Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do you think of interracial couples?

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 04:51 AM #151 of 210
But being crass isn't some sort of abject moral failure like racism is!

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:03 PM #152 of 210
The only difference is by degrees. You're still an unsightly person either way.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
McCloud
Currently hates his username.

Member 4413

Level 10.62

Apr 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 10:50 PM #153 of 210
To be honest, I'm rather disappointed that there aren't more interracial couples. It disappoints me how stupid people can be regarding cross-racial dating. And frankly, I hate the term race. We're one species, plain and simple. I believe that potentially, one day, there won't be any racially defining characteristics because we'll have cross-bred so much that we all bear the same physical features (with minor differences in individual people, hair color, face and body type, et al...). I wager we'll all, for the most part, be rather beautiful.

I honestly don't have a preference regarding race. All the girls I've dated have been caucasian, usually of irish or german heritage. I'm a 1/2 norwegian 1/4 japanese 1/4 irish mix myself. However I do find asian and black (I feel really uncomfortable saying that, but the term "african-american" is more uncomfortable for me for some reason) women to be very attractive. I suppose it's the exotic look, the shade of the skin, the eyes, the dark hair, etc etc. But that's just me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The above statements may or may not be true.
eks
Carob Slut

Member 545

Level 9.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:08 AM #154 of 210
Being that I'm in an inter-racial relationship (I'm white, she's Hispanic), I can't say I have any problem with them. My woman isn't the stereotypical Hispanic woman, but I'm not the stereotypical white guy (at least around here), either.

As it's been said, the biggest "obstacle" is the cultural/personality differences. I've seen many physically attractive black women that I'd never speak (unless it were absolutely necessary) to simply because our personalities wouldn't mesh.

When it comes to white girls and black guys, I think it's the taboo of doing it that makes it so attractive. Black guys are usually more confident and carefree than whities, too. I think black men who date white girls typically do it because of this (but in the opposite light), too. Kinda like stickin' it to "da man".

What's with all of you who are equating "relationship" with love? A lot of the defensive people involved in such relationships are defensive because they're just fleeting fuck-buddies. Are all of you guys saying that it's not ok to lust after big, black dicks or tiny, white buttholes?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 04:22 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 11:22 AM #155 of 210
Originally Posted by Avalokiteshvara
I think that inter-racial couples tend to be awfully serious about the fact that they're inter-racial. I think that it would be nice to be able to stare without having a ton of angry people jump down my throat about being intolerant. Maybe they just looked neat.
You wouldn't be the only one who stares. My fiance and I get that all the time...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 03:47 PM #156 of 210
Seriously, the point I was trying to get at was that it may be the insecurities of the people within the relationship that causes them to consider otherwise completely innocuous glances and looks as disgusted or condemning.

Also, if they were disgusted or condemning, it might be for other reasons entirely. To start, how would they even know you were in a relationship unless you were performing some kind of public display of affection, which, in various degrees, is disgusting to everyone but the participants.

lurker: this is my apology for being an incompetent troll. We all lapse right?

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:12 PM #157 of 210
You need to train harder.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Belladonna
Bond Girl

Member 8499

Level 3.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:57 PM #158 of 210
I am white and my boyfriend is Vietnamese/Chinese. No one gives us any problems. A few have looked but probably just to look at us as people, not in a disgusted way because we are inter-racial. Maybe they think we look cool together.

I love him and couldn't care less what people actually thought of the relationship. It isn't their business anyways and their opinion means nothing to me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Belladonna; Jun 15, 2006 at 10:00 PM.
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 09:02 PM #159 of 210
I say beauty and love have nothing to do with rce. Some will dissagree but beauty Is beauty nomatter what race. Also if you truly love someone race is most likely the last reason why. Thats just what I believe.

FELIPE NO
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 06:20 PM #160 of 210
My view on interracial dating may be seen as one that is totally objective, but I think there is nothing wrong there, speaking from experience. I'm a black guy and I'm dating a girl who's white. I think it's actually quite common to see, and I like seeing other couples that are interracial. It makes me happy.

