Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Omnislash124's Journal

Omnislash124's Journal Statistics
View Omnislash124's profile
Entries 54 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 17564
Replies Omnislash124 has made 76 comments [view stats]
Comments 162 comments (3 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 18 props given to Omnislash124 [who be proppin?]
Buddies 2 buddies
Relation You are not Omnislash124's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Oct 21, 2007 - 06:23 PM
Pick Omni's Next Anime to Watch! (Number 2!)
So I finished Chobits a while ago and Recently just finished The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, and about to start of Fruits Basket now. After Fruits Basket, being the indecisive self that I am, I have another poll.

But before that, my thoughts on what I just watched.

Chobits: This was a damn good series, IMO. I haven't read the Manga, but I like the Anime a lot. The Slice of Life + Comedy blend is another genre that is slowly growing on me. I will say that there's not much plot in the anime, but as proven by Lucky Star, there doesn't have to be. I enjoy watching the daily lives of Hideki and Chii, regardless of how mundane it sounds (and it really isn't mundane at all.) When the plot did finally kick in (around episode 19 or so), it was a nice change of pace though, and I had a lot of incentive to watch when it did.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu: Friggin EPIC. I loved every bit of this series. But some complaints first: 1. It's too short (I know it's only half and that another "season" is coming out, but still.) and it's chronologically incorrect (I know it was intentional, but somebody explain to be the purpose too.) I'm a big fan of the supernatural, especially the kind in modern day, and adding school life to the mix is just icing on the cake. The few main characters that there are are very well developed, and the story, while not in chronological order with respect to episode number, is excellent. Then of course, there's that Haruhi Dance that I've seen at least 50 times in different versions already. Awesome series.

Anyways, next poll. I have come to the realization that I haven't watched any series that are all that bad (at least I haven't seen a series I didn't like yet), so this is a completely random poll, based on every single anime I have in my possession. And since I'm a geek, I devised a program to pick the series for the poll to eliminate any bias I may have.

YouTube Video

If you can't read that, it's:

Someday's Dreamers
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
Azumanga Daioh
Hikaru no Go
Slayers (TV)
El-Hazard (The Wanderers)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Sep 27, 2007 - 10:27 AM
In the midst of all the Halo 3... (NOT ABOUT HALO 3)
I finally picked up a Wii, which is almost a year overdue. And damn, it's fun as hell.

Super Paper Mario should probably offer a good amount of fun for a long time to come. I love the little quirks they have in the game just from switching from one perspective to the other perspective. I'm excited just thinking what else they'd throw in there later on in the game. Though, I'm pretty sure they could have called it something else rather than "Shroom Shake".

I also got Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz because I needed a good multiplayer game (4 players). I can bum some games off of my friend for the time being (which is why I didn't pick up Twilight Princess, Mario Party 8, or Mario Strikers: charged). It offers some quirky taste of fun. I don't know, but it's somewhat refreshing actually. It's not very deep, and it's not very serious. I'm still waiting for Mario Party 9 to come out, which by then should fully take advantage of the Wii.

Looking forward to some Virtual Console Goodness though. I can't access the shop yet because I need to get a Nintendo Wireless USB adapter to plug into my computer for it to act as a wireless access point. It'd also complement nicely with my DS. Hooray for milky white devices!

Nintendo Fanboyism is a GO.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Aug 30, 2007 - 06:22 PM
Pick Omni's Next Anime to Watch!
After finishing the awesomeness of Tsubasa Chronicles (Season 2) (pity there won't be a Season 3. -_-) I need something to watch. I've got a ton of anime and I'm really indecisive. I think I've narrowed my choices down a bit.

A) Genshiken (12 Episodes)
B) Shakugan no Shana (24 Episodes)
C) The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi (14 Episodes)
D) Higurashi no Nako Koro ni (26 Episodes)
E) Chobits (26 Episodes)
F) Fruits Basket (26 Episodes)

Of course, like the rest of my entries, this one will probably also go down with 0 replies. But if anybody would like to choose one, I'd be happy for any input.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Apr 16, 2007 - 12:44 PM
Biggest Event since Columbine
Appalled
This is seriously bullshit. What would drive somebody to randomly go on a killing spree of some sort and open fire on students in classrooms? I'm doing fine and all, but I really can't imagine why anybody would pull a stunt like this.

