Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Borderlands - Shootan and Lootan

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:44 AM #201 of 227
The PC release is going to be out the same day as the PS3 version.
Regrettably, the 1.30 patch also seems to eliminate hacked/invalid weapons.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:35 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2010, 05:35 AM #202 of 227
Got it today, and have got as far as freeing the assassin from the jail. So far it's great, however it is goddamn hard.

Even though I lost my modded RIDICULOUS weapons to the new patch, I created a damn near perfect LEGAL set of items before the patch, which it let me keep. However, it's still really hard ._.

Maybe it's the new levels, I'm still 52 and some of the enemies it's having me fight are 55. Guess I'll level up and try some more.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 07:33 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2010, 01:33 PM #203 of 227
I find it pretty easy, though probably because I'm going at it on 1st playthrough (I want to see what happens if I'm already at lvl50 when I start the second playthrough). The most problem I had so far was because I got stuck in a few playces, had to reset, and drive back through those boring as fuck highways. They really should've added a couple more fast travel locations.

Spoiler:
Enemies so far are crazy war-of-the-worlds style tripods except they have six legs or so, skag rider midgets, 4+ new type of midgets which throw bombs, use a sword, etc. There are also two hidden midgets, one that lobs a piece of meat, and another dressed up as a luchador, these crazies jump on you from closets you open for loot. Freaked me out a bit.
There's also a complete reskin of the normal bandits, with a prison garb + faggot theme. Including cops hat and so.

Also, as it turns out, Moxxi's girly parts are ruined. Yup, she is the mom of Scooter.

There's also this:

And there's an actual location titled "secret final boss here", though it does nothing, so far. Probably a mission location unlocked later on.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 09:26 AM #204 of 227
So overall, the new DLC is fucking awesome.

-Bunch of new enemy types and variants that are actually somewhat interesting. The loot midgets and midgets riding skags is hilarious.
-New loot; I haven't gotten any Pearlescents, but I got a really good Gearbox SMG, and I upgraded everything else I had that I entered it with (and I had basically top of the line shit when I came in)
-Characters and story are great. Was really surprised at the amount of new dialogue and story, there's some fantastic fucking lines. Overall I'd consider the DLC script to be superior to anything in the main game. ENGORGE
-There is quite literally a treasure chest heaven.
-Addition of a new super uber boss that can be re-farmed for (at least in theory) the best gear in the game.

I feel there's only two major things that are negatives, that prevent this from being the best DLC bar none:

-The cars and driving in general in Borderlands is still kinda broken. And the DLC is HUGE, but it basically requires you to drive a bunch, and there's some really cheap deaths you will die in your car. It doesn't forgive it, but once you've done it for a while and learned the enemy patterns, you can safely take shit out without being hit, or oftentimes just completely (and safely) blow past everything. I did probably die something like 10 times in a car, but 7 or 8 of those were like in the first 2 hours :/
-There's STILL no god damn teleports in the DLC outside of the one at the start. It was annoying as hell in the Zombie Island DLC, but it's 10 times worse here considering how long you have to drive to get to certain places. Hell, if there was a teleport in every area it'd probably wipe my other complaint out as well. No idea what the fuck they're doing with not having them.

Overall it's still fucking fantastic, and you should hands-down get it if you have the game. I went in as a 50 on playthrough 2.5 and didn't have a whole ton of problems (aside from the bullshit car deaths early on), you just can't go rush into a bunch of dudes like you've probably gotten used to. Doing it solo on playthrough 2.5, doing all of the DLC probably took me about 12 or so hours, which is pretty damn impressive, especially for $10.

Also the "Secret Final Boss" is a quest that opens up after you've beaten the main DLC quest, and he will rape your face. Unless you're a Siren you HAVE to do it with a full group. If you're attempting to do it solo there's one or two small exploits you can do, but it's still fucking madness. To give you an idea, I went in with a 61 Siren with pimped out gear, and even using an exploit to get it down to about 15% health, it still took me about 20 deaths to kill it and it was about the most frustrating thing I've ever done (I went from losing 26 million a death to $13 million). Thing is obviously meant for group play, practically everything in there will one-shot you. It would actually be kinda neat to go back and farm him with a group, but I've got no one else to do that with at the moment :/.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 09:43 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2010, 02:43 PM #205 of 227
I've got the new DLC and I'm very keen to get into it now, but I'm planning to play it with GB and Tritoch so that we're all at the same place (starting the main game with guys who had already beaten it and who would just run off whilst I was still trying to figure shit out was annoying as hell and so I don't want that again). But once I'm done I'll be down for playing it with you Daravon.

I was speaking idiomatically.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:19 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2010, 04:19 PM #206 of 227
-Characters and story are great. Was really surprised at the amount of new dialogue and story, there's some fantastic fucking lines. Overall I'd consider the DLC script to be superior to anything in the main game. ENGORGE
While the amount of new dialog is huge, I don't think any of them compared to the Scooby Doo spoof zombie island had.

Knox is one cheerful dude though, I give it that.

