Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Over Sleeping - CRAP THE WORLD IS OVER!!!

fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 04:27 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 09:27 AM #1 of 25
Over Sleeping - CRAP THE WORLD IS OVER!!!

Ok folks my first new thread in a very long time, so be gentle...

My question is what is the worst thing you have ever missed through over sleeping? As a student we spend 99% of our lives in bed and I constantly over sleep and miss lectures etc, but a few weeks ago I overslept and missed my enrollment, almost causing me to not be able to attend university! Had to make up some serious crap for that one. I told them that my cousins had been in a car accident and they needed my blood! I still cant believe I got away with that excuse, I even went as far as to put a plaster on my inner elbow to make it look like I had given blood.

So what was the worst thing you slept through and if you needed too, what was your excuse to escape the punishment?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 04:42 AM #2 of 25
Wow, that's gonna be hard to top.

I've slept through a handful of exams in my years of college, a couple of which resulted in my options being drop the class or fail it, so I dropped them. And, the most recent time I dropped one of those classes, my number of credits then dropped me to a part-time student and not a full-time, so I lost financial aid I was getting.

Luckily, I've never slept through work, though I have waken up right as I should be leaving, when I need to shower and stuff still.

There have also been a few times where I've completely slept through seeing my friends. Sometimes they've shown up and knocked randomly, and I've slept right through it. Other times, I'll make plans then fall asleep and miss out. One friend had a birthday party last year, I went to bed late the night before it, slept for 16 hours, and woke up when the party was over. I also slept through one time when I was supposed to meet up with my dad for lunch.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:35 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 06:35 AM #3 of 25
Not so much as over sleeping, but sleeping at the wrong time. One time I was pretty exhausted coming back from work, so I took at nap at 5 pm. I got up and the sun was out, I looked at my analog clock, 8:45! OH SHIT I'm LATE FOR WORK! (since I work 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM), I go to my parents room and no one is there, and I think they left for work! Half way through frantically changing into work clothes, my mom comes in and is like what the hell? You have to go to work in the evening?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:28 AM #4 of 25
I've never missed a really important appointment on the scale of WORLD OVER, but in general I hate oversleeping.

That moment when you come out of a deep, restful slumber and roll over to look at the cloc-OH SHIT! MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF, NOW I'M REALLY FUCKING LATE!. Now you get a shot of adrenaline, but the rest of your body is still basically asleep so you literally fall out of bed as you make your way to the bathroom to try an get yourself together. No time to shower, throw on extra deodorant and wear a hat. No time for brushing the teeth, just rinse with more mouthwash as you realize you not only put your underwear on backward, your are trying to force two legs through one pant. Hope that there is still some coffee I brewed from yesterday in the pot; fuck it if its old and cold--I need the caffeine. The whole time, you feel like you just crawled out of your grave.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
---
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:32 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 07:32 AM #5 of 25
I've never missed much other than course lectures from oversleeping, which is no biggie as I "planned" to miss it since if I knew I didn't need that lecture/could read the presentation materials and learn it on my own.

However, one case last semester, I was finishing up a midterm group project and a presentation to be given the next morning. My part of the presentation was rather important since it was the core of the project, but I had overslept and missed a couple shuttles to campus. So I got to the class with about 10 minutes left in it. :/ My group just finished, and they couldn't discuss my part in detail since they had no idea how I did what I did. ;_;

Fortunately, the professor was cool and let me present the following week with a slight deduction. Good thing too since it was definitely the most kickass project of all the groups.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:30 AM #6 of 25
I over sleep more than I'd like to admit. I am so not a morning person. Often times, I over sleep due to my alarm clock not going off, or I'll just hit the sleep button and never wake back up.

I am almost always at least 10 minutes late to work because I am an asshole, but thats cool - I almost always stay late these days.

I've slept too late on the morning of a final exam, actually. I had to be to class by 8 am, and I hadn't slept well due to stress over the exam that morning. I slept straight through the alarm and didn't wake up until 10am or so.

Of course, there were no make-ups for the final exam because that professor was an asshole. It only affected my final grade a little bit since I was doing pretty okay in the class, but fuck.

