Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dental Problems

blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 02:28 AM #26 of 46
Reading all these comments gives me the willies.

This poor person is probably going to be scared of their life to go to the dentist, now... But I assume this thread will attract more horror stories than normal, "oh-it-was-fine" comments.

I got my wisdom teeth out, and not gonna lie, it wasn't pretty. I had the top two taken out a year before the bottom two, and they weren't bad. The bottom two were a bitch, though; I was in a lot of pain and began vomiting and my face swelled up veeeery big, so my mom took me to the emergency room... We probably overreacted, but I had just been diagnosed with diabetes, and they warn you to seek medical attention if you are continuously vomiting, because that means your blood sugar could plummett with no way for you to get it up. But like I said, my mom and I were a bit paranoid and always convinced that I could die at the drop of a hat; I'd only had the damn disease a month or so.

So they put me on an IV drip and got me un-naseous and I went home after about 5 or 6 hours.

Oh, and I was awake for the actual procedure; I didn't want to be knocked out because they said I'd have to go down the elevator in a wheelchair, and I wanted to take the stairs (I have a rather sizeable phobia of elevators, and haven't ridden in one for 6 or 7 years). So they just did some general stuff (a mask over my nose for something or other, but it made me feel kinda dizzy, so I subtly breathed through my mouth), and I could feel the incredible pressure and drilling and uuuugh. Then I high-tailed it down the 6 flights of stairs to the car with my mom anxiously calling for me to slow down.

All right, this comment didn't help one bit, now did it?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
HrZ
The 'Instant Classic'

Member 11641

Level 2.74

Aug 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:18 PM Local time: Dec 13, 2007, 06:18 PM #27 of 46
I think I'll have my teeth ripped out and have implants, they're not that expensive.

How ya doing, buddy?
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:39 PM #28 of 46
I went to go get my root canal yesterday and guess what but they couldn't do it. That tooth had been decaying for so long that the crack went below the gumline which then requires some other stuff to be done. He told me I had 2 options: 1) Get something called crown lengthening done on that tooth so that it can be salvaged for a root canal and then have a crown put on it (the crown lengthening costs a fortune and then I still would have had to have a root canal....damn) or 2) Just have that tooth pulled out along with my four wisdom teeth.

I'm just going for the teeth pulling. Having five teeth pulled on the same day is kind of scary but it does cost less than having a crown lengthening. Plus, the guy told me that it would take like 6 months to have all of that done. I don't have that kind of time since I can't take any time off during January and February since those are the busiest times for the company I work for.

Oh well.....teeth pulling it is. ;.;

How ya doing, buddy?
Bubblehead1123
Chocobo

Member 5878

Level 10.97

Apr 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:08 PM #29 of 46
pfft... I got three root canals, eight fillings, and two teeth pulled within two months.
The most painful of these was getting my teeth pulled; the root canals aren't that bad, except for one of them... it was so infected that he couldn't numb it so he started drilling before it was numb then he stuck the needle down in my tooth... that hurt like heck... but other than that it was fine... lol

I was speaking idiomatically.
DarkMatron
Domestic Diva

Member 27048

Level 1.34

Dec 2007

Old Dec 14, 2007, 07:26 PM #30 of 46
I need to get my wisdom teeth done myself. It's not fear that's preventing me, but money. Even with insurance, they want half up front, and I just have better things to do with that kinda cash.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 07:52 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2007, 10:52 AM #31 of 46
I just had a dental appointment this morning, and thankfully all I needed was one small filling. Apparently my teeth and gums are in great shape. The main reason why I went was because I've been having a toothache (sometimes severe, sometimes not even evident) for a while now. And the worrying this is...he said there wasn't anything wrong with it. =X

I think he's trying to kill me. O_o

FELIPE NO
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:33 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 07:33 PM #32 of 46
I avoid dentists as much as possible. I brush my teeth with straight baking soda, sometimes baking soda and peroxide. This helps keep them clean and white without the nasty pasty film leftover from toothpaste. I don't hate dentists, though. They've helped me out before.

For instance, my eye teeth (canines) came in out of the foremost part of my gums, instead of the bottom of them like all other teeth do, and grew out in front of the rest of my teeth. It looked really strange and cramped my mouth, so I got them pulled. It hurt like crazy for a week or so, but I survived, and that created more room for my wisdom teeth.

Unfortunately, not enough room, so I'm going to have to get those pulled too. So at least one more visit to the dentist in my young adult life is in order. Hopefully it's the last for a while.

