Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
map car man words telling me to do things's Journal

Journal Banner
Welcome!

map car man words telling me to do things's Journal Statistics
View map car man words telling me to do things's profile
Entries 747 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (0.13% of total)
Views 418693
Replies map car man words telling me to do things has made 4279 comments [view stats]
Comments 6494 comments (8.69 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 2226 props given to map car man words telling me to do things [who be proppin?]
Buddies 61 buddies
Relation You are not map car man words telling me to do things's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jan 1, 2021 - 07:46 AM
Games of 2020 + The Qwarky Awards
Response to: Games of 2019 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

what a year huh

anyway video games

it is time

Games I started before 2020 and only finished last year:

-

Games I started and finished last year:

System Shock 2
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II - Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy - Escape: Yavin IV
Doom Eternal (Ultra-Violence difficulty)
Resident Evil 3 (2020)
Command & Conquer (both campaigns + dinosaur missions)
Warcraft - Orcs and Humans (both campaigns)
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (both campaigns)
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal (both campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert (both campaigns)
StarCraft (all three campaigns)
StarCraft: Brood War (all three campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (both campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun – Firestorm (both campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (both campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge (both campaigns)
Heretic
Hexen: Beyond Heretic
Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Helltaker
Command & Conquer: Renegade
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (all four campaigns)
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (all four campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Generals (all three campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour (all three campaigns)
Desperados III
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE
Curious Expedition
INMOST
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Batman: Arkham Asylum (replay)
Batman: Arkham City + Harley Quinn's Revenge (replay)
Batman: Arkham Knight + DLC (true knightfall)(replay)
LEGO Batman
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Streets of Rage 4
Raji: An Ancient Epic
Cloudpunk
El Hijo - A Wild West Tale
Ghostrunner
Haven
Hades

Games I started last year but didn't or couldn't finish:

VirtuaVerse
The Cycle
Necrobarista
Rogue Company

Best games of 2020 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE
[SUPER] [HOT]

6/10

INMOST
[oh no everything is] [sad]

7/10

Streets of Rage 4
[Best Animation] [Best Blaze] [Best Music]

7/10

THE QWARKY TOP 10 BEST GAMES OF 2020

Spoiler:

El Hijo - A Wild West Tale
[Cutest Game] [Best Ending] [Best Minecarts]

Very cute, striking looking little stealth game with a very satisfying finale.

7/10

Raji: An Ancient Epic
[Best Sweeping Epic] [Best Gods] [Best Shadowpuppets]

A great adventure with lovely sights and sounds. Ends a little abruptly, but overall very enjoyable epic with fun combat.

8/10

Resident Evil 3 (2020)
[Best Jill] [Best Carlos] [Best Hunters] [Best Hospital]

Could have been better, could have had more content and more replayability yadda yadda. I don't like old RE3 that much and while this could have used a few more open, hub-like sections, as linear as it was I enjoyed the ride and played it through multiple times.

8/10

Doom Eternal
[Best Doom] [Best Music] [Best FPS] [Best Marauders] [Best Shotgun]

I loved Doom 2016 until it wore out its welcome, but it did so many things so well. Eternal doesn't do all of those things quite as well, but then it does a whole lot of other things so much better. id made an FPS character action game and not everyone will enjoy that, but it's a hell of a ride with amazing setpieces, systems and music. I haven't played the DLC yet, I'll probably wait for part 2 to come out before getting into them.

YouTube Video

8/10

Helltaker
[Best Demons] [Best Free Game] [Best Pancakes] [Best Ending] [Best Wholesome]

A++ demon girls and wholesome dialogue. The Twitter comics vanripper keeps posting are great too.

https://twitter.com/vanripperart/sta...67729876156416

8/10

Ghostrunner
[Best Dystopia] [Best Katana] [Best Dashing] [Best Challenge] [Best Music]

Really fun and furious cyberpunk slashing dashing fun fun fun.

YouTube Video

8/10

Cloudpunk
[Best Graphics] [Best City] [Best Atmosphere] [Best Flying Cars] [Best Dog] [Best Dog Car]

Drive around a cool dystopia city and have emotions about everything. Camus is best boy.

YouTube Video

8/10

Desperados III
[Best Cowboys] [Best Music] [Best Tactics] [Best Kate] [Best Stealth] [Best Pause] [Best Sniping] [Best Cat]

Fantastic tactical cowboy espionage action, super satisfying pause and plan mode, great setpieces, lovely visual flair, delightful use of music, attention to detail, charming cast of characters, boatloads of additional stuff to do after the initial playthrough.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

9/10

Hades
[Best Graphics] [Best Music] [Best Gods] [Best Backgrounds] [Best Combat] [Best Dialogue] [Best Nyx] [Best Cerberus] [Best Dusa] [Best Ending] [Best Weapons]

Okay I need to start with: I am not a huge fan of Supergiant games. I've TRIED to love them, but they won't let me. Something about the narratives just doesn't click with me, so I ended up not enjoying Bastion and Transistor as much as I wanted, and I never got around to playing Pyre. The art, the music, the care put into each title is so appealing to me, but they just don't click.

For these reasons I picked up Hades, but didn't get around to playing it until only this december. I'm not a huge fan of roguelikes, so we weren't off to an amazing start. It took a long while, but eventually the game did very much win me over and I had to think hard on whether it was my favourite game of the year or not.

The roguelike stuff isn't the best in class, and getting most of the story in tiny tiny bits and crumbs at a time can be a little frustrating for someone like me, but everything else works so well. Art design all around is exquisite, these are some of the loveliest backgrounds I've seen in years, gorgeous character designs, gorgeous use of colours, Darren Korb's music is once more just outstanding, and its use during the game is sublime. All the characters are endearing, well voiced, and there is just so much to discover about them, each piece of conversation usually bringing something new out.

It's a tough game, but the team have also added in plenty of little options of making the experience less brutal for the people who want that.

All in all, it didn't end up my #1 but man if it isn't Supergiant's best work and a wonderful game with a lot of heart and care put into it, fun combat, wonderful visuals and music, tons and tons and tons to do and explore and discover. I finished (saw credits) last night, but I will continue to play for the other character quests because I like everyone so much.

Also if you care about Hades and Supergiant, please watch the Noclip documentary series on its development, they've been making it for two years now and it's lovely.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

9/10

Haven
[Game of the Year] [Cutest Game] [Best Yu] [Best Kay] [Best Music] [Best Gliding] [Best Oink] [Best Ending] [Best Dialogue]

In the end it had to be Haven. This lovely, gentle, engaging scifi love story was exactly what it wanted and needed to be. Gorgeous sights, wonderful music, endearing characters with a well written relationship that was just a joy to witness and aid. Fun scifi, fun gliding, fun exploration, fun timing based combat, lovely attention to detail and heart and warmth. Very, very satisfying and emotionally charged conclusion that will stay with me for a while.

Finished it and then went back and got the rest of the achievements because I loved it

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

9/10

Response entries:
Games of 2021 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [7] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #743 of 746]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
map car man words telling me to do things's Journal