Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal

Angel of Light's Journal Statistics
View Angel of Light's profile
Entries 83 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 38915
Replies Angel of Light has made 363 comments [view stats]
Comments 271 comments (3.27 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 115 props given to Angel of Light [who be proppin?]
Buddies 19 buddies
Relation You are not Angel of Light's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 12, 2011 - 11:31 PM
Alberta Update + Next Year
I know I've been kind of MIA lately. So I just wanted to provide an update of whats been going on in my life

So after three weeks since I've been up in Northern Alberta, I finally nailed down a job and have been working on it over the last week and a half. Its kind of funny with all those resumes I've been sending out the first company that actually contacted back was the only company and they started me at a really good starting wage. A lot better then what I was initially offered when I first moved up here for the first time.

I've been pretty much going full tilt since I first started my job. One of the problems this company has is that they can't hang on to their core employees, so since this company specializes with a lot of the same work I've been use to doing I've actually moved up the rank pretty fast. I'm not even 10 days into the job and I'm really racking in a lot of hours with a lot of overtime so whatever debts I have back home I should be able to get rid of them pretty fast. This job actually has a lot of summer students right now, so since they're only going to be with us until December, prospects are looking good that I'll have consistent work over the winter.

I've actually been sleeping really well, my cpap machine (respirator) has been doing wonders, so I don't think I'll have any fears of falling asleep on the job site especially during times of idle time.

It'll be another week and a half, before I get paid, but getting the first paycheck will be a big relief knowing that I can get some stuff paid off.

I actually got a birthday coming up in less than two weeks, but having a birthday up here is really nothing exciting since more than likely I'll be working, but hey I turn 31 and its big year.

On a completely different note:

As I'm reading through all the meet entries, I can't help but feel a little depressed that I came so close to being a part of that wonderful experience.

Looking through the pictures the last thing I expected was Deni to be bald, I knew the beard was to be expected, but to have no hair on top (shudder).

I am really proud of the fact that I heard this meet was stress free and drama free. I think this shows without a shadow of a doubt that these meets continue to be more successful with each passing year and sprout it just goes to show you that despite the stress that you were under you still pulled off an awesome experience and everybody that went really enjoyed themselves. We are a family and that's the reason why a lot of us can mesh so well together.

I'm just really bummed that I had all the anticipation in the world to go to this and I had the funds available but we all know the story of what happened. I was actually having a talk with Term about it and we pretty much feel the same way. After seeing the photo's and reading the stories we feel bad we couldn't of been a part of it. Unfortunately that's life and sometimes things happen that is out of our control.

Next year, there will be no excuses and I won't allow anyone to give me a hard time about going. Term and I are going to try our best to tear the place up. I owe it some of my closest friends on the site such as Term, Skills, Shorty, Deni, Dope, Nutty, Moo, Sass and a whole ton of other people to make the most out of an awesome time. So until next year, and I hope I can keep up with the drinking of everybody else.

The Screech Will Make Its Arrival.

Currently Playing: The Third Birthday - PSP

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #73]

May 3, 2011 - 12:32 AM
Dear Canada:
Fuck you,

and your social program cutting, ignorant, backward thinking, right wing rhetoric excuse of a conservative majority government.

To Sum It Up:

The Quebecers Smartened Up.
Southern Ontario and New Brunswick didn't have the nerve to grow any balls.
Western Canada still refuses to have common sense.
NDP is pretty much a force to be reckoned with especially with having so much young voter support.
The green party has their first elected seat in government.

That is All.

Currently Playing: Rogue Galaxy - PS2

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #72]

Apr 29, 2011 - 09:16 PM
My Top Ten Episodes Of The Real Ghostbusters
So guys as many of you know, I am avid collector of the cartoons from childhood. I'm taking the time to collect as many licensed box sets of a lot these series. I guess one good thing about all this downtime is I can manage to finish quite a few of these box sets of cartoons I absolutely adored when I was a kid.