Most amazing jew boots
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:03 PM #33 of 46
I still need to get my wisdom tooth pulled out. The last time I visited, because of pain on my left side, I saw on the x-ray that my wisdom tooth was growing a bit horizontally. Ironically, I don't have pain anymore when I chew on that side. I also have no cavities, much to my relief, because that was what I thought was causing the pain to begin with.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:14 PM #34 of 46
I'm prone to cavities for a variety of medical reasons - namely that I grew up with well-water (which lacks the flouride they put in city water) and that when I had a heat seizure at the tender age of two, the medication they USE to give permanently damages the growth of adult teeth and their roots.

On the other hand, one of my favorite experiences was getting my wisdom teeth out. After dreading it for weeks, he got me in the chair and gave me the options of being put out and I *demanded* morphine. He shot me up and proceeded to yank, pull, break, smash, crunch and splinter the four teeth. Wet snapping sounds, sounds of wet flesh being vaccuumed, blood slurping.

And I'm thinking "Saigon. Shit. I'm still only in Saigon."

I didn't feel a fucking thing though. I was high as a kite for hours, though I could've driven home myself. No pain, didn't even need the painkillers perscribed to me.

How ya doing, buddy?
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2007, 08:56 PM #35 of 46
I'll try to not think about that 2nd paragraph LeHah. The bottom line is that you felt no pain which is a huge relief for me. I don't know if I'll enjoy those other things though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DShadow
Shadow dweller

Member 17346

Level 1.73

Dec 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:49 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 07:49 PM #36 of 46
Would anyone believe me if I said that fluor used for making toothpastes is toxic?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ROCK&ELECTRONIC - BEST MUSIC
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:57 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 05:57 PM #37 of 46
I have one filling, and despite how little I do to look after my teeth (I brush them...but I tend to forget some days) my dentist says I have lovely teeth. Apparently my wisdom teeth are pointed in the direction where if they do start to come through, they'll grow into my back teeth. I hope they don't ;_;.

I had to be knocked out twice when I was a kid to remove a couple of teeth, I can't remember which ones or why but I loved being put to sleep - I still remember it clearly. They tried to distract me with a toy while this guy injected me, then the room started to spin and I heard my Mum say "ohh, she's going!". When I woke up, the room was spinning and there was this other girl SCREAMING her head off. Very bizarre.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 05:32 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 10:32 PM #38 of 46
My wisdom teeth are coming through at the moment. The dentist didn't say if I'd have to have them pulled out, but if I do I'd rather be unconscious. The first tooth I ever had pulled was infected; this was back in the day when they could give you a gas anaesthetic without having to be in the hospital. As shit-scared as I was at the time, I much prefered that method to when I had 4 teeth out for my braces. I panic that when he's injecting the local I'll jerk to one side or something similarly dangerous, and I hate that even though there's no pain, you can still feel your teeth being ripped out of your jaw.

I did have a filling done without an anaesthetic once. Even though it wasn't excruciating pain, it was damned unpleasant and I won't let my dentist suggest it again.

Angelwing
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 27450

Level 2.86

Dec 2007

Old Jan 4, 2008, 02:56 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 01:56 AM #39 of 46
I've never had a cavity, and hopefully never will. I did have to get my wisdom teeth out last summer, and those who say it's not painful probably didn't have impacted wisdoms. It hurts like a bitch. I couldn't eat for four days, and even after that I had great difficulty doing so. I bled for three days afterwards, and the pain didn't subside for eight days. My face also swelled up for a few days, and I could barely speak. Yeah, good times.

FELIPE NO
Ascetic
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 24427

Level 1.73

Sep 2007

Old Jan 4, 2008, 07:12 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 04:12 PM #40 of 46
Getting my wisdom teeth out wasn't that bad, really. The vicodin put me right to sleep half of the time, so I was pretty out of it and didn't feel too much pain. If you can handle the gross amounts of blood coming out of your mouth the first day, you'll be fine. Oh, and don't wear anything expensive or fine for the first few days, and don't have anything on your bed that you don't want blood getting on, because I can almost guarantee there will be substantial stains.

But yeah, I almost recommend being awake during the procedure. I found it to be an interesting experience!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Baked Pussy
Banned

Member 27551

Level 3.31

Jan 2008

Old Jan 4, 2008, 07:39 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2008, 07:39 AM #41 of 46
I've only had one cavity thus far in my life, and the dentist just filled it up. I have never had any major dental problems or surgical procedures done to me. Although, I was close to getting all my wisdom teeth out, but I'm glad I did not, because I was going to go to Miami Beach three days after, and my friends told me not to do it, because I was going to have a swollen face for days maybe even weeks.

