Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This truck deal will really blow you away

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:34 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2009, 12:04 AM #1 of 13
This truck deal will really blow you away

THIS IS NOT AN AD, but way too amusing.....

SOURCE

Quote:
Talk about riding shotgun …

Guntruck Myriad automakers over the years have offered freebies with the purchase of an automobile, from bicycles to barbecues.

But Butler, Mo.-based car dealer Mark Muller has truly upped the ante: if you purchase a truck at Max Motors, he’ll throw in a free AK-47 assault rifle on the house.

The promotion is completely legal… well, at least in Missouri it is.

If anything, Muller is garnering global attention to his scheme. He was recently interviewed in-depth on CNN, where he staunchly defended the AK-47 promotion. Muller noted there’s a “bunch of evil in the world” and that he’s a “firm believer in the Second Amendment.”

When informed that there’s a bit of a difference between giving away, say, a hunting rifle and an AK-47, Muller remained unfazed. Next time your vehicle is swarmed by seven thugs, he told the journalist, “You’ll wish you had an AK-47.” (Methinks simply sporting a “Max Motors” decal on the rear bumper would be sufficient warning to scare off the criminal element – assuming they’ve heard about Muller’s promotion.)

To clarify, buyers won’t actually be driving off the lot in a Silverado with an AK-47 occupying the passenger seat. Rather, a new truck purchaser will receive a voucher worth about US$450 that can be redeemed at his friendly neighbourhood gun boutique.

The promotion is also hailed on the dealership's website, MAX MOTORS. A photo of an AK-47 is perched next to an illustration of a cowboy sporting a couple of six-shooters. The dealership’s slogan is, “Our prices even blow us away!”

Regardless where one stands on guns, the AK-47 promotion is generating publicity faster than an AK-47 fires bullets. The dealership – which sells Chrysler, Ford and GM products – has been featured on Fox News, CNBC and even the BBC.

According to the website, feedback regarding the gun giveaway has been overwhelmingly positive. “We want to thank everyone who has emailed us and commented about our latest promotion,” notes the site. “Your support has been tremendous!”

My hunch: Muller knows full well that giving away an assault rifle is a slam-dunk way of getting noticed (and it’s far more effective that erecting the de rigueur inflatable dinosaur upon the dealership rooftop.)

Or perhaps he’s truly bought into the stereotype that pickup truck drivers in certain regions love the idea of driving around with weaponry.

Either way, Canadian consumers can forget about taking advantage of this particular scheme. While you can indeed license a vehicle purchased at Max Motors in this country, just try registering a freebie that is strictly prohibited in these parts.
Oh you silly Americans and your guns.

I've been having the giggle fits all day after reading this story. Just two frames of thought come to mind.

What about the car buyers, can't they get an AK-47 too, or do you have to drive a pick-up trick to be cool enough to drive home with an assault rifle.

Why stop at an AK-47, give them something with a little more class like an M16; better yet why not give them a bazooka with every truck purhcase.

Most amazing jew boots
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2009, 02:45 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2009, 12:45 AM #2 of 13
Why stop at an AK-47, give them something with a little more class like an M16; better yet why not give them a bazooka with every truck purhcase.
Kalashnikov's are cheaper, duh.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2009, 02:49 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2009, 12:49 AM #3 of 13
He's just upholding the Second Amendment. What's wrong with that?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Caliburn
~ ~ ~

Member 34107

Level 1.10

Jul 2009

Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:23 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2009, 03:23 AM #4 of 13
I honestly believe every United States citizen should own an AK-47 and armor piercing ammunition. I suspect our crime levels would plummet. Besides, I'd trust my life to an AK-47 over an M16 any day.

Kudos to this Butler fellow.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
~Caliburn
Yeldarb
River Chocobo

Member 4464

Level 24.63

Apr 2006

Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:46 PM #5 of 13
Quote:
Or perhaps he’s truly bought into the stereotype that pickup truck drivers in certain regions love the idea of driving around with weaponry.
I think this might be spreading faster than an E. coli outbreak. We don't need the stereotype to be nurtured.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 03:11 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 02:11 PM #6 of 13
I honestly believe every United States citizen should own an AK-47 and armor piercing ammunition. I suspect our crime levels would plummet. Besides, I'd trust my life to an AK-47 over an M16 any day.

Kudos to this Butler fellow.

Being armed while driving didn't help this poor guy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RunemasterJeane
Does this outfit make my boobs look big?

Member 407

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 05:50 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 05:50 PM #7 of 13
Ha ha, I love that something that happened near me(well semi-near, it's about 90 mins away) made its way here. A friend of mine lives a few towns over and he calls it the land of hicks and whores. After visiting there once I agree, can't say I've seen a Nissan 280z with a gun rack anywhere else. *sigh* No wonder everyone thinks Missouri is full of inbred hicks, not that they're wrong once you hit the Ozarks.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:22 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 12:22 AM #8 of 13
Fuck that. I'm getting myself a Knight.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:34 AM #9 of 13
I honestly believe every United States citizen should own an AK-47 and armor piercing ammunition. I suspect our crime levels would plummet.
Did you know? Many United States citizens are criminals! Millions of them, in fact!

I always like it when people preface their statements with "I honestly believe". It betrays a certain internal knowledge on the part of the speaker that they know they're about to say something absurd and need to reassure the listener in advance that they're not kidding.

What the hell do legitimate gun owners need with AP ammo? Criminals rarely wear armor of any kind. Cops have armor fairly often, though! Are you proposing we should shoot all the pigs, Caliburn?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:44 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 12:44 AM #10 of 13
Are you proposing we should shoot all the pigs, Caliburn?
I honestly believe this would eliminate this swine flu malarkey people are talking about.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 09:16 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 03:16 PM #11 of 13
I'm pretty sure that using an automatic rifle inside the cab of a truck to fend off potential car jackers would invalidate your insurance. It'd probably leave you a little hard of hearing too.

Still, the American Constitution does defend the right of all American citizens to do really fucking retarded things if they want and this special offer is pretty much the best example of this I've heard in a while. God bless the U S of A.

Are there really that many instances of people getting car-jacked by seven well armed criminals in Missouri?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 09:58 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 09:58 AM #12 of 13
What the hell do legitimate gun owners need with AP ammo? Criminals rarely wear armor of any kind. Cops have armor fairly often, though! Are you proposing we should shoot all the pigs, Caliburn?
Caliburn might not but I will! The police should be terrified of every citizen.

Additional Spam:
Every house a Ruby Ridge

Every commune a Waco

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Bradylama; Jul 27, 2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > This truck deal will really blow you away