Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] A fantastic little flash game. Every Day the Same Dream.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:37 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2009, 02:37 PM #1 of 15
A fantastic little flash game. Every Day the Same Dream.

Every day the same dream - molleindustria

Quote:
Made by Paolo Pedercini of Molle Industria, Every Day the Same Dream is a short, bleak little tale about a day in a man's life. Or, rather, every day, since they're all the same, and nothing he can ever do will change that. Or will it? Gameplay is simple, using the left and right [arrow] keys for movement, and the [space] key to interact with people and items when their name pops up at the bottom of the screen. The goal is to get through the day. A day like any, every other day. Your path appears to be predefined; get up, get dressed, say goodbye to your emotionally oblivious wife, and go to your cubicle at work. Wash, rinse, repeat. And yet, if you break out of routine any way you can, whether it be simply by going left instead of right or taking more drastic steps, you'll find that there are ways you can experience his small world differently. You'll have to play through the day multiple times to see all the content, but it still probably won't take you very long at all.
As stark and unsettling as the game is, it isn't without moments that are almost beautiful. Oddly enough, what I found to be most affecting was an interaction with, of all things, a cow. A simple gesture, and yet it's one of the only real moments of connection the unnamed man has in the entire story. The protagonist has no face, no personality, and yet there's something about his situation that makes him instantly identifiable, someone to feel sympathy for. I almost felt a sense of desperation the longer I played as I tried to find something, anything, that would change his life for the better... or even at all. Yeah, it's real cheerful. You might want to have the Nickelodeon channel fired up and ready for some fast comfort after this one.
I do a lot of writing, but it's not often that I feel as though I have to write something, and it's even rarer that a game makes me feel something beyond a few moments of simple enjoyment. Every Day the Same Dream did both. It's not joyful, and it's not for everyone, despite what may be the slickest soundtrack around. I could be wrong about all my new found thoughtful introspection, and it could simply be a cynical and grim window into another life. Whether you enjoy it as a finely crafted piece of interactive art, or find that it makes you think, Every Day the Same Dream shouldn't be dismissed for its simple presentation, and is definitely worth a look.

I already know Encephalon is going to love this little gem, but I thought a few of you might get a kick out of this too. I played through it and really enjoyed it. It's simple and elegant, and doesn't try too hard to be what it is.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2009, 04:02 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2009, 09:02 PM #2 of 15
Weirdly enough I read about this today at work and evidently forgot to check it out again when I got home, so cheers for the link Deni. Yeah, really nice little Flash game that, well worth checking out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Dec 23, 2009, 05:55 PM #3 of 15
Wow just finished it, that was pretty moving. Thanks for posting it Deni, I'd definitely recommend playing it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2009, 06:53 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2009, 04:53 PM #4 of 15
A definite must-play. Many thanks for this, Deni.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2009, 09:43 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2009, 08:43 PM #5 of 15
I'm just glad everyone seems to like it as much as I did.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:59 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2009, 02:29 PM #6 of 15
Yeah, that was pretty cool. Music was ace as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:10 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2009, 03:10 PM #7 of 15
"Undies? Where's YOUR TIE? YOU'RE FIRED. Naw, just kidding, you can go home for the day, and then you'll still have your job tomorrow. I hope you're treating my daughter well"
"Not at all, I've chained her to the kitchen, she's been cooking the same fucking eggs for days now"
"You sure have it rough"

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2009, 05:27 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2009, 03:27 AM #8 of 15
This is the Anti-Canabalt and I fucking LOVE IT~

Most amazing jew boots
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:48 AM #9 of 15
To the contrary, I feel this is best appreciated as a prequel to Canabalt. What seems like a suicidal leap from the top of a building is in fact merely the first step of A Daring Escape.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old Dec 24, 2009, 03:48 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2009, 01:48 PM #10 of 15
i get to the point where i have to find 2 more and for somereason i just cant find em

How ya doing, buddy?

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2009, 03:45 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2009, 01:45 AM #11 of 15
Took me a while to find that fucking cow.

Music is good. The game is very surreal. Can't say it did much for me other than that. It's more of an interactive art project than a game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2009, 05:49 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2009, 08:49 PM #12 of 15
i get to the point where i have to find 2 more and for somereason i just cant find em
Don't worry about 'completing' the game in a hurry, just enjoy it. If you don't finish it in your first session, return to the game tomorrow after breakfast to try again.

And then the next day, after breakfast.

Playing this was a sweet experience.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:24 PM Local time: Dec 26, 2009, 06:24 PM 1 #13 of 15
The author has clearly played Terry Cavanagh's games. This is a remake of Pathways. The author's taken that game and given it back to us with a new 'skin' - one that fits in with the whole molleindustria Fuck The Man ideology. This idea of taking another man's art and redressing it so as to spoon feed us some hippy message doesn't sit well with me. Creative and Individual are words that I'm sure appear over and over in the molleindustria mission statement, but I find this game the antithesis of both.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the influence was credited. To add insult to injury, people are going about calling this an 'art' game.

If you doubt the connection, go here and play Don't Look Back and find out what else Every Day the Same Dream rips off wholesale. Don't Look Back deserves to be played in any case, you owe it to yourself.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2009, 06:28 PM Local time: Dec 27, 2009, 05:28 PM 2 #14 of 15
The author has clearly played Terry Cavanagh's games. This is a remake of Pathways. The author's taken that game and given it back to us with a new 'skin' - one that fits in with the whole molleindustria Fuck The Man ideology. This idea of taking another man's art and redressing it so as to spoon feed us some hippy message doesn't sit well with me. Creative and Individual are words that I'm sure appear over and over in the molleindustria mission statement, but I find this game the antithesis of both.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the influence was credited. To add insult to injury, people are going about calling this an 'art' game.

If you doubt the connection, go here and play Don't Look Back and find out what else Every Day the Same Dream rips off wholesale. Don't Look Back deserves to be played in any case, you owe it to yourself.
That is the most pretentious way of saying "old" I've ever seen.

How ya doing, buddy?

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:00 AM Local time: Dec 28, 2009, 02:00 PM 3 #15 of 15
I'd rather see someone say why something is old hat rather than just spouting marked for deletion memes. Kolba also had the grace to provide a link to the original game.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] A fantastic little flash game. Every Day the Same Dream.