Internet: for the win!
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:41 PM #161 of 210
I don't have any problems with it personally, and neither does my father. He said if I wanted to date women of other ethnicity, it's fine with him (I'm Chinese, by the way). My mother thinks otherwise though. ;P

I've seen a few interracial couples here on campus, but it's still heavily skewed.

janus zeal
=^~^=

Member 3660

Level 18.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:43 PM #162 of 210
I have no problem with it. my father does though, even though he denies it.

love is love~

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 03:37 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 02:37 AM #163 of 210
In reference to the automobile industry...

Originally Posted by a lurker
Did you guys forget that that industry basically destroyed our economy back last century?
I know it's way late in the discussion here, but I was wondering if you could elaborate on that a little bit.

Once I had to spend the night in a hospital in San Antonio, TX. The next day I was watching HBO at a hotel all drugged up from the night before. I watched that movie, Fools Rush In with Matthew Perry and Salma Hayek. Because I was kinda fucked up, instead of watching the movie as a romantic comedy, I looked at it as an illustrations of the hardships of interracial relationships due to extreme differences in culture. I think that as long as both people are coming from a similar frame of reference, or are ready to fully embrace another culture and incorporate it into the plan for their life, then interracial relationships can be awesome. For the most part though, from my own experience, interracial relationships have a short life span. Basically, a good deal of interracial relationships are just an excuse to try out sex with a person of a different race.

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:57 AM #164 of 210
I've been in an interracial relationship for over two years now, so I'm certainly fine with it. And I don't see why anyone else wouldn't be fine with it, no one is forcing them to be in our relationship.

Neither of us have received any heat for being in an interracial relationship, which is good. My family loves her, and her family loves me, and our friends have never found anything wrong with it or said anything, so I'm glad we have good families and friends.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:53 PM #165 of 210
Inter-racial couples are fine. I dated a puerto rican for six years, but i probably wouldn't do that again. I'm not really attracted to many people who aren't the same race as me.

Mithos
Angel of Cruxis

Member 3307

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 10:50 PM #166 of 210
Forgive me for not reading most of the thread but...

My dad seems to be rather racist. Well, not racist, but he keeps on telling me how I should go off and find a Chinese girlfriend (I am Chinese), because they might be somehow superior.

I know that in general, the world seems to think that inter-racial relationships are bad and racism is fine (even though no single person will admit it to another). If people look different, then they are different, in that sense - so even though it's not a well-reasoned stance, I guess it's explained (justified, perhaps not).

I know it's not exactly adding much to the discussion, but I really do wish people would categorise humans on other grounds, if at all.

I guess things aren't looking good for a Chinese guy stranded in the UK. Of course, I'd be totally out of place if I went back to Asia. So I guess I'm not really meant to be anywhere at all...

By any other name, would smell as sweet.
Bloodrayne
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2639

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:17 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 02:17 AM #167 of 210
Ive the opinion thats interracial couples are not a good thing. I prefer heterogenity over homogenity. When every people and races mix, what will be the product? A plain mix without ancient history, without a deep-going culture. And this mordern "urbanic-zeigeist-multiculturalist"-crap is no real culture for me, sorry. Mix ten different colors into a bottle, and the product will be....yes...guess what....

Furthermore, I dont find men of other races aesthetical. Im not attracted to them - and that is not a decision I made, its natural.

But everyone as he or she likes...its just MY opinion, no matter what other say. So dont even mind to piss me of because of my opinion.

And have a look to the baby of Heidi Klum and Seal...isnt he...:eyebrow:

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Bloodrayne; Jul 20, 2006 at 08:19 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:29 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 06:29 PM #168 of 210
Originally Posted by Bloodrayne
Ive the opinion thats interracial couples are not a good thing. I prefer heterogenity over homogenity. When every people and races mix, what will be the product? A plain mix without ancient history, without a deep-going culture. And this mordern "urbanic-zeigeist-multiculturalist"-crap is no real culture for me, sorry. Mix ten different colors into a bottle, and the product will be....yes...guess what...
Do you have any concept of how culture is relinquish from one generation to another and why? Do you have any idea how "culture" functions? O.o;; Just because a group of people is consist of intermix "races" that doesn't mean they wouldn't have meaningful "culture" or "history". Secondly, the premise of multiculturalism is essentially keeping different cultures Separate, instead of integration or assimilation in other type of social models.

