Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal

Stuff.

Rockgamer's Journal Statistics
View Rockgamer's profile
Entries 386 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 136805
Replies Rockgamer has made 3260 comments [view stats]
Comments 2827 comments (7.32 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 83 props given to Rockgamer [who be proppin?]
Buddies 40 buddies
Relation You are not Rockgamer's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Sep 21, 2010 - 01:45 AM
The entry where I apparently throw heaps and heaps of praise towards The Event
Because you know, that's what I'm supposed to do, right?

Terriers - I really didn't know what to expect from this show, as the commercials didn't really say much. But after watching it, I can say that this show is already one of my favorite new shows of the season. It's about a pair of private investigators, one of them a former police officer who was thrown off the force. This show kinda reminds me of The Good Guys, but a bit more serious and without all the old school trappings. Donal Logue (Grounded for Life, The Knights of Prosperity) plays the main character Hank Dolworth, and there are a few other noticable cast members in Laura Allen (Lily from The 4400) and Rockmond Dunbar (C-Note from Prison Break). FX can be hit or miss with their shows sometimes, but this one definitely looks to be one of their better ones.

Hellcats - Okay, this show is just Glee with cheerleading instead of singing (yes, I know there is cheerleading in Glee, but I'm talking about as the focus). I'm not even exaggerating when I say that, either. You have the whole 'we have to win at Nationals or they'll shut down the program' angle, Ashley Tisdale's character is Rachel Berry (I'm dead serious), and the cheerleading coach has beef with the football coach (just like Will and Sue, though nowhere near as good). But even with all that said, it's still not that bad of a show. It might be an unabashed ripoff of Glee, but at least it's a good unabashed ripoff of Glee. And if nothing else, it's a good excuse to watch chicks prancing around in skimpy outfits.

Nikita - Eh. I expected to like this show a bit more than I actually did, but it was just okay. Even though it's an original take on the Nikita story, just the fact that they're using these same characters and the same world opens the door to comparisons to the original La Femme Nikita TV series. Sadly, none the actors measure up to their counterparts in the original (they got the huy who played George Mason on 24 to play the Operations part, which is just kinda laughable), though at least a few of them are still good in their own right. But even based on its own merits, as far as spy shows it's still only kinda average. I'll stick with it in hopes that it will get better, but I'd probably be better off finishing my La Femme Nikita DVDs over watching this.

Mad - This is an animated show (though the term animated applies loosely) based on Mad Magazine that airs on Cartoon Network. Not Adult Swim, Cartoon Network. It's obviously no MADtv, but for what it is it's not that bad. It's kinda like a Robot Chicken for a younger audience, as they do a lot of parodies and stuff that you'd expect from that show (the first episode had a fake crossover between CSI: Miami and iCarly (CSiCarly), for example). Also, the show has Spy vs. Spy cartoons, which pretty much makes it awesome based on that alone.

World of Jenks - This is a show on MTV about a pretentious filmaker named Andrew Jenks. Seriously, the dude annoys me to no end, so it's hard to like a show where the focus is on him interacting with other people. Not the other people are any better, as the episode I watched had him live with some no-name rapper who was probably more of a douchebag than Jenks was. What was supposed to be a serious look at a world most people don't normally experience just turned into a fucking laughfest. Just go watch the show 30 Days instead. It's not exactly like it, but it's close enough and it's actually good.

Outlaw - First and foremost I'm just gonna get out of the way that yes, I know this show is made by Conan O'Brien's production company. I admittedly didn't know that beforehand, but even if I did I wouldn't let that stop me from watching a show (it's not like he's actually in it). So with that out of the way, this is actually a pretty good legal drama. I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't keep the show about its initial focus (the main character starts off the show as a Supreme Court Justice, which I think would have made a better show), but the show that's there is still good. The characters are fun and quirky, but they can get dramatic when they need to. Overall I'd say it's a good show, and I'll definitely keep watching.

The Event - This show looked intruiging from the commercials, but at the same time I didn't get too excited for it because it pretty much just looked like FlashForward all over again. Except FlashForward at least told us what the whole big deal at the center of it all actually was. This show doesn't do that. It doesn't tell you much of anything, really. It's just a bunch of supposedly exciting shit happening for no real reason other than the fact that it's supposedly exciting. Also, there is no sense of time in this show, because after every scene it's suddenly 40 minutes earlier, then eleven days before, et cetra et cetra. Most of the characters were pretty boring, which was surprising considering the cast (even Zeljko Ivanek, who usually plays pretty awesome characters, was pretty boring). I might stick with it in the hope that it'll get better, but so far I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (25 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #383 of 386]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal