Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This little piggy got shut down

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:08 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2007, 01:08 PM #51 of 62
Elixir, why are you so hateful, so full of bile? It seems to me that you very frequently have some sort of negative, standoffish opinion befitting a James Dean wannabe.

Spoiler: Nobody cares, you don't look like a badass or a rebel.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:12 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2007, 10:12 AM #52 of 62
You don't look like a badass or on-topic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:16 PM #53 of 62
Yet he's still somehow a better poster than you.

Quit this "I feel so put on" shit, Hi-Potion. No one will ever feel sorry for your bullshit, just live up to your low standards and cut the act. You put on this cock-rubbing front of how you "legitimately steal" in a brilliant (read: stupid) attempt to vindicate breaking the law - but then you get more emo than a theater full of Nightmare Before Christmas fans when someone calls you out on it. Stop trying to be Jesus Christ and learn to wipe your own ass.

How ya doing, buddy?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:25 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2007, 10:25 AM #54 of 62
Yet he's still somehow a better poster than you.

Quit this "I feel so put on" shit, Hi-Potion. No one will ever feel sorry for your bullshit, just live up to your low standards and cut the act. You put on this cock-rubbing front of how you "legitimately steal" in a brilliant (read: stupid) attempt to vindicate breaking the law - but then you get more emo than a theater full of Nightmare Before Christmas fans when someone calls you out on it. Stop trying to be Jesus Christ and learn to wipe your own ass.
Except no one was calling me out on it. Learn to read. Also not cock-rubbing at all. A large portion of OiNK members illegally download their stuff and never buy it, this is common knowledge by now. A portion of them obviously purchase albums too, but it is greatly smaller.

Are you saying if I download an album I like, and purchase it, I'm doing wrong? No. You can't "rent" CDs. You can't "try before you buy" with CDs. The only way of doing this is by downloading them. This is my method of trying before I buy. Although I'm in a position where I can purchase items directly without doing so, I prefer to be cautious. It's just smart thinking.

Thankfully game torrent sites haven't been stupid enough to have accumulated over 60 leaked games within a period of 1 year and been shut down in the process unlike OiNK.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Elixir; Oct 28, 2007 at 04:28 PM.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:27 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2007, 01:27 PM #55 of 62
Are you serious?

Jesus H Christ on a stick...

LeHah said it best. Illegally downloading is illegally downloading. Nothing you do later can change that or give you some sort of moral superiority.

Additional Spam:
Except no one was calling me out on it.
Originally Posted by ramoth
Spoiler: Nobody cares, you don't look like a badass or a rebel.
"Learn to read."

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by ramoth; Oct 28, 2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:29 PM 1 #56 of 62
Thankfully game torrent sites haven't been stupid enough to have accumulated over 60 leaked games within a period of 1 year and been shut down in the process unlike OiNK.
In other words - its not stealing if it benefits what YOU like...

After all, you just said downloading material from a place that you admitted hosts it illegally can't be illegal because... sites that do host illegally get shut down?

Are you for real? Do you have a functioning brain or did your hair get so heavy as to crush your skull and lodge peices of your soft-shell scalp into your higher reasoning centers?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:32 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2007, 01:32 PM #57 of 62
Are you saying if I download an album I like, and purchase it, I'm doing wrong?
Yes, that's illegal, and you have no "moral superiority" over people who don't do that.

I agree it was pretty loltarded of OiNK to allow pre-release music, but other than that they were a kickin' rad music tracker. I really didn't find their upload or ratio requirements strict at all, and in fact was thankful for them because of the high quality of both the torrents and the seeding that were found there as a result.

If you want to be a cock monkey and shake your fist at the heathens who don't subscribe to the same sort of Wild Wild West karmic fantasy you seem to be so enamored with, go right ahead. Just do it somewhere else.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by ramoth; Oct 28, 2007 at 04:36 PM. Reason: lol grammar
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:36 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2007, 10:36 AM #58 of 62
In other words - its not stealing if it benefits what YOU like...
I like CDs. I like games. Dig deeper.

Quote:
After all, you just said downloading material from a place that you admitted hosts it illegally can't be illegal because... sites that do host illegally get shut down?
No I didn't. I said they drew attention to themselves and were closed because of it. Unlike CDs, games this year have seen 1-3 leaked releases at maximum, although I'm sure there's someone in a position of authority, something you'll never see, watching over them as well.

Considering it's completely legal to own a backed up copy of a game in my country, I don't mind at all. Downloading and trying the game out, then purchasing the game, means I then have both. Perfectly legal. And 90% of the time, I buy games I download, and I use the downloaded copies so I don't have to open my games or worry about them getting scratched.

But this is straying from the point. The point is OiNK managed to get attention and cause a ruckus over the amount of leaked material and music material in general. Due to their popularity it's no surprise this happened.

Originally Posted by ramoth
Yes, that's illegal, and you have no "moral superiority" over people who don't do that.
Yes, because I claimed that I have moral superiority over people who download illegally.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:44 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2007, 01:44 PM #59 of 62
I like CDs. I like games. Dig deeper.

No I didn't. I said they drew attention to themselves and were closed because of it. Unlike CDs, games this year have seen 1-3 leaked releases at maximum, although I'm sure there's someone in a position of authority, something you'll never see, watching over them as well.

Considering it's completely legal to own a backed up copy of a game in my country, I don't mind at all. Downloading and trying the game out, then purchasing the game, means I then have both. Perfectly legal. And 90% of the time, I buy games I download, and I use the downloaded copies so I don't have to open my games or worry about them getting scratched.

Yes, because I claimed that I have moral superiority over people who download illegally.
Wow, this is either one of the most self deluded posts I've ever read, or New Zealand didn't actually sign the Berne Convention.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 05:36 PM 2 #60 of 62
No, you have no "moral superiority" because you still downloaded something to determine if it was worth buying.

What about those 10% of games that you download and don't buy? There's perfectly fine, "morally superior," methods that you can use that actually let someone not get get completely shafted in the end, to determine if it's worth it for you to have yourself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 05:53 PM #61 of 62
No, you have no "moral superiority" because you still downloaded something to determine if it was worth buying.
EXCELLENT SELLER, WILL BUY FROM AGAIN A++++++++++++

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:59 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2007, 08:59 PM 1 #62 of 62
Alright... Everyone shut the fuck already. Next poster who replies off topic in this thread gets a fucking thread ban.

But I'm giving Potion one anyway just to be on the safe side. Werd.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > This little piggy got shut down