Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dr. Uzuki's Journal

Dr. Uzuki's Journal Statistics
View Dr. Uzuki's profile
Entries 48 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 24716
Replies Dr. Uzuki has made 662 comments [view stats]
Comments 246 comments (5.13 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 69 props given to Dr. Uzuki [who be proppin?]
Buddies 20 buddies
Relation You are not Dr. Uzuki's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 7, 2008 - 07:54 AM
So I signed up for FF6 week (new ava/sig)
Holy Moses did I have that set up for awhile. Think I've fell out of the habit of cycling out this stuff.

Breaking Bad is a show I'm enjoying very much at the moment. It's about meth and cancer, and it's got the dad from Malcom in the Middle in it, not necessarily in that order. It's not very uplifting at all! But it does have its lighter moments.

Spoiler:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #38]

Mar 3, 2008 - 09:15 AM
Recommend This Review

Review by Cyber Blood

"Its one hell of a rockin' game"

Come on people, bishing cars, big guns, police and a robber to chase what more do you want in a drivind imulation with the added twist of being the cop.
The good points first; you see the graphics arent half bad the screen may get confusing when there are lots of cars on it but what are you gonna do? It's graphics ability is marvelouse it may have flaws though and the way the two player ability works is quite difficult to draw infront of your face, but give it 10 minutes tops and you'll be raking in those bad guys and slamming them up. THe flaw with the graphics in the big problem is a pile up when left and right you cant see the robbers car and you vertually cant see yours it's sure damn annoying but in a fact funny you just ram em' and see what happens.
The actuall music or supposed to be music (I may be hearing things as I do listen to Iron Maiden while playing it to give it the edge) is subsiquently a bit tardey, its a little bit lame but it sure beats the hell out of resident Evil I can tell you that. Although the other bad thing is the noise of when you stop and then start up again, its so damn anoying. But the gun blasts are brilliant and the sound of the siren supberb these just put the icing on the misic's so called cake.
The playability is very high give it about 5 minutes to decifer the controls and your away kickin' ass like nothin' before' although the idea of shooting a car may sound fun but watch out, those cars hit ya' you lose that energy of yours. The power of the game, with missions and free play, codes and when you can choose the time of day for busting the baddies you sure as hell wont complete it in a day.
The replayability is everlasting it keeps on going it never ends, its just the plan of sending a man to the slammer is just so cool, but it may get on your nerves though when your car gets destroyed but otherwise it just rocks.

Conclusion:
Depends if you like cops and robbers but you sure in this life time find another like it, its like crazy taxi and driver in one but with cops, guns and the idea of going up the police ranks. Get it, Just do it you know you want to it is the best you wont reggret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10, Originally Posted: 12/19/01, Updated 12/19/01

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #37]

Feb 21, 2008 - 10:23 AM
Slightly ashamed to be making this request.
The curly haired chubby kid in the glasses who did the Reading Rainbow video. You know, this one.

YouTube Video

Where can I find the full version of that?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #36]

Feb 15, 2008 - 08:31 AM
First entry.
No content to be had at all.

On second thought, I'll use this gratuitous journal entry as an opportunity to state that I have just received my second promotion in as many years at my job. And ever since, I have been bored out of my mind for the most part.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #35]

Jan 16, 2008 - 08:43 AM
A sincere apology to SotW
I ran out of nominations. I don't really listen to new vgm releases anymore or seek out unearthed gems from years past. And, for some reason, it doesn't feel right voting without contributing. It feels entirely shitty that I was a regular since the beginning for such a long time and then, all of a sudden, nothing, particularly when I'm supposedly modding the place.

No excuses other than I'm busier and more tired than ever. I do feel bad enough that I'll going to make an effort to drop some opinions into voting soon, but I can't promise nominations.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Jan 11, 2008 - 05:47 PM
owned like hell
Passanger side window smashed. Radio stolen. Golf clubs out of the trunk, taken. Two sets. Documents out of glove box dumped and soaked with the night's rain. My current state, annoyed. Driving around ghetto with a plastic sheet in the window. Everything's going pretty smoothly with insurance so far though, so, eh, could have been worse.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Nov 25, 2007 - 04:15 PM
Deadwood Disapointment
I don't know whether I'm more upset or dumbfounded over starting a television series well after it's been canceled and not learning that there would be no proper conclusion until jumping onto the imdb board after finishing the last episode.

Spoilers further. Not that I really expected any firm resolutions. Al's still scrubbing blood stains, Cy still has a murderous temper, Major Dad wins and rides off into the sunset. Bullock still fails to count backwards from ten and compose himself. Things could have felt wrapped up on a lot of other fronts, though. Or, even better, not set up for more story like they fully expected to go on with the show. Seth's protection of the again newly widowed Alma was going to go somewhere, Cy being Hearst's eyes and ears on the camp, the doctor's illness. Instead, we get Steve horse kicked, Stubbs and Jane shacking up, and a fucking fire wagon.

sigh. Oh well.

"Numbers and acts is what to discuss. Sounds like a bible study, don't it?" - Powers Boothe as Cy Tolliver

^ Probably my favorite out of countless great lines from this series.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Nov 14, 2007 - 09:14 AM
Pointless Entry #31
I really, really like Merv's current Monopoly ava/sig set.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Oct 10, 2007 - 08:34 AM
The Piemaker Remembers Everything
You know that one good thing that manages to get itself of television every year? not 56k friendly

Spoiler:

At this very moment, in the town of Couer d'Couers, young Ned was 9 years, 27 weeks, 6 days, and 3 minutes old.

His dog, Digby, was 3 years, 2 weeks, 6 days, 5 hours, and 9 minutes old.

And not a minute older.

This was the moment young Ned realized that he wasn't like the other children, nor was he like anyone else for that matter.

Young Ned could touch dead things and bring them back to life. This touch was a gift given to him, but not by anyone in particular. There was no box, no instructions, no manufactures warranty. It just was.

The terms of use weren't immediately clear, nor were they of immediate consern. Young Ned was in love.

Her name was Chuck. At this very moment she was eight years, 42 weeks, 3 hours, and 2 minutes old. Young Ned did not think of her as being born, or hatched, or conceived in any way. Chuck came ready made from the Play-Doh Fun Factory of life. In their imaginations young Ned and a girl named Chuck conquered the world.

Long after their playdate was over, young Ned remained under Chuck's spell. Until a blood vessel in his mother's brain burst, killing her instantly.

Young Ned's random gift that was came with a caveat or two. It was a gift that not only gave.

It took.

Young Ned discovered that he could only bring the dead back to life for one minute without consequence. Any longer and someone else had to die. In the grand universal scheme of things, young Ned had traded his mother's life for Chuck's father's. But there was one more thing about touching dead things that young Ned didn't know. And he learned it in the most unfortunate way. First touch, life!

Second touch dead.

Again. Forever.

After a brief mourning period, young Ned's father would hustle him off to boarding school, never to be seen again.

Chuck would be fostered by aunts Lily and Vivian, a renowned synchronized swimming duo. They shared matching personality disorders and a love of fine cheese.

At their respective parents' funerals, dizzy with grief, curiosity, and hormones, young Ned and a girl named Chuck had their first - and only - kiss.

After his mother's death, Ned avoided social attachments, fearing what he'd do if someone else he loved died. And he became obsessed with pies.

It's 19 years, 34 weeks, 1 day, and 59 minutes later, heretofore known as now. Young Ned has become a piemaker.

And this is where he makes his pies.

Peaches never brown. The dead fruit in his hands becomes ripe with everlasting flavor.

As long as he only touches it once.

Pushing Daisies, Season 1, Episode 1 - "Pie-lette" torrent file

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [7] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Sep 17, 2007 - 07:26 AM
ITE Various People Call Me a Faggot (SAUS Related)
I'm not taking a stance here. Why do I choose to waste my time on this? I dunno, it's the middle of the night on a Sunday and I'm bored of playing Persona 3. This shit's like a crossword puzzle for me. I will try to offer as little commentary as possible. First up, stating the obvious.

Thriller vs. NFL on FOX. Score, 20 to 18, Football. Final score by excecutive decision, 19-19.

In a situation resembling MERLON in Best VGM Song Contest, pairings involving NFL on FOX have typically attracted more to much more attention than the rest of the pairings of any given bracket. Of particular note in the vote totals are atypical participants throwing support behind NFL on FOX. For round 4 of SAUS, I, like someone who needs to leave the planet would, have taken a count of a few different things. Commentary time.

It seems reasonable logic to me, I've stated it before (redundant) and no one has really come along to poke holes in this line of thought despite the large visibility of the topic, so I'm still standing by it - Foregone conclusions render contests obsolete. Any contest, really. In these music contests, we can reasonably, not absolutely, but reasonably make assumptions on judging whether or not a song is insurmountable by weighing the total votes a song receives against the average total of all other polls in the bracket to serve as a snapshot of interest and activity at the time.

