Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dr. Uzuki's Journal

Dr. Uzuki's Journal Statistics
View Dr. Uzuki's profile
Entries 48 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 24703
Replies Dr. Uzuki has made 662 comments [view stats]
Comments 246 comments (5.13 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 69 props given to Dr. Uzuki [who be proppin?]
Buddies 20 buddies
Relation You are not Dr. Uzuki's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 17, 2012 - 05:04 AM
This is an actual movie. No, seriously, like, a theatrical release.
YouTube Video

Imma gon be all the n.i.g.g.a. I can be this weekend.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #48]

Nov 6, 2011 - 05:43 AM
My new favorite video ever
ASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSASSAS SASSASS

YouTube Video

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #47]

Feb 9, 2011 - 07:18 AM
Back in school we used to dream about this every day.
Now check this out, one day back in Philly, four guys wanted to sing, they came up to me and I said, "Well, what's your name (what's your name)?" Hey! You know what I'm saying? Then I said, "Alright fellas, let me see what you can do." And then Wan smiled and said, "Yo Mike, check this out

see if this one moves you."

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #46]

Dec 29, 2010 - 08:00 AM
Black Swan (vague spoilers)
I liked it, but. It's honestly a hard movie to recommend and this is coming from a fan of the director/writer and someone who generally eats up the unreliable narrator aspect of many other works.

The concept is innately rudimentary, the black/white, light/dark, fall from innocence theme being extremely basic. Just from the title of the film and the simple notion that the story is framed around ballet, the audience is smacked in the face about it before sitting in their seats. So what makes a story like this worth telling would be an artful hand filling scenes with craft. Unfortunately, that's lacking. Black Swan mainly relies on Portman's performance. And her performance, on both a level of physicality and character, is tremendous. Just outstanding. She really carries the film.

Aronofsky's directing is hard to swallow at times, though, almost as soon as the film starts and persists in the same missteps throughout. Things are awfully heavy handed. The characters are often in up close shots while a score of gloom and dread washes over many scenes.

This is not to say that the movie is unskillfully handled because many scenes (usually ones involving the dancing) are beautifully done. And I loved the ending from top to bottom, from the beginning of the performance to the fade to white and the roar of the crowd.

Spoiler:
Although how lazy is it to write two films in a row that basically end the exact same way? Also annoyed with the tv spots basically giving away the most satisfying aspects of the end of the movie, holy crap.

Edit: Whoops, my bad, for some reason I'd made the assumption that the director wrote this film and The Wrestler, which was incorrect.

It's more of an experience. It's not a film that really resonates, which would be fine expect for that's what it's trying to be. Black Swan is a film that swings for the fences, and the ball might have the distance, but it ends up being shy of fair. I am almost certain that I'll give it a second viewing sometime, so that says something. Didn't hate it, I just wouldn't call it noteworthy. Probably my second bottom Aronofsky film (if only because it was so much more beautiful to watch than Pi).

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #45]

Oct 21, 2010 - 05:06 AM
Counterpoint
Response to: Holloween Candy Review by Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.

What makes a candy is unwrapping it. Movie style boxed candy gives off an impersonal aesthetic, cracking open a glued lid and pouring bits of possibly stuck together sweets into your palm. Many candy bars force you to make an awkward tear, grasping a too small flap between four fingers. God forbid if you botch each side, you resort to biting it open. The worst offender has to be the Big Hunk.

Bagged candy that comes in pieces is usually appeasing. Such as M&Ms, most of these are shelled, avoiding any sticking problems. The textile feeling of shifting bits in the hand you hold them is pleasing. Foil wrapped candy bars that brake apart in sections also score high marks.

Individually wrapped candies are near the pinnacle, whether hard or soft. The act of tugging at both ends and hearing the cellophane unravel makes a simple starlight mint that much more enjoyable. Taking into account texture, color, and flavor varieties, salt water taffy is a favorite of mine in this category.

Nothing trumps pulling the paper off of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Raised slightly above the candy, you pull softly and feel ripples as it pops off effortlessly around it. Before you indulge, you slide your thumb and forefinger across its ridges previously housed.

Reese's Cups: A

Big Hunk: D-

Currently Playing: If any of that sounded erotic, it was entirely intentional

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #44]

Jun 1, 2010 - 01:02 AM
What is wrong with my computer?
Recently, I had a strange desire to play Final Fantasy XI again (I know.). I purchased the game years ago when it was newly released and played it without any trouble. I'm now using the exact same system and for some reason when the game advances to the main menu, the screen does this:

Now updated with actual screen captures.
Spoiler:

Things start out just fine.

Spoiler:

But then this happens.

Spoiler:

Followed by this.

My video card is an ATI Radeon 9600/X1050, my processor is 1.33, and my memory is 512. I'm running XP Pro. All this should be sufficient to play the game and have in the past. My video card drivers weren't current, but I updated them upon encountering this problem. DirectX version is 9.0c.

While the screen is buggy, the cursor still appears and can be freely moved. Sound is just fine. And text displays, all but the first letter, so instead of "Select Character, Create Character" it displays as "elect Character, reate Character".

I wish I could say I have run tests with other games, but I have practicably none to do so, none that are taxing. My limited and neglected PC selection got lost the last time I moved.

Anyone have any idea? Has my video card just finally taken a shit or what?

Currently Playing: Nothing on this piece of shit.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #43]

Jan 10, 2010 - 05:57 AM
Cave Story (spoilers)
Other than coming away from this game completely satisfied, I have to marvel over how this game was apparently the work of a single person. Graphics, physics, AI, plotting, level design, enemy design, battle mechanics, story, music. Each area of this game was executed so superbly that it's almost unbelievable that this wasn't the work of at least a small team. Pixel is a super talented guy.

The challenge level was perfect, at least for a player like me who doesn't excel at action oriented games but can charge through with a bit of practice. I died a bunch in this game but always felt as if I could come back at it better the next time around. The only real frustration for me was the last cave (hidden). Much cursing occurred. Forced me to get good enough at the first portion of the cave and the booster that I could withstand the area boss, and I was left slack-jawed upon realizing that there was still one final stretch left after that fucker. Not counting all the times I died before or during that mile mark, I still died on that last stretch at least four times. Now I feel pretty confident that I could get through it again without much trouble and it is such an awesome and semi-rare experience in games recently that you can measure that sort of progress.

It's funny, I was glad that I was going into a relatively short game, I have such a problem with dropping longer ones after so long. Now, I just want to play it again. Motivation being, besides the game being so good, the irreversible weapon selections you come across really changes the whole experience, especially the last few areas. I took the machine gun in my go through and feel that I significantly relied on it's flying capability in many of the areas. Of course, the trade off is that the series of last boss battles is harder to manage with that weapon (which took me easily about 10+ tries).

I haven't "truly" beaten the game yet. Got a save after the final bosses that leads me down into Hell/Sacred Grounds. I cheated and looked up some youtube runs. I am reluctant to try. *bites nails*

Thanks to everyone who suggested this game on top of the rest I was considering. I can't imagine any of the others would have been as satisfying.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #42]

Dec 31, 2009 - 07:22 PM
Score one for Democracy! (GFF, pick a game for me to play)
Two Christmas gifts I received this year have been Bowser's Inside Story and Wii Sports Resort. I'm having a lot of fun with both, but I can't stand to play the DS for too long a period of time and Resort is more of a game you do in bursts or when a group's around. I'm thinking I need another game to juggle. But I have so many candidates, I really don't know where to begin. My Backloggery shows 96 titles unfinished, only a few of those I'm interested in playing right now, though.

- Despite owning Metal Gear Solid 1-4, I've only ever finished the first one. I sorta want to skip ahead to 4 seeing as how I've already been filled in on many of the convoluted plot points and I'm mainly looking to be entertained by the presentation.

- Metroid Prime 1 and 3 (but not 2). Wouldn't mind skipping ahead here either because I like to play around with the motion controls.

- Pick up where I left off in Twilight Princess, which would be the water temple. Or, I could start Wind Waker again which I've never dug too far into.

- Finish World of Goo which would not take that long, I'm in the second to last world and I think I got a bit frustrated when the skull goos are introduced and just ended up forgetting about the game.

- Cave Story. I haven't played it either. I mean, I've started it, but it really makes me wish I'd get a control adapter already.

- Beyond Good and Evil. Every time I've tried to start it I think, yeah, this seems like a good game, but I just can't get into it.

- Okami. I really liked what I played of this, got about 5 or 6 hours in. I'd probably start of the beginning again.

- Valkyria Chronicles. Ditto to the above, yet I did start to become a bit disenchanted. The action segments should be less static.

Let's recap.

Beyond Good and Evil
Cave Story
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metroid Prime 3
Okami
Valkyria Chronicles
World of Goo
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Or option nine which is to go out to the game shop and pick up whatever new title gets me damp. Top of the list would be New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Demon Souls. Or wait till the end of the month for No More Heroes 2.

Vote and decide my fate. I vow to at least drop the game a quarter of the way through and start playing some old Genesis game I've beat a bunch of times before.

Oh, and happy new decade. I highly encourage late night drunk posting after the disappointment of whiskey dick hits.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #41]

Aug 27, 2009 - 05:28 AM
Elmo and Neil Patrick Harris loop dancing to Lady Gaga.
YouTube Video

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [8] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #40]

May 11, 2008 - 09:04 PM
Even my strangest dreams are highly mundane/BSC stuff
Spoiler:
So, I have a dream that there's this group of people coming into work on a Saturday, but I have the day off. But I don't sleep in and I'm bored and restless not knowing what to do with myself, so I head down to work to see if everyone's getting along fine without me. They seem to not be getting much work done, taking it easy. I leave and get some coffee, read a paper, I'm not really required to be there anyway, so why not.

