Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

How many languages can fit into a brain?

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 04:26 PM #26 of 30
Quote:
You can learn as much as you want.
Eh, maybe not. You only have a limited number of neurons, and they can only form a limited number of synapses. 70-80% of your neurons aren't even related to learning or remembering, they'll all in your cerebellum. Luckily, your brain automatically forgets unimportant memories so that new memories can take their place.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; May 24, 2006 at 06:29 PM.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 10:23 AM #27 of 30
Originally Posted by phatmastermatt
Ah, the possibilities. And here I am in a lousy French III class in High School. I will probably never be fluent in another language besides English. What do people do? Take classes? That's a lot of money...I suppose I should just pick up some books and hide in a corner for a couple of years.
I think you should develop passive skill on your language, just like what I do with japanese right now. C'mon, french is not that hard. I understand it much faster than I do with japanese (probably because I have learned german as well, which makes me easier to understand romance language in future).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
pandaswan
I got swan wings.

Member 6242

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 10:39 PM #28 of 30
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
Eh, maybe not. You only have a limited number of neurons, and they can only form a limited number of synapses. 70-80% of your neurons aren't even related to learning or remembering, they'll all in your cerebellum. Luckily, your brain automatically forgets unimportant memories so that new memories can take their place.
hmm... are you sure?

The average human only uses like 12% of their brain's capability, or maybe it was 2%.

Once something goes into our brain, it stays there, and when we say we have completely forgotten something, it's not because it was erased from the brain, it's just that you never think of it, that's why you couldn't recall that certain memory.

back to topic, my native language is mandarin, but I've lived in the US for almost 9 years.. I still do my multiplication's table in mandarin xD, but instead of thinking in mandarin, I think in English now for the most part. Like when I first started to learn English, I'd have to translate every word in my head to chinese first in order to understand. Now it's the other way around.. for the most part.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:40 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 10:40 PM #29 of 30
No. Normal humans use the enitre brain. Otherwise we would be able to remove a large amount of our brain without issue.

WHICH CLEARLY ISN'T THE CASE.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SoulEdge[GK]
Banned

Member 5123

Level 1.47

Apr 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 06:59 PM #30 of 30
I can speak Japanese, Spanish and English.
I often start speaking Japanese in Spanish class.
So I'm really not too sure.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > How many languages can fit into a brain?