Back in the day when I had to open a coffee shop 30 minutes from my home in Worcester, I slept late only once in my entire time working there. I had to be at the shop at 5am to get everything ready for opening at 6am. I didn't make it to the shop until 5:45 am. I got there just in time to brew a few pots of coffee and get the food stuff out. No one ever knew how late I was to work that day.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 02:13 PM #7 of 25
I like sleeping, but I'm usually good at getting up on time if there's some place I have to be. Still was late on occassion, but walking to school can be evil like that.

I think though there were a few times during college where my alarm went off and instead of hitting 'snooze' I just turned it off, so I totally slept through class. Luckily that didn't happen often, but when it did I usually just took it as meaning that I really did need that extra sleep.

I know there were a couple times I purposely slept through my morning life drawing class because I really didn't feel like drawing naked people.

I never made excuses though.

FELIPE NO
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 03:02 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 03:02 PM #8 of 25
I would say I sleep often, and oversleep at times as well. Usually, if I miss a few classes, I tell the Prof that I was sick over the past couple days. That usually gets me of the hook. Only works once a term though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 05:24 PM #9 of 25
I can't really remember the last time I overslept on an important day. I think it was the first day of the second semester back in grade 9. I think I overslept then, because of my own stupidity thinking that it wasn't the first day of the second semester and that the next day was.

Most amazing jew boots
Draz
Not-So-Tortured Poet

Member 5387

Level 7.02

Apr 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 04:47 PM #10 of 25
Ugh. I oversleep every day, and it is seriously detrimental to my daily schedule. I barely (or rarely) have time to change, shower, brush hair, all that stuff that people normally do. Pretty much all I can is crawl out of bed, eat breakfast, and then leave. I don't even have time to check my webcomics! It's awful, really.

I've slept up to 17 hours at once before, and boy was it disorienting. I woke up and was like "No way is it, like, 6 PM. That clock is wrong." But sadly, it was not. Felt like I had wasted so much time...

How ya doing, buddy?
Signatures are so overrated...

Pretentious Music Blather. <--- Music snobbery, not currently updated. Worth reading anyway.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:02 PM #11 of 25
I used to oversleep a bit, because I set my alarm about :30 - 1:00 hour earlier than I need to get up. My alarm clock is across the room from me, so I got used to tuning out the "BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ" sound.

Now, I set an alarm at http://www.onlineclock.net/ and turn up my speakers loud.

This thing jolts me out of bed immediately and I run to go turn it off and set it for the next hour, when I can actually get up.

I set my alarm early so that I can actually enjoy falling back to sleep / laying in bed for another hour instead of waking up with a "shit, time to get up" feeling.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:17 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 06:17 PM #12 of 25
Jazz, holy crap that might be my next use for a computer! Yeah that's just about as annoying as my regular alarm clock, but probably would scare the crap out of me the first few mornings since I'm not accustomed to it.

- What we all do best -
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:09 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 07:09 PM #13 of 25
Luckily, I haven't missed anything important because of sleeping in or having a broken alarm clock. I once almost missed the school bus when I was in high school since my alarm clock went off half an hour later than my normal time. I couldn't figure out why that happened since I had it set at its usual time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 11:28 PM #14 of 25
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
I set my alarm early so that I can actually enjoy falling back to sleep / laying in bed for another hour instead of waking up with a "shit, time to get up" feeling.
I used to do something like that, except it was more like all the clocks in the house were set 20 minutes ahead (it started as 10 minutes and got faster...), so that when I set the alarm for what time I wanted to get up, it was really 20 minutes earlier. I would panic, and then realize that I really had some time.

Come to think of it, I might start doing that again. It's a nice feeling.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:34 AM #15 of 25
Originally Posted by Rydia
Luckily, I haven't missed anything important because of sleeping in or having a broken alarm clock. I once almost missed the school bus when I was in high school since my alarm clock went off half an hour later than my normal time. I couldn't figure out why that happened since I had it set at its usual time.
I had that happen. I heard the next day that the power had gone off briefly during the night and wondered if that had anything to do with it.

I oversleep constantly.

That's because I'm working on a friend's website and get about 2 hours sleep a day. You notice I also take breaks from said site by coming here, and doing things on my own site.

Well, let's see...I've experienced the "Oh crap, I overslept but it's actually evening" phenomenon.

I've overslept for work by about an hour or so--but since I actually do my job and it doesn't happen often, they don't make an issue of it.

But, I think the worst thing I've done is oversleep for mandatory meetings at my second job. They haven't quite figured out how exhausted I am that I can't come in early Saturday morning. They get a little irritated, but...

Oh, and sometimes I'm so exhausted that I can't work on my friend's website.....

Most amazing jew boots
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:47 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 01:47 AM #16 of 25
1. I overslept and missed my Japanese Final Exam during my sophmore year.

2. I overslept and missed my Japanese Final Exam during my study abroad.

3. I overslept and missed my Shinkansen to Hiroshima, missing my only chance to hear one of the survivors of the Hiroshima bomb speak. That one sucked the most.

Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 01:10 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 01:10 AM #17 of 25
My body seems to be programmed to wake up just early enough so that I can run into my 11:30 class three minutes late. If I have to wake up earlier than usual for any reason, I tend to...not wake up? I haven't slept through work yet...because I slept through a job interview that I had at 10:00 one morning!

I'm definitely making sure that there's a bit more variety in my schedule next semester. It's hard to wake up for the same class at the same time every morning.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

all the cool people are doing it...rakka's last.fm page
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 01:45 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 01:45 AM #18 of 25
You know, oversleeping, I don't have much of a problem, especially if I know its my fault. The worst, and usually pisses me right off, is when the power goes out overnight and I didn't know it did... And of course, it happens so rarely, that I don't have battery backup... so every once in a while, it screws me over.

But then again, I guess it is my fault if I am not prepared...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 04:01 AM #19 of 25
Oh man, I remember one time the power went out when I was napping and I woke up to no digital time and freaked out! Same way Spatula did, but, "OH SHIT AM I LATE FOR CLASS?!?" and then find out it's still evening, and probably look like a spastic idiot to my friend/roommate. Curse times of the day that have the same lighting! *shakes fist*

Kazyl
Good Chocobo

Member 1774

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 05:58 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 03:58 AM #20 of 25
Well, recently I overslept and completely missed my Philosophy class. Our take home test was due that day and I was freaking out. I zipped over to school only to find the classroom empty (no surprise) with the intent to drop it off in his mailbox in hopes that he would take pity on me. The syllabus said no late tests would be accepted and that they would have to be handed to him on that day.

Not wanting to lie, I told him straight up in the note that I didn't hear my alarm clock at all. I had already made piece with the fact that I had lost 100 points when a few days later, I get the test back with a 78%. I was too relieved to even care. I'm just glad I didn't get a zero.

Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:15 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 06:15 PM #21 of 25
I never oversleep so much that I get late :O
It has happened sometimes that I overslept 30 minutes or even an hour, but I still make it to school in time since I skip breakfast, showering, getting ready and all if that would happen.

I really, REALLY hate being late, so I do my best not to.

Most amazing jew boots

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 06:12 PM #22 of 25
I overslept this morning. I normally start work at 8am, but I was still in bed at 7:50am. I managed to get into work for 8:30 so I was only 30 minutes late.

Other than that I'm not really the sort of person who sleeps in. (except at the weekends.)

Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 01:54 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 10:54 AM #23 of 25
I had a friend who overslept for his finals. Yes, when he woke up, it was too late. Finals was pretty much over. Lucky for him, the professor was very lenient about it. He was able to take it when he came late.

In situations like these, I think telling the truth is the best way.

FELIPE NO

Dance party!
leer317
Wark!

Member 3091

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:31 AM #24 of 25
I've missed so many classes through oversleeping... I've never missed anything important, though... like midterms or finals.

I've learned that if I need to wake up at a certain time, and there's no normal way that I'd normally be able to wake up at that time (e.g., sleeping for two hours only), I keep my lights on. I apparently lose the REM sleep, but I feel partially rested, and I don't miss my scheduled event.

splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:38 AM #25 of 25
I've slept through half a test before. Woke up, looked at the time and freaked. I arrived an hour late for the test, I'm surprised they even let me start it. I didn't do too badly either lol.

Most amazing jew boots
[RIGHT]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Over Sleeping - CRAP THE WORLD IS OVER!!!