorrow.

Undertale (PC, 2015)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 249 Voting/FORTNIGHT 250 Nominating