Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Admiral Amara's Journal

Journal Banner
Ah, the good old days. Before people asked left and right: "Adama?" When Pangalin was still a member called Pangalin, and I ran into him once and got nominated for an award. When Mucknuggle still had the first post in the Music Exposure Club. My disastrous thread-making incident. When Crash was still smarter than me - wait, that one hasn't changed. When Zephyrin was still a *%&tard, even though I thought he was a girl that one time. When nobody knew who I was at all outside of the MEC. When I couldn't count to my user number without spending days and days on the task. When ChocoJournal was bright and new, and I actually updated. Yep. Good times.

Admiral Amara's Journal Statistics
View Admiral Amara's profile
Entries 168 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (1.19% of total)
Views 70624
Replies Admiral Amara has made 866 comments [view stats]
Comments 965 comments (5.74 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 72 props given to Admiral Amara [who be proppin?]
Buddies 68 buddies
Relation You are not Admiral Amara's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 23, 2006 - 11:57 PM
Five Alive
dooDAT-doo
I will now post a lot of pictures about Godspeed You! Black Emperor. They are one of my favorite bands of all time.

This album is called Yanqui U.X.O. This album makes my life better. Seriously, five tracks of instrumental greatness. And not a single one makes use of Godspeed's famous "found sound" clips, forcing them to make it more consistently musical, and in that time, they experiment with different time signatures and contrasting melodies, slipping in clever passages of double-bass pedal and themes that match up sometimes, and not at other times. Marvelous work.

Here is a picture of the band playing.

Here is a HUEG picture of them playing.

Here is a completely unrelated picture of something that I found when I typed in my own name.

Seriously, who is this person.

TODAY'S EXPERIMENT - The Obligatory Huge-as-shit Picture Entry

SUCKTASTIC SUCCESS

Currently Playing: More white noise

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Mar 23, 2006 - 01:30 AM
Player wins the pot with a Four of a Kind
Gimmicky
03/23/06

Well, since today's experiment was supposed to be yestereday's experiment, well, WTF. Let's just move on and pretend that never happened.

::WilloftheUniverse::

Making two entries in a short span of time is a sure-fire way to make everyone know of you, or hate you so hard.

So, in other news, NOBODY NOTICES ME. Why am I so unkown around GFF? I try - I put myself out there. I joined Brent's RGB Sig/Av Chain, I even made the Wiki for it. And yet, I can go around GFF, safe that people will look at me and think, "I've seen the name, but where?" or, "Admiral Adama?" And WTF?! I'm CLEARLY not Edward James Olmos, I made a "Voices of GFF post" proving that it was impossible for me to BE Edward James Olmos, though I wish I could be as cool as he is in that role. As in, badass.

I will now complain, whine, and moan, and make use of as many fads as possible in a stupid way, all to simply whore attention. Look, this entry proves that the writer is awesome, because the entry is clearly cerebral when it makes use of such egregious, self-aware, self-actualized self-reference! And the word egregious, as well as three seperate uses of "self-" words, all leading to the same point individually! Intelliegence!

BACK TO THE ATTENTION WHORING

Seriously, I need to be more well-known on this site. And since I don't feel like being an active and articulate member, or stooping to the level of GFFaggotry to make myself known, I resort to extremely drawn-out referential humor in a sloppy, gimmicky schtick. IS THIS SHIT EVEN REAL. But, seriously. If I didn't want attention so bad, wouldn't I NOT be doing something lame, and proudly displaying it in a public place where people will read and be enlightened?

::everyone agress::

So, back to what I was saying, I have a pathological need for attention. Since all humans need to fit in, and many just accept that, and I have a desire to not be the mainstream, my brain hurts. Why even lie. I have an intense desire in both directions, and there's some cool phrase that describes when you have two conflicting ideas in your head, and I can't think of it at the moment, but I acutally just did, so I'll give it a proper greeting.

::fucongnativedissonance::

I just forgot it again. IS THAT EVEN RIGHT.

::fumemory::

::fuoverusedjokes::

I also have an Inferiority Complex, because I have this bizzare fear that if I accept even ONE COMPLIMENT FROM ANYBODY ON EARTH, my ego will suddenly explode and my head will be HUEG LIKE SASSBOX - no, seriously. It's an actual problem. What should I do, GFF ;___; I don't want to be so unhappy for the rest of my life ;___; Maybe you'll respond if I make crying faces a million times ;___; because they fill you with an immense sadness ;___; a depthless pity for me ;___; and my unimaginable plight ;___; HELP ME PLAESE ;________________;

The people that currently probably maybe know who I am are:
Lady Miyomi - Cool person, generally friendly, acknowledges that I exist.
Capo - My Black counterpart of the GFF RGB Chain. He's the Batman to my Superman.
Plarom - I have no idea why he knows me, he just does.
Scarletdeath - We talk on MSN sometimes. Because that's what cool people DO.
Tails - Answered all 10 of my Truth Hurts! Questions. I assume he remembers me.

THESE ANSWERS BASED ON ACTUAL SCIENCE.