A couple of years ago my wife bought me the full collection of the real ghostbusters. It was a birthday gift I wanted for a really long time and a couple weeks ago I managed to finish off the last episode of the series. Trust me this was a long series to go through.

After watching the full cartoon series, I wanted to provide what my favorite top ten episodes of The Real Ghostbusters are:

Hopefully some of the favorites you guys watched as kids will be there as well:

10.)

Spoiler:

Slimer Streak

Stuck on a train, the Ghostbusters have to play games to bring it to a halt.

Why I Like This Episode: This is a good fun episode. The ghostbusters get stuck on a train and they have to play games in order to save their lives. The villian in this episode is really demented and some of the games they have to play are really hilarious. Like play tag with a monster, and score a million points on a giant pinball machine. Its one of most fun episodes of ghostbusters, and its too bad we didn't get to see the villian of this episode another time, but oh well.

9.)

Spoiler:

Janine, You've Changed

Looking through a photo album causes the Ghostbusters and Slimer to realize Janine has gone through numerous changes over the years. Some investigating shows that a supernatural force disguised as a fairy godmother is the cause of it.

Why I Like This Episode: This actually one of the few character driven episodes of Ghostbusters. We all know Janine has a thing for Egon throughout the entire series, but this looks at it more closely. It is actually a really deep episode with Janine never feeling that she is good enough for the Ghostbusters espiecially egon and the fact she had to resot to changing her appearance. It has a really good ending to this episode.

8.)

Spoiler:

It's a Jungle Out There

A ghost gives animals the ability to talk and interact and uses them to help take over the world.

Why I Like This Episode: Even though the concept of this episode is pretty much out there watching an animal spirit give animals the ability to walk on their hind legs and talk like humans. It even gets really hilarious when you watch animals drive cars and some of the funny dialogue that goes along with it. This episode has a really excellent chase scene where the ghostbusters are wearing high powered roller skates and chasing this animal demon all across the buildings of new york city. Its a really excellent chase espcially when they're moving at a really fast pace even going so far to actually running up and down building walls.

7.)

Spoiler:

Who Are You Calling Two Dimensional

Strange noises emanating from the room that legendary animator, Walt Fleishman, use to animate his characters until his disappearance in the 1940's prompts an old lady working at the studio to contact the Ghostbusters. So, The Ghostbusters enter a cartoon world where they meet the one and only Dopey Dog.

Why I Like This Episode:This is another comical episode in which you can see all kind of mock walt disney references everywhere. A mock version of Walt Disney gets sucked into a dimension where his cartoon creations are alive and at the end it turns out to be a battle between all the good characters of walts cartoon against all the bad characters of walts cartoons. A really hilarious episode and one to check out for sure.

6.)

Spoiler:

Ghost Busted

Dry season of Ghostbusting - what'cha gonna do about it? Turn into the Crimebusters, of course! Our guys adjust their proton guns and go on a hunt for criminals. But when Janine is held hostage by Crimelord, they realize it is too dangerous and they rather wanna be Ghostbusters - phew!

Why I Like This Episode:This was also another one of those really comical episodes. I just thought it was really funny to see the ghostbusters turn their proton packs into containment devices against criminals. They went so far to even take down one of the crime lords of new york city. This is a really good and well paced episode.

5.)

Spoiler:

The Grundel

A boy named Lee goes to the Ghostbusters for help when his brother, Alec, begins acting strangely and doing bad things. When the guys decide to investigate, Egon learns a Grundel is making Alec do bad things and if something is not done soon, he will become one.

Why I Like This Episode: This was actually a really depressing episode to watch a boy get told to do bad things by a ghist and while he was doing bad things his brother would not leave his side, even as he slowly started to turn into one. I felt this was one of the few ghostbuster episodes that actually had a lot despite it being a saturday morning cartoon.

4.)

Spoiler:

Mr Sandman, Dream Me A Dream

All over New York, people are falling asleep and their dreams are becoming reality. A rogue Sandman has plans to put everyone to sleep so he can rule the world while everyone slumbers. Egon realizes how to beat him, but falls sleep before he can say it. Ray, Peter, and Egon start to fall under his sleep spell one by one until only Winston is left. Knowing that Winston can't stop the Sandman alone, he tries to figure out what Egon had realized, but couldn't say. Winston returns to the fire house where he tells Janine his plan. Janine falls under the Sandman’s spell and falls asleep as Winston is cornered by the Sandman. In Janine's dream, she transforms herself into a Ghostbuster as she hits the Sandman from behind and traps him.

Why I Like This Episode: This was another one of the episodes I really liked as a kid, because I literally thought this was an episode I did not have any idea how the Ghostbusters were going to defeat the sandman. Each of them got hunted down except for Winston who was really dumfounded because he didn't think he would be bright enough to defeat the sandman since he was so quiock and so fast. I just liked the idea of each ghostbuster being taken out of action, and even though I knew the ghostbusters were going to win at the end of episode. The episode made me really believe that the ghostbusters were going to lose against the sandman.

3.)

Spoiler:

Short Stuff

The vile Ghostmaster sends his three best bounty hunters to capture the Ghostbusters alive. The first two get busted, but the third shrinks the guys down. While they try to avoid capture, Janine and Slimer try to find a spell to return them to normal size.

Why I Like This Episode: This episode is one of my favorites because it was just an episode that had non-stop battles and excitement. The Ghostmaster sends three fo the best ghost bounty hunters to get rid of the ghostbusters and go against three of these bounty hunters was no easy task because each of them had a deadly array of abilities. I even remember the last ghost bounty hunter turning himself into a human had a really good intimidating voice and actually shrunk the ghostbusters. This episode had some of the best battles throughout the entire cartoon series.

2.)

Spoiler:

The Devil To Pay

Winston and Ray go on a game show and a free vacation is the prize. However, the Devil is the host and they're playing for their souls.

Why I Like This Episode:

I think this is one of the best comedic episodes I've watched of the entire series. Two of the Ghostbusters are forced to play a gameshow against one of the devil's minions. Some of the stages of the gameshow are actually pretty hilarious. I think one of the most hilarious parts of the episode is when they beat the devil's minion gameshow, peter starts throwing a tantrum and threatens to beat up the devil's lackey if he doesn't get a trip to Tahiti because that was the initial prize.

1.)

Spoiler:

The Boogieman Cometh

Meghan and Kenny Carter are being scared by the Boogieman and go to the Ghostbusters for help. Unfortunately, the children's parents aren't happy when the Ghostbusters barge into their homes in the middle of the night and ask them to leave. They'll have to find another way to face the Boogieman which leads them to a showdown in his realm.

Why I Like This Episode:

You know the last thing you would expect a saturday morning cartoon to do to you is scare you. When I watched this episode for the first time when I was 6 or 7 years old. I was really scared not by how the boogieman looked, but how he sounded. When he said his first phrase:

I REMEMBER YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube Video

I just remember as a kid really being scared of how the boogieman talked. This was also a great episode that had incredibly good pacing. The battle inside the boogieman's domain was one of the best I seen, and the fact that they had to destroy all four of his proton packs to lock him in his own dimension was incredibly insane.

Another reason why I loved this episode, is that at the very beginning it was kids that actually visited the ghostbusters and wanted to hire them by giving them everything in their piggybank. They accepted the job for free, and it was cool to se one ghostbuster actually had a grudge against the boogieman. Unfortunately the boogieman's second appearance it the series was not very memorable, but this has and will always remain my favorite ghostbusters cartoon episode.

So guys, that's it for my favorite ghostbuster episodes, if you did like the series, I hope I covered some of your favorites. I think I'll do this for every 80's and 90's cartoon series that I watch.

Take care guys.

Currently Playing: Birth By Sleep - PSP

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #71]

Mar 28, 2011 - 10:54 AM
Crossroads
As the title says with April coming up I've hit a crossroads in my life right now.

With April coming up, jobs are going to be a lot more available, but I've spent the entire winter really focusing on what I truly want out of life because to be honest over the last 5 months I've had too much free time.

Within the next two to three weeks I'll know for sure if its worth for me to try to find work back home or if its probably best for me to work out west for another couple of years. The worse thing about being unemployed especially with having this sleeping disorder is that its put me into a little bit of a debt. Its pretty much drained about 60% of our savings that I spent so long building up a comfortable nest egg. I guess looking back on it, it was great I took the initiative to build up a nest egg for myself.

I guess the biggest challenge that exists for me is pretty much starting at square one. I spent 4 years building up a good positive reputation with one company only to get burned by it in the end. The biggest thing in my life that I realized is that I've been going about the career the wrong way ever since I went to university. I was never really focused on doing something that I love, to me when I got my environmental studies degree back in 2003 I had an interest in the environment but I realize it was something that I was not passionate about. The main reason why I did an environmental degree is because I felt it was the degree that gave me the best prospects for finding work as soon as I graduated. I went to university only focused on finding a job as soon as possible without even considering or thinking for a moment what I am truly passionate about with regards to building a career. When I was working out in Alberta I wasn't really enjoying my job but I was content because I managed to buy a home, get some of the major bills paid off, buy some furniture, and just last year I managed to get my student loan completely paid off. I think to get a 24,000 student loan paid off in 6 years was quite a big accomplishment for me.

I truly thought I would not have to force myself to go away again to make sure that everything was looked after with regards to being back home. There are reasons on both sides of why I should back to Alberta and work or why I should stay home and try to work out something here. One thing that I do plan on doing is that I'll be going back to school to do something that I am passionate about. The only problem is that I do not plan on getting another student loan to help with schooling this time around. So basically the plan is I'm going to work for another 3 to 5 years until I have another nest egg built up, and the rest of debts paid off.

What I plan to be doing in school, is something my fellow co-workers recommend to me. They told me that while I may be a good devoted work when it came to field environment work, but I was always devoted towards safety, finding safer ways of doing the job, doing everybody's FLRA's (Field Level Risk Assessments), things along those lines. When I go back to school I'll be doing a diploma for Occupational Health and Safety. I know with a lot of construction projects hitting in this province within the next couple of years, they'll be needing a lot of people like that.

I guess whats really aggravating most of all, is I've been putting out a lot of resumes in the last few weeks to both Alberta and Newfoundland and I have not heard a single thing. I still got my EI to cover me until the end of October, but the problem is I can't take any kind of minimum wage job either. In order to make all my bill payments in terms of the power, mortgage, car payment, I need at the absolute minimum $14.00 an hour. Which can be really tough to get in this province, with regards to Alberta its easy to get at a minimum $20.00 an hour. One plus that comes with going back to Alberta, is currently we have two vehicles. If i do move away we'll really only need one vehicle and my in-laws have offered to buy our older vehicle which is currently 6 years old for about 2000 to 2500, thankfully that amount will be enough to get me out of debt, so the only immediate debt I'll have to worry about is to pay money back to my parents.

To be honest I'm not really thrilled about the possibility of moving back out west. Anyone knows how hard working out there was on my system especially with working the long shifts, not getting very many days off and things along those lines. What is making me worry is that I've sent about a dozen resumes off to Alberta but I have not heard anything back from any of the company's I've applied for. I don't even have to go back to Alberta, I'd be content taking work in Saskatchewan, Manitoba anywhere where I can get some additional experience since being terminated I have to start over again.

If your looking for an update regarding the human rights case. The company did provide an unapologetic response of why they got rid of me and they were justified in doing so even though they said there may be medical records of my sleeping disorder even though they said it was in storage and weren't interested in looking for it. I had a chance to write a counter-response to their response letter and right now there is nothing more either side can do. Each side has told their story, and now its up to the commission to make their decision. Unfortunately the commission only meets once every two to three months so it could be anywhere from 6 months to a year before i finally hear the outcome of this case.

For the moment, its just a waiting game right now. I'm sending 6 resumes a week, hopefully one of them will drum up enough interest to get a response, but irregardless even if I don't get a response out west by the end of April I'll be gone back out anyway. If I can't find any environmental work or geo-technical work, I don't mind doing janitorial work because I can make good money doing that kind of work much better that the majority of the jobs I would work at back home. Until then its just the never-ending waiting game.

I'm still bummed out about not making it to the meet, but skills is always optimistic that all the wrongs in my life will work out and the potential of me making it to the meet still exists. I swear to god, if some miracle happens and I can make it to the meet, skills I owe you a favor.

That is pretty much whats been happenign with my life lately, so anyway guys take care.

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - PSP

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #70]

Mar 21, 2011 - 11:51 PM
Fuck Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn, I realized I haven't written a journal in such a long time.

I'm sure a lot of you know I'm a big cartoon collector because I loved watching my cartoons especially in the 80's and early 90's and one of the things that I do collect are licensed box sets of some of my favorite cartoons from the 80's and 90's.

Despite seeing some of the bigger cartoons (Transformers, G.I. Joe, ThunderCats, and He-Man) being released in collector's box sets I always wished that they would release some of the 80's and 90's cartoons I absolutely adored such as Centurions, Dino-Riders, and a few others.

I just got pretty much the best dvd set news I've heard in a long time, my favorite 80's cartoon of all time is finally getting a licensed released:

YouTube Video

M.A.S.K. Finally Getting Released in North America

Quote:
Masked crusaders, working overtime, fighting crime.
Fighting crime!
Secret raiders, who will neutralize, soon as they arrive
At the sight!

Trakker's gonna' lead the mission
And Spectrum's got such super vision.

m-m-m-M.A.S.K.!
It's the mighty power that can save the day.
m-m-m-M.A.S.K.!
No one knows what lies behind the masked charades.
m-m-m-M.A.S.K.!
Always riding hot on V.E.N.O.M.'s trail.

Come see the laser rays.
Fire away!

Waaaay back in 2004, we passed along news that a DVD of the awesome mid-'80s cartoon classic M.A.S.K. was being sold through Amazon.com. Unfortunately, "illusion is the ultimate weapon", and in this case the illusion was legitimacy: in the end that title turned out to be something which was not authorized by the legal rights-holders, and so it was soon removed from a for-sale status. In the seven years since then, however, fans of this show have never forgotten how much they want DVDs with Matt Trakker and his M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) team, fighting against the treasonous forces of Miles Mayhem and V.E.N.O.M. (Vicious Evil Network Of Mayhem).

We've heard you, and so have the studios that want to release this for you adoring fans. The show has hit DVD overseas, but not so far in the North American market. However, one studio is making it happen, and over here we've kinda been keeping it under our hats for a bit now while they firmed things up and got ready to make this great news public. However, the fan site Matt-Trakker.com have gone and spilled the beans (see screen capture below), so yes we'll confirm it here, too: Shout! Factory has indeed licensed the Region 1 DVD rights to all 75 installments of M.A.S.K.!!

Over at the Matt-Trakker.com message board post, the only info that the moderator there ("scar1321", a.k.a. Brent) has posted is that he became aware of the release via the person designing the package art, and that there's no release date yet. We checked in with our friends at Shout! to see if we could fill in any blanks on this these releases yet, and we were told that it's still too early for that. As far as we can tell, important details such as contents/extras, pricing and release scheduling are not yet finalized for M.A.S.K.. So beyond verifying that Shout! is working on the DVDs, all we can do is ask our readers to stay tuned. We'll fill you in as further developments occur! Our thanks to one of our readers, "Nick", for tipping us off about the fan site's message board post.
ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently Playing: Birth By Sleep - PSP

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #69]

Dec 28, 2010 - 02:27 AM
It's starting to look a lot like spring time.
I don't think I've ever seen a wetter December in my entire life. It seems like the weather all over the world is just fucked over for this holiday season. We haven't had any snow yet, which really pisses me off because I obviously want to see snow for the Christmas holidays.

With regards to Christmas, it was a fairly quiet and relaxing holiday. We spent Christmas with my wife's grandparents. It was a very quiet and surreal Christmas, probably something that I needed especially with how hectic the last two months were.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of drama that came with this holiday season. Initially her entire family us included were planning on going to Disney World in Orlando Florida, over the Easter holiday. Kind of a once in a lifetime trip, but out of the blue the trip had gotten changed to over the Christmas holidays by my mother in law. My mother in law had decided it was best to do it during that time because everybody would of been off because of holidays and such.

We were planning on going with everybody, but unfortunately I got fired from my job and therefore the funds were not available to do the trip even though my mother in law had volunteered to put $1000.00 down on the trip, but in the end we felt it was best for us not to go, because we needed any money that we had saved to put toward paying bills.

Regardless of me losing my job, they still decided to go ahead and do the trip to begin with because my brother in law has three young kids and to be honest a trip to Disney World would be an awesome Christmas gift. I guess its just the feeling that we would be going as well if this job termination never happened to begin with.

In the meantime, I've been playing damage control between my wife's family and her over this Christmas Disney trip. That is just my mentality to be the mediator and try not to let things boil over.

With regards to Christmas, I was a small Christmas. I didn't get a lot, but what I did get I was very appreciative.

Christmas Loot:

- Couple of Pairs of Jeans
- A few T-Shirts
- A 30 pack of beer
- Weekend at Bernies DVD
- Big Trouble in Little China DVD
- $20 EB Gift Card
- $30 Wal-mart Card
- Chocolates
- Fireplace for the basement
- Razors, shaving cream, shampoo, body wash

One of my friends is treating me out to a gaming day, we're just going to take a few snes classic games and try to complete them and he is treating me to supper afterwards.

One of my gaming friends really went out of his way to get me a really good gift this Christmas. I was very amazed that he got me:

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen.

I did save some money to buy some games for myself, but it probably will be a while before I buy any more games. I did get however:

EVO: The Search For Eden
Super Bomberman
Super Bomberman 2
Virtual Bart

Overall its been a good Christmas holiday. I suffered a pretty good Turkey Coma, and I definitely had my share of good food over the Christmas holidays.

I won't be doing anything for new years. I simply can't afford it.

In the meantime, I've been catching up on finishing up my Real Ghostbusters complete cartoon collection. I just finished the sleep-away camp trilogy.

Once we get into the new year, then I'm back into the job hunt. If I can't find work in my home province my March then its back to Alberta for me, which I'm trying to avoid because it could royally fuck up my plans for the meet this year.

That pretty much covers me over this holiday season guys.

Take care and have a Merry Christmas.

P.S.

By the way when I watched this family feud clip, why does this answer come across something Shorty would say.

YouTube Video

Currently Playing: Still Rogue Galaxy (240 hrs in)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #68]

Nov 27, 2010 - 08:57 PM
Every Anime Opening Ever Made
I found this incredibly hilarious.

Every anime opening ever made compressed in 4 minutes.

YouTube Video

Needs More Running
Needs More Head Turns
Needs More Holding Hands
Needs More Birds
Needs More Flying

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [16] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #67]

Nov 15, 2010 - 10:12 PM
Family Feud
So guys, one of my favorite game shows to watch all the time was the family feud. I loved watching it when Richard Dawson use to host it, because you know nobody can come close.

However, I'm getting into watching family feud again because it has another new host. The person hosting family feud is Steve Harvey and this guy literally makes family feud worth watching again. I know family feud has had a lot of hosts over the last 5 to 6 years with Louie Anderson and Richard Karn but Steve Harvey makes it so fun to watch because of the way he gets on with the contestants and the outbursts he makes when people give really dumb answers. If you got any free time, go to youtube to watch a few of them.

I'll provide some of my favorites:

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #66]

Nov 11, 2010 - 08:34 PM
Getting Through It.
So I'm pretty much into my third week from being terminated without just cause. I guess the biggest thing I'm dealing with right now is getting myself motivated to work again.

I think one of the things this job did to me is that it spoiled me into thinking I was going to have this job for a while. I guess I thought wrong. With regards to what is happening with the situation right now is that I have a lawyer looking into the situation and I brought up my wrongful dismissal to the Human Rights Commission. To be honest I have no idea when I'll hear anything from my lawyer or my previous employer, but I have to give it time, and try not to think about it too much.

In the meantime I'll be applying for EI but for the time being money is tight. It is bad time of year for this to happen with Christmas rapidly approaching. The main priority is to keep making the mortgage payments which we're not approaching any dangerous territory yet.

Resumes have already been sent out to some of my contacts out in Alberta as well as other companies that do the kind of work I've been doing over the last 4 years back in NL, but still no word from any of them yet.

Its getting a little discouraging getting up every morning and not having anywhere to go, its as if I feel like I'm not contributing much to the household.

I've been trying to keep busy, doing chores around the house, going out for walks, and things along those lines. Still checking the classifieds every other day, but as much as I want to get back at the workforce, I don't want to go after anything minimum wage since EI will pay more. I just want to get rid of this feeling of being useless since I contributed so much to the life we have now.

At least, I've been getting in some gaming, and I got a few youtube videos up as well. I managed to get 100 subscribers for my youtube channel so I'm pretty happy about that.

I want to get back into the workforce, but I have to understand that it is all in due time. I just hope the next job that I work at I'm much happier. That is one of the things that I keep battling with is that I don't truly know what kind of job will make me happy, because I've always been focused on working at a job that will always pay the bills.

Who truly knows what the future may hold, I may go back to school, or completely change my career around, but I have to take hold of the responsibilities I have placed upon myself and still be reliable and a provider as well.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #65]

Oct 25, 2010 - 04:18 PM
I have been terminated.
Response to: Troubling Times by Angel of Light

If you want to understand the history that eventually led up to this. You can read my last journal.

I've opened up and read the letters that they have provided me. My dad has had a chat with my employer. The letters did not give a clear cut reason of why I was fired. The letters pretty much told me that I eligible for severance and I will be paid out for the remaining two weeks of my work. My vacation time will be paid out. Just things regarding references, applying for EI, and things along those lines in regards to my benefits and my RRSP's.

To sum it up, I have been fired without just cause according to what my employer had told my father. Before anything is signed since my dad does work with federal politics we're looking into this issue very carefully, to see if its better to accept what they are offering or look into legal action.

I need to take the next couple of days to calm down and just have my day in which I'm going to be upset. I don't believe that I am in any financial danger. I have established enough positive contacts with other workplaces that they are fully aware that I am a capable and reliable worker. Once we decide how to proceed with this it shouldn't take me long to find another job.

According to what they told me they said I wouldn't be hired with the company ever again, and that it didn't matter which office I worked for whether it was in this province or out in Alberta but I'll know for sure in the coming days.

Thanks to everybody who has read this, and have been my friend throughout this entire. It is a terrible feeling to be fired from a job for the very first time especially over something I have little to no control over.

I'm still coming to the meet, because I will drink and have a great time while yelling at my former employer of how much of a cunt they are.

Thanks for listening guys, I'll overcome this. It's just not a good way to start off your week.

Hey, at least I can call radio show this week.

Take Care Guys.

Currently Playing: anything

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (16 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #64]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal