Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] What are you currently REPLAYING (prefix RE)?

randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 10:15 PM #51 of 72
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
What?:eyebrow:
This is why I shouldn't play games when I should be sleeping, I meant it was a good game despite a so-so ending.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Welcome to Silent Hill
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 10:36 PM #52 of 72
FFX and FFVIII, and I lost count of how many times I've played them. I'm considering replaying FFVI too... stupid thing is that I lost about 230 hours alone of gameplay from FFX and a lot from FFVI when I misplaced my memory cards >.<; as for FFVIII, the computer had a major crash and I lost my incredible amount of gameplay there too... I suppose I'm trying to complete them again to make up for it or something. I just finished replaying MGS2 the other day as well; I don't have too many new games to play, but I guess that's okay because I love the old ones so much

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:44 PM #53 of 72
I'm currently replaying through Legend of Legaia again. I still can't believe how hard this mother is! I love it though, every boss after the first has the ability to wipe out a single party member with a no-block combo.

Edit:Btw, could anybody tell me if the sequel 'Legaia 2: Duel Saga' is just as hard as the first game? I'm thinking about getting it for my birthday. I'm sick of all these RPGs with their difficulty levels aimed towards little kids.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Sarmoti; Sep 6, 2006 at 10:47 PM.
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:35 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 11:35 PM #54 of 72
I just started replaying Chrono Cross yesterday...actually, I wound up having to buy an original Playstation, since my PS2 can't seem to read PS1 disks anymore. At least the system came with a copy of Driver (and a memory card...and a Dual Shock, and one of those ancient digital controllers)...maybe that'll be the next game I replay!

...but probably not.

Hopefully, I can pick up on all of the little plot twists and details that I missed my first time through the game, though it's been years since I played it for the first time and I can hardly remember anything from the game's plot. If nothing else, I can just pause at the menu in about a dozen places in the game and fall asleep to the music...it's so beautiful...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

all the cool people are doing it...rakka's last.fm page
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 01:26 PM #55 of 72
I've been replaying Perfect Dark. I completely forgot I never beat it on PA difficulty, and I also forgot how awesome this game was. This is how nonlinearity SHOULD be: overcoming obstacles in any order any way you see fit in order to attain the short term goal of completing the stage.

Most amazing jew boots
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:04 PM #56 of 72
A friend and I decided to play through Mega Man X6 on the xtreme difficulty while not collecting or using any items or power ups, just the X buster the whole way through. Some stages were brutal to get through, like Blaze Heatnix's, and Infinity Minjinion heals himself during battles on xtreme, which meant we spent an hour trying to beat him. We just hit the final levels of the game, and realized one item is needed just to make it through the level because of poor game design, so we just grabbed that one. But anyways, this is freaking hard, and in three hours of play, we didn't get through the first boss.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Arc Impulse
Syklis Green

Member 473

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 04:01 PM #57 of 72
Originally Posted by Elixir
Nice list, but how do you "complete" Katamari and Guilty Gear XX?
For Guilty Gear XX, I'd say you'd have to beat all the missions, unlock all the characters (IE RoboKy if it's not #Reload or Slash, Justice, and Kliff) beat arcade mode on hardest difficulty with every character, go through every story mode branch (3 endings for each character minus Justice) and probably a few other things I forgot.

As for me, I'm replaying nothing currently, though I'll probably go for Valkyrie Profile again on my PSP when I have time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:24 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 11:24 PM #58 of 72
You may have heard of this one: Chrono Trigger.

It's been a good half-decade since I "completed" it, and I didn't even attempt to get any alternate endings. Right now I've just finished the bike race and wouldn't you know it, I've got that damned fanfare stuck in my head.

I'm thinking of grabbing a copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles from my work for the cutscenes they added. Are they worth it?

How ya doing, buddy?
SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:12 AM #59 of 72
Originally Posted by Twikite
I'm thinking of grabbing a copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles from my work for the cutscenes they added. Are they worth it?
Not if you can find them online. The Chronicles version of CT takes a second or two to load before and after each battle and the music is off from the original by ever so slightly. On the other hand the FF4 included is probably the best overall version of that game in English, so maybe it is worth it.

For my part I decided to celebrate Mario 64's approaching 10th anniversary with a replay. Fun stuff, even today, though I forgot how much I hate the damned Clock level. But that's a post for another topic.

DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...
jRev
XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG

Member 610

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:55 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 12:55 AM #60 of 72
Originally Posted by quazi
Oh and I'm replaying Baldur's Gate 2 for the umpteenth time. It's nearly infinately replayable because of the myriad of character options.
Same here. This time I'm playing through with a mage imported from BG1.

The other games I'm replaying in short bursts could be a nice dose of nostalgia for PC fans: Master of Magic, The Hand of Fate, The Pandora Directive (a real bitch to run on XP), Broken Sword and Privateer. I tried to get back into Wing Commander 1 but somehow I just can't manage to navigate those asteroid fields and mine fields anymore.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:07 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 01:07 AM #61 of 72
I play Shadow of The Colossus every now and then, I wanna max out my life and strenght.

Besides that, I just ordered a Japanese copy of MGS so I know I'll be hooked up with it for a while.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 11:09 PM #62 of 72
I'm almost done with a re-run of Ocarina of Time, as I'm currently @ the Spirit Temple... I think the most grueling part of the game has been the whole Water Temple, because after that everything was smooth sailing.

Now I go back to getting those Silver Gauntlets!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:56 PM #63 of 72
I'm replaying Omikron for PC. I'm also tempted to play the original Duke Nukem 3D for PC too.

I've been replaying Tenchu: Stealth Assassins and I'm also thinking of replaying Baldur's Gate II again soon.

FELIPE NO
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:15 PM #64 of 72
Another run-through of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PSX. This'll be the 6th or 7th time, I believe.

Most amazing jew boots
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:16 PM #65 of 72
Super Mario 64, because I can - what's up.

I have 25 stars so far - fun fun.

Plus, I don't have any Playstation-related anything with me (or on my laptop)...bah.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:14 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 10:14 PM #66 of 72
Just did my regular Dawn of Sorrow again. I must say, Mario 64(DS), GoldenEye 007, Majora's Mask, Mega Man X, SotN, AoS and DoS are the 7 top (non-fighting) games I have that demand way too many replays from me..

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kloak
*~Kloaking In Affect~*

Member 3266

Level 12.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:25 AM #67 of 72
Yeah...i finally convinced my friend to play Chrono Trigger and he got so into it he began to tell me whats happening...so i started to play it again just because of the hype he gave it...lol

Then i finally got my Playstation emulator working good so I tested Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night...and now I'm stuck on that once again...lol

If I could get Chrono Cross to work...I would be playing that again also but thats not happening

xMxEdGaRx
Carob Nut

Member 13752

Level 6.55

Oct 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:46 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 01:46 PM #68 of 72
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island > I just don't get tired of this game, never gets old, very fun and I love Yoshi!

Sometimes I play Star Fox and Star Fox 64 and others classics

Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:13 AM #69 of 72
I'm now replaying Golden Sun I, Golden Sun II and Final Fantasy II for Gameboy Advance.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] What are you currently REPLAYING (prefix RE)?