Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Nintedo Composers Discussion

FPI
Dreamlander

Member 599

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:20 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 02:20 PM #26 of 39
Originally Posted by CHz
The rip I have for Kirby's Pinball Land is tagged as being composed by Jun Ishikawa, although now that you mention it, I don't recall ever coming across credits in KPL. The game just loops after you beat Board 4 if I remember correctly (if).
You remember correctly, there are indeed no credits in the game. Maybe there are some credits somewhere which you can only access with a cheat/code or something like that, but no one came ever up with something like that, so it's probably wrong - it's still very unlikely to release a game without any credits in it. Even the Super Game Boy had credits which you can access.

For Kirby's Pinball Land, there are a few tracks from Kirby's Dreamland in it, so Ishikawa isn't so wrong, but there are also some new tracks, and there isn't really a chance to tell if the new tracks are composed by Ishikawa or someone else.

There is also another game which don't have any credits for Ishikawa or Ando: Kirby's Ghost Trap aka Kirby's Avalanche. The credits says only Einosuke Nagao, but besides that there are a lot of remixed tracks from Kirby's Adventure which are composed by Ando/Ishikawa. Maybe Nagao was the composer for the original game (there is at least one track in the game which appears also in the original version, sorry, can't remember the name for the original game right now.) Either that or he did mostly an arranging job.

And for the topic: Ishikawa and Ando are some of favourites, I like Koji Kondo a lot as well. I like also Kozue Ishikawas and/or Ryoji Yoshitomis soundtracks from Wario Land I/IV a lot and Kazumi Totakas work for SML2. Hajime Wakai did a great job in Starfox 64 (along with Koji Kondo), which is also one of my favourite Nintendo-soundtracks. (and yeah, the SNES-soundtrack was great, too)

Most amazing jew boots
WarpStar
Star of Warps

Member 8059

Level 13.14

Jun 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:04 AM #27 of 39
Well, according to the credits listing for Avalanche at Mobygames, Ando is there under "HAL Laboratory Staff", but they don't say what he did. I haven't played it in a while, so I don't remember exactly what it said either (I do recall his name being there, though).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sonic 3
Carob Nut

Member 4474

Level 6.19

Apr 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 03:20 AM #28 of 39
When I first heard the music for Dream Land in Kirby Superstar...it almost brought a tear to my eye. And ditto for Dream Land 3.......I don't know how they did it, but the SNES has some of the greatest tunes I have ever heard. Ever. Even if you do only nintendo composers.....I don't know HOW they came up with Super Mario World tunes, or Super Mario Kart...

And Fire emblem on the GC....that music is right up there with Drakengard as far as I'm concerned....I might have to do what I did with Drakengard, and get my old music teacher to help me compose a few of the themes using the school orchestra.....(lol plain old music band) and remix a few of them.

Hey what about Bomberman music? I@m talking about the Super series.....espiecaly Super Bomberman 4 and 5. I know it's not 'strictly nintendo', but Hudson do nintendo music anyways so....

And what about Sim City? Who composed the music for that? I don't think the credits ever show for that game.......The music for that....As far as I'm concerned, the Snes version of the game is superior to Sim City 2000 and 3000 on the p.c.

Mario paint as well.....the music for that....so calming. So peaceful.

And who is the composer for Super Metroid? Or Stunt Race FX? Or Mario is missing? Or Hotel Mario?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
WarpStar
Star of Warps

Member 8059

Level 13.14

Jun 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 02:58 AM #29 of 39
For Sim City, the only thing I can find are the credits to Game Music Concert 2, which featured two tracks from that game. The composer is listed as Motoyo Oka.

Super Metroid was a collaboration between Kenji Yamamoto and Minako Hamano.

Stunt Race FX was by Shinobu Amayake.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FPI
Dreamlander

Member 599

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:21 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 02:21 PM #30 of 39
According to some spc-sets:
Sim City - Soyo Oka (means probably the same as Motoyo, maybe a misstranslation? But I'm pretty sure Soyo is correct, because he was listened in Super Mario Kart's credits like that as well)
Mario is Missing: Sam Powell, Rob Wallace (but of course the themes are from SMW most of the time, and the themes are composed by Koji Kondo)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Firewings
Carob Nut

Member 7086

Level 6.41

May 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:10 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 11:10 PM #31 of 39
One of my favorite composers....Yoko Shimomura one of the 3 composers (the another are Uematsu and Koji Kondo) from the game Super MArio RPG, one of my favorites games...one of important reasons...for the music of this game...a good songs with simple melodies...but very very nice frome..hey what do you think ?:biggrin:

FELIPE NO
datschge
Sakuraba Fan

Member 9353

Level 11.78

Jul 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:38 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 02:38 PM #32 of 39
Originally Posted by FPI
Sim City - Soyo Oka (means probably the same as Motoyo, maybe a misstranslation? But I'm pretty sure Soyo is correct, because he was listened in Super Mario Kart's credits like that as well)
She, not he.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lucas-AMN
King of the x27 Combo

Member 2744

Level 9.98

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:03 PM #33 of 39
Does anybody know who the composer for Tetris & Dr. Mario,and Tetris 2 (SNES) are?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 09:50 AM #34 of 39
I just have realized that the title of this thread is a typo >_>, could someone fix the title?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 09:54 PM #35 of 39
Paper Mario / Mario Story disagrees with your topic post.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 09:56 AM #36 of 39
Whoops, I really forget about that game. Who is the composer of Paper Mario?

How ya doing, buddy?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:14 PM #37 of 39
Originally Posted by Lucas-AMN
Does anybody know who the composer for Tetris & Dr. Mario,and Tetris 2 (SNES) are?
I've wanted to know that for quite sometime now but have never been able to find out.

Originally Posted by eriol33
Whoops, I really forget about that game. Who is the composer of Paper Mario?
Yuka Tsujiyoko composed Paper Mario/Mario Story.

I was speaking idiomatically.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:20 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 10:20 AM #38 of 39
For tetris (gameboy version?), I think there is no VGM composer, because all the songs used are originally folk songs.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
* The theme tune used in the Game Boy edition of Tetris (Music A) has become very widely known, to the point that it is the theme song of level 20 of Tetris DS, even though that level is based on the NES version of Tetris. It is a Russian folk tune called "Korobeiniki" or "Korobeyniki."
* Music A in the NES version is "Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy," a tune noted to be scene 14c of act two of The Nutcracker, which was composed by Tchaikovsky.
* Music B in the Tengen version is the Kalinka, a famous Russian song written by Ivan Petrovich Larionov
* Music C in the Game Boy version is an arrangement of Johann Sebastian Bach's Suite No. 3 In B Minor, BWV 814, IV. Menuett - Trio.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by eriol33; Oct 21, 2006 at 10:24 PM.
datschge
Sakuraba Fan

Member 9353

Level 11.78

Jul 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:38 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 04:38 PM #39 of 39
Dr. Mario: Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka (no idea about the Tetris & Dr. Mario arrangements tho)
Paper Mario N64: Yuka Tsujiyoko & Taishi Senda
Paper Mario GC: Yoshito Hirano & Yuka Tsujiyoko

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Nintedo Composers Discussion