Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2013, 04:43 AM Local time: May 13, 2013, 11:43 AM #426 of 497
Well that's what i used to run, got my manticore in my stash.
But honestly I switched to grenades for fun and I'm having fun with it so i run with it for a while .
Also i bought a couple of new stuff you mentioned, much easier to run through now. As you said I'm gonna try crafting bracers and shoulders until i get a upgrade.
Still got 9ish millions to spend (I'm too greedy when i buy stuff lol) if i want to, might even get a better calmity.

no homo

Last edited by Zip; May 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2013, 04:35 PM #427 of 497
Yeah, I'm having a good time with Grenades as well, my eHP is so high already that I'm just facetanking stuff and it's hilarious. It just scales much better to higher difficulties, but obviously if you're having fun with it do that. It's not BAD at lower difficulties, just not as effective, but whatever really. Playing in public games levels you up extremely fast now with the bonuses; this weekend I went from 73-80, didn't play nearly as much as I could have, and I don't have a ruby in my helm or the Hellfire ring equipped either, it's just way faster now. Higher Paragon levels make a HUGE difference in finding drops; I ran mostly group MP6 runs which is pretty easy for me, and I cleared 14 Legendaries on Saturday and 17 yesterday. Mostly crap, although I did find a great ~35 mil amulet last night for my Scoundrel (a Star of Azarkanth with near max chance to Freeze on hit, which is super vaulable). But the fact that stuff that could at least potentially be good is dropping is fantastic, and with the bonuses I cleared over 10 mil in just gold pickups and vendor trash. Good times.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2013, 07:53 PM #428 of 497
25% extra MF/GF/Exp until Tuesday to celebrate the game's anniversary. It kinda sucks that the MF/GF isn't multiplicative, but the Exp bonus is (just like NV stacks are, which is why leveling is so fast, especially with the extra group bonus of 10-40%) so leveling is ridiculous. My Paragon 31 Monk is going up about a level a run still.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2013, 04:46 PM Local time: May 17, 2013, 03:46 PM #429 of 497
I started a fresh monk, set it to MP10, and played through 75% of act 1 solo, then opened the game up to public and we went four man from the spider cave, though the end of act 1, and all the way through act 2. My fresh monk is now level 27 after about 3 hours of play. That is exactly like Diablo 2, where you could set it to /players8 and reap experience, where the cost is only having to hit a demon 3 times to kill it instead of once or twice. When you look down and see you're getting 300%+ bonus experience, that is hilarious. It really is too bad I don't have a hellfire ring and/or Leoric ring to supplement my growth. At this rate, I might be past 60 when I finish Nightmare.

I like how when I stopped playing, a bad, low end Calamity was still a million+, now it is cheaper than +exp gear for level 15 characters. The game is definitely less terrible than it was before, and the fact that green and burnt orange items actually drop sometimes now is a plus.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2013, 03:30 PM #430 of 497
Yup. I was thinking about starting to raise up a Barb to take advantage of the anniversary buff, but leveling to 60 is already super fast anyway so I'm trying to get my Monk to 50 before it runs out. Also I'd like to ideally get a few good drops to get some funds to decently gear him once I hit 60.

But yeah, the mob density stuff now is crazy. My favorite thing now is the double legendary drops, which I've had happen a few times now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2013, 10:02 PM Local time: May 20, 2013, 09:02 PM #431 of 497
I'm having fun with this monk, using Fists of Thunder/Thunderclap and Sweeping Wind/Cyclone along with a 6/25 Won Khim Lau and about 2200 life on hit. Running MP4 inferno to start with, though I'm sure I will have to scale that back once I get towards the end of act 1 and into act 2, since I am basically geared on a budget and only getting about 50k paper DPS.

I had nearly a double legendary drop the other day, with one dropping about a full screen away from another. It was hell difficulty, so nothing to write home about. The other day, I found a low level legendary amulet, Squirt's Necklace, which has terrible stats but still sold for 2 million. Whatever, people are dumb I guess.