Here's the e-mail from VT's President:

Quote:
Shooting at Virginia Tech / Statement by President Charles W. Steger

The university was struck today with a tragedy of monumental proportions. There were two shootings on campus. In each case, there were fatalities. The university is shocked and horrified that this would befall our campus. I want to extend my deepest, sincerest and most profound sympathies to the families of these victims which include students There are 22 confirmed deaths.

We currently are in the process of notifying families of victims. The Virginia Tech Police are being assisted by numerous other jurisdictions. Crime scenes are being investigated by the FBI, University Police, and State Police. We continue to work to identify the victims impacted by this tragedy. I cannot begin to covey my own personal sense of loss over this senselessness of such an incomprehensible and heinous act The university will immediately set up counseling centers. So far centers have been identified in Ambler Johnson and the Cook Counseling Center to work with our campus community and families.

Here are some of the facts we know:

At about 7:15 a.m. this morning a 911 call came to the University Police Department concerning an event in West Amber Johnston Hall. There were multiple shooting victims. While in the process of investigating, about two hours later the university received reports of a shooting in Norris Hall. The police immediately responded. Victims have been transported to various hospitals in the immediate area in the region to receive emergency treatment.

We will proceed to contact the families of victims as identities are available.

All classes are cancelled and the university is closed for the remainder for the today. The university will open tomorrow at 8 a.m. but classes will be cancelled on Tuesday. The police are currently staging the release of people from campus buildings.

Families wishing to reunite with the students are suggested to meet at the Inn at Virginia Tech. We are making plans for a convocation tomorrow (Tuesday) at noon at Cassell Coliseum for the university community to come together to begin to deal with the tragedy.
I'm still in shock right now.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Apr 9, 2007 - 05:57 PM
Obligatory "HOLY SHIT, IT'S BACK!" Entry
Well, the title says it all, but yeah:

HOLY SHIT, IT'S BACK!

GFF, How I've missed you so....

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Mar 10, 2007 - 06:38 PM
Haibane Renmei: Just as good as Chrono Crusade, with a Much Better End
So while I got pissed at the ending of Chrono Crusade from the last entry, I supposed that I would settle down and watch a relatively short one since I had nothing else better to do, so I decided on Haibane Renmei, a short and sweet, 13 episode series, which I managed to finish in one day.

I was skeptical at the length of the anime at first because this would be the first 13 episode series that I had watched, but all doubts aside, I watched through it, and I realized something after the first few episodes, that I just couldn't put the anime down, and just continued to watch it to the end. Definitely not as much action, obviously, but still rather thought provoking, and this ending, as opposed to Chrono Crusade, was a great ending.

Haibane Renmei Ending:
Reki is engulfed by her inability to trust in anybody because of fear of betrayal. When she finally recalls her lost memories, she is helplessly bound by her previous ways of refusing to ask for help, and faces a grim fate of not being able to pass on successfully. At the last minute, Rakka comes in to help, but is bound by the younger version of Reki and cannot move in to save her. After coming close with her fate, Reki cries out for help, breaking out of her previous behaviors and simultaneously, destroys the barrier preventing Rakka from helping, and Rakka jumps in and saves the day at the very last minute.

That ending, was perfect. I couldn't ask for a better one.

Now to decide what to watch next...

Fullmetal Alchemist (51 episodes)
Scrapped Princess (24 episodes)
Vision of Escaflowne (26 episodes)
Earth Maiden Arjuna (13 episodes)
Asatte no Houkou (12 episodes)

Suggestions?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Mar 10, 2007 - 12:22 PM
Chrono Crusade: Good Anime, Logical but Horrible Ending
I don't know about any other anime series that anybody else has watched, but I just finished Chrono Crusade. If you've watched the whole thing through, you're probably safe opening the following spoiler.

Chrono Crusade Ending:
The big plan goes into action and they have a showdown with the main antagonist and all that stuff. All is fine when they emerge victorious and all, but when they couldn't be found after the battle, I was saying to myself "Dear god, please don't tell me they died..." Well they didn't, so I blew a sigh or relief, because they showed up after the halfway point of the last episode. And then they zoom in on the watch and you distinctly hear the tick of the watch. At this moment, I was like "Shit."

Those few moments hit me hard, and right down to the heart. I almost cried at that point. To add insult to injury, they were discovered by the rest of the cast shortly after. And then it goes on and on and then, it would have been a decent ending if it were not for

the last scene of the anime::
About 60 years after the end of the series, Minister Remington visits Rome and the Vatican and within the structures, the antagonist that was supposed to be dead, Aion, is seen walking through the crowd of people there. Shit. Not only does the majority of the main cast die off, but the antagonist is still there?! Fuck!

Logically, it makes perfect sense. Facing the truth, no matter how hard you try, there will always be greed and selfishness in the hearts of man. So logically, he shouldn't have just died off. But what the hell? What kind of ending is it if the antagonist ultimately emerges as the victor?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Feb 17, 2007 - 08:21 PM
M3 Lite Perfect.....I WANT....NOW
Seriously, this thing sounds like magic in a GBA cart. Plays Movies, Music, DS/GBA Homebrews/ROMS, GB/GBC/NES/SNES (and possibly Genesis) games.

The only bad thing is that I need to drop about as much as I dropped on the DS Lite itself to get this and all components of it. Looks to be about $120 for the cheapest bundle which includes everything from the adapter itself, a Passcard 3, a 1GB MiniSD Card, and a MiniSD to SD Card Adapter. I spent about $129.99 for the DS Lite alone.

But damn, I really want it....

I need a job....

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Feb 14, 2007 - 10:47 AM
What a way to start your Valentines Day...
So I'm at college if you didn't know already, and we had an ice storm blow over yesterday. But since we get snow so often, Virginia Tech by now knows how to deal with snow with their industrial sized snow plows and salt cubes.

So, I woke up this morning, checked my e-mail. Campus will open today at 10:00AM and classes will start today at 10:10AM. I'm pretty psyched at this point because I get to skip over 8:00AM ECE 1574 Lecture (Problem Solving in C++) and 9:05AM PHYS 2305 Recitation (Fundamentals of Physics I). Now here lies the discrepancy. Classes begin at 10:10AM. My next class was 10:00AM ECE 1574 Lab. Would they really cancel a 2 hour long class because of 10 minutes? I don't know. I sent an e-mail to the TA asking about it at about 9:00AM.

Then, 9:40AM rolls around and I haven't gotten a reply yet. So I was conflicted on whether or not I should walk all the way across campus or not to attend class. I do mean literally all the way across campus:

That blue circle is where my dorm is located. That Red Circle way the fuck over there? That's where my ECE 1574 Lab is held. See the drillfield? That huge piece of empty land? Yeah, it's empty alright. There is NOTHING blocking the wind there. So I started walking, the ground wasn't slick anymore so that's a relief. I just had to walk down there bearing through wind gusts of 20+ MPH at certain areas and other areas, get pelted in the face by bits and pieces of ice falling from the tree branches.

So I finally get all the way over there. It's about 9:58 or so, so I just barely made the class start time. There are like 8 people waiting there, but no TA, so I assume that class is still going on since they didn't know either. We just waited there, conversing about ourselves over the most random shit. By the time 10:10 finally rolled around, somebody actually bothered to check the e-mail, and found an e-mail from the TA saying that class was canceled. What's the timestamp on the e-mail? 9:53:13. Yeah, 7 Minutes before class starts, and it takes me almost 20 minutes to get over there. Obviously, it's going to take about 20 minutes to get back, so there goes 40 minutes of my life wasted.

What a day. Especially on Valentines Day....Somebody must hate me.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Feb 12, 2007 - 08:06 PM
Nintendo for Life
Happy
So I sent my DS Lite in for repair because the "L" button was unresponsive. About a week and a half later, I received a brand new DS Lite.

There's something about it being new that makes you not want to touch it....

But I'm happy now....

Just need to get Final Fantasy VI Advance....

I love Nintendo.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Omnislash124's Journal