On the way back, I notice a door into the building I've never seen before, I go in through it. All the lights are off in the building now, all but a few dim ones here and there. Everybody's dead. I hear the sound of something approaching, loud but slow and steady thuds, I turn around and here comes my boss encased in a red robotic armor suit. He's lost all his hair, his skin is pale with veins showing across his scalp and he has one of those eyepieces like Vegeta's OVER 9000 scanner. Kinda like a borg but more like a red master chief.

Well, Jim starts shooting lasers out of his eyepiece as he skulks towards me. When they charge up to fire, they sound distinctly like a certain enemy attack in Phantasy Star 4. I run for the exit, not the one I entered the building to, this is the one I normally enter and exit from, and outside, as you may have guessed, is a ruined world, rubble, abandoned buildings, burning cars, ufo like crafts in the sky firing at whatever moves or will explode on the ground below.

So, I take off arunnin' and I am zooming, I'm running a long distance at a fast pace and not tiring at all. Usually in my dreams when I attempt to run away from something, in feels like I'm running underwater and seemingly in slow motion. I mean, like, everytime, so I found that part really strange. Anyshit, I take a look over my shoulder and there is Jim, he has rocket boots, naturally, and he's pretty much right there on my ass.

I turn a corner and before I'm back in his line of vision, my sleeve gets tugged and I'm yanked into some building, saved by a member of the resistance movement. She leads me into the stairwell and to the top of the building, up about 4 stories where the rest of the army is stationed. Almost immediately, a large section of the ceiling crumbles in and multiple red master chief/borgs drop in and there's machine gun fire and lasers and lots and lots of yelling. And for some reason I have this cup of liquid in my hand suddenly. I drink it and pass out and wake up in the coffee place. The outside world has returned to normal.

I drive back to work and get all up in Jim's face about him being an evil intergalactic conqueror. He looks pretty pissed off and puts me on a performance improvement plan. He gives me some forms and tells me I have to gather 600 signatures from coworkers as votes of confidence from them that I shouldn't lose my job.

So I leave in a huff, but fast forward to Monday and I totally buckle and do it and I'm being a big brown nose so I won't get fired.

^ Dream

~

V BSC

Spoiler:
Speaking of boring, my preliminary list for the VGM song contest nominations, it has no balls, none at all. All I want to nominate are the leftovers that haven't made the cut in years past, or songs I didn't have room for, or songs from games I've nominated in past years but barely chose one representation over the other and to top it off just about the entire thing is orchestrated.

I am without a doubt going to nominated Seere's Happiness, Sky from Drag-on Dragoon which I had in my list forever last year but I pulled it at the last minute for a Children of Mana track that went reasonably deep but was criticized all to hell. This one would have the opposite effect I believe, go out early but get some praise from certain people. Regardless, it's been a personal favorite of mine for awhile and it's at least seeing the light of day this time around.

A song I knew I'd be nominating first time I heard it in game is Super Paper Mario's Staff Credits. Pretty repetitive but a highly fun song.

I think for the past two years I've been trying to get Endless Mine from Sonic 3 in there. I completely blanked on it during the chiptune contest (particularly stupid as my list in that was entirely Sega, too). I don't want to cheat this one out of a spot again. Though I doubt it's going anywhere.

I can't go a year without nominating something from a PSO game. I definitely want to take a crack at nominating something from Phantasy Star Universe again and there is this piece I really love but I know it doesn't have broad appeal. The track is RELICS - Sleep -. I also wouldn't mind nominating the very lovely Ohtoku City - Neudaiz - which would surely be more of a success, even if I don't prefer it to the former. Decisions, decisions.

I'm still sort of mad over how FFXII has received mostly lousy representation in the contest thus far and am debating between A Land of Memories or The Skycity of Bhujerba to put somewhere in my list.

I'll probably put Gusty Garden Galaxy from SMG low in there. I anticipate that one being high on someone else's list for some reason.

I want to nominate The Meditation of Many Years again from Valkyrie Profile 2, but I know it won't get in without a high slot, and I'm afraid I just have too many others I'd place above it (and no one's going to boost it). Same story with Under the All-Powerful Divine Protection, which is sublime.

Links to all the songs mentioned here if you're curious.

Drag-On Dragoon - Seere's Happiness, Sky
Final Fantasy XII - A Land of Memories
Final Fantasy XII - The Skycity of Bhujerba
Phantasy Star Universe - Ohtoku City - Neudaiz -
Phantasy Star Universe - RELICS - Sleep -
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Endless Mine
Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy (hopefully find a higher quality version should it make it into the contest)
Super Paper Mario - Staff Credits
Valkyrie Profile 2 - The Meditation of Many Years
Valkyrie Profile 2 - Under the All-Powerful Divine Protection

Opinions?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #39]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dr. Uzuki's Journal