I just found a 272 str, 6% cc Immortal King's hat that is apparently worth many millions, and is probably the most valuable item I have found on the game. If I ever pick up my barbarian again, I guess I would regret selling it, but ehhhh, a quarter billion gold sounds better than holding some godly item just in case I ever need it in the future on a character I will probably never touch again.

FELIPE NO
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2013, 03:59 PM Local time: May 26, 2013, 10:59 PM #432 of 497
Played som MP8 with a online friend, Daravon i get it now. Tanking these mobs is when the 'nades build shine. Still not getting any fucking legs tho.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2013, 07:49 PM #433 of 497
Yeah, Grenades are all about face tanking, which in group play requires you to probably be on at least MP7, and more like 8+ since on anything lower a halfway decent group is just tearing through mobs. The Grenade setup totally works, but requires a bit of prep in getting the traps going and all, but it does shine at high MP.

Also Term I need to try to get you a 1h weapon; with 1.08 promoting group play a lot of people don't like it when people are running EF's (excluding Barbs in offhand, since WW won't proc offhand stuff) since it causes enemies to run off, so that's partially my bad in telling you to get one. It's not a huge deal either way though, but we should probably try to get you a replacement.

Edit: Also you actually probably want to try to upgrade that anyway, since having Life Steal on both weapons is pretty much mandatory for Monks once you start getting past MP3 or so anyway.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by SailorDaravon; May 26, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2013, 12:15 AM Local time: May 26, 2013, 10:15 PM #434 of 497
YAlso Term I need to try to get you a 1h weapon; with 1.08 promoting group play a lot of people don't like it when people are running EF's (excluding Barbs in offhand, since WW won't proc offhand stuff) since it causes enemies to run off, so that's partially my bad in telling you to get one. It's not a huge deal either way though, but we should probably try to get you a replacement.

Edit: Also you actually probably want to try to upgrade that anyway, since having Life Steal on both weapons is pretty much mandatory for Monks once you start getting past MP3 or so anyway.
Just tell me what 1H to get and I'll try to get it to the best of my ability. Any required stats is an added bonus as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2013, 05:12 PM #435 of 497
The Butcher's Sickle you have in your main hand is good; I have one in my mainhand as well that's only just very slightly better. From what I've discovered in getting my Monk up to 50 and hitting up the Monk subreddit hard is that for your Monk you pretty much want:

-A 1h with CD, LS, and a socket. Anything else you can get (like say Dex) is gravy, but you pretty much need to have those three, the CD is going to make up for not having your primary stat.
-For your offhand you pretty much want to shoot for getting a Won Khim Lau, at least provided that you're running Fists of Thunder and Sweeping Wind/Cyclone, which I don't think ANY viable Monk build doesn't already run outside of maybe a hardcore Tempest Rush build. You're going to lose sheet DPS, BUT the adds +% Lightning Damage and Lightning Skills do +% more damage are enormous, since FoT and Cyclones (which are your primary DPS output) will benefit directly. The main downside to the WKL though (aside from losing sheet dps) is that they always roll Dex so you can only get two random rolls which does force you into going with LS and an empty socket, so they're pretty in demand.

The Monk subreddit is here and the link on the right called the Monk Toolbox is what you're looking for where you can put in all your stats, and on one of the tabs (Misc or Various I think?) you can plug in the Lightning Skills do X% more damage number to get an approximate real DPS. In general that subreddit is fantastic though.

As a point of comparison, I got my offhand 775 damage WKL for I think around 20 mil, and on paper it looked like a 15k or so dps drop, but in terms of real dps it was actually a small boost AND I gained LS (my previous one didn't have it). Lightning Damage only rolls either 5-6%, but on the Lightning Skills do more damage try to get at least 20%, since that's the big one and it rolls anywhere from 15-25%. I'll keep an eye out for a decent one, I've got like 25-30 mil and any upgrades for me at this point are past that anyway so I'll grab one if I see a good deal or something.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2013, 10:13 AM Local time: May 31, 2013, 05:13 PM #436 of 497
So is everyone and their mother playing WW barb? is there a good build page so u can see what gear to try to get for your barb?

