Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
map car man words telling me to do things's Journal

Journal Banner
Welcome!

map car man words telling me to do things's Journal Statistics
View map car man words telling me to do things's profile
Entries 747 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (0.13% of total)
Views 420222
Replies map car man words telling me to do things has made 4279 comments [view stats]
Comments 6494 comments (8.69 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 2226 props given to map car man words telling me to do things [who be proppin?]
Buddies 61 buddies
Relation You are not map car man words telling me to do things's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jan 2, 2015 - 07:03 AM
Games of year 2014 and AWARDS!
Response to: Games of the year 2013 by map car man words telling me to do things

It's that time again! Time to look through my list of games I played and finished last year, and pick some of my favorites.

Games I started before 2014 and only finished last year:

None, from the looks of it

Games I started and finished last year:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Devil May Cry HD
The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC
La-Mulana (2012)
No Time to Explain
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Dark Souls II
Dragon's Dogma
Velocity
Shovel Knight
Transistor
Halo 4
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Contrast
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
The Last of Us: Remastered
LIT
Super Mario RPG
Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Final Fantasy VI
Paper Mario 64
Max Payne 3 (replay)
Freedom Planet
Labyrinth
The Last Express
Pushmo
Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena
Super Mario 3D Land
The Last Door - Season One
Bayonetta 2
Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch
Mario Kart 8
The Blackwell Legacy (replay)
Blackwell Unbound
The Blackwell Convergence
The Blackwell Deception
The Blackwell Epiphany
Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Games I started last year but didn't finish:

Devil May Cry 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Best games released in 2014 (that I played):

Spoiler:

Shovel Knight
[Best Shovel] [Best Knight] [Best Shield] [Best Music] [Best Bonfires] [Most Diamons]

A completely charming love letter to NES era action platformers, with an absolutely wonderful look, superb soundtrack, great characters and bosses and an enjoyable simple story. Essential gaming.

8/10

YouTube Video

Freedom Planet
[Best Colours] [Best Furries] [Best Music] [Best Kickstarter]

A lovely, lovely action platformer that takes its inspiration from old (good) Sonic games and Treasure. Fun, charming characters, really lovely colourful spriteart and backgrounds, fantastic soundtrack, enjoyable plot, great boss fights. My favourite Kickstarter backed project I played last year.

8/10

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Valiant Hearts: The Great War
[Best Dog] [Best Serious Subject Matter] [Best Music] [Most War] [Best Musical Interludes]

A bold, powerful, moving glimpse into WW1 and the men and women who did impossible deeds every day. I had my doubts about how sincere it would come across, but apart from a few odd design choices, it's a beautiful, respectful work that everyone should play through. A little light on pure gameplay terms perhaps, but the pacing, visuals, music and journey more than make up for it. An important piece that a lot of developers and publishers should learn from.

9/10

YouTube Video

The Blackwell Epiphany
[Best Writing] [Best Incidental Stories] [Best Atmosphere] [Best Ghost Story] [Best Music] [Most Ghosts] [Best Rosa] [Best oh god i feel so numb Ending]

The beautiful, mesmerizing, heartbreaking finale to a terrific adventure series I've been on and off following for the last five years or so.

Taken on its own, it's a decent adventure game with gorgeous visuals and spritework by the great Ben Chandler, great writing, memorable characters and setpieces, superb atmosphere and a wonderful jazzy soundtrack by Thomas Regin.

Taken as a part of a whole, however, it's extraordinary. It's an emotional gut punch and I had to see the ending twice after collecting my thoughts, but it closes the story and bids farewell to beloved characters and a beloved series in a fitting manner, leaving some questions, but providing enough answers and closure to make it ache just a little less.

8/10

Annoyingly, there's no music available on youtube, but

https://soundcloud.com/mozalbete/bla...ost-menu-theme

Here's a track from Deception though! Same composer! Same series!

YouTube Video

Mario Kart 8
[Best Karts] [Best Online] [Best Music] [Best Peach] [Best Daisy] [Best Bikes]

THIS GAME IS JUST.

Such a wonderful, rich, fun, colourful game. HD Nintendo is the best thing to happen to videogames in the last decade and Mario Kart 8 is achingly gorgeous. There's a joyful wisdom and imagination and playfulness to the track design, all the characters and vehicles are fun, the soundtrack is exceptional, the handling is superb, the drifting mechanic incredibly satisfying and the online is just fantastic. I CAN'T WAIT FOR DLC PACK 2.

9/10

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Bayonetta 2
[Game of the Year] [Best Action] [Best Bosses] [Best Unlockables] [Best Outfits] [Best Short Hair] [Best Jeanne] [Best Santa] [BEAUTIFUL]

The most deliriously fun, glorious, beautiful, funny, imaginative and just plain enjoyable videogame since.. well, the first one.

With an absolutely gorgeous new look, Bayo is back to kick more angel and demon ass alike and you will grin and gasp in awe at the flood of sights, sounds and challenge. Wonderful new weapons, fantastic boss fights, amazing soundtrack, vast, vast, vast amounts of things to do, things to discover, things to learn, things to unlock, things to enjoy and love. It's such a rich, generous, rewarding, fulfilling experience, crafted with the kind of understanding, the kind of skill, the kind of care you rarely see in videogames anymore, and a not a microtransaction or preorder bonus DLC voucher code in sight. Easily the finest game released last year and everyone should experience it.

9/10

YouTube Video

Honourable mentions:

Dark Souls II
[Most Souls] [Best World Building] [Best Reveal] [Best Emerald Herald] [Best Rosabeth]

8/10

Transistor
[Best Humming] [Best Music] [The Logan Cunningham Award]

7/10

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok
[Best Not Quest for Glory Sequel] [Best Hervor] [Most Snow]

7/10

The Last Door - Season 1
[Most Spooky] [Largest Pixels] [Best Crows]

7/10

The Definitive List of Games I Didn't Get To Play (properly or at all) Last Year Because of Reasons But Really Really Wanted To And Most Likely Would Have Enjoyed:

Spoiler:
Alien: Isolation
Child of Light
Lethal League
Moebius: Empire Rising
Strider
Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea
Watch Dogs
Bravely Default
Shantae: Risky’s Revenge - Director’s Cut
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Wasteland 2
Divinity: Original Sin
Tower of Guns
The Walking Dead - Season Two
The Wolf Among Us - Season One
Ultra Street Fighter 4
A Story About My Uncle
A Golden Wake
The Legend of Korra
Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Talos Principle
Legend of Grimrock 2
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Abyss Odyssey
Costume Quest 2
Broken Age
The Marvelous Miss Take
Super Time Force Ultra
Wings of Vi

Response entries:
Games of the Year 2015 and the usual awards by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #721 of 746]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
map car man words telling me to do things's Journal