Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Yggdrasil's Journal

Yggdrasil's Journal Statistics
View Yggdrasil's profile
Entries 11 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 3852
Replies Yggdrasil has made 2 comments [view stats]
Comments 13 comments (1.18 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 0 props given to Yggdrasil [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Yggdrasil's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Sep 18, 2006 - 11:00 PM
a new start on life.
Lost.
Today is 9/18/06, and officially today is my real first day in college, UC Irvine. Since I'm starting a new chapter in life I'd figure now would be an ideal time to start off a journal that I will actually update and use to some extent. In anycase (*reminder* stop using this phrase so often, I use "In anycas..." way to often) my college life starts today, so many questions with so few answers, are frats worth joining? I wonder how my classes and professors will work out, and I taking the right classes? Am I taking the right amount of classes? Its only now that I realize that to some extent its at college where the training wheels really come off.

So far my experience @ UCI has been rather positive, my roommates seem cool and the campus is great in my opinion. So I guess the whole thing about losing all your friends from HS and picking up newer and possibly better ones at college is true. But having just got here I haven't had much oppurtunity to really get to know anyone, which only makes me feel more lonely. This is all happening while I'm still trying to adjust to a life without my parents. Now when I play games I have this nagging thought at the back of my head that always asks me "Is there something really urgent and nesscary that needs to be done but its not going to because I'm playing this game?" The knowledge that there will be no one to pick up the mess if I mess up is really drilling a hole into my head. This damn thought really takes a lot of the fun out of my games, maybe its just me realizing I've outgrown my games, maybe its just this new environment making me uncomfortable all around. I also have doubts about how I will be able to handle the college workload. People tell me college work is rather different from high school work, others tell me its not always the case. In anycase I guess I will have to wait and see how its like, but from the names of the classes and the number of them I should have it rather easy (For those of you who are wondering, im taking Writing 39A, Econ 1, Math 2B and University Studies 3).

More concerns for me new life lies with my fianances. while my parents have been nice enough to cover tuition for now they say I may have to pay for it on my own later. I will also need to raise my own money for my own uses, like food, or discretionary uses. In other words I need to find a part time job. I've already learned from my summer courses at a local community college that those god damned text books are overpriced. Bloody god damn text books, a small little (compared to most normal textbooks) paperback Econ textbook costs 100+ dollars. My writing class requires a shitload of books that put together nears 200 dollars. I could go on and whine'n bitch about the cost of books but I don't think I need to elaborate anymore on this matter. So other than books I'll also need money to feed myself and to make other purchases like new clothes and whatnot.

Well I'm getting tired now, I'll type up more stuff on some other day (hopefully on a regular basis as well).

P.S My apologies for the block of text.

Currently Playing: Games: Company of Heroes, WoW. Music: Daft Punk, Gnarls Barkely

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Yggdrasil's Journal