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2013, 06:17 PM #437 of 497
Everyone and their mother has been playing a WW Barb for 6 moths, it's clearly the best/most broken thing right now. I don't know shit about them, but the subreddit for Barbs just went up, I'd imagine there's build stuff there?

Diablo 3 Barbarians

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2013, 07:13 PM Local time: May 31, 2013, 05:13 PM #438 of 497
So is everyone and their mother playing WW barb? is there a good build page so u can see what gear to try to get for your barb?
Here's where I go for mine:

Fistfuck locustblowers

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2013, 08:57 PM #439 of 497
You can tell a class is broken when at both Paragon divides the IDENTICAL skill and rune setup is being used. Usually there's a split or a clear divide on some skills as you get to the higher Paragon/MP levels, but nooooope.

Also the DH sucks balls in high level group play, but playing MP10 with some super hardcore people from GAF is pretty great since they're so decked out it doesn't even matter, cleared like 7 legendaries in an hour. All crap, but still.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:34 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2013, 06:34 PM #440 of 497
Everyone and their mother has been playing a WW Barb for 6 moths, it's clearly the best/most broken thing right now. I don't know shit about them, but the subreddit for Barbs just went up, I'd imagine there's build stuff there?

Diablo 3 Barbarians
i know this (im not noob yo!!!! lol) but since i rejoined the ranks ALL I see is barbs. Seems like everyone that didnt leave just migrated towards barb.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2013, 07:16 PM #441 of 497
It's hard to tell, I see a pretty good mix of classes in just playing random games; probably more DHs than anything actually, but that's because they benefit the most from party play since they need carrying the most honestly.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2013, 01:53 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2013, 08:53 PM #442 of 497
well my quest for WW gear ended quite quickly, a random dude dumped 13-16m of gear on me and said have fun.
Never expected that from a community where most seem to be douches.

Putting my DH on the backburner now (actually switched the grenade build to a perma strafe and had fun with it) and playing with this since it's fun as dicks.

such a different feeling not dying every 2-3 mobs lol.
Manko - Community - Diablo III

Ofc it's not the best gear, I need better weapons and a bit more Crit dmg and LoH, but i cleared out mp5 without too much trouble (fucking poison pits and tree sperm ssuck tho) so i'll manage for now. Free .99 always tastes good!

no homo
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:11 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2013, 09:11 PM #443 of 497
What is the deal here, last week 150 dex Unity rings cost 500k, today they are 10 times that. Good Natalya's Reflections could be had for under a million, now the cheapest bad one on auction house is 850k.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2013, 05:58 PM #444 of 497
holy fuckballs did anyone else see all of the changes they're making for the upcoming expansion? If they actually deliver on this stuff this will finally be the true successor to D2 and the loot game king.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2014, 09:56 AM #445 of 497
Bumping this since Term was talking about playing again; I'm taking a break at the moment but never really stopped. People may not be aware of all of the changes that they've made recently, and right now there is also a Public Test Realm up for Loot 2.0 (and other) changes for everyone, and there is additionally a very limited closed beta running for RoS. This is the most recent changelog for both from Blizzard, some minor tweaks have been made but nothing big. But given that some people here probably haven't even played since before they added Monster Power over a year ago they probably have no idea what's up. I have enough gold where I can get anybody who wants to get back on up to snuff in no time at all.

The tl;dr version is that Loot 2.0 combined with what's in RoS makes this look like this may finally be the true successor to Diablo 2. There's been no NDA for the RoS beta so people have been watching it played for a month or two now, and it looks like the real deal. Still have some complaints, but it's a significant improvement overall, and that's from someone who was still actively playing it.

HIGH LEVEL ADDTIONS TO VANILLA DIABLO 3 (currently available in PTR)
Quote:
-Clans and Communities added

-Cursed Chests events added; some chests are now cursed and trigger special events when you try to open them.

