Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ripping Chrono Cross discs (and others)

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2008, 12:31 AM #1 of 4
Question Ripping Chrono Cross discs (and others)

I've been using PSXMC for a good long while for ripping PS1 games. However I've come to a dead end trying to access the files in Chrono Cross. I was curious if there was a way to rip the videos from the Chrono Cross discs? Nothing I have seems to work and google searches come up nothing but people shitty geocities fan sites or guides that don't make a lick of sense.

For the longest time I've been wanting to make a video with the cutscenes from that game but it's a no go.

The "others" falls in the PS2 Square games (like FFX and Kingdom Hearts).

Any help with these is much appreciated.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2008, 12:36 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2008, 10:36 PM #2 of 4
Two options I can think of for this:

1. Use a screen capture program like FRAPS to record the screen for however long the video is, editing afterward with your favorite video-editing program.
2. Get the actual game and play it on the PS2, using a TV card to run it to the PC and record it that way.

Also, it appears its giving other rippers similar troubles: Chrono Cross exploration & file structure

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:35 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2008, 07:35 PM #3 of 4
I just tried PsxMC and it works just fine.
I mounted the disc image with Daemon Tools and then "Open and Analyze CD-ROM" with PsxMC.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:01 PM #4 of 4
The "others" falls in the PS2 Square games (like FFX and Kingdom Hearts).
I personally haven't done any research, but is there a program that does this? I'm not sure if PSXMC works on PS2 games, but if it does, ignore this.

If there's a similar program that you could suggest, then please--suggest away!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Ripping Chrono Cross discs (and others)