Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Scent of a Grundle's Journal

and there was much rejoicing

Scent of a Grundle's Journal Statistics
View Scent of a Grundle's profile
Entries 51 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 25468
Replies Scent of a Grundle has made 150 comments [view last 20]
Comments 157 comments (3.08 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 59 props given to Scent of a Grundle [who be proppin]
Buddies 5 buddies
Relation You are not Scent of a Grundle's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal Entry [Viewing All Entries]
Aug 13, 2015 - 03:09 AM
Menno Plays La-Mulana
Started playing La-Mulana today, made something resembling progress. I'm also streaming it on hitbox, which seemed like the thing to do since half of the rest of you have done the same already. Here's the videos if you want to see me flail about hopelessly:

Part 1: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/630532

Part 2: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/630548

Part 3: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/630535

Part 2 seems to be hopelessly lost to the aether until hitbox figures out what its problem is. It's just spinning endlessly telling me it's "processing", so if that ever finishes i'll add it here as well.

Hooray, it works now!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #51]

Mar 31, 2015 - 04:59 PM
Scratch one beard.
my students raised $6000 for their fundraising campaign. So the beard is no more.

http://imgur.com/a/IkmpE

Feels weird. I can feel drafts in like every single room now.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #50]

Oct 30, 2014 - 10:22 PM
Fundraiser Swag
Went to a charity fundraiser where myself and a bunch of fellow gamers of all stripes raised about $6000 for childrens hospitals in the area.

My goodies from the day:

Dice and Muramasa were won in raffles, and got Hero Quest in a silent auction for $45. Cards are from a draft i did, my cards and the ones from another guy who had no use for commons and uncommons. All around good day, except that by the end of the 24 hours everyone else was pretty much dead on their feet.

Currently Playing: FF XIV: all day erry day

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #49]

Mar 28, 2014 - 03:12 PM
So my friends found this
And it's pretty much perfect. I hadn't heard the FFX HD Remaster battle theme yet (they altered it for more orchestra), and it's good, but played like this...

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/533...vs-final-f.php

It's pretty much perfect.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #48]

May 12, 2013 - 11:20 PM
One last tweet from space.
Commander Chris Hadfield, possibly the most accessible and coolest astronauts ever, is coming home tomorrow. Before he leaves, we get one last video from space.

YouTube Video

Godspeed, commander. Thank you for making space cool again.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #47]

Apr 24, 2013 - 11:21 AM
Finished.
That's it. I'm done. Wrote my very last final exam ever this morning. This weekend I graduate from University, and then go out and see what i can do in the rest of the world.

I'm kind of excited, but at the same time kind of sad to see this part of my life go. I've made a lot of good friends here, friends who i will most likely keep for the rest of my life, if i'm any kind of lucky. I came to GFF in my first year of university, so you guys have kind of been with me throughout this whole journey. It's been a long road, but I've come a long way. Hopefully this summer goes well, and i get the job i've applied for for the fall.

Thanks for the good times, guys. Looking forward to more in the years to come.

Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [9] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #46]

Apr 8, 2013 - 03:17 AM
I think i know why i hate QTEs.

I made a meme-thingy! I did it all by myself. Never done that before.

Now i'm going to sleep because PAPERS

EDIT: can't believe i forgot the gamecube X

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #45]

Jan 17, 2013 - 03:38 PM
Good thing i didn't ask for GFF's advice after all
Some context. My university choir had planned a choir tour to Europe (which is something new for us, we usually stay within Canada or the northern US). I was totally psyched. Not only was i going to get to sing in some amazing cathedrals and the like, but i was going to get to go and explore parts of Europe, which i've never done before and was really excited to do. We were going to Vienna, Salzbourg (that spelling is horrible, but i'm too lazy to go find out the right one), Prague, and Berlin (and maybe somewhere else? i feel like i'm forgetting something)

I had planned to ask GFF's European contingent to suggest awesome places for me to check out when i had free time. But today we learned that the tour was cancelled, because of price hikes due to not having as much interest as the choir conductors had expected (people saying they were interested and bailing and the like).

Tour is like my favourite part of choir. Today is a sad day.

Currently Playing: the world's tiniest violin

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #44]

Oct 4, 2012 - 11:24 PM
So apparently... I downloaded a good sized chunk of the internet.

I've allegedy got 17.5 billion GB worth of Warband on my computer somewhere. That better be one heck of an update.

EDIT: i have been informed that this amount of data is actually probably closer to 3 times the size of the internet. so yeah.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [16] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #43]

Aug 9, 2012 - 02:29 PM
Life update! Also, Shameless plug time!
My friend has decided to start streaming full time, and he started today! If anyone feels like watching someone play minecraft (also some other stuff, but he'll mostly be doing minecraft), check out the stream at ardentforge.net.

I'm also streaming occasionally on the same site, on the Ardent Forge Variety channel. My project of late has been Golden Sun - got through the first one, and am working my way through The Lost Age. I'm known as MennoKnight around the site, so say hi if you see me.

Meanwhile, away from internetland, i'm going back to school for one more year in fall to finish off my degree, and am looking forward to seeing my friends from there again. Hopefully running two D&D games this year, one that i'm co-DMing with Helloween, and one with the playtest kit from the next edition of D&D.

So yeah. How is GFF holding up?

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #42]

Sep 26, 2011 - 08:45 PM
various little things
Firstly, being back at school is both exciting and lame. I have more homework than i was expecting for a light class load, but getting back into the groove of living on campus has been really exciting. Exciting enough that i still haven't finished my post-practicum paper that i was supposed to do as soon as it was finished over a month ago...

I've also managed to get a group together for D&D. We've only played once, but it seemed to go well. Being a DM is taking some getting used to, especially since i have less time to come up with responses to their crazy schemes than i did during the short-lived game i ran in the Basement.

I guess my birthday's coming, so there's that. One of my friends made me an awesome cactaur plushie. i am currently trying to find a way to make it stay on my head, but until then he's just chilling out next to my TV on top of the PS2.

Currently Playing: about a half dozen different games

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #41]

Aug 3, 2011 - 05:11 PM
pictures of summer
I've been pretty busy this summer, and so has the camera on my 3DS.

Spoiler:

Went and volunteered at camp for a week this summer, went for a walk and took these:

Shots from the Edmonton Indy

Snowbirds doing a fly-by at a football game

And of course a few more of these got done

Any advice on what to do next for these? turns out a 29x29 grid is more restrictive than i thought.

Other than that, my summer internship is going well, and i go home in two weeks to rest and recover my sanity before going back to school in Winnipeg. Also watch my best friend get married. So there's that.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #40]

Jul 4, 2011 - 06:49 PM
Obligatory "i never post anything in my journal" entry
Survived the end of the school year, and am now in Edmonton doing my practicum / internship for my degree. I've mostly been hanging out with the family i have out here, though there have been a couple of trips to the game store just a few blocks away. I've been doing my internship half time, and working in a daycare the other half. For the first half of the summer i was working with a kindergarten kid with some pretty major ADHD, but now i'm just helping out with supervising the kids in general.

Got a 3DS, have been slowly playing through Ocarina of Time. I don't want it to be over too quickly. Almost done, though - just walked in the front door of the Shadow Temple.

Oh, and if there was ever any doubt that i'm a total dork, it has now been dispelled:

I wanted to start with Tails, but his sprite is a lot bigger than i remember. Maybe if i keep at this for a while, i'll go for it.

ADDENDUM: slipped down a set of stairs carrying my laptop today. Hard drive's busted. So if i'm not around for a while, there's your reason.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #39]

Jun 24, 2011 - 02:23 AM
TF2 is free.
Forever. They apparently decided that they make enough money off of the hats that they can afford to do such things.

If you do not have this game, but like to shoot things, go get it. Do it now.

http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/

Currently Playing: Spiral Knights, way too much

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #38]

May 15, 2011 - 11:23 PM
picture!
i had written a short post about how nothing exciting is happening, but since i screwed up and lost it, we'll just cut straight to the fun part.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #37]

Feb 28, 2011 - 03:08 PM
People suck
This should be an entry about how great my trip to Florida was. Instead it's an entry about how someone smashed the rear window of my van while I was gone. The window's still there, mostly, but this is one headache i did not have time for. Right at the start of paper-writing season, too.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyggggggghhhkkkkgh.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #36]

Feb 1, 2011 - 06:45 PM
Life since Christmas
It's been mostly homework, although my buddy from Saskatoon came out last weekend and we had a blast. Played video games, ate horribly delicious greasy burgers, played more video games, went to a bar (i only went once, but the rest of the gang went without me once as well), and just generally hung out. Finally got to use my new HDTV for something HD, watched T2 on blu-ray with a friend's PS3 (and another friend's HDMI cable). I now await with baited breath the day i decide i have enough money kicking around to buy a PS3 for myself. instead i've just been using it as a second monitor and watching Leverage on it.

Other than that, Wednesdays suck now (tomorrow worse than most), and i've done about as much writing in one month of classes as i usually do in an entire semester. I've been trying to resist playing the ~45 new games i got for Christmas via Steam, with some success. If i could access servers from campus, i'd be playing way too much Borderlands/TF2/Left4Dead/Minecraft (which has gotten boring solo, i wanna play MP so bad), so it's probably a good thing.

Currently Playing: Melody Town - Kirby's Epic Yarn soundtrack

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #35]

Oct 30, 2010 - 06:44 PM
Comic Con costume
It wasn't really what i wanted it to be, but it worked. only a few people actually recognised me, though

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Oct 25, 2010 - 04:30 PM
A series of unexciting events
Feels like its been a while since i did a proper journal entry. Not much happening, though exciting things are quickly approaching. A friend is going to pick up his copy of RockBand 3 tomorrow morning, so i'll probably do some of that. Beat Kirby's Epic Yarn last night, the last boss was sweet.

Also going to the Central Canada Comic Con here in Winnipeg on Saturday. I went last year, but didn't dress up. This year, however, shall be a different story:

I'll throw up some pics if i don't think i look like a total goof.

Also, first battle-related post in my DnD game went up largely without a hitch, which i wasn't expecting. Hooray!

Currently Playing: Barrett's Privateers - The Irish Descendants

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Oct 12, 2010 - 09:47 PM
GFF D&D
If you have ever felt like joining in the shenanigans, now is a good time. A thread gauging interest has gone up here.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Sep 30, 2010 - 12:37 PM
I really shouldn't feel as old as i do.
Turned 20 yesterday. Had a good day, thankfully no one sang the birthday song to me - it usually happens in the cafeteria, and everyone sings in different keys, which hurts my soul. Survived a test, sat through another class in the afternoon, then went through the park to the nerd game store to pick up something from my parents which they couldn't get me themselves, being in the next province over.

Went to a place called The Nook and had a delicious, greasy, heart attack inducing burger for supper with some friends. Sat around for much of the rest of the evening, just generally chilling out and not wanting to move. I'm glad no one decided to throw a surprise party or anything, i can only put up with so much attention at a time.

Other than that, played MarioKart 64, then Wings of War before coming back to my room, read some of The Saga of Grettir the Strong, and went to bed. It was a good day. :contented:

Currently Playing: Let it Ride - The Guess Who

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Aug 31, 2010 - 09:01 PM
Home
It's been a good week. Got back last Monday after getting out of the hospital and moving all my stuff back into my res room, and have been feebly attempting to avoid moving at all costs, with the exception of our trip to Alberta for the football game with my cousins, seeing as it is impossible to get tickets to a Saskatchewan Roughrider game in Regina. (The game sucked anyway, i had a migraine and the people behind me were drunk and had a siren, not a good combination)

Since then i've basically just sat around for the last couple of days, resting and playing new games - One of which is a free game on steam called TrackMania Nations. (If anyone else has it and wants to add me, the name there is mennoknight) Also tried a bit of Mount & Blade Warband Multiplayer, but i kept killing my teammates because it's been too long.

But yeah. I'm feeling good, no indication that whatever the heck happened weekend before last will be coming back. It seems that i lost about 15 pounds from not eating without noticing it was happening, but i've put most of it back on. Still going for some tests, but i doubt that they'll turn anything up.

So all is well here, which is a nice change of pace. Hope you're all feeling well as well. Hospitals suck.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Aug 22, 2010 - 02:54 PM
Hawkeye goes to the hospital!
Friday night, i hurt my back at work, tried to pick up something that was heavier than it looked. After getting home, my gut starts hurting, i start sweating like crazy, and eventually my arms and face start tingling like they're falling asleep. I am also having trouble focusing at this point, so i call 911 in the hopes of getting some advice.

After giving the dispatcher the wrong address (i gave the one across the street where my mail goes) and chasing down the ambulance, i am driven to the hospital and wait on the ambulance stretcher in the waiting room for two hours, in a lot of pain and breathing heavily. By the time they take me in, most of the pain has subsided, but i can't sleep anyway. Next thing you know i've got an IV in my arm (i dislike needles as it is, so a permanent one was not something i was happy about), blood tests have been taken, and the doctor comes in saying that my blood sugar is high and i might be diabetic. Joy.

After that, i basically just waited as they did more blood tests, found out that my blood sugar was fine after the incident, and tried to figure out whether or not i was diabetic. Turns out i'm probably not, but they want to do some follow up to check for thyroid problems.

So yeah. How's your weekend going?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Aug 7, 2010 - 09:01 PM
More airplane shenanigans
Bought Ace Combat Zero a few days ago, finally felt like finishing it up today. I was quite impressed, the story was as good as that of AC5, and the optional targets made things a little more interesting. My apologies to the members of GELB, INDIGO, SILBER, and GRUN squadrons, for having had to blow you all to little pieces. You started it.

In other news, my summer job sucks (a lot, i almost quit twice this summer), but i'm done in two weeks and going home to see my family before school starts back up.

Currently Playing: I Hung my Head - Johnny Cash

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Jul 11, 2010 - 12:48 AM
That was a strange experience
having nothing better to do, wandered into GFF Drink On, despite never having had any alcohol (ever) and was... confused. Acer provided scene by scene closed captioning, there was some kind of drinking game involving aviator shades, and then there was adventure time. and then the chat window died, and i couldn't get it to work again. i have a feeling that things might have made more sense if i trusted you people enough to do skype, but... not yet.

Oh, there was also Acer's EPIC drink on intro. but yeah.

you people are strange.

keep it up

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Jun 5, 2010 - 08:28 PM
Ace Combat
I wandered into an EB today since i haven't been keeping up with what video games are coming out lately, and didn't find any new games worth buying. I did, however, come across a copy of Ace Combat 5 for $15. I figured, hey, why not. I've heard enough about it on GFF, it's cheap, and it looks fun.

It is now about three and a half hours since i put the game in. Finally succumbed to hunger and took a break. The game is sweet. The only complaints i have are that i can't get a different camera angle and that i only spend about half of my time in the air.

Turns out Tails was right about something. Go figure.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

May 30, 2010 - 11:33 AM
Wait, what?
So i'm checking on Amazon to see if the $20 game credit is still applicable on the Canadian site. (the answer seems to be no, by the way)

Wait a minute...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Apr 24, 2010 - 02:02 AM
What the...?
So i suddenly felt creative this evening. Mostly on account of my GFF D&D character needing a backstory. for some reason, i felt like writing it out. Fair enough.

I wrote almost three pages of typed stuff. And I haven't even gotten to what i wanted to get to. suddenly i'm not writing backstory, i'm writing a novel. Why? I've never done anything like this before. I don't think it was even that bad. Basic stuff, to be sure, but there's even some form of a plot appearing.

I've never written anything like this before. If it keeps up like this, i might have to consider posting the story here so that people can tell me it's crappy and to stop writing, because i don't know what to do with myself right now.

If the preceding entry was not what you were looking for, i apologize. Here is something to make up for it.

Currently Playing: Pokemon: Soul Silver

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Mar 15, 2010 - 10:48 PM
And thus ends a great era...
Me and the guys are getting too good at Mariokart. It's getting to the point where we're actually getting competitive, and angry when we lose, which is not a good thing.

So i think we're done with the 4 or 5 nights a week routine. We might play every once in a while, but still, i think we're going to have to find another game until we suck again. Anyone have any suggestions of a good 4 player N64 game i should look for?

Currently Playing: feebly attempting to catch up with SAUS

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #23]

Mar 10, 2010 - 12:41 AM
life
On one hand, i've not been having the best of times lately. Depressed enough to not accomplish anything worthwhile, despite having several papers due in the next week or two. It's getting to the point where i don't even feel like playing video games some days. i mean seriously.

On the other hand, my friends convinced me to play some Mariokart 64 with them, and i just pulled of one of the most epic wins i've seen in my experience with the game. This doesn't solve any of the above problems, but it does make me feel a little better.

So yeah. My life hasn't been interesting lately and isn't likely to be in the near future, but i'm not dead. mostly.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #22]

Feb 17, 2010 - 02:07 AM
Ace Attorney Investigations aka. past game reference competition winner
Seriously. How many references to past games in a series can one possibly put into a single game? This is getting a bit ridiculous. And yet... I can't bring myself to be really annoyed at the fact.

So far, i've really enjoyed this game. I can tell already the final case is going to be awesome.

Up to the third case. anyone else burning through this game faster than they should be?

Currently Playing: you have three guesses, the first two don't count

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

Feb 13, 2010 - 12:54 AM
Let the Games Begin
The opening ceremonies were pretty good. Whoever was in charge of setting up those hydraulics is going to get an earful, though.

I liked most of the dances etc, except the one about the praries. sorry, but you can't get across the feeling of nothing for miles with someone just flipping and spinning over a bunch of canola.

Looking forward to the Games, i'm not accomplishing anything during reading break.

On a mostly unrelated note, Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth comes out tuesday. get it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Feb 8, 2010 - 09:05 PM
GFF decides which game i get with the program and finish
I have a large collection of half finished games, either due to loss of interest or having acquired a new game some time in the middle of playing them. Now i want to start actually beating them, so here's the question - which do I play? I turn to the GFF community to suggest an answer to this predicament.

The options are:

-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Chrono Cross
-Suikoden III
-Donkey Kong 64
-Mega Man 64
-Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
-Okami

Currently Playing: The Banks of the Lee - Silly Wizard

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #19]

Dec 28, 2009 - 08:42 PM
Christmas Haul
I didn't get an awful lot for Christmas, but here it is

-GPS (because i'm pretty much always lost)
-RC bird (actually works pretty well, i'm impressed)
-Magic the Gathering cards (because i was being pushed to ask for something and it was all i could think of)
-Rockband: The Beatles (from my brothers - rockband 1 instruments with the beatles game)
-New Super Mario Bros. Wii (looking forward to 4 player play when i get back to uni)

that's about it actually. Oh, i also got $60 for games from my aunt because it's way easier that way. Already spent 20 of that on Mount&Blade, a steam game i'm quite impressed with so far.

A retroactive Merry Christmas to you all and a happy new year. Be careful out there kids, i don't want to hear about people in the hospital after new years parties.

Currently Playing: Mount&Blade

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #18]

Dec 10, 2009 - 12:34 PM
A Long Overdue Introduction
I realized a few days ago whilst browsing the ChocoJournals that since I arrived here, I have never properly introduced myself. So, I figured, since it's been one year today since I joined the GFF community, that I should give a proper introduction.

Most of you have probably already figured out that i'm Canadian. I'm a longtime Roughriders fan/skeptic (fan by birth, skeptic because it's never really surprising when they screw up horribly), grew up in a small town, never really had friends. More or less the social martyr of my class.

Backstory aside, I love video games, and have been a Nintendo fan for a long time, partly because I don't have older siblings, partly because i have younger brothers who couldn't have been around when i played anything on an Xbox anyway, and partly because Bomberman 64 and Starfox 64 were awesome enough that i never really needed any other systems. Also because the N64 controllers were generally tough enough to hold together when my youngest brother lost at Mariokart. More recently, i've acquired a PS2, but don't have a lot of games for it yet.

I like strategy games especially, because despite that fact that plenty of people are good at FPSs and the like, not many of them seem to be very good tacticians. I, on the other hand, don't think i've ever lost a game of yoshi's cookie (despite never owning it), very rarely lose at Advance Wars and the like, and generally lack the killer instinct needed to be good at things like shooters and RTSs.

Other than that, I'm a pacifist (i've never touched a gun, probably wouldn't know which end to hold), i don't swear, and i generally like to pretend that i'm a mature student. i think they're buying it so far.

For those of you who haven't seen me on GFF, i'm usually hanging around in the Mom's Basement area, though i have taken part in a few other events, and wander in to other subforums from time to time.

So thanks for a good year, Gamingforce. I hope to find enough reasons to hang around for a long time to come.

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #17]

Nov 27, 2009 - 12:41 PM
Carjacking Fail
source

A mother and her daughters are about to getting into their car to go home after a girl scout meeting of some sort. Suddenly, A man wielding a shotgun tells her to get out of the car and give him the keys. The mother complies, and, handing the keys to the man, asks if he knows how to drive a standard. The thief promptly hands her keys back to her, apologizes, and runs off down a back lane.

I found this to be incredibly amusing for some reason.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #16]

Nov 16, 2009 - 09:58 PM
swords.
I still can't really believe that i managed to convince enough people that making boffing weapons would be fun to make it viable. But here I am am with a bunch of PVC pipe and pipe insulation in my room, ready to go. Sort of excited. I was introduced to this idea over the summer and while i left my sword at summer camp () I've been thinking about it ever since.

If my next entry is about nasty bruise on my arm, you'll know why.

Currently Playing: marimba music again.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #15]

Nov 2, 2009 - 02:35 PM
a box of happiness
There's something about getting a box from home that always fill me with excitement. There's almost always food, and if it's not food, then it's still something awesome. Not to mention the suspense of opening it up.

Today I got another box from home. The suspense was lost because I knew what was inside, but still, it's hard not to get excited about my N64 showing up. As soon as i'm back from class this afternoon, i'm going to PnP to get a couple more controllers and then Starfox 64 is getting a hardcore runthrough.

This was what me and my cousins played every time we were at our grandparents for Christmas. for years. A lot of mariokart, a lot of bomberman 64, some diddy kong racing, goldeneye (until our parents discovered that we were killing each other, at which point we weren't allowed to play it anymore), and so many more.

Just having this thing sitting here brings back memories of pure bliss. I can't wait to hook it up.

Currently Playing: the anticipation game

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #14]

Oct 25, 2009 - 10:35 PM
blunt
I should really stop saying everything i think. It never seems to end well.

also:

Spoiler:

took these on a recent bus trip. felt like sharing them.

Currently Playing: the procrastination game

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #13]

Sep 29, 2009 - 11:37 AM
Happy Birthday to me
woohoo. I'm 19.

Every year this day comes around i feel like i should really start acting my age. But i never do. But today will be different. today i take the path of responsibility and read a book that i don't understand so that I can write a response on it for thursday. You know it's going to be a long haul when you have to keep the internet open simply so you can use the online dictionary every other page.

Hopefully i'll find a little time to play wii sports resort (which my younger brothers got me for my birthday) or Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Cheers to you all for making the past year considerably more interesting than it could have been.

Currently Playing: sweet marimba music

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (14 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #12]

May 29, 2009 - 01:26 AM
back to normal... whatever that is
Finally got my laptop back from the store where it was being fixed. And by "fixed" i mean sitting in a room waiting for a part to come from Toshiba. I was told that it would take 2 or 3 days, and 2 weeks later i finally got it back.

But i digress. I'm back to browsing the forums at last. (just realized i missed another radio show. rats.)

Granted, i might be working in a place without internet all summer, but that won't happen for a while yet.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Yellow

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #11]

May 11, 2009 - 11:22 PM
two scoops
I went to my friend's house this evening. There were four of us there. We had ice cream.

Each of us had 2 scoops of ice cream. Only 2. There was fruit and peanuts and cookies and all manner of good things to put on said ice cream.

I should probably mention that they were fairly large scoops of ice cream.

We emptied a 4 liter pail of the stuff.

I'm going to go lie down now.

As ill as i feel now, it was so worth it

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #10]

May 5, 2009 - 04:20 PM
back home
Finally got home after spending 12 hours at the airport yesterday. Now I need to go about getting a job and working so that I can afford to go back to university. For today, though, I'm just going to do as little as possible. 30 hours of travel does that to you.

On another note, now that I'm not sharing an internet connection with 30 other people, I can access chat for a few months. Anyone got any tips for me before i make a fool of myself? (If you'd rather i do the latter, i understand)

Now that i think about it, i can also play online games, but i haven't got a lot of those. Maybe i should look into getting one.

Currently Playing: F-Zero GX

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9]

Apr 27, 2009 - 12:04 AM
Choir tour
Tomorrow (today, actually) we leave on a choir tour of the northern US (mostly Kansas and South Dakota). I haven't been on a choir tour before, but if past experiences with long bus rides are any indication, it's going to be a blast. It's like Christmas eve - except for the part where i have to wake up in 5 hours.

At least once we get going i don't have to feel guilty about playing Suikoden Tierkries any more. I'm 15 hours into my tour project.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Mar 24, 2009 - 12:58 AM
aaaaggghhh....
Am I the only one here having issues with all of the name changes? Everyone else seems to know what's going on, but I can't tell who's who anymore.

I'm going to apologize in advance to all of the people who I think are someone else in any of my posts until this crazy week is over.

You people really don't like making things easy, do you.

PS. Congratulations.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Mar 6, 2009 - 01:06 PM
...wow.
At first I was surprised by the amount of hate that my post in GFF's latest little flamewar was gathering, but upon reading the post thoroughly for the first time since posting it, I would have to say that I agree with you people.

I'm really debating whether or not to apologize for it. I feel like I should, but then I would just get even more hate mail than I'm already getting. Even so, I suppose that I should take responsibility for what I posted and deal with the consequences.

I wasn't thinking about what people would think of the post, or what I was posting, or even the possibility that wvlfpup might have been being sarcastic. I just got worked up about what the guy on the site was saying and for some reason decided that the community would care to see it. I was wrong.

I hereby apologize to the members of GFF for not thinking things through before I posted.

There, I said it. I'm aware that this journal entry will probably end up as hated as the post, but if I have to go down in a ball of flames, it may as well be a polite and honorable ball of flames.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Feb 19, 2009 - 12:02 AM
Skiing - it's been too long
I went skiing for the first time in years today. It was just as awesome as I remember. There was a little girl, no older than 3, who, despite obeying her mother's instructions to go slowly for the first part of the hill, inevitably at a certain point just pointed her skis forward and went. Fast. And she never wiped out. She made my entire day.

I have a long day's travel ahead of me tomorrow too... and then a day of swimming at West Edmonton Mall... dang, i'm not going to be able to move at all after this week.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Feb 6, 2009 - 06:29 PM
After tonight...
We never have to sing this piece again. Most of it isn't even that bad. Stupid New Music Festival.

The only issue I have with it is that about 15 minutes of the song is pretty much just random notes in E flat Major. Sets of 8 notes, it's usually a safe bet that the first note and the last note are high and low E flats respectively, but other than that it's pretty much just completely random. For 15 minutes. I've never done a more boring section of music, even if the effect is amazing. It's hard to notice the effect when you're falling asleep.

The fourth movement kind of makes up for it, though. Freakin' solo cello and timpani just going at it... and then the part where the conductor just told us to write "Day of Wrath" at the top to sum up the feeling. It's awesome.

Edit: It was sweet. The Chariot of Choir will be in every orchestra everywhere from now on (it's a created instrument, the musician rubs the aluminum strings wearing work gloves. Oh, and it's about 30 feet long)

Currently Playing: Lines in the Sand - Dreamtheater (courtesy of Helloween)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Feb 2, 2009 - 12:38 AM
Things to do other than doing one's homework.
I really should be doing my homework. I really should.

But I can't focus to save my life right now.

*5 minutes later*

Ok. This is just getting stupid. I'll do it tomorrow.

Currently Playing: Civilization IV Opening Menu Theme - because it's just that awesome

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Jan 11, 2009 - 02:48 AM
These guys are my Heroes
YouTube Video

These guys have so much fun on stage

(thnx to Chaotic for explaining things to my naive self)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Dec 16, 2008 - 06:24 PM
Depressed
Disclaimer: Don't read this journal entry if you don't want to know about all of my little problems. I needed a place to vent, so don't feel too obliged to read this if it depresses you - I don't need to go around making other people depressed, too.

Some days I feel like I don't actually have any friends. Other people will perhaps pretend to pay attention, be interested in what I have to say, but I don't really think anyone here at university really actually cares about me. Maybe I need to be more outgoing, but I really doubt that's going to happen anytime within the next decade, so now what? I realize that I am not actually part of any group, just a drifter floating around to whoever is willing to tolerate me at the time. No one asks how I am, only noticing my mood when I happen to post it on Facebook. I think that my family and friends from home are the only people who actually care about me.

I found out that my current roommate is moving down the hall next semester, the reason I was given being that it was my fault for not cleaning up my stuff. I'm not all that surprised, but when I think about it, I really don't think I was messy enough to make another person decide that they can't live in the same room as me anymore. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to what he needed or something?

If you are still reading, thanks. I know that I'm putting far too much weight on trivial things, and that things maybe aren't as bad as they look right now, but this is just how my brain works. I'll probably be fine tomorrow, I always am.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Scent of a Grundle's Journal