-Significant itemization/loot updates (aka Loot 2.0). All items in the game can now drop at any level (aka Legendaries aren't level-locked anymore, so you can find a Level 60 Leoric's Signet now for example), and both the drops that you get and the stats on the items will generally be tailored to your class. Not 100% of the time so it's not broken, but this eliminates the constant bullshit currently of my Monk finding nothing but 2-handed wands that have huge Strength rolls on them for example. Items also have new stats/properties, etc, and the number of items that drop are lessened but the items are better, and with tighter rolls (aka instead of a wand being able to roll 1-100 int, it'll now only roll in the 80-100 int range for example). You will actually find and upgrade your gear from drops now, which is obviously important as well since the Auction Houses are completely going away prior to RoS launching.

-Paragon leveling has been changed. Paragon levels are now shared across all of your characters account wide (although Softcore/Hardcore are separated obviously). A big improvement since now you can switch characters at will without feeling like you're gimping yourself by going from your Paragon 100 Barbarian to your Paragon 1 Wizard. Also the bonuses from Paragon levels have changed; Right now every time you gain a Paragon level you get your normal base stat boosts and then +3% MF/GF. That's completely going away, now with every Paragon level you get to put one point into a variety of stats/abilities. So for example at Paragon 1 you get to put one point into "Core" stats, which lets you increase either your Str/Dex/Int/Vit by +5. On the next Paragon level you get to put one point into "Offensive" stats which are Attack Speed, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and Cooldown Reduction. On the next Paragon level you get one point into "Defensive" stats which increase your Life %, Armor, Dodge, or Resist All. On the next Paragon level you get one point for "Utility" which is Maximum Resource, Magic Find, Movement Speed and Gold Pickup Radius. Then on the next (5th) Paragon level you wrap back around to having a point to spend in Core stats. Paragon levels are infinite now. You will cap out at +25 in each of the stats in all of the non-Core categories which will take you until Paragon Level 800 to reach, then at that point you will get one point into Core stats indefinitely every time you level. For reference, people who currently have 10 Paragon Level 100 characters right now in Vanilla will convert "only" into about Paragon level 254 in RoS. Also the last big change is that you can respec your Paragon stat allocations at ANY TIME in-game if you choose.

-Current difficulty system is being changed; right now we have Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno + Monster Power slider. This is being changed to a flat: Normal/Hard/Expert which open immediately. Then Master Difficulty opens at 60. A new difficulty + slider opens at level 70 but that's RoS only so that'll be below. But as a result of the change you no longer have to go through the game 3 goddamn times to get to Inferno. If you think you can hang with it you can start a level 1 character on Expert if you want. Additionally in all modes/difficulties all monsters now scale with you, so you can farm/level up wherever you want now.

-New Elite monster affixes have been added.

-Nephalem Valor is completely removed; they want you to re-assign your skills and Paragon points as needed mid-game so it removes that limitation. Also is a bit of a non-issue with RoS addition of Rifts.

-The FIRST time you kill an Act boss in Campaign mode with a character you are guaranteed a Legendary drop. Since all enemies scale to your level and in RoS you never have to actually do campaign if you don't want to (see Rifts/Bounties below) pretty much what people will do is level to 70 in the other mode, then complete the story mode once to clear the bosses at level 70 for a guaranteed level 70 legendary.
REAPER OF SOULS ADDITIONS/CHANGES (on top of the vanilla changes

Quote:
-New level cap of 70, Crusader, Act 5, etc.

-Adventure Mode added, this is the big one. Adventure Mode is a separate mode from Campaign from the main menu. Adventure Mode allows you to immediately from anywhere warp to any waypoint in any Act instantly. Aside from this, the main draw to this mode are Rifts and Bounties, which is pretty much what you're going to be doing in this game now since it makes Campaign mode irrelevant now except for story purposes.

-Bounties. These are random objectives you are given, 5 per act in Adventure Mode. They're randomized things like go to this zone and kill this unique monster/boss, clear this zone or event, etc. For each bounty you complete you get loot, items, etc along with blood shards which can be traded to vendors in town for items and gambling. If you complete all 5 bounties in an act you will a Great Horadric Cache which is literally a loot bag you open where a ton of shit comes out (smaller caches also drop). You also get a Rift Keystone which you need to do Rifts. Your available Bounties all reset/change every time you leave and go back into a game.

-Rifts added. These are ~10-15 minute randomized dungeons that once cleared provide a ton of loot.

-Mystic now available to re-roll any item in the game. Short version is that on any item in the game you can pick ONE property to re-roll; once you have picked the property to re-roll you're locked into only being able to re-roll that one slot, but you can re-roll it as many times as you want (with increasing crafting item and gold costs). When you're deciding which slot to re-roll it will show you all of the possible things that slot will be able to re-roll into. Picked up a shield that's awesome but has one useless stat? Re-roll that into Crit Chance or All Resist! The Mystic will also let you transmogrify the appearance of any item in the game to look like any other one. For Legendary item appearances you will have to have picked up that Legendary after RoS release to add it to your "catalog". Also (obviously) items have to be of the same type, you can't make a two-handed sword look like a fist.

-On any item you get you can actually see the possible stat ranges on the stats on it which is cool so you can see if you got a good roll or a shitty roll on a stat.

-There's a crazy amount of new crafting items; as in I have seen crafting agents drop only from very specific bosses or unique enemies; there's probably dozens. I don't think we even know what all of them are or what they do yet.
Also all signs point to Ladders/Seasons being in the game (there's in-game leaderboard stuff for it) but it probably won't make launch. Also didn't touch on it but obviously there's a shitload of class changes, new abilities, etc. There's also like 5 or 6 additional tiers of gems added, a complete new gem type, etc.

Right now the only point of contention for most people is that they are severely limiting trading. They clearly want to get rid of botting given that they are completely killing the auction houses prior to RoS launch. Now pretty much all items, gems, etc are bind on account. These items can ONLY be traded to someone who was in the active game with you when you found them, and ONLY for 2 hours from the time it dropped (the game will indicate this on the item details). The community is pretty split on this one. Personally with drops happening mostly for your class, it kinda sucks if you're a Monk and fight a sweet Monk weapon that's maybe not quite as good as what you have, so you want to give it to your friend but he's not online and in your group so you can't. I'd like to maybe see them expand it a bit to maybe make it tradeable to anyone who was already on your friends list when the item dropped for 24 hours or something like that. At this point it seems unlikely this will change. On the plus side this encourages people to actually play the game instead of Auction Housing it, as well as play in groups.

The bounty/rift system is clearly built for you to just keep doing loot runs, and it gets rid of the campaign bullshit altogether which is fantastic. The Rifts are also crazy, they're totally random and there's videos of people finding random dungeons that are literally filled with cows, dozens of treasure goblins, etc. So the gameplay loop has been significantly tightened, which for a loot game is ideal. After watching a ton of RoS livestreams it's easily my most anticipated game this year.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2014, 08:48 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2014, 06:48 PM 1 #446 of 497
Now that most people are way over and also possibly a little irritated with Borderlands 2, it seems like this thread should probably get a new title.

The sheer amount of changes Daravon's mentioned seems to make the game no less daunting for me to jump into. I've installed it and played an hour or two in. Need to find people to play the game with, but Tritoch has been disinterested. Even though I bought him his copy for Christmas. In 2012.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:49 PM 6 #447 of 497
hjey oyu agotr a new title congratrs!

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:31 AM Local time: Jan 10, 2014, 10:31 PM #448 of 497
It's everything I ever wanted.

PS i love how tritoch can't disagree with what i've said and can only diss it

IT WAS FOR CHRISTMAS YOU ASSHOLE

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:36 AM Local time: Jan 10, 2014, 11:36 PM 2 #449 of 497
::Implication you have a computer of some variety and not just a collection of outdated iPhones::

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2014, 02:46 AM Local time: Jan 11, 2014, 12:46 AM 1 #450 of 497
::Implication you have a computer of some variety and not just a collection of outdated iPhones::
They are all daisy-chained together to produce roughly the equivalent of a 2009 MacBook Pro in computational power.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII