Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

20th Century Boys

valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 03:46 AM #1 of 4
20th Century Boys

Ok this is not a new serie, for it has been a manga serie for quite some time...done by the same author of "Monster"

20th Century Boys or 20世紀少年 is a Japanese Manga written and drawn by one of the finest Japanese Maga artists, Naoki Urasawa. Unlike other mangas out there which mainly aim toward kids with a lot of fighting scenes, 20th Century Boys is packed with interesting plot and is suitable for older audience. It began serialization in the weekly magazine Big Comic Spirits in 1999, and there are 17 volumes to date (January, 2005).

The story compose of several parts. The first part, takes place in the late 1990s and second part in the year 2014. The story of the first part involves a man name Kenji and his childhood friends. They begin to notice strange events around them that somehow connect to their childhood memories. Some one they know from the past is realizing their childhood ideas (bio weapons, mass destruction, and a killer robot) to hurt people. The mysterious man also uses their symbol of friends to create a cult-like organiztion and call himself “Friend”. No one know who this man really is. But for certain he’s set out to destroy this world. Ultimately the horrible incident at the end of the year 2000. The outcome of that event makes “Friend” the World’s hero and Kenji and his fellows criminals.

Around the fifth volume, the story fast forward to the year 2014, The protagonist of this part is a young woman by the name Kanna (Kenji’s nephew). She’s determined to find out the truth behind the events that occurred at the end of the year 2000. Will she be able to tell the World the truth? Will she be able to find out who “Friend” really is?

Hope that didn't really spoil anything. I recently discovered this serie and caught up to the current volume 21 (still going though). Anyone found this serie incredible as I have? The allusions are insane! Such a wonderful work.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by valiant; Mar 16, 2006 at 03:49 AM.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:43 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:43 PM #2 of 4
This story kicks ass. I like it lot, especially when guessing who that "Friend". What is the latest chapter of the manga? I have read till vol 5 now and cant wait for the rest!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:35 PM #3 of 4
I like it but i prefer noaki urasawas older work monster just a masterpiece both the manga and the anime. which reminds me are they still doing the movie for monster and the anime for 20th century boys

Most amazing jew boots
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:31 PM #4 of 4
They are going to do an anime for 20th century boys?

(I am not sure of the latest chapter...I know they are up to volume 20 and I have it sitting around translated)

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 20th Century Boys