I'm only storming the armory right now, so I'm about half way through.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 01:08 PM #207 of 227
Also, to note, there is this a "glitch" that allow almost limitless farming of the armory itself with no time limits.
I put that in quotes because there is no fucking way it was an accident.
Spoiler:
A single segment of flooring in the doorway right before the hallway with the lockers and ammo chests behind forcefields has no collision detection. The placement of this is too perfect to think it was accidental.

Of course you still have to do all the fucking traveling and kill Knoxx every time.

FELIPE NO

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 02:32 PM 1 #208 of 227
While the amount of new dialog is huge, I don't think any of them compared to the Scooby Doo spoof zombie island had.

Knox is one cheerful dude though, I give it that.

I'm only storming the armory right now, so I'm about half way through.
The Scooby Doo thing did absolutely nothing for me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:25 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2010, 11:25 PM #209 of 227
OK, I finally got to Crawmerax. All I can say is, this is what we deserve for bitching that the game is too easy. I wonder if it's possible to solo him with anything but a Siren.

There are a bunch of secret missions too. One of them has you scavenge for loot buried under the sand. On the Road's End level, check the cavern system that starts right below the gondola ride. There is an abandoned house there, where you can find a Radar for the lancer, use it to find 5 Crimson Lance stashes hidden in the map.

There are two others I haven't checked yet, they involve a midget and a frankenstein style reanimated Sledge. The latter gives you a ridiculously pimped up machinegun. It supposedly has 15+ fire rate, 500+ magazine size (!!!!!), and it shoots 4 bullets like the Double Anarchy. That's just plain crazy DPS, and you barely have to reload it.
As I'm currently playing as Roland, that machinegun will allow me to rape almost anything. Add a c-mod with rapid ammo regen, and that means I can regen half my total ammo by the time that thing chewed it all up.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:17 PM #210 of 227
Motorhead is ridiculously easy to kill. I don't remember him dropping anything anywhere near that good though. I don't use machineguns at all, but if I'd seen anything that good I would have kept it for my friend. On the other hand he is repeatable, so maybe it's just something he drops sometimes.

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2010, 05:12 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2010, 11:12 PM #211 of 227
Yeah, I had to re-spawn him for almost two hours before he dropper the Chopper. It takes maybe five entire seconds to kill him even with crap gear - set him on fire, and he will immolate on the spot.

I'm not quite sure if the Chopper has any practical use, though. It has absurd rate of fire, chews up your ENTIRE ammo stockpile (with max upgrade) in about 10 seconds. With my Support Gunner Roland, the magazine size itself is bigger than the amount of ammo you can carry. It has relatively low damage per shot, but it still comes out as high DPS because of the firing rate. The accuracy makes it kind of worthless unless you are up-close - it spreads bullets so crazily that half your bullets will probably miss Rakk Hive if you are standing on that safe platform. You need to use it up-close to hit anything. The crazy DPS could easily cause stun on most bosses though, so I guess it's useful in a kamikaze let's-go-all-out way, against bosses or when you are overwhelmed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:52 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2010, 04:52 PM #212 of 227
Finally killed crawmerax with a bunch of friends. Christ that bastard is hard. Didn't drop any pearlescent weapons either , though some sexy orange ones.

I think I'm gonna look for a trainer or something, make it more fun.

I have some problem with my quests too, everyone else I know has got a quest from the bounty board in T Bone to destroy the probes/sentinals whatever in town, but I can't get the quest =s

Most amazing jew boots
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:42 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2010, 05:42 PM #213 of 227
This game has been balls fucking hard since I got it last night. I don't know if I'm just rusty, or if Roland absolutely sucks for single play, but all in all most the people I played with back when it came out don't touch the game anymore.

That being said, if anyone has a level 50/51 that wants to run through it again, add Grail-ums to that friends list of yours. I want to do a 4 man group but, it's surprisingly hard to come across people in this game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:36 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2010, 07:36 PM #214 of 227
Roland is... not the greatest for solo play, but he's not the worst, either. You should be making the most of his turret when alone. Ammo regeneration, Medic, and Cauterize make him a beast in team play, though.

Some of us still play the DLC, so there's a pretty consistent group here.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:25 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2010, 10:25 PM #215 of 227
I've learned that bullet resistance doesn't do jack shit. I still die in about 3 bullet shots after my shield is eaten in 2.

Either way I also have a level 44 siren that I'm going to run through the zombie island portion.

Though with Roland I do have a mod that has a HUUUUUUUGE ammo regeneration for team members. We're talking at least one round a second, if not more. I should be apart of the gamingforce club so shoot me a message anyone.

Most amazing jew boots
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:24 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2010, 03:24 PM #216 of 227
Grit only adds some ridiculously low bullet resistance, so you won't notice it when you die in 5 shots. In solo play, Roland is basically infinite ammo guy. Brick is iddqd doomguy, Lillith is kill-them-before-they-react, and Mordecai is, uh... I dunno?

Most amazing jew boots
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:22 AM #217 of 227
I've got a lvl 23 Siren, thinking about reinstalling this today and actually trying to finish it.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:56 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2010, 10:56 PM #218 of 227
Mordecai is, uh... I dunno?
Unless you stick with the Bloodwing tree (ahahaha), then his pistol tree is nothing to sneeze at.

Then again, sniper rifles. Really, with Mordecai? Pistols/revolvers.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Borderlands - Shootan and Lootan