That was three years ago, and my wisdom teeth do not hurt me any more. I have gotten accustomed to the feeling now.

How ya doing, buddy?
killerpineapple
Chocobo

Member 18440

Level 10.84

Jan 2007

Old Jan 4, 2008, 09:12 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 07:12 PM #42 of 46
I have some of the most fudged up teeth around. I've shocked just about every dentist I've been to. One my incisors is as deep as it is wide and one of my molars decided to come in on the wrong side of my canine. I can chew gum with my front teeth I suppose.

I've had two wisdom teeth pulled out. I got knocked out for it. These days you can't anymore in California because of bad dentists who did naughty things to unconscious patients. Anyway, my cheeks swelled up like a chipmunk. After a week the swelling went away but the hole in my gums got infected and now I know what puss tastes like. Hooray.

The worst experience was having a cavity drilled without any painkillers. I remember one of my eyes tearing up and thinking, "At which point should I cry out and beg him to stop drilling?" Just before my pain threshold was breached the drilling stopped. Whew.

Oh yeah, and there's that bike accident that killed the nerves in my two top front teeth, turned them gray, and now I can't bite anything cold.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2008, 03:43 AM #43 of 46
Getting your wisdom teeths pulled out is not as bad as people make it out to be, if you're that kind of person who squirms at the sight of flesh and blood flowing out. I reccommend the getting knocked out option however. The chances of you waking up during a wisdom teeth extraction is quite rare but I won't lie and it does happen.

However if you manage to endure the whole ordeal you'll feel pretty good/sleepy afterwards, minus the bleeding, pain, not being able to eat solids for a few days.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:03 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2008, 12:03 AM #44 of 46
I just went to the dentist to finally get my teeth checked out b/c for the longest I've been eating only on the left side of my mouth b/c there is this huge cavity (it is one big hole) on one of my bottom teeth that is preventing me from biting down on that side when I eat. Anyway, after they took a look at my teeth, to my surprise they told me that I had relatively healthy teeth. This sounded kind of wrong b/c I'm going to need a root canal for that tooth along with a crown for it. I also need all four of my wisdom teeth pulled out and I need a good cleaning of my teeth and gums done to get rid of the tartar buildup that was causing my gums to become a little bit swollen as well as some fillings for several cavities that I have. I was happy to hear that my teeth were "healthy" but looking at what I needed to have done on my teeth I was thinking otherwise.

Have any of you gone anything like root canals or having your wisdom teeth pulled out? If so, could you please tell me about it? It has been a really long time since I've had anything major done on my teeth so I am really nervous and a little bit scared. I always never liked going to the doctor or dentist.

Anyway, please share. ^.^
I had both of my wisdom teeth pulled out last year, afterward, it's like living 14 days in hell . period.

Most amazing jew boots
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Aji
bleh

Member 20118

Level 5.67

Feb 2007

Old Jan 7, 2008, 03:23 PM #45 of 46
I don't understand how teeth work. When I was in elementary school and my baby teeth didn't yet come out, I'd go to the dentist without cavities. That was also the time I'd eat a lot of candy.

Anyway I guess I'm lucky to not have a cavity. The summer of eleventh grade I got all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I thought it was painful the first few days because I was advised not to talk and I was always tempted to tell people what I feel like, what happened, etc. I was also very relucatant to brush too close. The first week I basically had pudding, jello, and anything else that's easy to swallow.A couple months after I'd feel a random sharp pain where they extracted a wisdom tooth. It's not that bad. Just make sure not to eat popcorn even a couple of weeks after surgery. It was a stupid decision on my part. It got slightly infected, but they were able to clean it out. They gave me like 3 or 4 shots to my gums which numbed everything yet I still felt the pain.

Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2008, 03:42 PM #46 of 46
I have...less than satisfactory dental habits, but I've had a history of strong and resilient teeth for whatever reason (perhaps due to the fact that I'm like, a milk junkie).

Right now, I have (at least) one cavity, or so I was told about a year ago or so by the dentist. I didn't have time before I went back to school because of work to get it done, and it still stands this way. However, this was a surprise to me, because none have my teeth have ever like, remotely bothered me since that time period. I'm 20, still have my wisdom teeth as well, and they haven't ever really bothered me. I hope they don't, as I rarely have a large block of time in my life (due to school) to get a procedure like that done.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Dental Problems