Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] ERRYDAY MINECRAFT

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:52 PM #126 of 184
Well Sass is in tutorial mode right now, so having her start out in a completely developed server without any concept of what she was doing probably wasn't the best idea. Multiplayer survival mode would be the easiest way for her to learn once she gets the basics down, and then she'll be good to do whatever creative shit she wants.

We'll definitely come back once we get to that point though!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Dopefish; Mar 27, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
Boo-kun
boo u

Member 311

Level 20.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2011, 07:23 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2011, 02:23 PM 8 #127 of 184
What has Boo, the autistic junk been up to?

Joined pgenesis.com (that's the login ip) smp server few months ago and been mining & building just about daily there since.

Here's some picture spam:

Entrance for visitors on the right. We have home teleport that you can invite people over if you wish. Goes inside the mountain.

The falls and farms.

Couple of shots inside the mountain home itself.

yup it's under a mountain that's under a lake.

Unfinished castle area. Yes that's a giant heart in the middle, cuz ugaynigga.jpg

Shot from the castle area gates.

And finally my love, G.F.F, Glorious Finland Frigate.

Feel free to join us

FELIPE NO
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:58 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2011, 07:58 PM #128 of 184
I am happy to announce that Project Genesis now has iConomy! Our first iConomy plugin is "Sign Trader". You can use a chest and some signs to make fully functional buying and selling shops!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:05 AM #129 of 184
Anyone happen to know how my server got posted on 4chan? My server got wrecked. I made a backup thankfully but still.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2011, 07:52 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2011, 05:52 PM #130 of 184
It's always good to have constant backups running. I have 10 hours worth of backups at 30-minute increments. Plus WorldGuard, Anti-Grief, etc.

Most amazing jew boots

Old Apr 4, 2011, 02:55 AM #131 of 184
Just curious which backup plugin do you use? I have since implemented a white list that has taken care of the problem but it would be nice to have backups too. Like I said earlier I just happened to be looking at my server when I noticed unknown players wandering about and decided I should do a quick copy/paste of the server. Had I not been there the server would have been trashed to high hell.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2011, 05:59 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2011, 03:59 AM #132 of 184
I use an admin tool called "McMyAdmin". One of the best things I ever did for our server. You can set up a schedule to do things like automatic saving, auto-backup, auto-restart, server notices, etc. It also monitors the state of the server and will automatically restart if it stops responding or encounters a "[SEVERE]" error. A truly useful tool.

I also recommend installing either Permissions or GroupManager, along with either Anti-Build or Anti-Grief. Using this combination, you can create a guest group and set their build rights to "false". You can even make it so that they will be completely unable to interact with anything, period. Another useful plugin is WorldGuard. This will prevent things like TNT damage, fire spread, lava fire spread, and even the spread of lava itself. You can also blacklist certain items like lava buckets, TNT blocks, etc.

And of course, there is also Big Brother, which creates a MySQL database logging every action taken by every player. With a single command, you can easily undo hours of griefing in an instant.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:05 AM #133 of 184
I'm gonna look into McMyAdmin. I'm currently just using a simple GUI called Crafty which doesn't do too much but has worked well enough so far.

I only just learned last night why Permissions wasn't working. Essential's GroupManager was also installed. Apparently if you have both installed shit just doesn't work that calls for Permissions. Removed GroupManager and problem solved.

I think BigBrother looks neat but I'm a bit loath to install MySQL for a server this small. At the same time I don't exactly like pruning months of old backup files. I did that when I used MCAdmin (which had a backup feature) until I found craftbukkit which is sooooo much better it's not even funny. Only thing I never got around to when I switched was setting up a backup solution.

I'm a bit wary of banning tnt and fire and such. I like to think that I can trust my friends and people on GFF not to wreck the place when they visit. TNT can be very useful when tunneling and fire is good in certain situations. The only thing I have set is that creepers don't cause structural damage as its damn annoying cleaning up after them. Their explosions still hurt. Creepers are kind of bullshit on SMP anyway since you have to go directly after them very quickly with two sword swings or they'll explode in your face. I suppose I could use world protect or something to disallow creeper explosions in certain areas but I'm very lazy and don't really feel like laying down protection areas.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:07 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2011, 10:07 PM #134 of 184
Oh hey, so I paid for Minecraft but when I tried to connect to the pgenesis thing it told me it was an outdated server or something?

Edit: Loving the singleplayer though, I've got a pretty epic Moria mine thing building up.

Boo-kun
boo u

Member 311

Level 20.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:29 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2011, 11:29 PM #135 of 184
Oh hey, so I paid for Minecraft but when I tried to connect to the pgenesis thing it told me it was an outdated server or something?

Edit: Loving the singleplayer though, I've got a pretty epic Moria mine thing building up.
pgenesis is still using 1.3 server, because most of the plugins are not updated fast enough, so it's better to not update yet to avoid a mess..

so either you wait until pgenesis updates to 1.4 or you could downgrade your client by downloading this 1.3 bin folder and copying it over your .minecraft/bin, then with the new minecraft.exe you choose from options not to update now.

FELIPE NO
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2011, 06:31 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2011, 04:31 PM #136 of 184
Yeah, we use a ton of plugins for Craftbukkit, and unfortunately, all of the most important and essential ones either haven't updated yet, or have been completely abandoned by their authors.

This is a very common occurrence, unfortunately. I am looking for alternatives and replacements at the moment.

Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:31 PM #137 of 184
I don't know how advanced you've made your server but I'm running craftbukkit 617 which supports version 1.4 and while a few plugins are a bit iffy most of it seems to work. The stable build or rather recommended build right now is 616 which if you use the automatic updater in McMyAdmin will probably put you on. I discovered this while mucking around with it and suddenly one of my dumb plugins that requires 617 stopped working.