Last edited by Magi; Jul 20, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 09:41 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 04:41 AM #169 of 210
I thought I'd never date outside of my race, and for no particular reason either. Probably because I live in whitebread America. But then I dated an Indian (read: from India), and found that actually dating someone of a different race helped me overcome any inhibitions I previously held about how dating might be "different" depending on race. I think I was mostly worried about how my conservate relatives would be. I remember my parents used to study with a church that said God doesn't like it when you date someone from a different race, but it's not exactly a sin so it's tolerated if you do. Surprisingly enough, all my relatives were fine with it. There wasn't any mention of her race at all, really.

Though, I also think those inhibitions I had were also partly due to a sneaky kind of racism that I was trying to ignore, and I'm glad to be rid of it.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:57 PM #170 of 210
Ive the opinion thats interracial couples are not a good thing. I prefer heterogenity over homogenity.
het·er·o·ge·ne·ous
adj.
1. also het·er·og·e·nous: Consisting of dissimilar elements or parts; not homogeneous. See Synonyms at miscellaneous.
2. Completely different; incongruous.

ho·mo·ge·ne·ous
adj.
1. Of the same or similar nature or kind: “a tight-knit, homogeneous society” (James Fallows).
2. Uniform in structure or composition throughout.
3. Mathematics. Consisting of terms of the same degree or elements of the same dimension.

what now

Last edited by Sarag; Jul 21, 2006 at 01:02 PM.
Bloodrayne
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2639

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:49 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2006, 02:49 AM #171 of 210
Not "what now!", all is correct.

Guess what? I want to see Blacks, Whites, Mestizos, Asians...and so on...in 10.000 years, too. Thats all. The world would be boring with a well-mixed mono-race.

Thats heterogenity.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:54 PM #172 of 210
Not "what now!", all is correct.

Guess what? I want to see Blacks, Whites, Mestizos, Asians...and so on...in 10.000 years, too. Thats all. The world would be boring with a well-mixed mono-race.

Thats heterogenity.
No it's not.

You're really stupid, aren't you?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:28 AM #173 of 210
Ive the opinion thats interracial couples are not a good thing. I prefer heterogenity over homogenity. When every people and races mix, what will be the product? A plain mix without ancient history, without a deep-going culture. And this mordern "urbanic-zeigeist-multiculturalist"-crap is no real culture for me, sorry. Mix ten different colors into a bottle, and the product will be....yes...guess what....
Actually, wouldn't everyone's culture and heritage become more enriched because they have multiple cultural influences to draw from? From the way that the world looks now, I find it hard to believe that the entire planet is going to fall into a One World Order and do everything the same, there's just too many cultural differences, religious beliefs, and personal attitudes unless something very weird happens.

I do see why you want to still see a variety of races centuries from now since it does give them a form of individuality and variety makes everything less boring. However, there are some positives to mixing different races together such as avoidance of interbreeding, creating a stronger immune system, and the inheritance of traits that could help strengthen the gene pool.

Also, I love Seal's music, but Seal isn't exactly the most attractive guy out there (no offense), and it may surprise some people to realize how many people within Hollywood are of a mixed race, yet they are considered to be some of the most beautiful men and women.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:08 PM #174 of 210
I hear you. I don't know what's got the others so confused. You and I both know that if people look the same, then they'll be the same and enjoy the same culture as one another. I mean, if I were to find me in north america, someone that looks like me in the middle east, someone who looks like me in east asia, someone that looks like me in Africa, and someone that looks like me in Australia, we'd all be pretty close to the same background.

I mean, culture isn't based on regions and bloodlines right? :eyebrow:

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Technophile
With my hands...Be My Last

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 03:41 AM #175 of 210
I really don't understand why having an interracial-relationship is still an issue in modern society. The topic's been explored, attacked, and condoned to death. A person who still looks negatively upon it is really a nuisance as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and Bloodrayne, if your only gripe with interracial-relationships is the "IMPENDING DOOM OF ONLY ONE GLOBAL HOMOGENIZED RACE" thing, then I really don't think you need to worry. There are plenty of "purists" (such as what seems like yourself) who'll make sure that this "tragic loss of diversity and different cultures" won't happen. Even though preserving diversity is probebly the least of their concerns.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What do you think of interracial couples?