Over the other 31 polls within round 4, there were a total of 398 votes cast. That's an average of about 12.8 per pairing. Let's round it up to 13. Since 4A01 is a grossly inflated total of the norm, I don't believe it should be factored into that average when comparing it to the totals in that thread, but if we did, the average becomes 13.625. Let's round it up to 14. That one additional number added to a pool already 31 large made any significant change of the average should serve to press the point that it is a distortion, but whateves, we'll consider both averages.

Yep, Football definitely jumped the hurdle to render the whole thing pointless, sitting at 20 votes (or 19) it's not that close at all. Let's delve a little deeper.

So we have an average of either 13 or 14 voters per poll. Just who are these average voters by name? Well, let's take a look at who voted in how many polls (through 31 pairings, not counting Thriller vs. Football).

Spoiler:
Dullenplain 31
Encephalon 31
Kishin 31
Dr. Uzuki 30
knkwzrd 29
Capo 28
Aardark 27
Crash Landon 27
Iwata 26
Brent 25
Qwarky 16
TheKnightOfNee 13
Traumatized Rat 13
Dee 12
Mersenne 7
MrMonkeyMan 7
Mo0 7
GoldfishX 5
kuttlas 5
surasshu 5
Merv Burger 3
Silverhawk 3
Chaotic 2
Denicalis 2
Drakken 2
Guru 2
Tails 2
_DH_ 2
Kairyu 1
Kolba 1
Ronz 1

Note that the point where the thirteenth most constant voter stops is at Rat. Looking at the other average (no need to post another list updated with 4A01's totals, trust me, it doesn't make a difference) the fourteenth most constant voter stops at Dee. Let's take a look at who voted for what in 4A01.

For Thiller:

Encephalon 32
Kishin 32
knkwzrd 30
Capo 29
Aardark 28
Iwata 27
Brent 26
Qwarky 17
TheKnightOfNee 14
Dee 13
Mersenne 8
surasshu 6
Chaotic 3
Denicalis 3
Guru 3
Pangalin 1
Sassafrass 1
Skexis 1

For NFL on FOX:

Dullenplain 32
Crash Landon 28
Traumatized Rat 14
Mo0 8
GoldfishX 6
Merv Burger 4
Tails 3
Ronz 2
Basil 1
CHz 1
Devoxycontin 1
Gechmir 1
IdleChill 1
koifox 1
Musharraf 1
ramoth 1
Ryuu 1
Slash 1
Taco 1
Xardion 1

Reducing the votes to the constant participants in the round, the 20-18 or 19-19 result magically transforms into 9 to 3 in Thriller's favor. 10 to 3 if you include Dee in the average.

Let's look at it a different way. Let's draw a line on how many polls you had to vote in for your vote to be considered valid. Instead of drawing one line, let's draw ALL THE LINES.

Vote totals if X amount of polls were required to validate your vote:

32 - 2 to 1, Thriller
31 - 2 to 1, Thriller
30 - 3 to 1, Thriller
29 - 4 to 1, Thriller
28 - 5 to 2, Thriller
27 - 6 to 2, Thriller
26 - 7 to 2, Thriller
25 - 7 to 2, Thriller
24 - 7 to 2, Thriller
23 - 7 to 2, Thriller
22 - 7 to 2, Thriller
21 - 7 to 2, Thriller
20 - 7 to 2, Thriller
19 - 7 to 2, Thriller
18 - 7 to 2, Thriller
17 - 8 to 2, Thriller
16 - 8 to 2, Thriller
15 - 8 to 2, Thriller
14 - 9 to 3, Thriller
13 - 10 to 3, Thriller
12 - 10 to 3, Thriller
11 - 10 to 3, Thriller
10 - 10 to 3, Thriller
9 - 10 to 3, Thriller
8 - 11 to 4, Thriller
7 - 11 to 4, Thriller
6 - 12 to 5, Thriller
5 - 12 to 5, Thriller
4 - 12 to 6, Thriller
3 - 15 to 7, Thriller
2 - 15 to 8, Thriller
1 - 18 to 20, NFL on FOX

Those are all the numbers I've got. Any thoughts?

It is worth noting that Thriller also has a number greater than the averages. However, one could argue that was due to being within the same pairing as NFL on FOX. It hasn't received these sort of inflated results in earlier rounds. You could also say that its 3 single poll voters are not comparable to Football's 12. And you could also note that its total when you only consider the average voter was only 9 or 10. This is a pretty high number, but not truly proven to be a show stopper given that these members have voted for various songs, showing no apparent outright allegiance.

Currently Playing: neither of these

Response entries:
This is me not caring (really). by Guru
DON'T MESS WITH FOOTBALL. by Tails
ITE: SUCCESS by The unmovable stubborn
This is what I read by Ronz

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (38 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dr. Uzuki's Journal