This is where I normally go to get various builds, however it appears to be down at least on my end:
http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/

It's only 10 dollars but I'm unsure of McMyAdmin. I don't really like that it limits you to only 8 players on non-pay but its understandable. I'm also unsure of how it handles backups. The very shitty MCAdmin had a backup solution that would pile as many as you like until you run out of harddrive space (which I almost did a couple times) while McMyAdmin limits you to 7 or something. I'm not sure what that's about. I might try my hand at a backup plugin instead. I do enjoy McMyAdmins web administration though. I only wish they would allow you to minimize the program to your system tray or something. It's not a big deal but it would make the ordeal more seamless. So I do thank you for the recommendation. I'll have to test some more.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:31 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2011, 10:31 PM #138 of 184
You can have as many backups as you want with McMyAdmin. Just change the setting in the config file. Personally, I have 20 backups. The oldest backup is deleted when the newest one is made, so it only uses a set amount of HD space once the maximum number of backups is reached.

Also, I did finally manage to upgrade to 1.4. The only thing that was holding me back was Big Brother, and they finally released a version stable enough to use.

And of course I know where to find the best plugins and CB builds. It's my job to know.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:57 AM #139 of 184
Yeah I kind of figured you did. In any case, I looked into the issue of not being able to access that site and it is down right now. I'm glad you managed to upgrade to 1.4 compatibility without much issue. Big Brother is just too much of a hassle for a small server like mine but I can see how you really can't do without it with such a huge server. It wouldn't be wise to have to rely on backups all the time when your backups are probably huuuge. How often do you do your backups anyway? Like four times a day?

Nice catch on the backup limit in the config file. I kind of like that it does so many backup and then starts over-writing. I did start running out of space last time I did backups so I guess I might give this another go.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:20 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2011, 11:20 PM #140 of 184
I have McMyAdmin set to backup the whole map once every half hour, always. With a maximum of 20 backups, that is 10 hours worth of backups. Each backup is about 2.3GB, but I have an almost completely unused 1TB hard disk drive in my PC, so the space taken up by the backups is a non-issue.

Since I run my server off of a RAM disk, restoring backups is also a non-issue. It takes less than a minute to shut down the server, delete the current world, restore a backup, and bring the server back online.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:06 PM 1 #141 of 184
YouTube Video

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:42 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2011, 01:42 PM 1 #142 of 184
Project Genesis has now enabled hostile mobs for a more challenging and varied style of play! Come join us today at PGenesis.com!

Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:28 PM #143 of 184
Have they finally released a good 1.5 craftbukkit then? I really hope notch gets his shit together with the mod api soon. Perhaps having that source out there will end up helping server projects like craftbukkit in the end.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:20 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2011, 06:20 PM #144 of 184
Heh, I highly doubt Notch's API would be even half as good or full-featured as Bukkit's, honestly.

And yes, there is a recommended build out for 1.5. Just have to wait until all of the plugins are either updated or verified as still functioning.

Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:31 PM #145 of 184
Yeah just updated my server. Things are working well for the most part.

Word of advice. Disable the fucking weather. Snow and rain are a combined package so you cannot tell it to not snow and still have rain. The main thing is that notch is a fucking moron and forgot to make it so snow that gathers on the ground from weather can melt. If it snows and starts piling on the ground you will have to clear it manually. I'm glad I made a backup before I started mucking around with weather plugins just to see how they worked or I would have had to do that.

[MECH] NoWeather v1.1 - disable weather/thunder globally [733] | Bukkit Forums

And if you want to screw around with weather or summon lightning try these:
[ADMN] MotherNature v1.2 - Control the weather, Umbrellas, Timed weather [711] | Bukkit Forums
[FUN] WeatherControl v1.0.0 - Advanced WeatherControl at your fingertips [733] | Bukkit Forums

Oh and this plugin is a must. It makes it so lightning strikes do not cause fire to spread. Tested it on my highly combustible pixel art.

[MECH] PlgColdLightning v1.0 - lightning does not cause fires [733] | Bukkit Forums

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:44 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2011, 12:44 AM #146 of 184
I just finished updating to 1.5 and already have a weather control plugin installed. But thank you for your concern.

Also, WorldGuard already protects me from all possible fire spread, so no need for a separate plugin to perform the same function.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:06 AM #147 of 184
That's cool. Are you disabling weather though? The snowfall not melting is a real deal breaker for me. Also which weather plugin are you using?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:28 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2011, 10:28 AM #148 of 184
Actually, I ended up reverting to my previous 1.4 setup. Even though everything technically worked perfectly, the server was beset by mysterious and unbearable lag, and apparently I am not the only one, as there are threads all over the Minecraft forums and Bukkit forums about it. Yay Notch!

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2011, 07:38 AM Local time: May 7, 2011, 05:38 AM #149 of 184
Good news, we finally found a stable 1.5 setup, and have managed to use the Nethrar plugin to enable nether for our server. We also upgraded our CPU to a Core i7-990x 6-core. Performance is better than ever and the fun continues to increase!

Old May 7, 2011, 08:37 AM #150 of 184
Do your nether gates actually work like single player nether gates or does any nether gate lead to the same nether spawn like most basic nether support offers? I've avoided nether due to this problem.

I wonder how notch's SMP nether stuff will be. Probably will cause like 20 more bugs.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tags
diamonds, punch trees e'erday, sssssssssssssssssssssssss, this tag is now diamonds

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] ERRYDAY MINECRAFT