I FORGET EVERYBODY ELSE.

Oops, shit, I just stopped caring.

TODAY'S EXPERIMENT - Actually this time cry out for attention

Results Pending.

So far: Good Enough.

Tomorrow's Experiment - The Obligatory Huge-as-shit Picture thread

Currently Playing: Dorm room white noise

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (14 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Mar 23, 2006 - 12:28 AM
Third Time's the Charm?
Tiredish
Alright, so onto today's experiment:

03/22/06

OH SHI-

EXPERIMENT - Completely forget to update today

SUCCESS

Tomorrow's experiment - actually this time cry out for attention.

Currently Playing: Godspeed You! Black Emperor - rockets fall on Rocket Falls

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Mar 21, 2006 - 01:44 PM
Second Time Around: Addendum
Hungry
Oh, just so you know, I am serious about trying some random thing every day. It'll be FUNFUNFUN.

Tomorrow's experiment - cry out for attention.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Mar 21, 2006 - 12:16 PM
Second Time Around
Mixed
Since this is the second time around for me and using ChocoJournal, I'm going to try some new things, just to see how they work. Inevitably, though, like Excel Saga, every experiment will utterly fail, and we'll hopefully be left with random garbage equalling hilarity of high magnitude. Hopefully.

Speaking of which, YouTube is a marvelous thing. I've been finding all sorts of good stuff on there, including Excel Saga. I've watched Samurai Champloo on there, which is now one of my favorite shows, a bit of Witch Hunter Robin, as well as Radiohead music videos and live performances. Seeing as I'm all into covering Radiohead with my new band, this is great. And seeing as I'm all into watching great anime, this is great. I only wish I knew how to Torrent, now. SUM1 TEACH ME

Speaking of which, ERGO PROXY IS SO GREAT. Why even let pass non-true statements. Is this shit even real.

On a totally unrelated note, let's swap the journal sudden, and all bi-polar like. I've been feeling depressed lately, which might have something to do with the part where I don't get enough sleep at night, I've got an overdue paper for a class, and the part where my internal struggle has gotten wierd again. Despite that I outwardly despise "fitting in" and conforming, I want nothing more that to fit in with people. At least I'm not someone who cries out for acceptance at every turn, taking drastic measures to make sure they're noticed... shit. I'm posting this in ChocoJournal. Moot point...? GOD I HATE MY LIFE!

Switching again from that line of thought, I've been SO INTO RPing lately. I enjoy RP forums, and I get in two games of D&D every weekend with two seperate groups. We have so much good tiems, lol, like wen my dood killed all teh emenies, and you thougt I wus so kool. No, I'm not a hypocrite, I enjoy the game. I'm just making fun of you dumbass faggots that can't spell or write. Because I've got an MBA in kicking your ass in verbal warfare, why even lie.

I AM SO AWESOME

TODAY'S EXPERIMENT: Post like everybody all at once.

FAILED

Currently Playing: Brian Eno - 2/1

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Mar 18, 2006 - 01:01 PM
Journals Return: Volume One.
Quite a bit has happened since the last time I was able to journal... unfortunately, most of it is supremely uninteresting, so BLAH.

However, with GFF back up, the good times are here again. I've joined the RGB Sig/Av Chain, which is the most hilarious fad that I've seen a long time (sup Capo), as well as I've tried to contribute to the GFF Drawball project, which is currently being ruined by Internet Retards. We had a , and it looked absolutely AWESOME (sup Turbo and co), but then the asshats that lurk the dark places of the Internet had to come along and blow that all to Hell. I removed the dick that they'd drawn on, but then more came back, and it all descended into madness and chaos. WE MUST REBUILD.

DRAMA ALERT: We all probably know by now of the drama arouned The Truth Hurts! and Gechmir's very temporary banning. I'll not get wrapped up in that here. That's for people like Sassu to journal about.

In other recent news, I may have finally found a band to settle down with. We have no name, so we're not an official band yet, but we have jammed on more than one ocassion and want to keep coming back for more. :singalong: We've been blowing through a few covers so far:

Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong, Fake Plastic Trees, A Punchup at a Wedding
Joy Division - Warsaw, Love Will Tear Us Apart
Coheed and Cambria - Blood Red Summer, A Favor House Atlantic
Queens of the Stone Age - Avon

We've also been jamming out, and we've developed some quality stuff to call our own. It's also entirely possible that sometime within the next month, we'll be opening for our drummer Eric's other band, Pillowfort. It's gonna kick asses and take names. In the jamming, I've also been developing my own style, usually revolving around cool things to do with my guitar. Acoustic guitar --> Tube Overdrive pedal --> Spider Line 6 Amp = Melodic feedback effects. Also, Acoustic -->Tube Overdrive --> Volume Pedal --> Amp set to Tape Echo (full), Tremolo (moderately light) = rolling waves of ambience. So very sweet.

If we get a show, at least one of you should come and see. That'd rock my face off. I'll post details when they arrive.

-Amara out.

Currently Playing: Coheed and Cambria - A Favor House Atlantic

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Admiral Amara's Journal